boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127059

pristine fire axe took em down with one hit

So I entered "validating" in the search box and came up with zero results.....So is anyone experiencing the endless "validating" loop in Steam when trying to open the game or am I the only lucky one here? Thanks

Just tested the bear trap myself, had the foresight to make a splint. just wish i hadn't put the splint into my trouser pocket. :rolleyes:

*facepalm*

Don't mess with zach. Found a hatchet and thought I would be all good.

Nope.

Definitely works if you are desperate, but keeping your distance is very important. Their ability to attack in a wider arc and increased rate of attacks makes them murderous up close.

Spent probably 30+ rounds of .357 while surviving in Elektro in about and hour and a half's time.

Protip: It isn't a 1 hit kill with .357 anymore. 3 body shots, 1 head shot.

The bear trap is definitely a dangerous toy to mess around with. Got injured twice when setting one up, where it says that "you were injured on the mechanism while trying to set it up" (or something similar).

Now both entrances to Novo townhall has been trapped. I am just waiting a corner house for the first prey.

Edit: Servers still seem to restart very frequently, I think I am currently on my 8th server within this last hour.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 3

Summer camp.

Can't wait to take some good pictures of this place tonight! :)

Not a single zombie anywhere. And "server is restarting" after like 5 min of playing in every 1st person server. ^^. That's enough of experimenting for me tonight.

Oh yea and tested "drop down a ladder" on one of those garages. ----> "you are dead" :D

I really like the idle animations in the main menu! If we could see those same idle animations in game that would make it even more awesome!

• Like 1

Not a single zombie anywhere. And "server is restarting" after like 5 min of playing in every 1st person server. ^^. That's enough of experimenting for me tonight.

Oh yea and tested "drop down a ladder" on one of those garages. ----> "you are dead" :D

Played like hour on 1st person server, also didnt see any zombies (far north). That server restarted once on that time.

Played a good hour n a half straight on one of the 1PP servers. But yeah, I was kind of hoping for more zombies. Seems like it's still back to the same amount as stable.

Played like hour on 1st person server, also didnt see any zombies (far north). That server restarted once on that time.

I have been alternating between 1st and 3rd person server to minimise login countdown, and all of them have restarted after 5-10 mins. I am currently between servers (think it is my 14th tonight).

• Like 1

Food tins must now be made out of stainless steel. I've used an ax, sickle, hunting knife and a screwdriver on cans, but the most that I can get out of them is ~ 37%. It's no surpise with the ax, but the other tools used to be rather effective.

Perhaps the devs, in their twisted sense of humor, thought it would be more fun for us to starve, even though we can find plenty of food, rather than have us find no food at all? 

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

Yea maybe just bad luck with the servers that i chose to connect after restart. DE and UK mostly.

Played a good hour n a half straight on one of the 1PP servers. But yeah, I was kind of hoping for more zombies. Seems like it's still back to the same amount as stable.

It's possible other people have killed the zombies and they haven't respawned yet.

Whats with the circle in my screen?

Other then that i like the new items! :)

Have any of the other .55 updates had vehicle damage in them? I just smashed my truck into a tree and blew the 2 front tires along with the windows.

Whats with the circle in my screen?

New crosshair. I think it is really good.

Lots of zombies. They seem to function a bit smoother than previously, although there is still desync and rubberbanding. And they attack insanely fast and are very resilient as well. I don't know if the fast attack is intended, but their first attack always seems impossible to dodge.

• Like 1

I read a lot about the servers restarting, but I've played for about 2 hours on the same server without any restarts. 1PP. 

I've seen a couple of players timeout though, so that must be what's happening to those loosing connection to the server.

Having a good time so far.

• Like 2

The crosshair even exists in 1p?? Yeah i dont like that...

Too arcadey for me.

These new reticles look pretty good, very clean.  I like the menu idle animation, too.  They way the character fiddles with their gun is very...  Civilian-y?  Like they don't quite know what to do with it.