boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127059

The crosshair even exists in 1p?? Yeah i dont like that...

Too arcadey for me.

Try it, its pretty good.  Its so faint that you barely see it at all (much less than the dot) unless you're standing still and looking for it.

The crosshair even exists in 1p?? Yeah i dont like that...

Too arcadey for me.

I think the dot was perhaps too useful for aiming, the circle is a bit more ambiguous so may be a good compromise, I'm curious to see how I react to it in-game. The idea though I think is sound.

is it only me, or the running speed was actually reduced and the 1st pp camera lowered?

is it only me, or the running speed was actually reduced and the 1st pp camera lowered?

1PP camera seems raised to eye level to me.  I actually noticed and measured against a picture hanging on the wall.  Seems exactly eye-level now.

• Like 2

I read a lot about the servers restarting, but I've played for about 2 hours on the same server without any restarts. 1PP. 

I've seen a couple of players timeout though, so that must be what's happening to those loosing connection to the server.

Having a good time so far.

Perhaps. But each and every time it happens I get a BE message a couple of seconds before it happening, which says that the server is about to restart and that I will be kicked. And sure enough, shortly after the red "no connection" message appears mid screen.

Try it, its pretty good.  Its so faint that you barely see it at all (much less than the dot) unless you're standing still and looking for it.

I agree, the circle is less distracting than the dot.

• Like 3

is it only me, or the running speed was actually reduced ...

It was scheduled to be reduced once vehicles were introduced. I haven't noticed any difference yet, but thanks for mentioning it. I'll have a closer look.

So I found a bear trap.

DayZ%202015-03-25%2021-02-26-08_zpseaqj2

That looks painful!

Do you need a medic???

That looks painful!

Do you need a medic???

I just might lol, but that's the least of my problems, my right hand is so twisted in an unnatural way.

DayZ%202015-03-25%2021-01-47-40_zpsirjit

• Like 1

So I found a bear trap.

That looks uncomfortable.  Be warned, I have set a few of these in high traffic areas behind closed doors.  You may just stumble bumble into one.  I've had two player encounters today, one shot me, but before I blacked out I unloaded a good amount of 5.45 into his ass, then I bled out.  The other just ran away, I went the other way.  So I am in a decidedly unfriendly mood.

Zeds seem ok, haven't encountered that many though.

Edited by Barnabus

That looks uncomfortable.  Be warned, I have set a few of these in high traffic areas behind closed doors.  You may just stumble bumble into one.  I've had two player encounters today, one shot me, but before I blacked out I unloaded a good amount of 5.45 into his ass, then I bled out.  The other just ran away, I went the other way.  So I am in a decidedly unfriendly mood.

Zeds seem ok, haven't encountered that many though.

I raise your traps with 2 of my mines, watch that step ;)

Don't mess with zach. Found a hatchet and thought I would be all good.

Nope.

Definitely works if you are desperate, but keeping your distance is very important. Their ability to attack in a wider arc and increased rate of attacks makes them murderous up close.

Spent probably 30+ rounds of .357 while surviving in Elektro in about and hour and a half's time.

Protip: It isn't a 1 hit kill with .357 anymore. 3 body shots, 1 head shot.

Use the shotgun. Its one shot one kill all the time on those guys.

• Like 1

^OW!! @bear trap pic

I've stuck to the same server and only had some instability that may have caused me to be unable to open a door once.

I'm still running around with a useless AK74, A sawn-off, and magnum in my pack, and a sporter in my hands... for sport.

I've had very few times where I had dropped frames but I have seen some small rubberbanding.

It's possible that low ping is helpful for server connectivity (as usual...).

I found a military infected in a shed who I quickly killed with the sporter but his ghost continued to haunt me bashing me around the town as I tried to get away.

Eventually, as recommended by Eugene in the first 0.55 release, running made the poltergeist go away.

I've noticed infected aggroing to the sound of bullets ricocheting and possibly being generally drawn to areas where I've made a commotion.

Melee seems good for me and learning to dodge them took a few tries but I'm getting better at it.

Infected hitting you with forward attacks when you are behind them is a problem. This could be minute desynch/animations not quite caught up to ghost of infected.

My clothes held up really well and I kept mending after every attack.

My last fight with an infected however ruined my raincoat in just a few hits which I thankfully was able to replace.

I found a landmine but gave up the space for a sidearm.

Could've swapped the Sporter for a Mosin but DIDN'T! Actually want to practice being quieter, iron sights for headshots, picking through small towns.

Closing doors on an infected worked well earlier.

I had one very close behind me but still was able to squeeze it out as I ran through.

I dropped the Sporter climbing a ladder and it disappeared.

Hoping to log back in and find it at my feet (checked the entrance to the building and it wasn't there).

Sorry to hear this patch isn't holding up for some....

I swear this is a taste of some real SA!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

I just noticed that if you empty your items out of your backpack into another on the ground, then equip it, your hotkeys stay as they were.  I recall it used to reset them.

That new circle crosshair is really horrible. I only play 1st person and now I see this wretched white circle in my screen.

Give us at least the option to remove it. I don't need a crosshair.

Dayz is such a beatifull game, why ruin that wit this white hoola-hoop in the middle of my screen...

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 2

exp overall is great!!

server had 3 people on it... so performace was unreal.. everything so touchy no character de sync!

started south of beri..

moved west to mysta and started to find all the lil nic naks...

got to staroye and by then i had everything i could of wanted to start with.. axe, matches, knife... LOL LAND MINE!

found a chainsaw... no fuel.

in staroye i found a v3s...

drove to what i call * vybor military base *

walked inside double barracks... was sprayed in the back while looking under a bed.

was unarmed... sigh* 

exit.

with all the new features in game... 0.55 is looking like a sweet patch as long as battle eye is working..

• Like 1

LANDMINES.

take up 4 slots, but actually quite small and unobtrusive when placed. must be place, then activated, and you get a countdown timer to activation. They do not respond to being shot, or to objects being thrown at them. However, the explosion when your buddy yolo's over them is quite impressive.

• Like 4

That new circle crosshair is really horrible. I only play 1st person and now I see this wretched white circle in my screen.

Dayz is such a beatifull game, why ruin that wit this white hoola-hoop in the middle of my screen...

I don't mind the circle myself but some people need something to focus on to combat motion sickness.

I agree 100% that you should be able to remove artificial cross hairs altogether! Why not....

Edited by BioHaze

The running animation when holding a bear trap in your hands needs fixed as it doesn't look right! Anyone else notice zombies can open doors now?

Agreed, it needs to go. I'm sure it must be a placeholder...

My other big complaint is the lack of zoom. Reduced by a further 40% so objects appear half the size they do in the mod, and also much smaller than ARMA 3... why?

Go look at someone 200 meters away, then at the same distance in the game... the player will appear too small.

Ahh, the life of a Vybor spawn...with 2 hueys nearby.

I just noticed that if you empty your items out of your backpack into another on the ground, then equip it, your hotkeys stay as they were.  I recall it used to reset them.

This is working on 0.54 stable, too ... for the time being.

• Like 1