eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

I've noticed the way swords are held is wrong (at least on the main menu screen) as the hands should be closer together.

I set the max ping to 500ms in the server browser. Once in a while I see US Northeast 0-1 and 0-2 pop up, but they are missing, more than they are there and the ping is pretty erratic, bouncing between 125 ms and >500ms. I don't see any other experimental servers at all. I did manage to get on Northeast 0-1 three, or four times, but within a couple of minutes, I get the dreaded, "No message received." message. So, it looks like I'm back over to stable until Monday.

The zeds are absolutely everywhere and they are not making a lot of noise, so I was startled a couple of times. Whacking them with a great bloody sledge hammer was good fun, as it makes them take a step back, but due to desync, they still get their licks in.

Still, it was fun while it lasted.

RIP servers.

Doesn't seem like we'll get much service through the weekend unless someone sits by a reset button....

The zeds are absolutely everywhere and they are not making a lot of noise, so I was startled a couple of times.

You should try getting reaaaally close to one, if you're able without startling it, and listen to the sounds they make when they think no one is listening :) Kind of creepy.

• Like 1

Yeah, during one of the "no message received" incidents, I strolled right up to one, to check her out. She was making a low growling noise, but suddenly I had a much louder gurgling/growling noise in my right ear cup. It was really creepy! 

The other creepy thing was the doors opening and closing all by themselves. It really boosted the paranoia level up to 11.

• Like 2

Will shutting down Dayz may accelerate development and if so make a poll and I'm sure many will agree for the sake of more stable and advanced version ? maybe you can keep experimental running.

This is the nature of the experimental servers.  Few seem to realize that what we experience in experimental is rarely, if ever, what we get when that build goes to stable.  Stable will always "work" better than experimental.  Since this is an alpha, really, if you think about it, even stable is experimental in nature, so shutting down stable would be, in effect, shutting down experimental too.  On experimental we get things like acceleration on shoe wear or hunger and thirst or whatever the Dev gods want to see tested before it goes to stable as what it was intended to be.  Then on stable the devs get to see how that works out and what work needs to be done to make it better.

• Like 4

Is it a bug or a feature where anyone who spawns near Vybor is spawned without shoes or clothing as I've spawned there twice so far and both times have spawned

without clothing or shoes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407133800

Very old bug.  I've had it a few times but not lately (which means when I go back in that is precisely what will happen to me).  Just go straight to the green house to get some clothing, then head up to the barn for shoes.  If it is low pop then you can risk a run straight to the Vybor mil base and gear up with a quickness.  Good luck.

• Like 2

that sound quite elitist to me...

he never said that a "smooth experience" is his primary concern. i think he is like the vast majority of the players that try experimental : he just want to see the new features and improvements and knows that performances are not as smooth as stable. this update is not playable since you can't play more than 5 minutes, then you have a crash, 70 sec of waiting (thanks, we really needed that 10 sec extra in experimental), 2 minutes of please wait, 5 minutes of gameplay and a new cycle begins.

don't tell me you are playing experimental only to gather data for the devs, i won't believe you :P . it a mutual service, we try the new things because new things are cool, then we complain about things that doesn't work :) .

bye ;)

Well, the crashes are "player based related". The less the players are on the server, the less chances are it's gonna crash. Although this is just based on player observations, as yesterday I played experimental for 2-3 hours, without a single crash.

Experimental experiences varies greatly from one player to the other. (But I love it! ;) )

• Like 2

Yeah, during one of the "no message received" incidents, I strolled right up to one, to check her out. She was making a low growling noise, but suddenly I had a much louder gurgling/growling noise in my right ear cup. It was really creepy! 

The other creepy thing was the doors opening and closing all by themselves. It really boosted the paranoia level up to 11.

And this is exactly why I am a MASSIVELY HUGE fan of some thing some people hate and that thing is the random noise bug especially at night.  In our real lives we think we hear things all the time and in game it should not be any different.  It makes you take a second to think "did that soda really pop or is it just in my head?"  When I the random zed agro noise I always look behind me and wonder if I really heard it, is a zed after me or is someone flanking or following me and aggroed a zed instead or was that just in my head.  Talk about creepy and paranoia.  I love it, I am in my own scary movie, except I NEVER go look!

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Very old bug.  I've had it a few times but not lately (which means when I go back in that is precisely what will happen to me).  Just go straight to the green house to get some clothing, then head up to the barn for shoes.  If it is low pop then you can risk a run straight to the Vybor mil base and gear up with a quickness.  Good luck.

Unfortunately I ended up dying to an invisible zombie after going to check out a spawned police car. I had managed to find a pair of pants and some military

boots before that though so I wasn't as bad off as when I started. 

Edited by LordBlackwolf

We had been fighting some plague going around the office, about 14 people were sick over last 4 weeks. It keeps coming back. So no patch today sadly

Well, back to stable then for the weekend.  You guys might want to consider getting a new janitor and fumigating your office spaces.  Stay well and go have some Beer and Presto Pizza, for the record a Hawaiian Pizza in Hawaii is called a Haole and it DOES NOT HAVE NOR DID IT EVER HAVE Thousand Island Dressing in place of a tomato based pizza sauce (I had that in Rayong, Thailand, it's as disgusting as it sounds),

• Like 2

Is there any ETA on group AI? And on clothes affecting hiding from zombies?

I mean, may we get it durin 0.55 or in future patches?

Edit: Thanks LordBlackWolf, i guess i didnt understood it that way since there's no specifics.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Is there any ETA on group AI? And on clothes affecting hiding from zombies?

I mean, may we get it durin 0.55 or in future patches?

It was already mentioned by Eugen that it may be in by the end of the 0.55 cycle. Same goes for silencers as well.

• Like 1

You used the word "playable" which is why I referred you to Stable. The goal of Experimental is to gather data and provide feedback; if that isn't why you are playing Experimental then you are in it for the wrong reasons. I'm not trying to be hostile, it just sounds like you would be better off not playing Experimental at this time if your primary concern is a smooth experience.

So how can we provide data if we get constant game crashes? Seems like 2 patches in a row that's filled with bugs= unacceptable!

Clothes should never effect visibility

So how can we provide data if we get constant game crashes? Seems like 2 patches in a row that's filled with bugs= unacceptable!

You are contributing data simply by firing up the game and logging in to a server. Just by participating, even in situations like this, you are generating information that will help them fix the problems that you're encountering. Even so, make sure to check the feedback tracker and file any issues you don't see already filed (and add to ones that are already filed).

That said, I can't blame you for being frustrated. I won't be playing Experimental much this weekend myself because I would rather work on other things on Stable. Given that it looks like Experimental servers are dropping left and right, there may not be any left to play on by the end of the weekend anyway... and that's okay.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

We had been fighting some plague going around the office, about 14 people were sick over last 4 weeks. It keeps coming back. So no patch today sadly

so, what you're saying is that you are all.... infected?

Clothes should never effect visibility

I wonder if the person meant things like ghillie suits or camouflage clothing?

so, what you're saying is that you are all.... infected?

Maybe they'll be the cause of the impending zombie apocalypse! 

^Just a couple that are taking turns crashing, filling, crashing, switch, repeat.... in my region.

My first character died when I went to the 3rd floor of a construction sight and desynched through the ground watching the sun fade away into "you are dead".

My next character never healed properly as I struggled in sort of nonchalant fashion with the current stomach capacity system.

Eventually tangled with one too many infected with the less than reliable wrench and died from a single hard infected hit.

The broken heat map stuff is kinda funny.

Somewhere there's a town full of AK's and across the map, a town full of the magazines....

• Like 1

I wonder if the person meant things like ghillie suits or camouflage clothing?

Im saying zombies should not see you better if your wearing bright clothing.

Im saying zombies should not see you better if your wearing bright clothing.

I am having a difficult time following your logic. The zeds are people ... infected, but still people. If they were animals, it wouldn't matter if you wear a safety-orange raincoat, because most animals do not have color vision. But, people do.

In a perfect world, the color of your clothing should have a bearing on the likelihood of your detection. However, I would anticipate that the code involved could be quite complex. Therefore, I am OK, if the devs decide to make this simplification for the sake of making the game run smoother. But ideally, clothing color should matter.

• Like 3

Sounds like I had an average experience late yesterday/early morning here. "No message received"   showed up by the time 6 people were on server, occasionally with only 3. Had 2 zeds at once after me with with that slide desync &* when I looked over my shoulder and saw them right on me, keeping up, almost had to change pants. I had 1 instance of desync with 'invisible' zombie(was a room and a hall way from me). Also had 1 desync dive oif deathly despair thru the roof of apts. in Cherno. I''ve been joyously surprised several times by the quieter zombies now. Gotta stay even more on my toes - love it! So far(maybe 3 hrs. total) haven't met any of the nearly blind zombies, if i am running upright in their sight line they see me a very good distance away. If crouched I have had to stay about 3-4 house lots(50-60 m.?) away if running in their cone of sight. If slow/walk, I have walked in sight cone as close as 20-30 m. and ahve been ignored. However, I have also been crouched completely still next to a bush, watching zed behavior; when one went aggro when it got a bit less than 2 house lots from me. I don't know if there is supposed to be variable sensitivities for the zeds or it is a bit of a bug, but I rather like that randomness - keeps me sharp.

Sir Bleedout, when our characters get sick we lose color vision, why wouldn't zombies have the some problems if we have similar original biologies?

Edited by hotrod

I just wanted to state that the testers of the experimental build should stop making post about whining. First the game is still in alpha and secondly it's an experimental build. Meant to have lots of bugs. As a programmer I understand the need to gather data, so you can catch all kinds of bugs so you know where to look and fix the issues. By any means please post issues and bugs so the developers know what needs to be fixed. But please refrain from anything otherwise. Other than that good job devs! I look forward to playing 0.55 on stable. 

• Like 4