SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.54 Discussion

Just played for almost 2 hours and no crashes :) It did CTD after I clicked Exit, but it never crashed once while I was playing.

Awesome news :) no launch parameters needed?

i deleted mine (in stable i currently use  -maxMem=2047 -Malloc=ttb4malloc_bi_x64 ) because that's what we are supposed to test, right? played for ~90minutes:  no memory leaks, no PS1-graphic-bug, i tend to say on my end every urgent issue from 0.54 was fixed. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Big L

Awesome news :) no launch parameters needed?

Nope, no parameters!  B) Total of about 4.5 hours in tonight and NO crashing.

Made my way to the coast in a V3S this evening and found 3 others along the way. When I made it to Elektro, I took notice of another V3S already parked near the western fire station. I cautiously investigated the area and found no one around, so I parked my own right next to it and logged off. Now that vehicles are persistent, someone is going to get a big surprise next time they're running through the city!

X4O1z3g.jpg

iZU6IZg.jpg

EDIT: Found a sword tonight, too!

Xvb1VtU.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Same for me...impossible to play. Keep seeing ppl and zombies teleporting in weird moves. And just after patch :(

Same for me...impossible to play. Keep seeing ppl and zombies teleporting in weird moves. And just after patch :(

"Same for me"? Who are you agreeing with in this post?  :huh:

A special thanks to all EXP dudes out there doing testZ for us stable guys, much appreciated.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

No CTD for me After 2 and half hours, only a memory error when i exited the game too, same as Tatanko .But i can live with that.

• Like 1

Just played for almost 2 hours and no crashes :) It did CTD after I clicked Exit, but it never crashed once while I was playing.

no crash to desktop.

me and my crappy hp.

Haiku completed.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Experimental branch just got updated (I think)! At least according to SteamDB it did. Can't confirm until tonight when I'm off work. It almost has to be additional fixes for 0.54 because it appears the update is less than 1 MB...

EDIT: Just a BattlEye update that needs testing.

Edited by Tatanko

Didn't find any experimental servers up...guess testing is over.

Didn't find any experimental servers up...guess testing is over.

No, it's working fine, I just logged off and other than not being able to find a frigging truck ANYWHERE, I am doing fine.

No, it's working fine, I just logged off and other than not being able to find a frigging truck ANYWHERE, I am doing fine.

Was it you on Singapore 0-1? I wasn't on there, but I saw someone from my friends list was. I decided to play Stable with a few friends this evening to change it up. Ended the night with a death  :| Come on 0.55 Experimental! You cannot be here soon enough :P

Hm. For some reason BE tries to update every time I try to join a server. The first time I expected it, but it's happened 3 times now, once after a restart.

Was it you on Singapore 0-1? I wasn't on there, but I saw someone from my friends list was. I decided to play Stable with a few friends this evening to change it up. Ended the night with a death  :| Come on 0.55 Experimental! You cannot be here soon enough :P

Yes, that was me.  Finally found a truck, way, way up north, almost off the map. 

More about trucks.

1.  You can catch some air with a V3S, not a super schmart idea because you risk rolling her, but you can do it.  This came as a complete surprise to me and pretty close to the adrenaline rush I get from surviving a fire fight with another player.

2.  The V3S was made in Central Europe, where they have winter, if I am not mistaken.  So does it not have a HEATER?  Why am I getting cold while driving a V3S.

3.  Be careful going cross country, the terrain is deceptive, it may look smooth to you but the tires feel it differently, if you are going too fast you can roll her wicked easy.

4.  Does anyone else think the center of gravity of the V3S is a bit too high?  Do they roll this easy in real life?

5.  We need brakes, seriously, we need to be able to lock this puppy up, make the tires smoke and skidder to a sliding, smoking halt.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Yes, that was me.  Finally found a truck, way, way up north, almost off the map. 

More about trucks.

1.  You can catch some air with a V3S, not a super schmart idea because you risk rolling her, but you can do it.  This came as a complete surprise to me and pretty close to the adrenaline rush I get from surviving a fire fight with another player.

2.  The V3S was made in Central Europe, where they have winter, if I am not mistaken.  So does it not have a HEATER?  Why am I getting cold while driving a V3S.

3.  Be careful going cross country, the terrain is deceptive, it may look smooth to you but the tires feel it differently, if you are going too fast you can roll her wicked easy.

4.  Does anyone else think the center of gravity of the V3S is a bit too high?  Do they roll this easy in real life?

5.  We need brakes, seriously, we need to be able to lock this puppy up, make the tires smoke and skidder to a sliding, smoking halt.

All of this. The trucks are much, much more forgiving now than when they were first implemented for sure. I still have some cringe-worthy moments with them from time to time, but it's helping me learn.

Yes, that was me. Finally found a truck, way, way up north, almost off the map.

More about trucks.

1. You can catch some air with a V3S, not a super schmart idea because you risk rolling her, but you can do it. This came as a complete surprise to me and pretty close to the adrenaline rush I get from surviving a fire fight with another player.

2. The V3S was made in Central Europe, where they have winter, if I am not mistaken. So does it not have a HEATER? Why am I getting cold while driving a V3S.

3. Be careful going cross country, the terrain is deceptive, it may look smooth to you but the tires feel it differently, if you are going too fast you can roll her wicked easy.

4. Does anyone else think the center of gravity of the V3S is a bit too high? Do they roll this easy in real life?

5. We need brakes, seriously, we need to be able to lock this puppy up, make the tires smoke and skidder to a sliding, smoking halt.

2.: I guess because you are literally sitting on the motor. Ever wondered why this trucks front is so short? ;)

Edit: Getting cold while driving is a bug then...

Edited by Agilov

Edit: Getting cold while driving is a bug then...

I don't think it's a bug so much as just an incomplete feature. Environmental (and internal) effects on your body while driving seem to be almost the same as if you were just standing still out in the open. I'm sure they'll implement vehicle interior environments eventually, but for now I think the "standing still" environment is being used as a placeholder.

I don't think it's a bug so much as just an incomplete feature. Environmental (and internal) effects on your body while driving seem to be almost the same as if you were just standing still out in the open. I'm sure they'll implement vehicle interior environments eventually, but for now I think the "standing still" environment is being used as a placeholder.

I think so as well. I mean, it's raining inside of vehicles, that shows that there still is some work to do when it comes to environmental effects.

• Like 2

Ok, I have a noob problem, as I don't understand what Eugene mean.

I tried the new BE update on experimental and everything went fine. No crash, no problems, pretty stable experience. I decided to go back to Stable, but now I can't join servers. It says something about not being able to access a file. 

I saw that Eugene said that we needed to validate data if switching back to stable, but I verified file integrity and it's still happening. Where do you validate data?

Edit: Ok, I tried to get into a server again (stable), and it installed the old BE I assume (exp has a new version right?) but now I can't start DayZ anymore, cause it says failed to install BattleEye....  :rolleyes:

Edited by Odin Lowe

I tried the new BE update on experimental and everything went fine. No crash, no problems, pretty stable experience. I decided to go back to Stable, but now I can't join servers. It says something about not being able to access a file. 

I saw that Eugene said that we needed to validate data if switching back to stable, but I verified file integrity and it's still happening. Where do you validate data?

Edit: Ok, I tried to get into a server again (stable), and it installed the old BE I assume (exp has a new version right?) but now I can't start DayZ anymore, cause it says failed to install BattleEye....  :rolleyes:

Same thing was happening to me but on experimental version. Someone from the stable thread said they went into user/AppData/Local/DayZ and renamed the BattlEye folder to BattlEye_old. Next time they joined a server, it updated properly. I tried this with no luck, but after deleting the folder (temporarily moving it) it seemed to update successfully upon starting the game and then once again when I joined a server. 

• Like 1

Same thing was happening to me but on experimental version. Someone from the stable thread said they went into user/AppData/Local/DayZ and renamed the BattlEye folder to BattlEye_old. Next time they joined a server, it updated properly. I tried this with no luck, but after deleting the folder (temporarily moving it) it seemed to update successfully upon starting the game and then once again when I joined a server. 

Validate your files (the "Verify Cache" I think it says) in the game options for DayZ on Steam. When I switched from Experimental to Stable yesterday (Thursday), I validated my files just as Eugen recommended and was able to jump right into Stable servers without issue.

• Like 1

Validate your files (the "Verify Cache" I think it says) in the game options for DayZ on Steam. When I switched from Experimental to Stable yesterday (Thursday), I validated my files just as Eugen recommended and was able to jump right into Stable servers without issue.

That's what I tried, but alas it didn't work. I'll just give it another try and if it doesn't work, I'll rename the folder or delete it to try something else. Thanks fellas, appreciated.

I have a question.  Anyone have any idea why my FPS and overall game performance is so much better on a high ping, low pop experimental server versus the crap FPS and downright slow motion performance I get on a low ping, low pop stable server?  It boggles the shit outta me, I tell you.  Frustrating too.

Edited by Barnabus

That's what I tried, but alas it didn't work. I'll just give it another try and if it doesn't work, I'll rename the folder or delete it to try something else. Thanks fellas, appreciated.

Worked for me, even after several tries with a BE update every time.  Just me being stubborn, but because of my stable issues (above) I am going back to experimental.  It just works so much better for me and I don't understand why...

• Like 1

Sorry, Odin :(

I have a question.  Anyone have any idea why my FPS and overall game performance is so much better on a high ping, low pop experimental server versus the crap FPS and downright slow motion performance I get on a low ping, low pop stable server?  It boggles the shit outta me, I tell you.  Frustrating too.

Mine isn't quite as big of a difference as what you're describing, but I do tend to have a better overall experience on Experimental servers. I'm usually on a far-flung server as well, either Singapore or UK.