TheBeanMan

Is the AUG worth finding?

Hey guys quick question: Is the AUG worth finding?

Yesterday and the day before I spent all day looking for helicopter crash sites on different servers (yes I'm quite sad ;)). I didn't actually find an M4 until I killed an admin who was in possession of one. Now, the M4 isn't the best rifle in the game so should I continue looking for the AUG or stick with the M4?

- I really want to get the AUG because it's my favourite weapon IRL

- I'm not going to look for and use an AK

thanks guys :P

Edit: Died randomly after running through a field on an empty server, but I'll still look for an AUG :(

Edited by TheBeanMan

I didn't like it pre-.53 because of the stock scope attached to it but there were rumours that in .53 we would be able to change the scope but I've yet to see one to find out.

I didn't like it pre-.53 because of the stock scope attached to it but there were rumours that in .53 we would be able to change the scope but I've yet to see one to find out.

same scope, same deal. Aug is a good item to 200m-300m anything more, simply not worth it.

Works nice when, Santa didn't take all our teddy bears away on us.

• Like 1

Found one roughly 15 min after I decided I wanted to find an Aug sometime... Don't really like it how it is now with the scope and all.. Only had a 10 rnd mag with it and lost it by now :D

Found one last night, walked away (already have a nice M4). If I find one at a crash, I'll generally leave it unless someone I know is specifically looking for one. The M4 is far better because of its adaptability, and the scope on the AUG is pisspoor.

The idea is that, in the fullness of time, AUGs will have the same interchangeable modules as the M4 (although different - heavy barrels, etc). Can't see that being a priority for the game, but it's DayZ, so who knows?

Stumbled upon a crashsite that had:

AUG

40mag

smersh vest

several mill clothing....

this is my WOBO char and i do anything to avoid any contact since.

I was a happy farmer..now iam a paranoied halfbush....

Cant say much about it beign usefull but it sure Looks badass.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

same scope, same deal. Aug is a good item to 200m-300m anything more, simply not worth it.

Works nice when, Santa didn't take all our teddy bears away on us.

Yeah I found one about 20mins after this post and seen for myself that the scope couldn't be changed, I had an M4 on me and a truck and I couldn't dual carry so I threw that badboy in the bushes about 20m away from the chopper haha

Don't get caught up on gear.

--------------

tl;dr - I found a 75 drum mag so I went looking for a AKM - found a blaze and I was happy. Then I found a repeater and was happier still (My favorite gun in game :)) Then I found a SKM and was happier as I wanted more firepower and then I found an AK that took the wrong rounds but it wasn't long before I passed a hooker in a bikini firing off rounds at water melons and she gave it to me and something else too!

*scratches*

I also found a "damaged" PSO scope that is as good to look through as a pristine one and another 3 mags of 30 so i'm good. If I can't hit a guy with 75 rounds I don't deserve the gun but it's sure nice to have the extra ammo.

Guns like the M4 or Aug I don't care about because they're almost none existent. So none existent that to me, they don't practically exist and I'm not going to spend hours looking for one. I just take whatever comes my way.

Edited by Jexter

In my opinion the AUG isn't worth the find. Not only is it not worth the find it's not one of the greatest weapons in game. Mind you of course everyone has their favorites. I for one enjoy the ak 101 and if i can find a scope to go along with it even better. That being said Im a fan of AKM and MP shotty. The AUG is worth finding and using once, Its an experience everyone should go through. 

No real reason to use it over the M4 now, unless you're having a hard time finding optics and really need a scoped AR.

As a whole it's mostly the same as the M4 performance wise, and it uses all of the 5.56 mags as well as the suppressor, so most of the (meaningful) attachments work fine. The built-in scope is only okay, though, and heavily outclassed by the ACOG optic (plus the irons on top aren't usable) so I wouldn't bother.

In the future the AUG will have swappable barrels (including an HBAR MG barrel with a built-in bipod) as well as an optional rail for regular optics so it may actually be better than the M4A1 in some regards, so don't lose all hope yet.

It's a great weapon overall, just not at its full potential and outclassed by the M4A1 and AKM for the roles it uses now.

.53 patch if you find anything worth while use it. Unless its one of the many light glow sticks or raincoats then you can just throw them for damage.

All kidding aside even the 101 has been hard to find, m4, aug, pretty much all guns but the SKS.

The few might get their wishes with lead pipe kills and searching house to house for oranges.

Hopefully we see a huge diff in .54

Just found one, never expected to find one so soon plus 1 ammo can and earlier just 1 heli spawn with fnx gun and clip.

m4 parts and no m4 anywhere.

I don't use the Aug, so ill just hang onto it for a clan mate.

I'm not even sure what "is worth finding" even means. If you find one, awesome, use it or don't. If you're trophy hunting then it's definitely worth it because that's your chosen trophy. If you had fun trying to find the Aug, then why stop?

The Aug is a really good weapon it is better to switch it with you akm but after m4 switch but you guys got to admit it looks awesome.

Edited by DaNic2553

I like the AUG because it only needs mags to be a good weapon. The 1.5x scope is more of an aimpoint red-dot rather than something like the ACOG. People complain about the scope because they are comparing it to an actual scope. Obviously, an M4 with an ACOG would be the superior choice when comparing the two, otherwise they are equivalent in my opinion. Effective range is 300m, 500m is the maximum. The "scope" makes it hard to shoot at anything more than 300m though. It's shorter and looks smaller on your back than the M4. It's a more streamline gun, not having to worry about attatchments.

M4 has the MP attachments that make it more accurate, CQB stock that makes it more maneuverable, RIS handguard that will fit the weapon flashlight and bi-pod, and a picatinny rail to allow for different sighting systems including the ACOG. It can mount the 5.56 NATO suppressor to the muzzle or a bayonet knife. It also has select-fire (Auto, Semi-Auto) and an effective range of 500m (800m with ACOG).

The Steyr AUG is a bullpup configuration 5.56 assault rifle meaning it is shorter and compact yet still has a full-length barrel and the advantages that come with it. It has a built-in non removable 1.5x scope, sighted to ensure a guaranteed hit when aiming center-mass (up to 300m), built-in rangefinder (up to 500m) and a forward grip. Effective range is 500m. Can also mount the 5.56 NATO suppressor.

All in all, it's a great gun to have before you find an M4 and an ACOG. I definitely prefer it, but that might be because I'm Australian.

Just found one, never expected to find one so soon plus 1 ammo can and earlier just 1 heli spawn with fnx gun and clip.

m4 parts and no m4 anywhere.

I don't use the Aug, so ill just hang onto it for a clan mate.

I'll swap ya an AKM and 75rnd mag for it :D

No. The M4 isn't worth finding, either. 

• Like 1

No. The M4 isn't worth finding, either. 

agreed, that Thing is certainly overhyped by kiddos....

My hierarchy of guns:

1. AKA 101 w/ PSO-1 scope - can snipe with it, can silence it, pretty accurate and powerful

2. M4 - the only useful attachment is the ACOG, others just dont work right, the 60 round clips are awesome

3. AUG - if you can silence this and put it into single fire mode, it's damn near impossible to hear (the shot is like a pistol clicking sound), great for clearing zombies out undetected, terrible for medium/long range combat

4. AKM + 75 round drum - easy to find

In a game where you generally die before you realize you're being shot at, you guys seem overly concerned how cool you look as a corpse. Can't tell you how many G.I.Joes I've killed with my 9130 in 1,500 hours.

You all look the same when you're dead.

I must get me one of those Invisible axes, Those things are awesome. Beats any m4 in game.

All I have to say wonder whom would be my first victim.

I like my mosin too

• Like 1

In a game where you generally die before you realize you're being shot at, you guys seem overly concerned how cool you look as a corpse. Can't tell you how many G.I.Joes I've killed with my 9130 in 1,500 hours.

You all look the same when you're dead.

This is very true. I'm an M4 fetishist, but in the right hands the Mosin is unbeatable - at least at range.