SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Then you have nothing to do in your real life, just play in the DayZ every day, in the morning, at night, anytime you want. I personally don't want to search for special fewer daytime servers, I want official servers. Nobody told me that when I buy this game I will have to play at a certain hour.

During the week I barely have the time to play. But where I live sunday is a rest day and I usually have some spare time on this day to play in the noon till dusk. 

I get your point that you want to play on official servers. Howbeit, for the mean time you should try out some public daytime servers. Many of 'em are pretty good.

During the week I barely have the time to play. But where I live sunday is a rest day and I usually have some spare time on this day to play in the noon till dusk. 

I get your point that you want to play on official servers. Howbeit, for the mean time you should try out some public daytime servers. Many of 'em are pretty good.

I will. But since we all want persistence and will try to play on the same server, I start to be worried about time (I am not saying that I don't like night, but not everytime). I hope someone from Dev team will hear me.

I can't make fireplace I'm holding 5 stick in hand and the fireplace kit on the ground but no option appear to make fireplace !

I can't make fireplace I'm holding 5 stick in hand and the fireplace kit on the ground but no option appear to make fireplace !

Sticks have to be in your inventory and just drag them over to the fireplace in the inventory screen and it should give you the option to make the fire. :D

• Like 1

Sticks have to be in your inventory and just drag them over to the fireplace in the inventory screen and it should give you the option to make the fire. :D

Doesn't work it just giving an option to attach, tried it on private and public.

Edited by Raptor_i81

Doesn't work it just giving an option to attach, tried it on private and public.

You've got to attach 5 sticks to the fireplace, then lit it with matches.

• Like 1

I will. But since we all want persistence and will try to play on the same server, I start to be worried about time (I am not saying that I don't like night, but not everytime). I hope someone from Dev team will hear me.

Chill out Lucian .. You always act as if these small changes are permanent , yet you know this is an alpha right ? And that everything is going to change NON STOP until the game is complete .

So you don't have to worry obviously devs know that PING is a big issue so they aren't always going to make us go to some other counties server just to get on a daylight server , they only change the servers to stay on night time just after a push to stable (or when they first come to experimental) and like someone else said that doesn't last Long as the server owners themselves reset it to a normal day cycle usually after a few days . And also like someone else said , with the new renderer we will have new lighting and the gamma slider will most likely be removed in game , making nighttime a more enjoyable time .

Long story short : do not think anything , even servers in your area being night all the time, is going to stay permanent for the rest of the game .. Because it's not , developers want a full day night cycle on all servers when persistence is fully workng anyways and my guess is that we will see a full day in 6-10 hours of gameplay(as this was mentioned a while back as a desirable amount of time for an in game full day/night)... So unless you only play for less than an hour, when the full day night cycle for all servers is in , you will be guaranteed to see at least some day on these servers that start in the middle of the night !

• Like 1

You've got to attach 5 sticks to the fireplace, then lit it with matches.

Thanks.

The kill logs should be in, but the damage log feature has been cut for now.

Since when? And why were we not informed at all?

What about PVE logs, also cut?

Since when? And why were we not informed at all?

What about PVE logs, also cut?

When .53 went live on Stable yesterday, our server had access to the logs. I can confirm it shows kills, in game chat, players connecting and disconnecting. I'm sure as more updates come, we'll see more in the logs. I'm just glad to be able to see who is killing who now. 

So far the patch has been great but as others have said, Not being able to change our Private server to daytime instead of Real Time sucks.  We all work and only being able to play at night is lame.

The biggest issue is hydrating.  It should not take 2 minutes of game time to hydrate your character with an animation you can't cancel.  This needs to be fixed.  Either let us cancel the animation, shorten the animation or make the intake of liquid per animation greater.  Thanks for the patch, the Prison is AMAZING.

• Like 1

My server (Fragnet) was also stuck on nighttime. But all we did was change the server time a little and we're back to a 3hr day / 1hr night cycle.

• Like 1

for some strange reason.. still unknown to me.. I'm no longer able to play DayZ since the last update,
when I enter the serverlist it shows NO servers... in non of the tabs.. when I try to get back to main menu the game totally crashes..
as I'm unable to close the entire application *even force kill in task manager!* I'm forced to reboot my entire pc to get it working propperly again

any word on what might cause this? since the devs delayed this update for a week for more 'testing'
one would expect (alpha build or not) after 2/3 weeks testing on exp. servers having solved most bugs and gamebreakers would be accomplished.. guess
having stable and exp. running different systems.. doesnt work since the devs clearly can't guarantee a working product even AFTER extensive testing..

the last few build were FINE... now they once again implement something 'new' breaking stuff that was already working in the first place..

I do hope they fix this problem sooner than later.. i'm not the only one having this problem.. but are prob. the first that actively respond to yet another screw up by the devs, wanting to implement 20 things at once without checking for comparability of their current code..   

I am getting an error launching the game. I get "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application."

Updated the game and I get the following message when I press "play". Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Anyone having the same problem?

Ever since i patched I am having the same problem, can't launch the game. Should I re-install the game? or is this some bug? did you guys figure it out?

Not stable at all,

Pull out an axe lose your items on the ground Poof!

Good by gas tanks, items once you pull out the axe.

Persistence isn't working. Same problem.

Pickup a 2nd gun, and poof it may or may not stay on the ground.

Now what is so much different then Experimental to stable patch that has caused this? not one person mentioned losing items in the ground on experimental that I noticed.

Just saying something is up.

• Like 1

...now they once again implement something 'new' breaking stuff that was already working in the first place...

Welcome to the software development cycle.

Try verifying the integrity of the game cache.

• Like 1

My server (Fragnet) was also stuck on nighttime. But all we did was change the server time a little and we're back to a 3hr day / 1hr night cycle.

Same here. We're with fragnet too and the time was actually correct on the screen where you change it, but the actual game start time was 16:50 (4:50 pm) after the update. We simply saved the time we wanted and now we're back to daytime. Is this just an issue with private shards?  

the time was actually correct on the screen where you change it

same for us

Earlier someone and I were driving across the field north of Dubrovka when I barely clipped a tree with the driver's side of the V3S. It flipped rapidly halfway below ground, maybe 100 times before stopping. The passenger jumped out as it was flipping, but I missed that option in the scroll wheel - it happened too fast. We both logged out and back in to see our dead bodies on the ground. We were fine and had all our gear. Good times.   :beans:

Not stable at all,

Pull out an axe lose your items on the ground Poof!

Good by gas tanks, items once you pull out the axe.

Persistence isn't working. Same problem.

Pickup a 2nd gun, and poof it may or may not stay on the ground.

Now what is so much different then Experimental to stable patch that has caused this? not one person mentioned losing items in the ground on experimental that I noticed.

Just saying something is up.

I was experiencing a lot of these problems on my public server last night, but mostly only when the player count got up in the 30's.  I'm guessing it had to do with the Vilayer servers not being able to keep up with the increased demand from all the people trying to get some time in on the new patch release.  When I was playing earlier in the day with a low pop count, I did not experience any of those issues.

The kill logs were announced as being part of the 0.53 update in the latest status report: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/219690-status-report-week-of-19-jan-15/

Which also says damage logs will be included.

And PVE logs were mentioned previously too.

I'm just wondering why these features were advertsied as coming and ready for us then cut last minute without any sort of communication.

My server was really, really looking forward to some good logs to help moderate and instead we got 1/3rd of the promised log types and even those hardly work. I love this game but it just kinda sucks y'know? 

• Like 1

Yeah well, right now you have the choice to play on a "daytime" server or normal ones. 

I still think that the idea to sync in-game time with real time is a good idea, but I can't stress enough the need of dynamic shadows for that matter. Fortunately, this feature is planned with the coming renderer (bohemia said that it will be implemented in Q1 2015). And when this time will finally have come, playing dayz in night time will be really really fun/spooky and give a complete new type of game experience. 

I can see the option should be there for servers who want to have it, but not to force it for everyone.

I don't get chance to get online until 8pm in the week, and I don't want to be forced to play in the dark for the few hours I'm on. Public servers should have the option to set it, too. I do play on some night servers when I'm in the mood for it, but I don't want to be forced in to this just because of my schedule.