SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.52 Discussion

Sorry but you talking bs and if you had 900+ hours in game that must be purpose ^^  I guess you are 1 of those 4.62%  who voted charater wipe is not proplem EVEN DEVELOPERS addmit it is

ACNOWLEDGED :)  I hav 1500+ hours in this game and you can belive I know when I am change  1p to 3p or public to privat. I think those 95.68% players who think this is proplem 

knew that too when they vote. I know some peoples like to say black is white but in you case I dont understund reason.... probably just trolling.  :)

Seriously, with 5 posts under your belt, I dunno who's trolling.

Enjoy your wipes till this bug of yours, and 95.68% of players who can't play because their characters always gets wiped, is fixed.

Blame the internets for anything online with hives not correctly connecting to clients/servers.

Edit: Not sure if it's worth it, but... 

1- There's confirmed reports that logging back into a server that just restarted was prone to wipe your character. (Waiting for 60 to 120 seconds prior to entering the server again might be a good idea.)

2- This bug, is not really in the same category as many others, as we know bugs have to be within the game, and shared by most if not all users with a reproducibility to be able to pinpoint the bug and fix it. Like others, I've somehow avoided this bug for the entire time I've played DayZ, since I got it on December 18th 2013. Since I don't have this bug, there's a possibility it's more of a client side problem than a server side one. Might even be hardware related. (Though I highly doubt it.)

3- It will be pretty difficult to pinpoint the actual reason why it's happening to some, and not others, but eventually with might see an increased stability for everyone.

Edited by Odin Lowe

Not going to condone blasting someone,

but its true logging into servers too quickly can wipe your character.

1. Stop, exit game immediately and try not to move around too long for a 1 minute save.

2. We all have special perks in this game how to survive. The bugs are the hardest to survive from, but we do our very best to stay alive.

Just last night I had to be reset, due to getting between the bed and table and chairs, totally sucked I spent loads of good time on my private mosin dude..

its ok built back up today had just as much fun doing so, so I can go snipe your asses more.... :}

• Like 2

Lost characters is a problem, we know that.

No need to fight & bicker about it, post count means less than nothing btw.

Stop it.

• Like 1

does anybody know if .53 is expected tomorrow?

does anybody know if .53 is expected tomorrow?

Expected?

Yes

Confirmed?

No

• Like 1

Lost characters is a problem, we know that.

No need to fight & bicker about it, post count means less than nothing btw.

Stop it.

Quite frankly, my biggest problem with the game is that I don't have a unicorn to ride on that poops burgers.  Is that REALLY too much to ask for?

Quite frankly, my biggest problem with the game is that I don't have a unicorn to ride on that poops burgers.  Is that REALLY too much to ask for?

Unicorn? Hell, they're much easier to find than crossbow bolts!

• Like 1

Is today the day we see 0.53 released to stable? I noticed our server was down this morning so i'm hoping it was more than just weekly maintenance!

Apologies if its already known that .53 is not releasing today.  

Is today the day we see 0.53 released to stable? I noticed our server was down this morning so i'm hoping it was more than just weekly maintenance!

Apologies if its already known that .53 is not releasing today.  

The only idea we have of the situation is that supposedly some people were told their servers would be updated today by the server providers. Other than that, we've received zero official word on the matter. Apparently when Eugen steps out of the office all contact with the general public stops  :P

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Has anyone reported the glitch where if you drop something then put it back in your hands the time or weapon or equipment is on you or in your inventory but appears on the ground to you or others? Also if they grab it even if your way across town it disappears off your body to theirs. I have tested this with weapons,assault vest, and even while eating a can of food, All yielded the same results. Also it seems really hard to make a splint at time like it acts like its doing it but one is not yielded from the process or you have to repeat it over and over and over to make one if your lucky before your killed.

Any chance of "any" official word regarding what's going on today and with 0.53 stable??? We are starting to feel like mushrooms here......

there is so much unforeseen complications with .53 that i doubt it i usually play exp builds that's where most of my hours are, but yet i find it very un appeasing compared to other builds.Yeah there has been worse patches on exp that ran like crap but this one takes the cake with being unappealing due to several factors.

Lately I have been stuck with playing stable which sucks.... I prefer testing Exp builds ,but this one is not so great no offense developers i love your guys work and believe you guys are doing a fantastic job. I understand from time to time complications can erupt from no where when you rewrite or write a peice of coding in a chain it could break it some where else.

I hope when i got outta class at 10 tonight that one is released though. I highly doubt it will though

Edited by Scarcifer

Has anyone reported the glitch where if you drop something then put it back in your hands the time or weapon or equipment is on you or in your inventory but appears on the ground to you or others? Also if they grab it even if your way across town it disappears off your body to theirs. I have tested this with weapons,assault vest, and even while eating a can of food, All yielded the same results. Also it seems really hard to make a splint at time like it acts like its doing it but one is not yielded from the process or you have to repeat it over and over and over to make one if your lucky before your killed.

I don't believe this has been reported on the feedback tracker. I would help report it for you but the dev's are trying to figure out why my login is still broke :( 

The message quoted by Tatanko mentions a 'public hive reset'. Does this mean a wipe like in .49 orwhenwasit? That's genocide in my book, considering the stuff I have on me in HC right now.

Sooo somebody somewhere screwed up and posted that in advance or something. My post in the Experimental thread about it was deleted. This whole status update is beginning to feel like a conspiracy  :huh: I really don't understand why such a big effort is being made to sweep this under the rug both here and on Reddit.

Dat status update deletion xD

Conspiracy confirmed xD

I miss eugen so much although he didnt really say much on exp either these days

DayZtv twitter says it was "Postponed" and "Shit happens."

I assume the testing didn't go so well. Either way I assume we might see it next week? Maybe even this weekend? I dunno if the devs work on weekends.

Edited by Toybasher

The message quoted by Tatanko mentions a 'public hive reset'. Does this mean a wipe like in .49 orwhenwasit? That's genocide in my book, considering the stuff I have on me in HC right now.

Hi!

Never get attached to your gear.

The hive is going to be wiped MANY times more again before this game is complete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More on topic:

Playing a lot less of these last couple patches in general.

Following forums in hopes that the renderer and zombie changes start to hit soonish.

I will likely jump back in with both feet when that happens.

Much Chernarussian. Very patience.

• Like 1

More on topic:

Playing a lot less of these last couple patches in general.

Following forums in hopes that the renderer and zombie changes start to hit soonish.

I will likely jump back in with both feet when that happens.

Much Chernarussian. Very patience.

kind of the same with me over here ... waiting for the announced animal and zombie ai changes and the central economy actually working in a good way ! and persistence ! 

guess i will be kind of addicted to the game with these things happening

Status report is reposted. Everyone should give it a read before they ask any more questions about 0.53 :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/219690-status-report-week-of-19-jan-15/

As Tatanko mentioned, check out this thread above and more specifically watch the interview with Brian Hicks. Its great to listen to players and producer talk about the game. Brian mentions things about animal and zombie ai as well as their goals for persistence. They're trying to get persistence on track by the end of Q1 (End of first quarter of the year). 

Ready for .53 and hope we get it sooner than later! 

• Like 1

I don't believe this has been reported on the feedback tracker. I would help report it for you but the dev's are trying to figure out why my login is still broke :(

Yeah, i don't know how to use the feed back tracker. Or where to go to find it. or else i would've already  reported it.

• Like 1