boneboys

Stable - 0.51 Discussion

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's been in the game a while now. 

Since Arma 2, since... well, forever basically. We go over this every once in a while with people new to the game.

• Like 2

Stupid fucking game! LOT OF BUGS! Every update became with more bugs! I'm Dissаpointed!

Since Arma 2, since... well, forever basically. We go over this every once in a while with people new to the game.

Apologies

I've pumped just over 400 hours into DayZ and only just saw this last night as I decided to take on the role of random city sniper. B)

• Like 1

Stupid fucking game! LOT OF BUGS! Every update became with more bugs! I'm Dissаpointed!

Good. We can eat the bugs if have trouble to find real food:)

So, what is up with the netting?

I was down in Kamenka when the server restarted. I know it restarted because my truck also got reset. Since i had to start walking anyway, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to search for netting. I was the only one on the server, and i had the whole cost line in front of me.

Long story short i finally reach Berezkhi, but i did not find any at all. I even swim out to skalisty island, so i did search every boat that supposedly spawn netting. The server had just restarted when i started to search. I was the only one on the server and i search every boat. So apparently the server did not spawn any netting on the restart. Many of the boats had loot like rain coats, boots and ropes, so they did spawn items.

After this trip i started to serverjump in Berezkhi, and i did that in over one hour. But i did not find a single netting.

Something has to be wrong with the netting spawn table, right? I think it should be hard to make an ghillie, but this is not the way to do it. Its next to impossible to make one in current state, and its totally impossible to make one without serverjumping for a long time. So i hope this is not how its supposed to be, and that this will be more balanced in upcoming updates.

(PS. Before someone replay with "alpha bla bla bla" i just want to say this is only a observation on current situation regarding netting and not an complaint or whining:)

Well we found the AUG at a Heli crash site twice in a couple of day, up near the NWAF, and I have to say it looks amazing and although I found the kick shocking it is a great addition to a growing game. More of the same pleas!

• Like 2

Something has to be wrong with the netting spawn table, right? I think it should be hard to make an ghillie, but this is not the way to do it. Its next to impossible to make one in current state, and its totally impossible to make one without serverjumping for a long time. So i hope this is not how its supposed to be, and that this will be more balanced in upcoming updates.

They should be easy as hell to make, it is after all a sandbox, netting and burlap aren't rare, anywhere in the world. In dayz it's balanced out by the whole backpack incompatible thing, so if a player decides to give up most of his carrying capacity for camoflage, let him.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty that heli crashes are spawning? Are there fewer of them? I've canvassed the map along the normal route (from Green Mtn to the NWAF via Zelenogorsk and the Vybor base) in a few different servers and I can't find a single one.. tearing my hair out trying to find a bloody ammo box!

Can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty that heli crashes are spawning? Are there fewer of them? I've canvassed the map along the normal route (from Green Mtn to the NWAF via Zelenogorsk and the Vybor base) in a few different servers and I can't find a single one.. tearing my hair out trying to find a bloody ammo box!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe heli's are invisible on persistent servers but the loot still spawns.

Servers with persistence off have visible heli's with loot.

• Like 3

If I'm not mistaken, I believe heli's are invisible on persistent servers but the loot still spawns.

Servers with persistence off have visible heli's with loot.

Holy crap.. that's BS.. 

So if I want heli loot I have to traipse across the middle of a field with my inventory screen up??

Can anyone else back this up?

^Or find persistence off servers for your heli hunting needs.

Edit:

Caboose187

That pic I posted made me realize that DayZ had not saved my new video settings....

Still going to rock the wide FoV I think though. Mayve I'm just used to it by now.

What would the ideal FoV for a 1080p screen be to purely preserve aspect ratio, anybody?

Edited by BioHaze

Holy crap.. that's BS..

So if I want heli loot I have to traipse across the middle of a field with my inventory screen up??

Can anyone else back this up?

BioHaze is correct Mang , and if I were ChainReactor or Tatanko , id have the link to the twitter post that verifies it ... One of you two care to step in ? Lol but if they don't just check the dev tracker it's there a couple dayz back ...

Edit : lol Tatanko you're too ninja quick .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

BioHaze is correct Mang , and if I were ChainReactor or Tatanko , id have the link to the twitter post that verifies it ... One of you two care to step in ? Lol but if they don't just check the dev tracker it's there a couple dayz back ...

Well, people are saying they have seen heli's on persistent enabled servers so either Eugen is a liar, which I do not believe him to be, or people really enjoy making shit up and are straight up liars themselves.

• Like 1

Well, people are saying they have seen heli's on persistent enabled servers so either Eugen is a liar, which I do not believe him to be, or people really enjoy making shit up and are straight up liars themselves.

Well in my opinion , the people claiming to have found heli crashes on persistent servers are made up of : 25% liars , 25% trolls who never even searched for a heli and just lied , and 50% of people who are overconfident that they are on a persistence ON server ...

Even I have visited servers claiming to be persistent and then I find out that it's not when my backpacks disappear after restart , so long story short the chances of eugen being wrong is like 3 % , where as the chances that all these other trolls/liars/over confidents are wrong is about 97% , so ya I'll go with eugen right now because even if he is wrong about this it wouldn't make him a liar , just another human who made a mistake by speaking too soon .. Fear not incredibly over obsessed helicopter hunters you will find them you just have to do a little work yourselves as opposed to believing people on the forums!!! I found three non smoking helicopters on a persistence off server so I'm sure the smoking ones are there on persistence off servers as well !

• Like 4

Hi, I noticed my game crashes in some places (I've been not able to discover what those places have in common) since 0.51. It freezes for like 3-5 seconds and then pops up a message saying "DayZ.exe has stopped working". Is this a known problem or it's something about my PC? 

Sorry but I don't have time right now to read 16 pages. Thanks.

Hi, I noticed my game crashes in some places (I've been not able to discover what those places have in common) since 0.51. It freezes for like 3-5 seconds and then pops up a message saying "DayZ.exe has stopped working". Is this a known problem or it's something about my PC? 

Sorry but I don't have time right now to read 16 pages. Thanks.

Well without telling anyone your computer specs no one can help you.  

;)

50% of people who are overconfident that they are on a persistence ON server ...

I do believe that this is the case for most examples. It's an unfortunate side effect of not being able to adequately police server names. People see "Persistence" in the name of the server and take the owner's word that it's true. I don't think the server admins are doing it on purpose, they probably just turn it off and on without giving thought to updating the name to reflect that fact.

Well without telling anyone your computer specs no one can help you.  

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 

Processor Intel Core 15-4440 CPU 3.10GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

It only started to happening since 0.51 that's why I didn't put specs. I just wanted to know if this was a known problem of 0.51 but I'm guessing not.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 

Processor Intel Core 15-4440 CPU 3.10GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

It only started to happening since 0.51 that's why I didn't put specs. I just wanted to know if this was a known problem of 0.51 but I'm guessing not.

Same here, but my game only crashes after leaving a server. Doesn't matter if server crashes, restarts or I just leave. It happened to me 10 times in a row yesterday.

If you have crashing issues, look at the troubleshooting subforum. It's something to specific to do in a general discussion thread such as this. Yes, 0.51 is crashy for some people, but the reasons for it differ a lot.

• Like 1

If you have crashing issues, look at the troubleshooting subforum. It's something to specific to do in a general discussion thread such as this. Yes, 0.51 is crashy for some people, but the reasons for it differ a lot.

Thanks for the advice, I will do that.