SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Can't play, constant crashes. The longest I was able to stay in game for was about 3 minutes. All the other times as soon as my character was loaded in, game froze and then CTD 10 seconds later.

And it's choppy as fuck.

Not complaining, just reporting info.

Edited by ricp

At first it started of good.

Game ran smooth and no problems killing zombies.

After 10 minutes of play I ran into a log cabin the game started to get very laggy.

Also the walls didn't render properly.

Ran out to another building, still lagging, and the same thing. No walls.

I could just run through the red doors into the firestation.

Back to stable.

I logged on first time, and within a minute found another survivor. We ran to Krasno as someone previously mentioned the truck spawning there and we were lucky enough to find one. We got in and drove up the hill and stopped to loot the police station. As soon as I hit eject to get out I was dead. I have no idea what happened. No gunfire or noises so must have been glitch.

And now I have lost my friend. I think his name was popile, and I think I was on UK 06 but can't get back on.

Anyway, first impressions of truck were cool. Can't wait to try again! :D

2014_11_25_00011.jpg

Edited by Rossco
  • Like 2

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/539633534820600196/93962D91E52D894FE84689DE463A60C4E874DA81/

Found 3 Trucks so far, Devs need to spawn them with more fuel till refuelling/repairing is in, they run out after about 3km also found that the doors will randomly kill people standing around the truck when opening.....

Edited by Zanith

Anyone else having the issue where servers say 0 people online but when you connect theres like, 40 people on?

• Like 3

I keep getting "connecting failed" after I played smoothly for 10 minutes. I also have this weird graphic bug, but only on 1st person :-(

How do I drive a truck, I sat in one for about 30 seconds and all I could do was open and close the door - is that because I had my keys reassigned?

Anyone else having the issue where servers say 0 people online but when you connect theres like, 40 people on?

Yes

Found my first truck, happy to drive it for a few minutes and then suddenly everything ends when my track falls under the map and i got killed after trying to eject

Have you notice a new swing animation for splitting axe ? It's now different than fire axe one

Played a couple of the UK experimental 1PP servers, both reported 0 players but after a couple of attempts I was able to join to find a full server. 

Playable, but very choppy. Didn't find a truck but that was because the zombies were invisible and delivering hits. I presume that's just a desynch issue but I couldn't hit them so every attempt ultimately ended with me bleeding out.

Oh, well, getting there...

Sounds like I might want to wait until next week to check out the truck...

• Like 1

And crashing within the first 2 minutes of actually managing to find a freakin server?

I just CTD'd as well, performance ranges from somewhat okay to terrible, but as soon as you hit a semi-large town, man... it's getting pretty bad. I think I'll give it another try tomorrow, just to see if the Devs can work it out until then.

Performance has been fine for me. Behaves perfect apart from that one death when exiting the truck.

• Like 1

So i hopped on tonight for a bit. Servers seem realy stable and the hotbar works perfectly. Found a vehicle, works fine for a first implentation. However the zombies are a problem. I cant bloody see em so i cant hit the buggers. Had maybe about 7 on me around solnichny judging by the sounds coming from behind me.

• Like 1

Besides the usual CTD, which I expect in an unstable experimental game, nothing bad to report.  No invisible zombies, no bad performance.  Game played as I would expect it to on this version.

So i hopped on tonight for a bit. Servers seem realy stable and the hotbar works perfectly. Found a vehicle, works fine for a first implentation. However the zombies are a problem. I cant bloody see em so i cant hit the buggers. Had maybe about 7 on me around solnichny judging by the sounds coming from behind me.

Yeah, same for me, the zombies that is not the truck, and the best I could do is run building from building shutting the door behind me and waiting to see if I get hit to determine whether one had sneaked in before the door closed.

I cant see any of the exp server, but I see all normal servers, anyone else have this issue? 

I cant see any of the exp server, but I see all normal servers, anyone else have this issue? 

Click on filter and type experimental in the host box.

OFC, if I ask help, its cause I've already use all the classic solution for this kind or problem. 

But ty for trying. 

I'm just asking, at least, servers still reboot every 10 minutes or its really stable and you can play more than 2h without a "no message receive"? 

How do I start up the V3S? No matter what I do, the one I just found just sits there. Do they need fuel already, or am I missing something?

How do I start up the V3S? No matter what I do, the one I just found just sits there. Do they need fuel already, or am I missing something?

You probably found one out of fuel that someone had abandoned. Ordinarily you just get in one and go.

Edited by Maia

Did you find it on a dirt road hill south of Novo?

I found one there, and another guy was just running away from it, I tried my luck, but no fluff :-/ Have we all been in the same area at the same time? That'd be funny!

People didn't read the warning before they bought the game, don't read the warning when the game loads up and you expect them to notice that?   :lol:

I was trying to emphasize that people should enable -dologs to help narrow down the problem for the devs.