SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

Don't go getting people all riled up. Hidden game files =/= released.

http://imgur.com/5SNclEn

There you go, proof of their existance.

Edited by Yazar8

Heh, assuming the actual parts have been implemented ;)  

There are missing tires, so I think they are. But maybe they are not, can't really know.

There are missing tires, so I think they are. But maybe they are not, can't really know.

2014-10-16_00001_zps6cd889dd.jpgIf this is the same vehicle then it's been in the game for week's.

• Like 1

If this is the same vehicle then it's been in the game for week's.

This exactly. The broken-down vehicles are not the same as ones able to be interacted with by the player, at least to my understanding.

• Like 3

5ii6vyp8.jpg

Craftable Ghillie:

burlapsack (1) + netting (1) = Ghillie Hood Tan

dai694wp.jpg

ho7i8b7y.jpg

thv8q943.jpg

usdzqqgg.jpg

burlap sack (1) + netting (3) = Ghillie Top Tan

bv7mfvwp.jpg

ty6lat7q.jpg

burlap sack (1) + netting (2) = Bushrag

l8jpmpg9.jpg

ngxn4ev2.jpg

Top and bushrag replacing the backpack. I found no vest, but I think you can wear one with the ghillie - not confirmed.

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 5

Wow I've not been paying attention to dayz whilst watching jackie chan movies for the past few days ... I gotta get on and download experimental again :)

Hot Damn! Man, if I had the time right now... feels like I haven't played in weeks. It's been about 8 dayz and I start to miss it, especially with that ghillie suit - self made, this is just too awesome.

• Like 1

8h27: I'm downloading the patch

8h47: patch sucks!

A whole.... 10 minutes playing? Cmon, lets be constructive  :rolleyes:

LOL...some people

Anyway...seems more stable and fluid compared to previous 0.51 iteration. It's me or running speed seems slightly slower compared to 0.50? Also, I can't find nets anywhere...I want to experiment with them, damn you DayZ!

Not finding food yet again! Dying of starvation no matter which way i run to find some. Finding nets, trainers and jeans but unfortunately i can't eat them.

• Like 2

Pleased to find I can now stack my worms in groups of 10.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm not sure why on hell no-one posted this. DayZ community, get your priorities straight

There are swords in the game files: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2msu09/unofficial_51_1119_changelog/

SWORDS.

IN.

THE.

GAME.

FILES.

I roll a barbarian warrior. Who's the halfling thief?

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 1

This morning on 1st/3rd frames came to a stop more than a few times. Also there was no food. Died of starvation 2 times, no apples on the trees and nothing but blue berries. What is the point to play if there is very little chance if any of a new spawn surviving?

Whats the point to play if survival is trivial?

There are multiple food sources in game. Did you try:

• hunting
  • fishing
  • planting tomatoes
  • searching for Charcoal Tabs and surviving from blue berries
  • walking to a less populated area (smaller non-coastal villages)
  • walking to one of the known "loot pileup" places

?

If you only looted houses in coastal cities and did not find enough food its your own fault. Otherwise there might be a bug with servers not generating items.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

• hunting
  • fishing
  • planting tomatoes

?

If you only looted houses in coastal cities and did not find enough food its your own fault. Otherwise there might be a bug with servers not generating items.

I agree.

Eventually you can kill some people and eat their bodies :P

Not finding food yet again! Dying of starvation no matter which way i run to find some. Finding nets, trainers and jeans but unfortunately i can't eat them.

Thank god.

Food should be extremely rare.

Go hunt or fish or forage for food...you know its survival.

• hunting
  • fishing
  • planting tomatoes
?

Of all the options you listed the only one really viable for a freshspawn is relocating inland and start looting from there, moving further inland and away from high-traffic places like military bases and medium/big cities.

Loot pileups are not static, but vary from server to server and from time to time: so, unless you play on a "mapped" server at the right time you cannot rely on internet info about those "christmas buildings". Tomatoes, apples, blue and red berries cannot give enough calories to survive if the character is even remotely active. Hunting and fishing are very efficient options, but you need several items in order to be able to kill something, fillet it and cook its meat (and I'm talking about both four and two legged animals here). Not a viable option for a freshspawn that finds the coast almost empty.

Better starting a loot run inland, scavenge canned food, equip the character with civilian stuff and then start hunting or fishing (depending on location). From there, once you hit bright green energized/hydrated/healthy, you can decide what to do: explore more towns inland, return to the coast, start hunting military loot or else.

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 1

^ actually , all the fresh spawns having trouble should know this : after this latest experimental patch , the berries (red colored) will bring up out of starving status now ! I was starving and had no other choice so I sat at a red berry bush and pressed action twenty times, only yielding about 5 berries but after eating all the berries I went from "I am dying of starvation" to "neutral" hunger status ... So for those of you avoiding berries or telling freshies to avoid them , don't ! Because the berries nutrition must have been buffed as you can actually survive on them now !

Five berries give you more calories than five cans of bacon? That sounds...odd. Very, very odd.

Looking forward to test this thing.

Well berries ,although small, are very nutritional ... Although not much fat in them you should be able to survive on them for at least a few days while your fat reserves are being eaten (blackberries contain about 2% of your daily value of fat , protein and carbs per 100 grams, so that's not too bad)...

So in my opinion tac bacon needs to make you more thirsty (as it's salty as shit and pretty much the "go to food" besides canned peaches) and berries should have been more of a survival option from the beginning by making it so you find 5-10 berries each time you search a berry bush to make it more believable that you can survive on them , but now that they are more nutritional it counts for something but I would like to see it like it is in reality : having to pick like 1,000 grams of berries just to survive off of just those berries for a couple game days(that way we could keep the berries nutrition as it is in .51 experimental which seems to be that they are just as good as half a can of bacon if you eat at least five of them) .

Eventually your body would need more energy and fat but that berry picking operation you have going could save you long enough to see an animal to kill or something ..

So long story short I think berry picking is becoming much more useful , and I would totally welcome some black berry bushes and maybe some non-poisonous blueberries ? If you had all three edible berries you could mix it up in a mortar and pestle and create a homemade "antibiotic" (It wouldn't work as well as a real antibiotic but you'd be so full of vitamins that your body would generate blood cells faster and hopefully recover faster) . I'm getting off topic here but while were at it we should be able to collect pine cones and needles and boil them into a pine tea (which apparently is a great source of vitamins and could easily cure a sickness in conjunction with the homemade berry antibiotic !)

I can't wait til we can have our own "witch doctor" set up , mortar and pestle with all sorts of forage able herbs and fruits that we can mix to make helpful (or deadly) potions/toxins :) .

• Like 1