SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

I noticed the exact opposite: less infected NPCs around (they're not zombies AFAIK). I was able to scout Kamyshovo, Tulga, the Rog and Msta without seeing any of our drooling friends.

This was my experience as well. The most I saw was 3 total in Staroye. Saw very few besides that.

Is it just me, or there are more zombies on the cities/villagies now?

I spawned like, 4 times on a coast, tried to stealth through a city to find shelter from the rain, and every time i found 3, 4 zombies like "guarding" some of the houses,

Posible! I spawned in Svetlo on DE-02 and there was zombie every 50 meters. I never saw that much zombies since they introduced zombie respawn. But they were all standing untill I got realy close to them or hit them.

Those Z´s have moved inland.

I played a couple of chars in North Europa servers on Exp and 1pp. It has been exiting to meet Z´s in places never seen before, I.E. dirtroad crossing a forest. 

First I assumed that there are more ppl who enjoy herding them, I´ve done this for a time now and think that is amusing. 

But now I have seen so many, 8-12 in the smallest of villages so I think that their spawns has been changed.

BUT, I turned to this forum in frustation.

AGAIN I lost gear collected with sweat and tears, due to server crasch. Fiddling with my equipment and by mistake moving my protection case onto the ground for one second, BAM "session lost". grmble...

The devs must understand that this is propably the most frustrating event to get ones gear lost.... pls pls focus on making the system more stable. Server shutdown HAVE to be pre announced, and crashes have to be more seldom.

I am sory that I took my steam out in the thread.

Otherwise the loot amount (scarse) and the increase in Z´s in random places+smaller towns made my game experience more intence. 

The devs must understand that this is propably the most frustrating event to get ones gear lost.... pls pls focus on making the system more stable. Server shutdown HAVE to be pre announced, and crashes have to be more seldom.

Even if there is a stable solution for this in place - don't expect this to happen on the Experimental build. Those servers will always shut down unannounced, may that be because they're crashing or because of a regular restart.

Ok.  I get a server rest and I'm up in Polana.  As the servers do they add zeds, And I can see that they have increased the numbers coming in (not a bad thing for the game) as I took on at lest 15 of them on in total in the village before they wiped me out (That's the most zeds I have come across in one place since I started playing the game 8 months ago).  But, can't the deves sort out their AI first before increasing the numbers.  As usual they are coming out of now where to take me on.  I was using a hoe to start off with so no noise yet it seamed that for every one I took out another was on their way in. And yes I know it is exp and they are trying things out, but I don't think they should be upping the zeds at the moment until AI is better,  

Well that's exp done for me. Its not much fun as a fresh spawn with loads of zeds around. Can't do any searching as always being chased by loads of zeds, cant find any weapons to take on the zeds, no loot any way, lots of bleeding from just about every hit from a zed, no rags to stop bleeds and what ever kit you do have is ruined quickly.  And yes I went in land eventual got a weapon, in the next small village came across 10 zeds. I took them out, but I had no rags left and I was unable to found any bandages or items to turn into rags so bleed out.  Better balancing is required.

Edited by fing24

Pretty sure there is a hacker on the server i was on... just running through the country side and heard the sound of a melee hitting a zombie/human and i was insta killed, all while sprinting at full speed

It can just as well have been a non-cheating sniper. Very often with the current buggy sound you don't hear the shot, only the impact.

This. I respawned near Kamyshovo and every single building was empty...except for all the houses on the dirt road near the police station: that road goes to Tulga, a boring little town no-one ever visit. I counted on that, and in fact the houses, pub and the barn on the road had some canned food and a couple of long sleeved shirts. Tulga itself had some interesting loot. Nothing exceptional, but better than nothing.

Things experimental teached me:

1) useful loot seem to spawn less frequently than stable

2) players are lazy and loot sistematically the same places

3) players are very habitudinary and go sistematically in the same places following the same roads

4) players don't scout/search building or areas unless internet assures them there's loot in there

Considering this...avoid like hell popular places, and the chances of finding something useful increase. There's never a 100% guarantee of finding good stuff in usually  neglected places, but it's better than joining the lemming horde and scavenging Berezino or Elektro hoping for the best.

I've also learned something. TRUST NO ONE ON EXPERIMENTAL. I don't care how friendly they sound, they want your loot 100% of the time.

I just got blasted by a guy I figured was friendly and I didn't think to shoot first when I passed by him. Came up behind me after I finally grafted my ghillie and was running down the road, saw his shotgun out, I turned around finally deciding he had hostile intentions and I died instantly even though I circled around his back. Experimental servers are horrible for gunfights. This was the 2nd time I lost a fight to a high pinger. If the guy that saw me way up north is reading this, you are an absolute asshole considering I spared you the first time we passed.

All the other encounters were me trying to help people out but they all tried to end up killing me afterwards. I'm done trying to be friendly I can't just trust strangers anymore. Gonna blast whoever I run into now.

Edited by DarkBullet

I just got blasted by a guy I figured was friendly and I didn't think to shoot first when I passed by him. Came up behind me after I finally grafted my ghillie and was running down the road, saw his shotgun out, I turned around finally deciding he had hostile intentions and I died instantly even though I circled around his back. Experimental servers are horrible for gunfights. This was the 2nd time I lost a fight to a high pinger. If the guy that saw me way up north is reading this, you are an absolute asshole considering I spared you the first time we passed.

All the other encounters were me trying to help people out but they all tried to end up killing me afterwards. I'm done trying to be friendly I can't just trust strangers anymore. Gonna blast whoever I run into now.

That is sad to hear but don't lose hope dark bullet ... I met a couple of friendlies on experimental last night (and stable as well) but I also met two assholes that wanted my food and gear .. They were sneaky about it but long story short I kept my eye on them and caught them stealing out of my stash house , I blew the first away as he had a mouth on him , and the second told me they we're going to kill me after they had what they needed (thinking he'd survive if he came clean lol)... He died shortly after due to mysterious poisoning :) if anyone finds two bodies in my "love shack" somewhere near staroye on a US east server, don't worry they deserved it :) !

Edit : just remembered that there was a third asshole , I met him before the deadly duo and I had just geared up in staroye , was about to leave but then saw this guy on the road with just a backpack and no melee , he asks from ten feet away : "do you know where any food is ?" Having just looted staroye I knew where some rice and food was in the town .. I was about to tell him where the food was after telling him to back off a couple of times , but as I say back off for the third time he lunges and tries to punch me , I quickly back step take out my repeater and shoot him once in the gut running around waiting for him to bleed out ... He's laggy as hell so I waste like 8 shots into the air , finally a second shot lands into his skull ending his life .. To show I was friendly to his dumb ass ghost, I left my only bag of rice on his corpse (lol)..

Too long don't read : don't give up hope , friendlies are far and few between but they are out there , and as long as you don't assume someone is friendly and always watch them you will always make it out alive !

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Even if there is a stable solution for this in place - don't expect this to happen on the Experimental build. Those servers will always shut down unannounced, may that be because they're crashing or because of a regular restart.

So, why not? What's the problem with just announcing "Server will restart in 5 minutes", even on experimental build? How is it even possible, that this super simplistic but important addition is not in place yet? If someone mentiones priorities: Seriously, it can't take more that 10 minutes to implement such a thing, really.

So, why not? What's the problem with just announcing "Server will restart in 5 minutes", even on experimental build? How is it even possible, that this super simplistic but important addition is not in place yet? If someone mentiones priorities: Seriously, it can't take more that 10 minutes to implement such a thing, really.

Such is the nature of Experimental / Unstable.

It is not the place for strong user experiences. You will have to understand that.

I've also learned something. TRUST NO ONE ON EXPERIMENTAL. I don't care how friendly they sound, they want your loot 100% of the time.

That's true - and sad, too. Experimental used to be a pretty "easy" experience on the character relations: several character wipes forced everyone to avoid being too attached to weapons and gear. I don't know what happened lately, it's from 0.49 that things go downhill: a lot of mindless aggressive behaviour. Some days ago I decided to simply stay still and stare at a newspawn like me that was punching me to death. For what? He spawned a dozen of meters from me, at the same moment...maybe he was after my rags, or my  battery.

Pretty disconcerting.

It can just as well have been a non-cheating sniper. Very often with the current buggy sound you don't hear the shot, only the impact.

well i logged in north of vybor and walked out off the house i logged of in ran for about less than a minute and got killed.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Tried to find Tisy military base and it didnt work out so well, im dying of dehydration at the moment.

That particular base has not yet been added. Do you mean the facility near Kamensk?

To clarify, the Tisy base is the one waaaaay up in the northwest corner that is currently just empty areas... the Kamensk base was the one added in 0.50 above Severograd.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Military_Base_(Tisy)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Military_Base_(Kamensk)

Yeah, unfortunately. I was reminded that it's the same in 0.50 Stable right now as well when I was shot at by some jerks over the weekend. No sounds, only my screen flashing quickly :(

Edited by Tatanko

So bugs I've encountered so far

- hit box getting detached. I've seen it left on the floor below me, a couple of yards aside, etc. 

- screen randomly flashing to the 'splash' screen (picture of forest, etc) and then seeing the 'Receiving' message on top left

- loot not respawning (not clear), but I've seen zombie filled areas where there was almost nothing in various sheds, rooms, etc. 

- extra but transient memory usage that triggers the 'close program to prevent data loss' message from Windows (7. 64bit). When I go to check, it's only 70% etc.. And I have eight gb. 

This. I respawned near Kamyshovo and every single building was empty...except for all the houses on the dirt road near the police station: that road goes to Tulga, a boring little town no-one ever visit. I counted on that, and in fact the houses, pub and the barn on the road had some canned food and a couple of long sleeved shirts. Tulga itself had some interesting loot. Nothing exceptional, but better than nothing.

Things experimental teached me:

1) useful loot seem to spawn less frequently than stable

2) players are lazy and loot sistematically the same places

3) players are very habitudinary and go sistematically in the same places following the same roads

4) players don't scout/search building or areas unless internet assures them there's loot in there

Considering this...avoid like hell popular places, and the chances of finding something useful increase. There's never a 100% guarantee of finding good stuff in usually  neglected places, but it's better than joining the lemming horde and scavenging Berezino or Elektro hoping for the best.

5) As highlighted by the scarceness of food spawns, Knives are far too rare

This shit legitimately made me laugh.. like for a while:

I played on exp. for a bit.. then was going to switch back and I thought, "why not go give me gear away?" 

So I did just that. Logged into Elektro, and ran into the Church. Dropped all my gear in a nice pile, found a bible and laid that next to it (people need Jesus in exp. - I also dropped my cooked human meat elsewhere, because of aforementioned).. then went out searching for a chemlight or flare to attract people to it.

While I took about 2 minutes running around the few buildings there looking for a light, I heard players running around also. I called out on sidechat, and heard no response.. but was concerned more about my flare I needed as a homing beacon so my gear would not go missed. I finally found one, ran back into the church with still no visual contact.. Im pretty observant too, and did not see a soul.. just heard them off in the distance, from time to time. So here is the funny part..

I light the chemlight.. immediately walk towards the door, seconds have passed since lighting it. Someone walks in and one shots in the head with his sledgehammer killing me instantly.

I was logging out for good anyhow.. but it genuinely made me laugh my ass off for a minute. It was so fast.. even the guy who killed me got over the mic laughing, said "sorry.. he thought I was someone else." 

I love this game! :P

• Like 3

people need Jesus in exp.

I almost fell out of my chair at work reading this  :P

• Like 1

Experimental update incoming. Suprise. Suprise.

What is your biggest hope? :)

• Like 3

Dammit I put homework off till today and it turns out there's a surprise update. I better get to work!

Experimental update incoming. Suprise. Suprise.

What is your biggest hope? :)

Limping/injured animations and diseases? :P I'd love that

• Like 1

• Like 3