SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.51 Discussion

always thought of it as a bar kinda place. There is no real 'Hunting Camp/Cabin' like i would imagine.

I see where you might think of it as a bar....

A "commercial hunting cabin/hotel" type place could look a lot like one of these buildings, sometimes complete with professional kitchen and bar.

People pay good money to have all the creature comforts, including chefs/servers in some of those places and just like in the game, these types of places would be less common.

It's just what I always thought the place resembled, especially considering the facade as well.

Interested in what they might be tweaking and or adding.  Hopefully the water pump will get a full fix to be able to fill canteens again :D

I see where you might think of it as a bar....

A "commercial hunting cabin/hotel" type place could look a lot like one of these buildings, sometimes complete with professional kitchen and bar.

People pay good money to have all the creature comforts, including chefs/servers in some of those places and just like in the game, these types of places would be less common.

It's just what I always thought the place resembled, especially considering the facade as well.

see when i think of a hunting cabin i think of something like this: http://bright-ideas-software.com/stewart/images/SpikehornhuntCamp.jpg

now people have different opinions but thats a older looking camp and one that people would like, nice fireplace, maybe a bunk bed or two and small kitchen.

Now some people may think more like this, which i think you are eluding to: http://www.hunt.munseysbearcamp.com/images/bear_lodge_guest_cabin.jpg

still would like a dedicated "hunting lodge" building that is found in the woods with no roads to it or a dirt road. With a rifle or shotgun spawn, small ammo spawn, and food/canteen, clothing, lower tier item spawn.

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 1

see when i think of a hunting cabin i think of something like this: http://bright-ideas-software.com/stewart/images/SpikehornhuntCamp.jpg

now people have different opinions but thats a older looking camp and one that people would like, nice fireplace, maybe a bunk bed or two and small kitchen.

Now some people may think more like this, which i think you are eluding to: http://www.hunt.munseysbearcamp.com/images/bear_lodge_guest_cabin.jpg

still would like a dedicated "hunting lodge" building that is found in the woods with no roads to it or a dirt road. With a rifle or shotgun spawn, small ammo spawn, and food/canteen, clothing, lower tier item spawn.

Your first link sent me to a remax page.  Are you trying to sell people houses? I'm on to you  <_<

Edited by Caboose187

Your first link sent me to a remax page.  Are you trying to sell people houses? I'm on to you  <_<

no xD i fixed the link, sorry about that.

• Like 1

i'm just waiting for the point were you are so disinterested that you stop feeling the need to post about a game you admittedly cant bring yourself to play....which is fine, but why complain if you aren't even going to try it.....guess i could've waited until reading the entire thread  to see if anyone else had the same thought....meh, i'll find out soon enough

Please show me where i have complained about anything in this thread. Please enlighten me ??

Survivors! 

This Wednesday's Experimental branch update should be downloading to your PCs now for those opt'ing in to this branch. Most of this weeks work has been on the programming and animation side, so you won't see any of that today. However there are several security, and content changes in today's branch update. 

Including, but not limited to: 

Improvised ghillie head piece 

Improvised ghillie chest piece 

Improvised camoflage for rifles 

Server side memory management bugfixing 

Addressed several issues with throwing of grenades 

General bugfixing for gameplay systems

As well as plenty of other changes, enhancements, modifications, and bug squashing that we'll let you all discover on your own. Experimental branch servers are temporarily not announcing restart schedules while we update the scheduling system to adapt to server side changes - so be careful out there! 

Per usual, every experimental branch update also includes a purge of the experimental hive - so don't be too concerned if you spawn in fresh.

• Like 6

Ready for download guys.  If it hasn't already just restart steam.

Careful with going into the small log house.  The front and back door ways are too small and you will get stuck.

Edited by Caboose187

1PP exp servers are back!  B)  Time to go check out what's new! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I do not like this patch.  Picking up anything is borked, 

Here's a video of the house I was talking about. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PneZ4Wvl3Zg&feature=youtu.be

And here is what the house looks like outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOYSwO1ujg8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 2

There are loads of those houses throughout Chernarus, getting stuck is not one of the first things that come to mind.

If one only, then grid reference and Report.

If all, then Report.

• Like 1

Guess this is one of the things we'll need for those ghillie suits. Haven't been able to find out exactly what to do with it though.

9FOvegm.jpg

Edited by Chompster

Ready for download guys.

I do not like this patch.  Picking up anything is borked, 

8h27: I'm downloading the patch

8h47: patch sucks!

A whole.... 10 minutes playing? Cmon, lets be constructive  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1pp servers this time 'round? Also, will I be lucky enough to get a character reset? It was late, I was getting tired and busy playing GTA V on PS4 and allowed myself to get logged off in a red house. =(

8h27: I'm downloading the patch

8h47: patch sucks!

A whole.... 10 minutes playing? Cmon, lets be constructive  :rolleyes:

Ya a whole 10 mins.  If it's not working it's not working.  1pp is way smoother and picking up items works.

• Like 1

There are loads of those houses throughout Chernarus, getting stuck is not one of the first things that come to mind.

If one only, then grid reference and Report.

If all, then Report.

Two of the same houses, one in Electro the other was in Prigorodki.  Looks like they made em for the little people and yes, I did report it with links to the videos.

• Like 2

Two of the same houses, one in Electro the other was in Prigorodki.  Looks like they made em for the little people and yes, I did report it with links to the videos.

But on the other hand they fixed NEAF buildings where door ways were also to small, they've added there some extra stuff too like computers, desks and other things