SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Are you sure you experienced a bug? If you double tap ALT the camera goes into free-look mode and double tap (as you did) to turn off free-look mode.

I can confirm the alt look bug, i was getting it also, I would press alt once and hold it down, but the game seemed to register it as a double tab of alt, never had any issues like that previously. Not the worst bug, but can throw you off for a sec.

Anyone else noticed the new lowered weapon stance for pistols? You hold it down to your right side with 1 hand, looks cool.

• Like 1

Communicate ? .....play alone ?... that is what DayZ is about. Isn't a global chat, a lobby to find people to play with, not spawning with you friends option...the only way to "communicate" is with outside tools. I feel sorry for people like you that always tries to change things to fit with their ideas. 

dayz isn't about being alone? u start alone... the world is designed to have players on it... so your point isn't valid.

secondly.. theres voip in the game... no global chat of yet. (alpha buddy)

I don't attempt to make anything my way?? reason I play any MMO is to interact with and meet people.. I do so easily inside dayz... gone from a clan of 3 to 14... in less then a month.

I had an opinion of your playstyle and choices... I didn't in anyway try to * change things *...

nice try tho :)

Communicate ? .....play alone ?... that is what DayZ is about. Isn't a global chat, a lobby to find people to play with, not spawning with you friends option...the only way to "communicate" is with outside tools. I feel sorry for people like you that always tries to change things to fit with their ideas. 

posted twice... my bad sorry peeps.    .........

:)

Edited by Renigade

Countless lives brought down by starvation or dehydration.  I'm starting to think experimental is punishment for all the gluttony of the past.  I must be sick in the head for enjoying it.

Time to try walking.

I mentioned yesterday here that Experimental 1pp is not playable at the moment (Swe Den and De-servers) due to starve to death before having a chance to find any loot at all.

I tested fifteen restarts yesterday (five-six with a couple of friends who had same experiences) and 6 this morning, the longest session lasted 20 minutes, that when I was trying to walk slow as much of the time as possible.

When jogging you can reach 2,5-3 km in a straigth level and on a road.

The houses and barns and sheds I searched had no, or very little loot all, ruined or badly damaged. As if they where leftovers after others already been there. Nowhere is respawning loot?

Z´s are as normal, it consumes a lot of calories and blood to fight them mostly barehanded or with a ruined hammer.

It would be interesting to get inland to see the dam or to find how gear are there, but right now it seems very difficult or impossible to do so.

When I lifted this discussion yesterday here and on reddit (*facepalm* big mistake) I met a lot of hate towards me and my (assumed) playstyle. Well this is what it is.

So let´s try again. Is it only me that has turned into a lousy player after 600 gamehours mainly on exp 1pp? Or has things changed to so unbalanced that it is getting unplayable? Does anyone have tried to do a fresh respawn in exp 1pp the last day? How did you do to survive?

And insted of hating here in the thread, plz PM me about that, so the subject does not get littered.

Edited by Gubbjeveln

dayz isn't about being alone? u start alone... the world is designed to have players on it... so your point isn't valid.

secondly.. theres voip in the game... no global chat of yet. (alpha buddy)

I don't attempt to make anything my way?? reason I play any MMO is to interact with and meet people.. I do so easily inside dayz... gone from a clan of 3 to 14... in less then a month.

I had an opinion of your playstyle and choices... I didn't in anyway try to * change things *...

nice try tho :)

Hey, if they wanted a "lets hold hands together and sign the Kumbayah".. game, it will be a lot more different than it is right now...Also..we don't have a Global chat and a lobby... because is in Alpha ?... genius logic, don't quit your day job.

And insted of hating here in the thread, plz PM me about that, so the subject does not get littered.

This is where the discussion takes place, not PM's.

You have to understand that the loot is not working as desired and/or is being reviewed through the data collected.

If you happened to be in Kamyshovo on DE-05 Sat afternoon you would realise this, loot everywhere, stacks of axes and more than enough to get started.

Moving inland via Rog and up to Staroye ended in death even though I had a good supply of :beans: and ate many apples.

The balance is off, this is the Exp build and it should be expected that things do not work as you wish, this does not mean that you are a bad player after 600 hrs of play, it means that you are playing on the Exp branch.

• Like 1

This may be the diet and exercise patch. Took three attempts to stay alive and make it west where it's wide open. I'm now fully geared with all health monitors in the bright green, plenty of food. Your movements and food/water consumption have to be seriously paced down and equally moderated to reach a healthy state. It takes time and you cannot over imbibe, or you may starve to death while being stuffed. Once you're in the green, it's easy to maintain.

I tried connecting to experimental servers this evening for about 45 minutes and could not so I just went back to stable.

Hey, if they wanted a "lets hold hands together and sign the Kumbayah".. game, it will be a lot more different than it is right now...Also..we don't have a Global chat and a lobby... because is in Alpha ?... genius logic, don't quit your day job.

last post I make replying to you ay...

I said there is no global chat? lol.. your an idiot.. im done with your fail comments and irrelevance to this topic.

go create a thread about yourself and dribble in it..

ALSO...

EXPERIMENTAL IS BROKEN DUE TO PRESISTENCE!!

DOESNT MATTER WHAT U DO OR WHERE U GO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DROP MY BATTERY IN A ROOM AND NO LOOT WILL SPAWN THERE!!!!!!

SWAP MY PANTS OUT FOR BETTER 1'S... U GET MY PANTS...

WELCOME TO PERSISTENCE!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE WHO JOINED THE EXP IN THE FIRST HOURS....WOULDNT OF HAD A LOOT ISSUE.... THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LEFT STARTING ZONES AND REALISED THE CONSUMPTION OF RESOURCES HAS TRIPLED!!

FIRST IN BEST DRESS IS HOW IT WORKS UNTILL LOOT SPAWNING ON PERSISTENCE SERVERS IS ADDRESSED TILL THEN... play stable!

the way exp is is not the way its ment to be..... OK..... persisience is a lil broken and not able to respawn loot.

play EXP when u see persistence is fixed and who knows.... u mite see it on .49 shortly after that.

• Like 1

I said there is no global chat? lol.. your an idiot.. im done with your fail comments and irrelevance to this topic.

ALSO...

DOESNT MATTER WHAT U DO OR WHERE U GO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DROP MY BATTERY IN A ROOM AND NO LOOT WILL SPAWN THERE!!!!!!

PEOPLE WHO JOINED THE EXP IN THE FIRST HOURS....WOULDNT OF HAD A LOOT ISSUE.... THE SAME PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LEFT STARTING ZONES AND REALISED THE CONSUMPTION OF RESOURCES HAS TRIPLED!!

FIRST IN BEST DRESS IS HOW IT WORKS UNTILL LOOT SPAWNING ON PERSISTENCE SERVERS IS ADDRESSED TILL THEN... play stable!

the way exp is is not the way its ment to be..... OK..... persisience is a lil broken and not able to respawn loot.

play EXP when u see persistence is fixed and who knows.... u mite see it on .49 shortly after that.

Wow, all that caps... i think i touched a nerve in there... :D

The games direction is to be as realistic, well, supposed to be realistic so why do they keep messing with the hunger / thirst rates, hot / cold rates? .49 is near perfect and playable so why the need to make it more extreme?

If I ate 4 apples, 2 tins of beans, a tin of tactical bacon and a couple of steaks, washed down with 4 fizzy drinks and a couple of gutfull's of water the last thing I'd be 15mins later is fuckin starving!!! It would take me longer to be able to move after a feast like that.

Yes it's experimental, but cmon, seriously? It's just lazy programing in order to rush out builds. Hotfixes to experimental builds need to be more frequent i.e. daily, fixing each issue one at a time and we can test and report on each issue (rather than a backwash of reports) to ensure the stable release is exactly that....Stable, bug free.

Edited by TheWeedMan
  • Like 4

The games direction is to be as realistic, well, supposed to be realistic so why do they keep messing with the hunger / thirst rates, hot / cold rates? .49 is near perfect and playable so why the need to make it more extreme?

If I ate 4 apples, 2 tins of beans, a tin of tactical bacon and a couple of steaks, washed down with 4 fizzy drinks and a couple of gutfull's of water the last thing I'd be 15mins later is fuckin starving!!! It would take me longer to be able to move after a feast like that.

Yes it's experimental, but cmon, seriously? It's just lazy programing in order to rush out builds. Hotfixes to experimental builds need to be more frequent i.e. daily, fixing each issue one at a time and we can test and report on each issue (rather than a backwash of reports) to ensure the stable release is exactly that....Stable, bug free.

LOL! Stable is far from perfect with the hunger thirst rates ... I've ran all the way across the continent last night on stable , didn't have to eat or drink at all ... That's a little unrealistic in my book and needs some nerfing , yes this experimental is too extreme in the sense that there's no food but it's been stated many times (and right above your post ) that the loot respawn is not working as intended because of Persistance so we're obviously not making this the normal .. If the hungry meter was a little less rampant and there was more food respawning id say we'd be at the perfect level of loot/food to player ratio :).

• Like 2

ALSO...

Wow, an all caps rage-reply. Must be true.

On a more serious note, no. Ten, a hundred, a thousands times no. I've spawned in places obviously looted before my arrival and there was loot - sometimes interesting, sometimes not. But there was loot, even if some other noobspawn before me dropped his/her jeans, battery and/or torch on the ground. There is, on the other hand, a very big problem with loot tables and locations.

As previously noted by Boneboys some towns are literally full to the brim with supplies. I've found stacks of 10-15 empty first aid kits in a room outside Cherno. In every shack and/or barn I'm visiting there are tons of industrial loot (constuction helmets, cyalumes, ropes, pliers and such). Barns are full of lanterns and gas stoves. Two story houses spawn almost only books, and on several bus stops in front of houses between Solnichniy and Kamyshovo there are dozens of books. Rify, in at least three servers I've visited with different characters, is full of cloned items - groups of tree/four child briefcases are common, as bike helmets and, again, empty first aid kits. Rifles cover (literally!) the bridges of the ship, but no ammunition can be found on it.

There's some problem with loot, yes, but player-dropped items does not seem to influence loot spawn. I still don't understand if food spawn rate have been tampered with and lowered or if the circle of spawn-death by thirst/starvation-respawn is too quick and effectively prevent loot respawn creating "burned" zones where no food can be found around spawn zones. This, with the combined reduced stomach dimension/harsher calories consumption is killing characters extremely fast.

I don't agree with Boneboys however on a point: even if you're full green and healthy with lots of supplies you WILL die of starvation. And quickly. Way too quickly to be enjoyable. It's a game, dammit...seriously, this is the only answer to the "easy survival mode" of 0.49? There's no middle ground, either it's too easy or needlessty harsh.

Edited by DocWolf
  • Like 2

Once you're in the green, it's easy to maintain.

I don't entirely agree. I think this particular build of 0.50 is the first time you need to constantly worry about how much you're carrying with you. Just crossing between two towns can result in dropping from bright green hydrated to neutral. Given how many areas in the north don't yet have water pumps, that can make carrying enough water difficult. Same goes for food: if you have a string of bad luck in looting, you may exhaust food supplies that you thought would last you a lot longer. Traveling in this build is something that requires careful planning, and I'm totally okay with that challenge :)

I don't entirely agree. I think this particular build of 0.50 is the first time you need to constantly worry about how much you're carrying with you. Just crossing between two towns can result in dropping from bright green hydrated to neutral. Given how many areas in the north don't yet have water pumps, that can make carrying enough water difficult. Same goes for food: if you have a string of bad luck in looting, you may exhaust food supplies that you thought would last you a lot longer. Traveling in this build is something that requires careful planning, and I'm totally okay with that challenge :)

Sure you have to be leery about your supplies. Keep them and yourself well maintained and you'll have little difficulties. No more 'mad dogging' it across the map without a worry about food and water. Overcoming this threshold on a fresh spawn is a bitch, and should provide more incentive to stay alive. However they tinker with the stamina system, this is the way forward.

Sure you have to be leery about your supplies. Keep them and yourself well maintained and you'll have little difficulties. No more 'mad dogging' it across the map without a worry about food and water. Overcoming this threshold on a fresh spawn is a bitch, and should provide more incentive to stay alive. However they tinker with the stamina system, this is the way forward.

Right, my point was that you never know if you're going to find anything with which to restock your supplies. THAT is the challenge -- strategizing your every move to maximize your time spent consuming resources in the process of acquiring more.

I have to hand it to the devs they have made the game realistic with the loot, but it is not much fun as a game. I have been through svetlo and polana and found very little. And you can tell it is not through people looting as there is very little junk left around. At polana fire station there was absolutely nothing at all in it.  I hope they sort this out soon as well as the walking.  And is any one else finding it a bit laggy when you press your movement and quick slot keys? I'm finding there is a seconds delay when trying to do things?

PLayed the exp servers yesterday. From going from the .49 to playing the .50. Even though the hunger/thirst is really sped up on the exp servers. I found it really challenging finding any type of food. Let alone something to open cans. Picked 2 apples and they didnt do anything. Would be nice if they buffed those, if i ate 2 apple id get full but im not a fatty lol

I spawned all over the map to just die to starvation pretty quickly each life. One life found 2 cans of food. Ran around Novo trying to find something to open them with, then died. Loot did seem more scarce on the spawns near Solnichniy, Kamyshovo and prig. Seem like i had zero chances to survive in those areas due to my personal loot finding experience or lack of loot. I had better luck with spawns up North in the new towns but still couldnt find anything to open cans. The only place i found cans of food was up North in Novo. I never made it inland lol. I did find a shed with 3 damaged cr75 pistols lol. Then a book shelf with 9 books around it. Idk for me loot was fickle. I found a defibrillator, used it and got knocked out lol, I felt my survival only depended if i got lucky and found food and then something to open it, nothing. before i died in 15mins to starvation. Surviving on .49 is easy mode, with .50 its making it harder to survive based on the speed of it, on top of that low loot drops, a good combo for death. I like where its going, they will find a balance. BUt after playing each life i felt if i lived it was based off if i got lucky and found food. thats it.

Oh idk if it was on .49 but on .50 i was having a blast locking zombies in building, was really easy to lock them in a house and a funny present for the next person coming along lol. They didnt seem to bug through walls anymore, zombies are getting better.

The experimental servers have kept well their persistence. This is likely the reason why people struggle to find anything. I've trouble to find anything that can be crafted as rags so one zombie starts to be a big gamble for me. I'm still alive but I got in big troubles with zombies in both Sobors and my down jacket got ruined. After an hour I found Gorka uniform in military base that finally saved me. I couldn' just walk anymore or I would've get hypothermia.

Hunting and fishing are things now on but I lost my fishing rod.

The experimental servers have kept well their persistence. This is likely the reason why people struggle to find anything. I've trouble to find anything that can be crafted as rags so one zombie starts to be a big gamble for me. I'm still alive but I got in big troubles with zombies in both Sobors and my down jacket got ruined. After an hour I found Gorka uniform in military base that finally saved me. I couldn' just walk anymore or I would've get hypothermia.

Hunting and fishing are things now on but I lost my fishing rod.

I had some problems with the fishing though. While "checking the bait", every once in a while it automatically "move and pull the bait from the water" even though no real movement  was implied. Small glitch, but renders fishing almost impossible. You need to stop checking the bait, wait and hope a fish bites and gets caught so once you check the bait and get the "fish has bit the bait" message to immediately pull out.

It'll get fix for sure, but makes it tough to fish right now.

Dear uninformed:

Release numbers like .50 are meaningless, if you followed the devs you would know that.

It does not mean we are halfway to anything.

Experimental never gets changelogs, ever. Unofficial ones are on reddit.

There are a lot of people who jump into DayZ without reading nearly enough about the game and the state that it is in before they come on here and try to "contribute".

I just remind myself what South Park hammered home, "half of everyone is retarded".

Have a nice day.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4