SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

Yeah, the most important item in the game right now is matches. Once you have them there's really no reason you should die from the elements or hunger. I imagine eventually fuel will burn up but for now an axe is completely optional. I've thought it might be cool if you could ignite a fire with cattle prod or stun baton too.

Oops, forgot about matches. Okay, 2 slots! :)

I try searching around the previous posts but haven't seen anything "new" about the patch, most people just talk about heli crashes and how this and that is rare, but, have anyone notice that since last 0.50 experimental the shotgun mp-133 now has new sound. I had tested it when it first came out, and it was re-using old sound files from other weapons. (the double barrel shotgun sounds)

Old shotgun sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvFKb0F8og

And also, haven't seen this old guy before in-game, only the screenshots provided in the dev blog.

aajfrb.jpg

i3dtht.jpg

Sorry if it already have been posted, but I haven't checked all 64 pages...  (only about 40 as I participate in this discussion...)

• Like 7

Well, this clears up the "where are the tomato seeds" question.

EDIT:

Link here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213233-twitter-peter-tomato-seeds-are-not-spawning-in-latest-experimental-new-exp-version-next-week/

I don't know how to get a Twatter message in here, it seems.

EDIT2:

Edited by Max Planck
It works! Thanks Chain.
  • Like 4

I don't know how to get a Twatter message in here, it seems.

On Twitter: Click on the timestamp of the post to get the link of the specific tweet.

Here: Simply throw the link in your post, the forum will convert it automaticly.

• Like 2

Is the sprint the same monkey sprint?

Kind of... it's been tweaked a little it would seem. It's a lot more natural feeling now, but it's still not the old running animation.

• Like 4

Kind of... it's been tweaked a little it would seem. It's a lot more natural feeling now, but it's still not the old running animation.

It's just really running without a weapon looks odd isn't it? the rest look ok. (I haven't played this second .5 just the first) Hopefully they tweak it some more as, to me, it looks bizarre.

• Like 1

I just discovered something else. I think it was on either SWE 01 or SWE 02 servers - right when you get the short server info on which server you're playing, it said "Weekend Special" - does anyone know what that's supposed to mean by chance?

I played on SWE 02 half an hour ago. 50 Players only. But what i discovered was even better (if i'm not totally outdated)

Zombies were actually walking around in a small radius of ~20 m WHEN NOT AGGROED. In my opinion, inactive Zombies were stationary until now. So that would be a "special" I've been waiting for since december :)

• Like 3

^Yes!

I saw this too!

The shambling zombie was so cool! :P

Odin Lowe

I also noticed the shotgun sounds and I thought it sounded "weird".

Also, there was a crappy blurry pic of the hermit zombie ingame posted to the unofficial changelog (or possibly the wiki) which was linked here when he was er, "released" as it were.

Your pics are way better. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Got a Vybor spawn and Ive ran north of Novy so far and I have yet to find matches. We need to be able to make a fire with rocks and sticks if we can travel half a GD map without finding matches.... Those things need to be in abundance with how easy and quick you die of hypothermia in this game...

• Like 1

^Yes!

I saw this too!

The shambling zombie was so cool! :P

Odin Lowe

I also noticed the shotgun sounds and I thought it sounded "weird".

Also, there was a crappy blurry pic of the hermit zombie ingame posted to the unofficial changelog (or possibly the wiki) which was linked here when he was er, "released" as it were.

Your pics are way better. :thumbsup:

I really like the new shotgun sound compared to the old placeholder one. It feels much better now!! It's getting a lot better with each new 0.50... version!! :thumbsup:

Why are zombies walking through doors again?

Unfortunately, in my experience, the whole door state + pathing thing has never really worked well yet.

When I try to use a door to gain some space between myself and zombies and I always assume they are going to walk through whether it looks closed or not.

New Zed AI is close to implementation I think though!

Edit: to say I came across one of the static police car spawns and the only way I could pick up an MP5 magazine that was placed in the middle of the front seat cushion was to look straight up into the sky! :D

Edited by BioHaze

Why are zombies walking through doors again?

I was experiencing this more than usual with the recent build as well. Spawned in and was immediately confronted by a military zed whom I proceeded to lock in a building. Didn't work - he went right through the door. Thinking it may have been the building, I led him to a second building and locked him in. This time it worked - initially. After I went down the road to the next house he went right through the door and was after me again.  :(

For the most part in 0.49 locking Zeds inside has worked for me at a rate of around 80% - enough for it to be worth using as a valid tactic. Not much of an issue though; I'm sure it will be addressed. Not to mention the  new AI/animations mentioned in the blog.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Now I can finally start picking up the bitches.

Edited by Rags
  • Like 2

Server just restarted but I'm on a pretty long life. Doors seem less reliable than usual (as people have already elaborated on, thanks!), I'm getting hit from outside/the first floor when I'm upstairs in houses (not sure if this was ever addressed though), and zombies are hitting me from 10 feet away more than usual as well.

It was hard to find food but I just reached energized and hydrated states, with food and drink to spare. So I'm getting there. I found some matches too! Things are looking up. I've found a bunch of SKS's but no ammo so I'm sticking with my handy shotgun.

Looking pretty good but still some insanely annoying things to work out.

Got a Vybor spawn and Ive ran north of Novy so far and I have yet to find matches. We need to be able to make a fire with rocks and sticks if we can travel half a GD map without finding matches.... Those things need to be in abundance with how easy and quick you die of hypothermia in this game...

It's not that quick and if you find proper clothes you may never die of hypothermia even without fires. That said, I agree some alternatives would be interesting. Using stun weapons (with the electrical arc) as I mentioned before for an ignition would be plausible. I could also see a "primitive fire starting tool" made of a stick and rope but this should be something that is time consuming (not 100% success rate) and prone to breaking either the rope or stick (condition loss with each attempt).

Also, my dude just ate nearly an entire cow worth of steak without getting stuffed. To those complaining about stomach size, one could make a good argument that it should be much less than it is...

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

The town I was in before a server restart did not seem to have any zeds and after a restart there are zeds again.

Random aggro for zeds is really odd.

I almost walked into a female zombie -50 meters away when I rounded a corner. I had just enough time to pull out my shotty and blast her as she let out her first aggro "cah-caw!".

Another zed I came upon at even closer distance and merely leveled my gun and fired, moving along briskly.

A military zed aggro'd on me through a wall at great distance with doors closed and then ran right through the wall from behind me as if the house wasn't there.

And 1 I was able to lead into a building and blast him while he was pathing, as intended in game.

Right now due to ammo amounts and random gear found, it's pump action for close and medium ranges, long horn for sniping and as binos.

I'm liking this combo.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Okay, so two more things: What in the blinking Bunny is up with those randomly exploding gas stations??? One huge boom with one or two smaller ones somewhat closely following the first, then about 2 or three more explosions within 1-3 minutes in between.

Only once have I seen players around when this happened, every other time it just blew up (making me have to change my pants more than once). Is it only in Solnichny when this happens? Does anyone know more?

And as for the dogs: I want one just like in my profile picture please. Other than that... Meh... Don't know about that... It's probably just gonna steal all your deer steak and poop in your camp while chewing on your favorite Coat.

Edited by Demonica

Gas Stations will blow up when a player first renders the gas stations, multiple explosions likely means a group just came into sight of the gas station.

• Like 2

Okay, so two more things: What in the blinking Bunny is up with those randomly exploding gas stations??? One huge boom with one or two smaller ones somewhat closely following the first, then about 2 or three more explosions within 1-3 minutes in between.

Only once have I seen players around when this happened, every other time it just blew up (making me have to change my pants more than once). Is it only in Solnichny when this happens? Does anyone know more?

And as for the dogs: I want one just like in my profile picture please. Other than that... Meh... Don't know about that... It's probably just gonna steal all your deer steak and poop in your camp while chewing on your favorite Coat.

What lmstr said. When a player open fire on the gas pumps and make a gas station explode, every time another player enters the "area" (about 1000m) around the said exploded gas station, it'll blow again.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

*snip*

I really think it's cool and I might like trying to keep a dog, though I'm not sure it's something I would stick with.

I have enough trouble being tracked by the people, I certainly don't need to be tracked by a dog.

Let's hope walking through a stream and similar nose blinding tactics can throw a dog off a persons scent.

Gahhh! I can't wait to see all the map changes. Has anyone spotted the "new coastal town" yet or have any idea where it is? I'm placing a bet right now: near Rify (between Berezino and Svetlojarsk) or past Kamenka to the west.