UltimateGentleman

Does anyone else want to be captured/tortured?

I have not once been captured by anyone, nobody has even attempted it...

It's so boring just oh there's a dude BANG why not have some creativity and food poison me what's the goal in just shooting someone dead they respawn in 30 seconds anyway, possibly near you, possibly near you until you have no ammo from killing the same dude 30 times.

Why not poison people so they have to struggle for half an hour while they die?

Is it so much to ask that people be assholes in an interesting way? KOS is just the dullest playstyle, have some fun with people at least.

If you go round killing people all the time and have never taken someone hostage, consider it today!

Or am I the only one who actually wants put in that situation? Over just being straight up killed by someone you never even noticed.

• Like 2

I'd prefer to be shot in the head running away than captured by sociopaths who have convinced themselves that torture is  a far more noble act than killing.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

Trust me, they take your pants then force you to lie one the ground and they do things with zucchini and extendable batons and such. Some are nice enough to leave you a rag to clean up or an extra 20 in your pocket but it can be dirty business to be captured. It can scar you

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 3

I'd prefer to be shot in the head running away than captured by sociopaths who have convinced themselves that torture is a far more noble act than killing.

Let me ask you something. Why do you play survival games?

I'd prefer to be shot in the head running away than captured by sociopaths who have convinced themselves that torture is  a far more noble act than killing.

It's a lot more of an interesting thing to experience in the game than "You are dead" though and it'd be nice to get to know the people who may eventually kill you instead of walk in to a room "You are dead"

I just find it really dull, if you're killing a fresh spawn who literally has only the torch and battery you're hardly doing any major damage to them like wow I have to respawn somewhere else where I might actually find some unlooted area.

Given the lack of direction in the game it'd be nice to be challenged by captors instead of shot by random douchebags who play too much CoD.

I was captured once and they force fed me fresh veggies until I puked. I didn't know if I should have been happy, mad or scared at the time...

Had some kids ask me nicely if they could take me hostage once. I think my AKM and drum mag and their lack of firepower made them behave nicely around me. 

Other than those 2 times people either just shoot me in the face or just make me leave the area. Mostly they shoot me...

I always resist the arrest which ends with me dead. I'd rather die than be tortured. 

• Like 2

Restraining and force-feeding people worms and giving them a gun, without ammo, after release is our general practise when we meet other players :D

• Like 1

I was captured and made to fight another captive just outside Berzino. I beat the first guy but, there was another captive walking over to us. He kicked my butt and, the team just chanted " Kill kill kill"! Blamo shot in the head, no second place ribbons!

I tend to just break legs and leave them stranded if they make it to a bush and manage to make a splint, good on 'em.

The title of this thread sound like a advertisement for a sado mazo salon.

Or am I the only one who actually wants put in that situation? Over just being straight up killed by someone you never even noticed.

Considering how little many of you think of the average player, do you really want to get captured?

Is it so much to ask that people be assholes in an interesting way? KOS is just the dullest playstyle, have some fun with people at least.

Since not everyone oblige to do as they are told and die on cue, and you can never know how good is your opponent, its no wonder that many feel that KOS is the prudent and safest way i.e. "when you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk" Edited by Mor

Nine times out of ten they will kill you at the end of it all.

Why am I going to allow them to take all my pristine gear? I'd rather tell them to fuck off and have a shoot out. That way, if they do kill me most of my gear will be useless to them. Even if I don't have a weapon I'm still going to try and punch one out so I can grab a weapon. If it doesn't work out at least I wasn't someone's bitch.

• Like 2

I got held up twice.

First, dude shot me in the head moments later, but maybe if my mic was working, it might have ended differently.

He also said "sorry mate" so there's that.

Second time, two dudes with AK's jumped me while I was hidden in some house going through my loot.

They yelled at me to not move, so I complied, having only Mosin.

They took all my food, took my mosin ammo so that I could not shoot them ...and yes, they fed me few worms O_o.

In the end I survived as my buddy brought me charcoal later.

Hmm wonder if going to water pump, drinking to the point of puking, would have helped, if I did it fast enough?

Anyway that second encounter was interesting and I'm glad it happened, instead of them just shooting me right away.

Lot more fun than your every day KOS business.

Edited by Hombre

I have not once been captured by anyone, nobody has even attempted it...

It's so boring just oh there's a dude BANG why not have some creativity and food poison me what's the goal in just shooting someone dead they respawn in 30 seconds anyway, possibly near you, possibly near you until you have no ammo from killing the same dude 30 times.

Why not poison people so they have to struggle for half an hour while they die?

If you go round killing people all the time and have never taken someone hostage, consider it today!

Everyone needs to be tortured like this! 83

• Like 2

Let me ask you something. Why do you play survival games?

For fun. I'd get a bigger thrill from evading capture or even dying whilst trying to escape than being force fed disinfectant or whatever. Your chances of being killed while captive are exponentially higher than if you aren't captured so wishing to be captured seems counterintuitive. But if people want to role play some submissive role in game I'm happy they get that chance but I won't be torturing anyone and I'll be avoiding being tortured too. I've yet to be captured after I suppose a dozen attempts and only once was I killed escaping.

For the record, I've been involved with three hold ups on the 'bandit' side and none of the holdups led to anyone being killed or tortured. In fact, I'd hardly term them as banditry at all as they were all cases of someone crossed our paths and we just wanted to secure ourselves. The last incident the 'victim' ended up with a kitted out akm and ammo. I honestly think the people going around hunting down people to capture are worse than kos-ers but that's just my opinion.

Doesn't interest me in the least, as soon as hand cuffs are on they better enable the respawn button.

We would love to make all of your fantasies come true OP.. 

Look us up. [FOG] Clan server - (.:In Fog We Trust, The Rest We Dust:.) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiF-iQHzjF3pkmNE8dWFujw/videos

Hey Irish - your videos link doesn't seem to work for me!

PS. since Rambo was in this thread it reminded me... I'm coming for you!  :P

• Like 1

I have never been detained in dayz. Players consider me hostile I think and shot 1st. Because I'm always armed and I sneak around with a weapon in my hand. That’s fine too. I would rather just be shot. I have captured players, and will tell you it is entertaining.....but after a while they become a pain in the ass...What do  you do with them? You can't hold them for ever and what if they are talking to there budys on TS? Working on turning the tables on you? 

If your captured you stand a good chance of not surviving it, if its just some random thing. You will probably be starved or force feed, and really just someone’s personal entertainment at your expense. Its normally really what the case is. Because in the video game world of dayz, life is really cheap. Your avatar pixels have no value after the rob you for everything, even to you lol.  There specail cases. There are cases were clans will capture people from other clans. I have also seen players captured for there own safety the released. Hero clans sometimes will do that. 

*ALTHOUGH* if you wanted to go into it with the idea of trolling your captures, or even setting them up for say an ambush. That would be interesting.

Edited by CJFlint

I've been captured a few times, the standard, fed rotten fruit, shot in the legs and clothes stolen. Nowadays I don't suffer it so if I have a gun I defend myself and If I don't I just log out. I just can't see the fun in it. I have actually come upon people having captured other players and tried to save them but I have died both times.

If you get sick by being fed worms or berries or whatever, drinking lots of water and puking will temporarily stop the sickness, but it returns after a while.

I've been captured a few times, the standard, fed rotten fruit, shot in the legs and clothes stolen. Nowadays I don't suffer it so if I have a gun I defend myself and If I don't I just log out. I just can't see the fun in it. I have actually come upon people having captured other players and tried to save them but I have died both times.

If you get sick by being fed worms or berries or whatever, drinking lots of water and puking will temporarily stop the sickness, but it returns after a while.

why don't you just not be cooperative? they'll probably kill you, but as lame as you might think that all is, you are basically combat logging. might as well only play on empty servers.

Two things going on here - firstly, why don't you put out an ad for someone else who wants to be tortured too, then you can be a team and take turns putting bags on each other's heads, and ..breaking each other's legs with baseball bats..and talking about books you just read..ya know?  and helping each other to collect rotten fruit. And carry handcuffs with you and a burlap sack, so you have the kit ready in case someone wants to hurt and insult you but they don't have any useful gear with them. And have competitions to see if it hurts more being hit with a spade WHILE you're throwing up, or if bad meat is worse than force feeding each other on charcoal tabs till you die.

I find it HARD to believe you CANT find a psycho torturer when you want one.. I guess its the DayZ Angel of Ghastly Fate just setting you up for somethig unexpected, as usual.... .. good luck with it (and ps - following any player around and constantly reading to him from the bible, will usually get you what you want pretty fast)

BUT .. the zombies and killers are BORING you ? So how about THIS to change ALL our lives ...??....

So .. SECONDLY - As soon as GRENADES work properly the whole bandit thing will get much more interesting:

if you are holding a grenade with the pin out, and you drop it on the ground  (on purpose ...or by accident)  or if someone tries to handcuff you when the grenade is in your hand , OR you are  knocked out , or shot,  then you drop the grenade, and it GOES OFF

That would make "threatening confrontation" a whole level of more interesting... because then if you hold someone to gunpoint, or put a bag on their head, or break their leg and look through their inventory, how do you know he wsn't holding tight onto a FRAG  before you whacked him? .. and maybe he dropped it right at your feet because he figured he'e take you and your payday mates out with him first,... and, imagine,  when you and your mates stop your car to give that roadside dude a lift to Berezino.. . how do you know he's not carrying a frag that makes him the DayZ equivalent of a dynamite shirt ?? hu ?

If you DROP a live grenade for any reason it should definitely explode. (when you have it in your hand and you die, you go unconscious, maybe even if you have a knockdown shock.. or just because you LET it DROP at your feet.

THAT'S got to be more fun than feeding rotten fruit to some pasing guy and thinking of nasty bad things to say, to him.

Reply:

<<< Hey - You think torture is cool? so come on dude, hit me with the spade, see what I have in my HAND dude..>>>

AND in the meantime REMEMBER to tell the DEVS.. if you let go of a live grenade for any reason, it EXPLODES... ok ?? 

Wouldn't that scenario be FINE? Suddenly there would be worried bandits around, and worried military police patrols too, and worried campfire christians... And wouldn't that be great to get in that car with just your shorts and a shirt on, and tell them <<thanks for everything, and ....The Vybor Luminous Path Brigade says THIS ONE IS For you YA BASTARDS !! >>

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Two things going on here - firstly, why don't you put out an ad for someone else who wants to be tortured too, then you can be a team and take turns putting bags on each other's heads, and ..breaking each other's legs with baseball bats..and talking about books you just read..ya know?  and helping each other to collect rotten fruit. And carry handcuffs with you and a burlap sack, so you have the kit ready in case someone wants to hurt and insult you but they don't have any useful gear with them. And have competitions to see if it hurts more being hit with a spade WHILE you're throwing up, or if bad meat is worse than force feeding each other on charcoal tabs till you die.

I find it HARD to believe you CANT find a psycho torturer when you want one.. I guess its the DayZ Angel of Ghastly Fate just setting you up for somethig unexpected, as usual.... .. good luck with it (and ps - following any player around and constantly reading to him from the bible, will usually get you what you want pretty fast)

BUT .. the zombies and killers are BORING you ? So how about THIS to change ALL our lives ...??....

So .. SECONDLY - As soon as GRENADES work properly the whole bandit thing will get much more interesting:

if you are holding a grenade with the pin out, and you drop it on the ground  (on purpose ...or by accident)  or if someone tries to handcuff you when the grenade is in your hand , OR you are  knocked out , or shot,  then you drop the grenade, and it GOES OFF

That would make "threatening confrontation" a whole level of more interesting... because then if you hold someone to gunpoint, or put a bag on their head, or break their leg and look through their inventory, how do you know he wsn't holding tight onto a FRAG  before you whacked him? .. and maybe he dropped it right at your feet because he figured he'e take you and your payday mates out with him first,... and, imagine,  when you and your mates stop your car to give that roadside dude a lift to Berezino.. . how do you know he's not carrying a frag that makes him the DayZ equivalent of a dynamite shirt ?? hu ?

If you DROP a live grenade for any reason it should definitely explode. (when you have it in your hand and you die, you go unconscious, maybe even if you have a knockdown shock.. or just because you LET it DROP at your feet.

THAT'S got to be more fun than feeding rotten fruit to some pasing guy and thinking of nasty bad things to say, to him.

Reply:

<<< Hey - You think torture is cool? so come on dude, hit me with the spade, see what I have in my HAND dude..>>>

AND in the meantime REMEMBER to tell the DEVS.. if you let go of a live grenade for any reason, it EXPLODES... ok ?? 

Wouldn't that scenario be FINE? Suddenly there would be worried bandits around, and worried military police patrols too, and worried campfire christians... And wouldn't that be great to get in that car with just your shorts and a shirt on, and tell them <<thanks for everything, and ....The Vybor Luminous Path Brigade says THIS ONE IS For you YA BASTARDS !! >>

xx pilgrim

Fantastic :D  :D  :D  I can't give you 3x beans, so have 1.

• Like 1

Considering how little many of you think of the average player, do you really want to get captured?

Since not everyone oblige to do as they are told and die on cue, and you can never know how good is your opponent, its no wonder that many feel that KOS is the prudent and safest way i.e. "when you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk"

Yes because just being killed is dull as shit, I can see the appeal to killing a geared up player somewhat, might be fun to destroy their hard earned gear and waste their time but someone who's best item is a stick...

Being tortured would be a lot more interesting than oh hey YOU ARE DEAD.

I'd love to get caught, get food poisoned and then somehow escape and survive, it would make that particular life a lot more interesting.

In all the times I've been killed by other players I have never remotely been a threat to them, besides a few YOLO moments at airfields. People say they need to shoot to be safe...what sense does that make when you're gunning down fresh spawns with a 75 round drum mag? If they were dangerous to you why play the game...

Show fresh spawns how mean the post apocalyptic world of Chernaus is, they don't learn anything if they're dead.