Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

So has there been a wipe yet or not?

I really want to play, but I keep hearing that there will be a wipe tomorrow. Some say it happened today. I have no idea. I just really want to know before I invest the time tonight as it's limited.

Well, at least for me, it happened and happened so damn hard, when i join the game i don't even have any clothes on me. Anything.

And it crashes after playing for 40 seconds.

How is that stopping you ? Just play the game and when the wipe comes, embrace it. 

• Like 2

You should log in and see if you're wiped or not. I mean, when you last logged are you sure you were safe? Even if the wipe hasn't happened yet, how do you know you're still geared?

parks-and-recreation-sometimes-when-i-po

• Like 5

I really want to play, but I keep hearing that there will be a wipe tomorrow. Some say it happened today. I have no idea. I just really want to know before I invest the time tonight as it's limited.

are you f'n serious?

you cant load and login to a server to see?

ass hat!

Edited by Inception.

What were you going to do if you died by KOS or some random bug? Jump off a cliff IRL? Slit your wrists? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Geez people its not hard to gear up in this GAME. I repeat. It's just a game. If you can't enjoy this game (bugs aside), and that includes dying, then perhaps this isn't the game for you. I would hate to be so attached to my gear that I was too paranoid to play. Wipe or not your character is going to die unless you live in a bush.

You live. You die. You respawn. You move on.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

Alot of people do not see the point in surviving only to be wiped. Most of my friends quit a month ago when they prematurely announced the wipe.

Guess it was our fault assuming this wipe was gonna happen a month ago. Now it's been so long were just having fun playing other games probably won't be back to dayz for quite awhile. Canceled our server subscription for now.

We don't play to die and investing any time in that survival seems fruitless if you're going to lose it at some unknown point in the future.

I get that some of you who say just play and embrace the wipe might not understand our playstyle, but dayz to us isn't fun knowing your stuff is for surely being deleted at some point.

Leaves the question of... What's the point we may as well wait.

My friends and I got together with another clan and had a battle royal as the hive was saying the wipe was last night. Everyone died, was fun. Wipes are part of alpha/beta, if your goal is to survive off the land forever you need to wait until the game is release from beta. Even then I'm sure there will be a wipe or two.

• Like 1

Alot of people do not see the point in surviving only to be wiped. Most of my friends quit a month ago when they prematurely announced the wipe.

Guess it was our fault assuming this wipe was gonna happen a month ago. Now it's been so long were just having fun playing other games probably won't be back to dayz for quite awhile. Canceled our server subscription for now.

We don't play to die and investing any time in that survival seems fruitless if you're going to lose it at some unknown point in the future.

I get that some of you who say just play and embrace the wipe might not understand our playstyle, but dayz to us isn't fun knowing your stuff is for surely being deleted at some point.

You know you're going to die IRL at some point? Does that prevent you from going outside, drive a car, cross the street? I understand players playing solo who don't dare to login because they fear to lose their gear but you said you have a group, finding gear in solo mode takes about one hour or two, with a group it's even easier. Launch that DayZ app, go back and fight, how much of your IRL days will you lose waiting for the game to be 1.0?

Just got an email from one of the developers of the game.

"The wipe will come some time soon" - Rocket

Probably once they nail down everything on experimental.

• Like 1

I really want to poop, but I keep worrying about the wipe.

JUST POOP BRO.

• Like 2

That indecision.

If i stay i'll die

If i go i'll die

better stay and have no fun ;)

keep in mind you'll probably still lose your character more times into the future to server restart bug or anomalous clothes zombies that steal them before getting back to the homepage, getting killed on logout, nudism.

If you're a new-spawn then it matters even less. Yes your gear will be lost when you get it, the pain of having to go and find more.  It's a hard life.  Not sure how you people plan to keep playing into the future, as this is a game feature haha (death and rebirth).

I really want to poop, but I keep worrying about the wipe.

JUST POOP BRO.

I believe "shit or get off the pot" is the expression, Grimey Rick! But you smelled and seemed to agree with what I was getting at - just play, don't worry about the wipe.

Listen up gang, there will likely be more wipes, this is a permadeath game, you shouldn't get attached to your gear, use it or lose it. Who really cares if there is a wipe coming? Go out and take some risks and have some fun. Live a little (or die a little). You're welcome!

it takes like an hour, maybe 2, to get everything you want, minus a couple specific items. wtf just play

During Beta/Alpha/RC you have no guarantee of keeping your character. And there will probably be a wipe when there is Full Release.

Rule #1 of DayZ, don't get too attached to your character/gear, weather that be because of getting killed or a wipe needed during development.

Come to svetlo. Stand in the town square and I'll make sure your character is wiped from about 300 meters away

Come to svetlo. Stand in the town square and I'll make sure your character is wiped from about 300 meters away

That's my city you're talking about. 

Day_Z_09_09_2014_17_30_18_991.jpg

Edited by General Zod

I love svetlo. I don't know why but it's just more fun there. I love to drop one man in a squad and move to another spot to get another. It's hide and go seek on steroids and crack

I love svetlo. I don't know why but it's just more fun there. I love to drop one man in a squad and move to another spot to get another. It's hide and go seek on steroids and crack

We would dug in and call our own snipers. But yes svetlo is way better than berezino

Edited by General Zod

During Beta/Alpha/RC you have no guarantee of keeping your character. And there will probably be a wipe when there is Full Release.

Rule #1 of DayZ, don't get too attached to your character/gear, weather that be because of getting killed or a wipe needed during development.

Random wipes are one thing. Announcing a wipe is also one thing. Perfectly acceptable in alpha and beta never said wipes were a problem, in fact we welcome them.

However anytime a wipe is announced, my group and I will get our fun out of what we have, go play kamikaze style until we are taken out, and wait for the wipe and start again. Cause like I said on a general basis we do not play kamikaze looking for fights.

So when delays happen and 3+ weeks go by we obviously get bored of waiting so we play other games.

Has nothing to do with gearing up, nothing to do with being attached to gear, and has nothing to do with being worried about losing a character.

We were waiting for the "hotfix" that was originally supposed to come out to fix persistent stuff on stable. Well after a couple weeks they then said it will be fixed with. 49 along with a stable branch wipe. we were like okay I guess we'll just keep waiting it should be next week or the week after.

Well it's been alot of weeks now. If we knew it was going to be a couple months from the time tents were released we may have not stopped playing, at least wouldn't have gone out In a blaze of glory so soon. Like I said our fault for assuming the wipe was going to be within a reasonable amount of time. But we did and just feel like we're in this limbo waiting for the update.

We're not mad, not upset, just bored of waiting and have moved on to a different game for awhile as clearly there has been speedbumps in the original plan.

You guys can't tell me that many many people have not done the same. We're just waiting it out, but the longer it goes the less we really care and the more we become invested in other entertainment.

My dota skills were lacking anyway I needed the refresher.

Ugg. Announcing that a wipe is coming is a terrible idea. I hope the devs learn to realize this. It seems people play differently (or not at all) knowing there's an incoming wipe around the corner. The community doesn't gain a thing and loses nothing by not knowing when the wipes are coming. Frustrating.

Ugg. Announcing that a wipe is coming is a terrible idea. I hope the devs learn to realize this. It seems people play differently (or not at all) knowing there's an incoming wipe around the corner. The community doesn't gain a thing and loses nothing by not knowing when the wipes are coming. Frustrating.

I agree, just fkn do it and give zero f**** about the whiners.

Jesus if some game developer goes "hey dude I'm just going to work, we're gonna be playing our development build today, you wanna come take a look?" most people would say yes.

That is what this is, nothing more.

Although seeing all the bs from various early access games, I'd have to say allowing ppl into alphas is probably just bad marketing in the long run.

Edited by AussieHunter