Foreign371

Why does everyone kill me?!

Well we just like different things, difference is that instead of accepting that this game enables all play styles, you come here trying to undermine someone else's choice. 

Actually, this is the stupid statement. That doesn't make COMBAT more skilled. Combat requiring more skill would require an opponent of equal or greater skill using the same equipment.

I don't kill bambies unless provoked, don't think of me as a coward who only strikes the weak and defenceless. 

As for non aggressive players. You want the interaction more than I do, not that I kill everything that moves, few days ago we took a girl hostage and took her for a trip to svetlo. I just enjoy the challenge of competing with other armed players. 

Well we just like different things, difference is that instead of accepting that this game enables all play styles, you come here trying to undermine someone else's choice. 

I don't kill bambies unless provoked, don't think of me as a coward who only strikes the weak and defenceless. 

As for non aggressive players. You want the interaction more than I do, not that I kill everything that moves, few days ago we took a girl hostage and took her for a trip to svetlo. I just enjoy the challenge of competing with other armed players. 

Finally a response without the bravado....

Unfortunately, I do perceive the prevailing KoS mentality to be low brow and unimaginative. Some choices require more sophisticated thinking than others, yes?

From the way you have described your style of gameplay I wouldn't immediately lump you in with that group.

Again, unfortunately, I imagine you wouldn't give me "a pass" if you saw me and found me to be a non-aggressive player either.

I don't often play hero but hypothetically, if you saw me helping a bambi by killing zeds, would you merely just kill all at a distance and move on even though you have nothing to gain apart from a little marksmanship practice?

If you observe me just picking off zeds from a treeline in a remote town, would you merely fire on me then?

Finally a response without the bravado....

Unfortunately, I do perceive the prevailing KoS mentality to be low brow and unimaginative. Some choices require more sophisticated thinking than others, yes?

From the way you have described your style of gameplay I wouldn't immediately lump you in with that group.

Again, unfortunately, I imagine you wouldn't give me "a pass" if you saw me and found me to be a non-aggressive player either.

I don't often play hero but hypothetically, if you saw me helping a bambi by killing zeds, would you merely just kill all at a distance and move on even though you have nothing to gain apart from a little marksmanship practice?

If you observe me just picking off zeds from a treeline in a remote town, would you merely fire on me then?

You misunderstand, you think of me as a mindless killer who kills all that move. I might let a single unarmed man live, if acts non hostile of if he like you said helps a bambie. I mostly kill those who seek combat or are hostile. Yes there is some collateral damage, but I try to avoid killing those who do not want to fight. 

• Like 1

I can sympathise with anyone who is trying to be a hero, or at least reasonably friendly, and keeps on falling prey to KOS players. Its been what most of my contact with other players has been like so far (except for one person who actually stopped to briefly chat). I dont want to be a bandit and it would be great to meet others who dont either.

So I got shot? While its depressing some people do KOS, respawning and working out where you are and gearing up to survive is one of the things that makes the game challenging (and fun).

Looking back, I suspect some of my earlier deaths were because I didn't have a working microphone (hopefully its working now) and its harder to suss someone out talking by text. I suspect some players are just cautious about trusting people who are typing as its harder to work out if they are OK or not. Some were I suspect because I was fully geared up in military clothes and running around with a rifle in my hand looking like I knew what I was doing when I didn't. Some were because I was just not being cautious enough and got sloppy. I have, what, only some 70 hours or so of play time under my belt so far. I have to learn somehow, and often it seems its by getting shot.

Having said that, it would still be nice to occasionally meet some other players who are happy to team up - but if and when it happens in game naturally it will be all the better because its a rare event for me.

• Like 1

As a person that's on the 50/50 of KoS it's sad but quite simple.

If there is any % that a player ( either spot or encountered ) could possibly take me out, they get dropped. Its simple. At the end of the day it's you or me.

However I do agree with those who do not kill fresh spawns, however those players have little to nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

They can be the most dangerous players if you encounter them face to face with an ax. Going back to aggression / wrong place wrong time, if I believe you can somehow take me out, you get dropped

Also what I have observed is most players seem to be less likely to KoS if they are in a group. They tend to be less cautious with the sometimes false 

comfort of #'s and will likely leave a fresh spawn alone.

That's my 2 cents on the subject. It's all about the aggression of the player/s, likelihood of attack, and if a player wants that gear  :)

I have been playing for a month now and whenever I get some gear I get to someone pretending to be friendly and shoots me! EVERY TIME! Why does anyone who is friendly even playing this game? This game is for monsters who kill everyone they see. It is not possible to be friendly in this game at all. By this time playing I only found one friendly person in the whole game who didnt try to kill me. 

It is possible to be friendly in this game - Its just harder to play that way. I am always friendly, I just get shot a lot. I wouldn't kill you, so obviously you have not met me yet. perhaps thats because I have been playing like a hermit and roughing it in the woods, occasionally venturing into a town for supplies. Im sure there are others like us that dont want to KOS and would rather team up or at least share some food and chat before moving on. Finding them is, it seems, a challenge. I have decided to stop playing like a hermit since I will probably never meet other friendly players that way and just take a few risks - the worst that can happen is that I die and start again.

ps. It took me three posts to realise that 'quote' means 'reply'. One learns from experience.

Soooo, if you have your heart set on constant geared PvP.... you'll "soon" find yourself playing the wrong game.

Nobody (at this point) can rightly say what the final balance of DayZ will play like but I am fairly confident it will not be a balance that favors constant KoS.

Don't kid yourself, KoS is still a choice and a lazy one in my opinion.

That same experience you rinse and repeat can be found in any number of games where you actually have real competition with the same weapons head to head.

Therein lies the sad fact, most people who PvP in DayZ are not interested in a skilled battle, but merely want to grief and have no patience to search for thier own gear..

I will give you two cans of beans if i could.. that is exactly how i see KoSers.

I have been playing for a month now and whenever I get some gear I get to someone pretending to be friendly and shoots me! EVERY TIME! Why does anyone who is friendly even playing this game? This game is for monsters who kill everyone they see. It is not possible to be friendly in this game at all. By this time playing I only found one friendly person in the whole game who didnt try to kill me. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road

• Like 1

Just kill everyone who tries to hide their face and you be save

Just dont get it all mixed up true bandits dont kos at all the gear damage was suppose to cut down on kjosing which it hasnt at all people are just kosing to be asswads and thats all if it was about gear they would simply rob u.Only time i kill someone is if they make a wrong move or my ingame 6th sense just kinda tells me too or im with my clan and we are just looking for a fight.Other than that i normally avoid people all together.

Topics like these remind me why I have the signature that I do. 

• Like 1

I would leave you unmolested and thank my lucky stars someone was distracting zeds for me. In fact, I did that just today.

• Like 1

For gear, for fun, for their ego, because they can. Simple.

That guy that killed me had M4, cevlar, and all that stuff and I just had a mosin and gasmask. I think he killed me just for fun.

Fell for the oldest trick in the book. 

I didnt fall for it. He was saying his legs are broken and that he was in the hangar. I was looking at the hangar with my scope from a building and I was telling him to get out with no weapons to make sure he wont kill me and he said that he passed out, so I wanted to peak into the hangar to see if he has guns or no. So I climbed down the building and he was behind the building and started shooting and killed me. And that he started yelling I GOT YOU and laughed like crazy psycho. And that is not the only time I tried to help someone and got killed. 

Where do you find 200 rounds of mosin ammo? I can't find a single round for my longhorn...

I played for 2 days and I did get to a Chernogorsk and I found a lot of ammo there cause no one has searched it before me.

Topics like these remind me why I have the signature that I do.

Quote from the guy whom gave the Nazis a lot of their propaganda. He was a sick, whinny, puny little nothing whom is rememberd for stupid misquotes, and their application.

Not the guy for me.

The majority of players kill on sight. The reason they do this is because the current game mechanics favor a kill on sight mentality. Look at things from this view, what incentive does the other player have in keeping you alive if they already have the drop on you?

- They can't trust you. They don't know who you are and just like you they've probably already been KOS'd several times themselves

- By teaming up with you, you're eating up half of their potential loot intake, essentially doubling their effort to gear up (assuming it's just two of you).

- zombies are quite rare and easy to dispatch solo so group play is unnecessary.

- If they feel they are already geared up they probably also feel there is nothing left to do in the game other than to kill other players, like you.

The only real reason to team up with someone is so they can watch your back against bandits, or to be a pack of bandits, however if you just met the person in the server they're most likely going to kill you, especially once you pickup an item that they desire.

If Bohemia truly wants the game to have a sense of realism then they need to shift the mechanics to reward cooperative play and lessen the benefits of bandit and/or lonewolf play style. I don't know if the developers ever intend to balance this, it's certainly been progressing in the opposite direction so I'd have to assume KOS is here to stay.

Edited by IIvIIozzie
  • Like 1

Gayme is PvE not PvP. People who kill others (me) have a mental condition. They need to learn to roleplay. Gume is not realistic at all, if they made it so cuddling someone would prevent freezing to death, then teamwork would be more valued.

Simply don't go to airfields alone, especially the NWAF since there is the Vybor issue. I rather kill people than reveal a weak spot and get shot myself. Been way too nice already and always got paid by beeing backstabbed.. unless I'm running with a group of my fellow clanmates and that way feel a bit more secure, I think egoistic. Even with a group it sometimes turns out to be weird.. just like 2 days ago when we went to Vybor with a group of 6 people on our own server to check for Bandits that slaughter the poor freshspawns there.. we ended up to collect about 6-7 other fresh spawns there and gave some food and clothing we had stored and even let the one guy with his blaze alive, as long as he didn't take it up. In the end another spawn k.o.'d that guy, took his blaze and killed one of our people. To be honest, that robs me/us the faith to be nice in general. Be it guys like him or another one that raised his pickaxe while beeing surrounded by 6 geared players. That's dayZ in its current form, learn to live with it or take measures against it by teaming up.

The majority of players kill on sight. The reason they do this is because the current game mechanics favor a kill on sight mentality. Look at things from this view, what incentive does the other player have in keeping you alive if they already have the drop on you?

- They can't trust you. They don't know who you are and just like you they've probably already been KOS'd several times themselves

- By teaming up with you, you're eating up half of their potential loot intake, essentially doubling their effort to gear up (assuming it's just two of you).

- zombies are quite rare and easy to dispatch solo so group play is unnecessary.

- If they feel they are already geared up they probably also feel there is nothing left to do in the game other than to kill other players, like you.

The only real reason to team up with someone is so they can watch your back against bandits, or to be a pack of bandits, however if you just met the person in the server they're most likely going to kill you, especially once you pickup an item that they desire.

If Bohemia truly wants the game to have a sense of realism then they need to shift the mechanics to reward cooperative play and lessen the benefits of bandit and/or lonewolf play style. I don't know if the developers ever intend to balance this, it's certainly been progressing in the opposite direction so I'd have to assume KOS is here to stay.

i agree with no cars or vehicles and clans needing supplys , tshirts rags sticks axe morphine you gonna get shot at

team member gets dead your walking 3 hours to meet up trapped in low loot towns trying low pop servers to travel across the map

;;;; yes we need cars in each major city to just stop this even if they only last long enough to travel half the map or so lol

Edited by friendlypilot