Foreign371

Why does everyone kill me?!

I got killed yesterday after saying hello to a person. It wasn't he who killed me but his friend who stood a bit back. Still, such a pointless and boring way to play the game. And I refuse to become one of them. I can understand people who want to play the shooting game and fighting it out with other players, trying out their "skills" but straight up murdering people is never going to be socially acceptable under any terms.

And to those who say that its your fault for dying because you didn't plan ahead and such, BULLSHIT!. This whole game revolves around social interaction, not psychosocial murdering sprees.

The whole thing is really really simple: If another player is non-hostile and doesn't threaten you, let him the fuck go.

Maybe the game needs a karma system? Giving you bonuses for helping others and giving you syphilis for killing newspawns.

I got killed yesterday after saying hello to a person. It wasn't he who killed me but his friend who stood a bit back. Still, such a pointless and boring way to play the game. And I refuse to become one of them. I can understand people who want to play the shooting game and fighting it out with other players, trying out their "skills" but straight up murdering people is never going to be socially acceptable under any terms.

And to those who say that its your fault for dying because you didn't plan ahead and such, BULLSHIT!. This whole game revolves around social interaction, not psychosocial murdering sprees.

The whole thing is really really simple: If another player is non-hostile and doesn't threaten you, let him the fuck go.

Maybe the game needs a karma system? Giving you bonuses for helping others and giving you syphilis for killing newspawns.

Mmm delicious tears. I kill everyone because why not? Sometimes, I if I have the drop on you already, and you seem... useful, like-minded, etc., I'll team up. I've met a few friends that way. Otherwise, you're a source of fresh rags if nothing else. Personally, I hope they add in cannibalism. 

Lol welcome to DayZ, the game that could be the best and most interesting experience ever in gaming if not for it's shitty community

Edited by DoctorBadSign

oh well at least you are finding peeps that are pretending to be friendly... I just get shot in the back of the head, no words no warning no reason. CoD at its finest.

Yeah, that is very much my experience too... 

As always, don't blame the community for your playing the game wrong. This is not a social network service, it's a pvpve game. Level your expectations accordingly.

Personally I don't even like people who run up to me with the usual "Hello! Friendly?" - bullet/axe to the face for that. Anyone who does things differently usually leaves alive. You got killed cause you deserved it, be it by being to naive or careless.

Edited by retro19

As always, don't blame the community for your playing the game wrong. This is not a social network service, it's a pvpve game. Level your expectations accordingly.

Personally I don't even like people who run up to me with the usual "Hello! Friendly?" - bullet/axe to the face for that. Anyone who does things differently usually leaves alive. You got killed cause you deserved it, be it by being to naive or careless.

Well, this is a social network service... you know.... a "forum". :P

Well, this is a social network service... you know.... a "forum". :P

I wasn't speaking about the forum, but the game (DayZ) - FYI, those are completely different things. Are you trolling? Or are you actually somehow "playing" the forum?

Look, I'll paraphrase my previous statement for you so you can grasp the concept ok?

"This DayZ is not a social network service, it's a pvpve game."

Get it?

Edited by retro19

I am waiting for RolePlay (Friendly) Server and Rules with online Admin like LS:RP (SAMP), There's no art in KOS.

If you want to be bandits, ACT like a bandit in game DO NOT KOS.

No other DeathMatch (PvP) Server in my favorite list. Act is an Art.

I hope there's more RP server than DM.

I wasn't speaking about the forum, but the game (DayZ) - FYI, those are completely different things. Are you trolling? Or are you actually somehow "playing" the forum?

Look, I'll paraphrase my previous statement for you so you can grasp the concept ok?

"This DayZ is not a social network service, it's a pvpve game."

Get it?

You see... people makes comments like this.. and then i get the ban.... whatever dude.

There's no art in KOS.

If you want to be bandits, ACT like a bandit in game DO NOT KOS.

No other DeathMatch (PvP) Server in my favorite list. Act is an Art.

I hope there's more RP server than DM.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Someone want to be a murdering SoB so he acts like a murdering SoB, he doesn't want to be a bandit. Deal with it or go play Sims. 

You see... people makes comments like this.. and then i get the ban.... whatever dude.

But he's right, you made a stupid remark about the forum being social network service, while his post was about the game. 
Edited by General Zod

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Someone want to be a murdering SoB so he acts like a murdering SoB, he doesn't want to be a bandit. Deal with it or go play Sims. 

But he's right, you made a stupid remark about the forum being social network service, while his post was about the game. 

A multi-player game isn't a "social network service" ? ... so many idiots in this forum.

Edited by Cpanther

A multi-player game isn't a "social network service" ? ... so many idiots in this forum.

No it's not, being social is not required, you can be a complete anti social asshole SoB. 

Playing the game wrong? Lol. I'm not saying anyone is playing the game wrong.

However the scope of what DayZ could become is limited because no one wants to communicate or cooperate with new people. Things like getting a group together with the aim of making a town safe for players on a server. I'd love to do that, but anyone I meet would kill me before I get to suggest it. The pvp element should never be removed, however I do wish players would expand their scope about what is possible in DayZ, even if it is just a tiny bit.

The fact that DayZ will always be limited in scope because the majority of the player base do not wish to engage with other players and try out new things is the fault of the community, and it is a tragedy because the possibilities as far as what this game might have to offer are vast, yet people will insist upon limiting them to staying a certain way because they only want to engage with others in a certain way. Those who are open to the possibilities just get shot by everyone else. 

No it's not, being social is not required, you can be a complete anti social asshole SoB. 

You can be anti-social if you want... but a multi-PLAYER game is a "social network service".. because... you... playing.. with... OTHER... people.

You can be anti-social if you want... but a multi-PLAYER game is a "social network service".. because... you... playing.. with... OTHER... people.

That's the online multiplayer part, social comes with socializing.

But let's not waste time on semantics. Game revolves around killing, and you have to accept that. 

• Like 1

That's the online multiplayer part, social comes with socializing.

But let's not waste time on semantics. Game revolves around killing, and you have to accept that. 

No... i don't have to accept that... but you should "accept" that the game is about survival, not just killing everything that move.

• Like 1

No... i don't have to accept that... but you should "accept" that the game is about survival, not just killing everything that move.

Your choice, however surviving does not exclude killing everyone. In fact it helps, you eliminate competitors for resources and potential threats.

Your choice, however surviving does not exclude killing everyone. In fact it helps, you eliminate competitors for resources and potential threats.

Ok i get it... so DayZ is an "anti-social network service".. they should put that in the game description, that way people won't get so confuse with the anti-social behaviour of people in this game.

Ok i get it... so DayZ is an "anti-social network service".. they should put that in the game description, that way people won't get so confuse with the anti-social behaviour of people in this game.

FFS 

DayZ is an do whatever the fuck you want service. Not what some whiner wants you because he wants his friendly interaction. 

• Like 1

FFS 

DayZ is an do whatever the fuck you want service. Not what some whiner wants you because he wants his friendly interaction. 

No one wants an idiot killing everything that move because is a CoD reject. 

Edited by Cpanther

No one wants an idiot killing everything that move because is a CoD reject. 

Well too fucking bad, in dayZ you don't get what you want. 

Edited by General Zod

Well too fucking bad, in dayZ you don't get what you want. 

I can't wait for the Private Hives...they are going to completely break the community into little pieces.. but at least that way we won't have to deal with people like you. 

Edited by Cpanther
  • Like 1

I can't wait for the Private Hives...they are going to completely break the community into little pieces.. but at least that way we won't have to deal with people like you. 

actually it's people like you who are annoying and not getting the game for what it is right now.

actually it's people like you who are annoying and not getting the game for what it is right now.

You mean.. the ALPHA version that the game is right now ?... yeah... i see what you mean...