DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

Anyone having trouble healing? I've been eating and drinking like it's my birthday, fully energised and hydrated but can't get the healing/healthy to come up. Screen is blurry as anything....

Weirdly, my FPS is increased when everything is set to high.  Medium to low settings and it's a juddering mess.  Stick everything to high/very high, it's just about playable.

I have been exploring the large sprawling section above Cernaya Polana and have not seen a single zombie.

Not one.

I thought I heard one yesterday....

Lots of boxes of 9mm and some 00 buck boxes.

Piles of 7.62x39 but no boxes of those.

I had one pile of 19 in my inventory and then found a single round on a table. :P

Not a single round of .45 ACP anywhere in that entire area.

Medical supplies were scant.

It looked like someone had server hopped to the police station there as no other building was touched in the "city" yet that one building was doors open, looted. :/

Edit: I did finally find 2 boxes of 7.62x39

My sick status that I thought was from accidentally eating bad bacon has disappeared.

I'm not sure if food poisoning will go away with time but my character wasn't puking or coughing and only once did it say, "your stomach hurts badly" or something like that.

I did only notice that i was "cured" directly after being hit by a zombie.

I was thinking it was possible that healing from the melee attack glitched the sick status away.

Of course within 20 minutes of realizing i was healthy again, i found charcoal....

I'm being completely snuck up on by zombies like never before. I tried going zombie hunting with my new found ammo stash and got backstabbed by a silent military zombie.

The bug where we get hit from super far away or after the zombies are dead is bothersome.

Edited by BioHaze

First, if you regularly play exp then you know that exp is often not nearly as smooth a ride as stable. I've encountered a problem like we have now several times in software development:

- Component A gets changed in "how it looks and is used externally" (ripping out stuff and replacing it with other stuff, variable changes, synchronisation changes where that has to be done elsewhere...) 

- Component B uses A or is used by A and is adjusted accordingly

- Something breaks and you have to look for it

=> BOOM!!!  Somehow all is messed up

Software components are not interchangeable like lego blocks. That is close to what is often described here as "fixing or adding something and breaking something else". Especially as long as completely new components are added, this will happen regularly.

A POSSIBILITY is that something like above happened with melee. Now there was a lot of other stuff added and melee, while sucky, is workable. I don't know but I think I did not read about the crashes every few minutes some are seeing in experimental, so maybe they decided to push all the stuff to stable to see how the loot respawning works on a larger larger userbase with chars that play more regularly there and don't just look for an hour, what's new in exp. And maybe experimental was needed for testing even newer things. If I remember correctly we got a new exp just days after the stable update. Lots of possibilities. And remember, I'm speculating here, I don't know.

Btw, I played exp last night and had no problem hitting zeds, don't know if it is fixed or I just got used to it, did not find too many zeds.

EDIT: After reading the exp thread, I think I just got used to melee, ppl say it's not fixed.

EDIT2: Melee is transfered from scripted into the game. So it's a complete redone thing and is acting up now. At least that's what I read - don't remember where.

Experimental should have never been pushed to stable with the LMB glitch, there is just no reasoning for it. it was fine before, it was broke in experimental and they pushed it to stable anyways.

Because if they don't the community will bitch and scream about how we didn't get an update. So it's either release a buggy version and get yelled at, or wait until it's ready and get yelled at. Both of the options suck, so they might as well release it so it can keep at least some people occupied while they iron things out. 

who is yelling at them?  i can't understand your reasoning, releasing a game breaking update pleases nobody.

My sick status that I thought was from accidentally eating bad bacon has disappeared.

I'm not sure if food poisoning will go away with time but my character wasn't puking or coughing and only once did it say, "your stomach hurts badly" or something like that.

I was thinking it was possible that healing from the melee attack glitched the sick status away.

Of course within 20 minutes of realizing i was healthy again, i found charcoal....

If I remember correctly and if nothing changed with light and medium food poisioning, and Merino Dayz's infos in his sickness video are still correct (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A29-75325kg&list=UU9YSGX22B6Z3k9-hJzJcz4w), then you don't neccessarily puke with light food poisioning. Watch the vid to make sure, my memory has been known to forget some things from time to time.

Sickness has its stages with their duration. There is no sickness that you can not pull through if you stay on high regeneration. You fight blood loss with your regeneration and will not die. With chemical poisioning (disinfectant) health will also fall until your blood is full again, so a single zed hit might mean the end. Merino DayZ made a vid where he drinks disinfectant showing his blood and health in a graph the whole time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Pv7aHefyI&list=UU9YSGX22B6Z3k9-hJzJcz4w It is obvious that the char would not survive a paper cut with such low health, but he does not simply fall over dead with high regeneration.

I tested eating burned meat and got medium food poisioning. I got pretty grey there for quite a while, not really a problem, but avoid firefights.

Charcoal will let you jump over all stages directly to the last one of the sickness I think (not with chemical poisioning).

Take into account that I watched those vids months ago and I might recall some things wronly or they might have changed.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Interesting, noted.

actually..  yes indeed, i was

8)

also, i am too lazy to read nearly 20 pages..at least now

Just glance the change log real quick, it's one of the first ones listed. ;)

^the only blades i have seen are kitchen knives.

No bayonets, or combat knives seen that I can recall.

^the only blades i have seen are kitchen knives.

No bayonets, or combat knives seen that I can recall.

Just found two sks bayonets.

I found all the bayonets and every bladed item other then a combat knife, where as you can attach a combat knife to military boots, it'd be nice to have one

• Like 1

I've broke my leg when sniper shot me, i was on the apartments and after i log out and log in after some time i fell from the floor and i am trapped into a building, down on ground level.....

Any suggestion how to deal with this? I have no rags or sticks so i cant do that trick with v and logging out. 

Can devs help me somehow?

I have to say I was excited when the news of .47 was coming to stable. Much of it is welcome additions. But I have had terrible luck with the melee bug in .47 stable. For me it is not a rare issue. Is there going to be a hot fix or small patch to correct this? Currently I pretty much stopped playing until I see a fix. Is there any priority to correct this?

The melee bugs I have seen allot of is the one were you try to swing and nothing happens, and also the one were melee aiming is completely off. For me it happens more often then not. For me melee is the primary way to kill zombies, its a vary nec part of the game that just isn't working that well.

Edited by CJFlint

I have to say I was excited when the news of .47 was coming to stable. Much of it is welcome additions. But I have had terrible luck with the melee bug in .47 stable. For me it is not a rare issue. Is there going to be a hot fix or small patch to correct this? Currently I pretty much stopped playing until I see a fix. Is there any priority to correct this?

The melee bugs I have seen allot of is the one were you try to swing and nothing happens, and also the one were melee aiming is completely off. For me it happens more often then not. For me melee is the primary way to kill zombies, its a vary nec part of the game that just isn't working that well.

I have no link for it but I'm pretty sure they were going to issue a hotfix for that this Wednesday unless that was for something else ? Hopefully it will be a big patch of hot fixes addressing all issues in experimental (and stable ) and when .48 is pushed to stable they will add a bunch of surprises in terms of content :) .

• Like 1

I have no link for it but I'm pretty sure they were going to issue a hotfix for that this Wednesday unless that was for something else ? Hopefully it will be a big patch of hot fixes addressing all issues in experimental (and stable ) and when .48 is pushed to stable they will add a bunch of surprises in terms of content :) .

That's sounds like good news, if it corrects the melee bug. 

If by surprises you mean things they "forgot" to add to the changelog :p

I haven't played for the last 4 weeks (vacation)  but my performance seems to have gone to shit... Low fps on low settings, while I used to get 30 - 50, now its in the low 20s... Anyone else having this issue? Models (like trees/bushes etc) seem to load slowly as well :(

What's the range of your view distance?

Edited by Karakoz

Last night, I carried an SKS on my back and one with a PU in my hands. Dropped the one on my back for a friend, removed the other from my hands to make sure that it goes to my back and BAM, scope gone :(. Don't think that happened to me before. Relogging did not change this.

Edited by bautschi