DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

Hey,

i have two points, which are kinde wired:

1. weaponsway when you look down scope is like it was before .46, impossible to hit with the mosin on a range of 400+. is this a bug or is it a feature?

2. and this is the point, which is very wired: i killed a guy with a m4 and took it. this m4 has a mp buttstock and an acog. i can easily kill people at 200-300 meter with hipfire! It is so damn accurate now, when u shoot with hipfire the bullet spray is like <1 meter on a range of 200 meter even if you spray the target.

its harder to kill with the acog then with hipfire at 300+

1. It's a change, most likely temporary.

2. Yeah, this probably will be a subject of change sooner or later.

Just imagine that the weapon handling and balancing is not in it's final state yet.

Has anyone else noted this? If holding a weapon in your hand and you go prone, the weapon will be thrown first?

I had that moment, "What the hell you doing moron."

Bump

what is the acutal point of experimental if you are just releasing experimental to stable even if it's no where near stable and has glaring, game breaking bugs?

First, if you regularly play exp then you know that exp is often not nearly as smooth a ride as stable. I've encountered a problem like we have now several times in software development:

- Component A gets changed in "how it looks and is used externally" (ripping out stuff and replacing it with other stuff, variable changes, synchronisation changes where that has to be done elsewhere...) 

- Component B uses A or is used by A and is adjusted accordingly

- Something breaks and you have to look for it

=> BOOM!!!  Somehow all is messed up

Software components are not interchangeable like lego blocks. That is close to what is often described here as "fixing or adding something and breaking something else". Especially as long as completely new components are added, this will happen regularly.

A POSSIBILITY is that something like above happened with melee. Now there was a lot of other stuff added and melee, while sucky, is workable. I don't know but I think I did not read about the crashes every few minutes some are seeing in experimental, so maybe they decided to push all the stuff to stable to see how the loot respawning works on a larger larger userbase with chars that play more regularly there and don't just look for an hour, what's new in exp. And maybe experimental was needed for testing even newer things. If I remember correctly we got a new exp just days after the stable update. Lots of possibilities. And remember, I'm speculating here, I don't know.

Btw, I played exp last night and had no problem hitting zeds, don't know if it is fixed or I just got used to it, did not find too many zeds.

EDIT: After reading the exp thread, I think I just got used to melee, ppl say it's not fixed.

EDIT2: Melee is transfered from scripted into the game. So it's a complete redone thing and is acting up now. At least that's what I read - don't remember where.

Edited by bautschi

Update or Hotfix today ?

And please where is the time multiplier ? WAS IT A BIG FAKE ? Or 50.000.000$ was not enough to fix it ? 

Time Multiplier on 0.44   Link here  -->  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/187821-changelog-stable-branch-044123800/   

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.44.123800

Started by Hicks_206Apr 23 2014 11:38 AM

3 weeks ago i send email to Bohémia for this option and BIS repley :

*************************************************************************************

Hello,

we are sorry, but setting a different number for time multiplier is
currently not allowed.

Best regards,

Dominik Flandera
Bohemia Interactive

Youhou !!! Annonced in april and we are in August !!!  

And

Is this to difficult to take items out of the helicrash and set spawning in another place so we can play with M4 and grenarde ? i thinks yes or no using brains !

And if you remove or disable options for bugs you can disable or remove:

- The suppressor for sound bugs

- The tape that are total useless

- And all the other itms taht are useless

Edited by SmashT

So basically no Hot fix lol

No Update today, since they wern't able to push to experimental with the desired fixes yesterday as QA caught an issue. Nothing is pushed to stable today. Will be next Wednesday now for stable.(and experimental today)

No Update today, since they wern't able to push to experimental with the desired fixes yesterday as QA caught an issue. Nothing is pushed to stable today.

BOOOO :(    (thanks for update)

Has there been any news on time multiplier or u all just given up with that?  As i would really like some more server option for my expensive server

BOOOO :(    (thanks for update)

Has there been any news on time multiplier or u all just given up with that?  As i would really like some more server option for my expensive server

No news afaik, probably just needs more work and there are other priorities atm.

Thanks for respecting your clients !!! my message is removed COOL

Paid the game for this SUPER THANKS

Respect works both ways, in your original post you were shouting/berating/ the devs, since it's been edited I've unhidden it. As explained numerous times, criticism is allowed, but do it in a respectful manner, you paying for the game doesn't give you the right to be rude and attack the integrity of the development team.

I can't wait to see what's on the stable update next Wednesday (as there's usually surprises here and there), as soon as the update is done for experimental im gonna hop on and check her out :)...

Oh and to the dude that I had to kill at the northeast airfield last night trying to hide in that pile of loot / dead body : I'm sorry things didn't work out lol I tried talking to you , next time remember that I can still see your elbows cuz you were only hiding behind one body silly lol :9.. can't remember server name but when you enter, the server message says :" let's take a trip to Africa" lol damn toto.

sorry guys if im not supposed to post this here but i found a bug i dont think its known if this is not where i post bug finds someone please redirect me but i found a CR527 mag and sprayed it with black paint and it turned into an after market mag for AK series

sorry guys if im not supposed to post this here but i found a bug i dont think its known if this is not where i post bug finds someone please redirect me but i found a CR527 mag and sprayed it with black paint and it turned into an after market mag for AK series

http://feedback.dayzgame.com

Search first though as most bugs are probably already submitted.

• Like 1

That one is not only known, but also already fixed internally, friend. No need to submit it any longer ;)

That one is not only known, but also already fixed internally, friend. No need to submit it any longer  ;)

Are the hélicrashs and the suppressor fixed in ternal ?

Edited by ProTECK

Are the hélicrashs and the suppressor fixed in ternal ?

What do you mean with "fixed"? Well if they decided that other things are more pressing or if they may think they still need a bit of work, then they decided so. If you mean "fixed" in a sence of *no one needs to touch that ever again* - probably not.

Why are you so impatient? Good solutions solutions sometimes need time. And i regards of the supressor - I dont think its the biggest issue right now.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

That one is not only known, but also already fixed internally, friend. No need to submit it any longer ;)

I hope you can say the same thing about duping ;)

I hope you can say the same thing about duping ;)

I'm afraid those two things are fundamentally different. But yeah.. :)

This is a good update. Even if melee isn't working well, you can still kill zombies. We have seen much worse! Can't wait for SMERSH stuff.

-_-

Sorry, didna mean to derail....

More zombies, yay.

I've never seen the neverending stream of spawning zeds glitch.

I have seen a consistent 3-4 zombies for every maybe 8-12 houses or so.

It's enough that currently, if you have a firearm, you can handle things on your own if you stay alert.

I have been chased by an invisible zombie.

I have been hit by a zombie underneath me through the floor (construction site).

The pathfinding seems to be working pretty well in most regards. I was able to stiff arm past a few zombies that had followed me into a building and exit to disappear into the woods before they could follow out of the building, as it "should be" (IMO).

Damage tables for items and character damage seem pretty reasonable to me.

Loot tables seem strange or my luck has been strange. I found 4 mosins and 4 double rifles but never found ammo for them over 5 hours. Eventually I found and FNX and 23 rounds, and an SKS which I was carrying 40 rounds for in case I found one....

This update feels the most like the mod to me, to date.

Really exciting developments (pun)!

Thanks!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MOAR

Had the chance to play a few hours yesterday, overall good update! 

Only thing you guys could warn me about is the default key for throwing is "G". That one is my "gear" key so the first thing that happened when I logged in and wanted to check my gear, I threw away my AK :|

Took me a few seconds to figure out what happened lol

Keep up the good work guys! :)