DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

yes, at the end, but there is no guarantee for it during the development process,

Exactly this .. It's kinda sad to see some people who post on the forums a lot starting to rage about stupid little things like "zombies are too hard " "I r can't melee " "game freeze cuz i3 processer " .. I mean come on guys you're acting as if all of a sudden just because more updates are coming rapidly that each one is going to be perfectly configured , which is wrong ...

There will always be "game breaking" bugs in early access alpha so If you guys can't handle it there's not much to be said cuz I know for a fact the devs aren't going to give in to such whining considering these issues are going to be hammered out in one of the next patches (zombie hit boxes / constant freezing for lower end computers)... We all know these things are temporary yet most of us act as if the devs want to make us suffer with these bugs( or that the devs are "unprofessional" which is laughable because everyone that says that is back to loving this game as soon as the bug they hated gets fixed ) .

some of us are too needy , or too entitled because they spent 30 bucks , in my opinion we already got our money's worth , if the devs just stopped working now then it wouldn't be worth the 30 but that's not the case .

Sorry guys I like you all when you're not all complainy and stuff but if you wanna feel cheated by a games progress please go follow h1z1 s reddit feed and tell me when it finally comes out in a few months (if that) if you're happy with the bugs and progression . Cuz you won't be and there will be ten times more of them at a 2 times slower pace I'm assuming .

TL:dr : let's appreciate dayz for what it is and deal with its bugs unless you wanna wait for some other survival game to get big which in my opinion none of them have the same quality of detail and none of them will be near dayzs quality anytime soon , not to mention the months of game breaking bugs you'll have to deal with in that early access when it comes out .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

I lost my one drum mag on a panic reload

Yeah is that supposed to happen? I accidentally switched from a drum to a 30 and the drum was just gone, had like 73 rounds in it...wasn't on the ground or in my inventory at all.

Kind of stupid when it's so easy a thing to do by accident, especially with a mouse wheel.

I really hope they change the bleeding soon. If you have a big thick jacket on how is a zombie slapping you making your arms bleed? As far as I can see, they don't have claws.

How do you slap someone so hard their skin bursts open?

I think they should just add a type of zombie with some sort of claws, or maybe somewhat smart ones who use knives and beyond that give others a 20% chance of causing bleeding if you don't have thick clothes on, it's just too much currently.

I appreciate the game and understand it's an alpha but you can't fault people for being upset when they spend so many hours in the game and something crappy happens. When you reach for a cookie and always get your hand slapped, there's only so many times you want to keep reaching for that cookie.

I hate when die or get killed but half the fun is gearing your character up from nothing so I take it with a grain of salt when I spawn on a roof or see a zombie launching at me as a spawn in with the old "you are dead" coming up again. It's always an adventure to see what you find and where.

My favorite death (sic) was one of my first deaths when I spawned in, got insta whacked by a zed wrecking my first aid kit. No biggie, I'm in the middle of Krasno. I disposed of the zombie and wandered all of the town bleeding without a single piece of fabric to be found for a rag. That was my first and only bleed out death. I was able to find my body after a respawn but could not access any of my inventory. I just stared at my pristine M4 and gear, unable to loot any of it. :(

TL:dr : let's appreciate dayz for what it is and deal with its bugs unless you wanna wait for some other survival game to get big which in my opinion none of them have the same quality of detail and none of them will be near dayzs quality anytime soon , not to mention the months of game breaking bugs you'll have to deal with in that early access when it comes out .

The issue isn't the bugs or anything like that.

The issue is that they put it to "stable" like that, if it's broken as shit, keep it in experimental until it's playable it doesn't have to be perfect but riddle out the game breaking stuff as best as possible.

People play "stable" expecting it to be stable, as stable as an alpha can be but it's often not.

I mean it makes no sense people moan and moan for them to push things to stable and they don't bother for months but then sometimes they rapidly do and it's broken, I'd rather they wait months until game breaking stuff is out or just push out broken ones all the time, currently you never know which it's going to be. On either side some consistency would be nice.

As for the part I quoted, a certain game would like a word with you.

I hate when die or get killed but half the fun is gearing your character up from nothing so I take it with a grain of salt when I spawn on a roof or see a zombie launching at me as a spawn in with the old "you are dead" coming up again. It's always an adventure to see what you find and where.

I too enjoy that but when you've put like 200 hours in to one guy and you die because of some stupid thing, how can people not expect you to be annoyed at all that effort being wasted. Out of the people who say it's stupid to complain, I'm willing to bet none of them have been killed in a BS manner at 200 hours or more without raging.

All I want is good hitboxes so melee stops being a goddamn lmb spam lotery lol. But this game is fine Imo, very fun for an alpha.

BUT FIX MELEE/HITBOXES PREASE

Well I'm sorry to say ultimate gentlemen but my stable experience has been just that , very stable

And for you to assume that we (the ones not complaining) have never been killed by a glitch youre dead wrong . We just handle it better and believe me I have 687 hours of playing through these glitches but after months of dying to ladders , glitches , Desync and invisible zombies I've realized to not sweat it at all. Most people who are aggravated just have No faith in the devs abilities to fix bugs , and I only say that because they assume that these bugs will never be fixed , which they are just not at the rate people being affected by it want ...

So please let's just report the bugs , if youre really tiffed by a bug that keeps happening to you then play the game differently so it doesn't affect you (meaning stay away from zombies ) or just stop playing the game until that bug is fixed within the next couple weeks ( this is early access and unfortunately certain people just get more bugs than others) .

So ultimately you can understand the battle and just be patient and know that your patience will be rewarded , or you can be extremely frustrated and exacerbate it by being angered and demanding certain bugs (that only drastically affect some) to be fixed . I've wanted things changed right away as well but i realize the devs have a good head on their shoulders and they aren't here to take our money and forget about the game , they're here to finish the game they love and started in the first place, but some bugs will take longer than others to be Smashed (and some are reoccurring) .

TL;dr : have patience young padawans, stable was stable enough for me and my clan to play til 4 am this morning and have a ton of fun :) .

• Like 2

Well I'm sorry to say ultimate gentlemen but my stable experience has been just that , very stable

And for you to assume that we (the ones not complaining) have never been killed by a glitch youre dead wrong . We just handle it better and believe me I have 687 hours of playing through these glitches but after months of dying to ladders , glitches , Desync and invisible zombies I've realized to not sweat it at all. Most people who are aggravated just have No faith in the devs abilities to fix bugs , and I only say that because they assume that these bugs will never be fixed , which they are just not at the rate people being affected by it want ...

So please let's just report the bugs , if youre really tiffed by a bug that keeps happening to you then play the game differently so it doesn't affect you (meaning stay away from zombies ) or just stop playing the game until that bug is fixed within the next couple weeks ( this is early access and unfortunately certain people just get more bugs than others) .

So ultimately you can understand the battle and just be patient and know that your patience will be rewarded , or you can be extremely frustrated and exacerbate it by being angered and demanding certain bugs (that only drastically affect some) to be fixed . I've wanted things changed right away as well but i realize the devs have a good head on their shoulders and they aren't here to take our money and forget about the game , they're here to finish the game they love and started in the first place, but some bugs will take longer than others to be Smashed (and some are reoccurring) .

TL;dr : have patience young padawans, stable was stable enough for me and my clan to play til 4 am this morning and have a ton of fun :) .

great post! this 200%

u are my man

I can confirm LMB bug issues.  Hit a zombie with a firefighter ax, saw blood, didn't kill the zombie.  Tried to hit him again and my character wouldn't even swing, tried switching to a gun, still nothing when I click.  Logged out got stuck on the black "please wait" screen after the server join cool down expired, so I exited again and tried to log back in again only to experience the same result.  Third time trying to login, I waited until I knew the cool down wasn't active anymore and logged in successfully.  Since the devs have decided that a character logging in HAS to be in the standing position and MUST be visible by other players for 20 seconds before they can be controlled, I was dead.

Lost all my gear, it happens, it's the nature of the game.  When I respawned with the standard gear, I was lucky enough to find a firefighter ax, first zombie I try to kill with it causes LMB to stop working, again.....  So as it stands with 0.47 as far as I can tell, feel lucky if you can melee a zombie and actually kill it.

Well you're just unfairly lucky :P

And yeah to the rest of that I didn't mean everyone not complaining but most people who complain about other people complaining in any way.

It can be annoying to see people like "Urgh I just lost all my stuff I hate this game" all over the forum constantly, but it's easy to see why they get annoyed.

Even if shit is going to get fixed eventually it's annoying having all your effort wasted.

Like imagine you just built a shed by yourself and you stand there proud of your achievement, and then suddenly it gets blown up in such a way that only it and nothing else is destroyed or damaged.

Beyond confused, you would be mad right?

Even though people no doubt had similar rage over their characters being wiped or whatever at some point they're a bit harsh towards people experiencing it for the first time, which is dumb.

People play "stable" expecting it to be stable, as stable as an alpha can be but it's often not.

I mean it makes no sense people moan and moan for them to push things to stable and they don't bother for months but then sometimes they rapidly do and it's broken, ...

First they should have never called it stable and experimental but something like wonky-alpha and extreme-testing or so.

If you look back when there were no updates, it was the time shortly after they expanded the dev team so extremely and bought that studio (or more). I interpret the lack of updates in that phase as additional time put into getting those new up to date. The last weeks we saw a lot of updates, even if a lot is not working that great yet, I think persistance, first introduction of the navmesh and loot spawning as well as other things were big ones. I interpret that as the new devs finally starting to pay off. But that is just speculation. I'm impressed of what they all pushed out there the last weeks, even if a lot is not working that great yet.

The melee currently is annoying, but we will almost surely get such things again, I fear. Maybe they even pushed it to see how we react to something like that. Might be interesting for them... . The sad truth is that many who did should not have bought the game in this phase. I saw it as a gamble and investment into the future, but as there is basically no other game I play besides DayZ currently, it is frustrating sometimes to remind one self that it is not really a game yet and work around the problems.

Edited by bautschi

Ok we needed more zombies I know but this is taking the '#'#'# went to zelengorsk from went down main street from top to bottom of the town and had well over 100 zombies attack, used all of my AKM ammo and had to resort to a pistol in the end. Switched to make a new hardcore char, zombies spawn on top of each other while fighting, I found a creeper, attacked him and pulled him back a bit from where he was stood then mid fight two more pop on the point where he had been and attack also. It is sooo hard to do anything with a new character as melee is so broken atm.

Forget persistent loot, get the basics working first, forget adding more weapons, get melee fixed, get zombie behaviour fixed then add the polish.

I dont have problem with zombie numbers, or the way they spawn or aggro, but damn desync is realy something they should consider fixing next. And pathfinging works worst than when it was first on experimental. Why they make one step forward and three steps backward???

also, one other thing i wanted to mention - zombies seem to respawn super fast, dont think they should even respawn IMO.

just add a lot more at the beginning and no respawn I think makes more sense. or at the very least, increase the respawn timer - 10 second respawns is lame!

If there is really such a big problem out there (not only in your clan), a hotfix for the problem would be good.

But "i just want to make shure that at least the game we have paid runs smooth" ... wrong expectations at this point? Btw not one person I played with or I talked to (about 10) did mention such crashes. Strange that 80% or more of your group have such trouble... . I would really like to know the reason for such a thing. Are you all from one country and could it be a regional problem like language settings (doubt it)? Can't think of anything else...

Do you guys dupe and use hacks? Just asking.

• Like 1

Do you guys dupe and use hacks? Just asking.

I guess you mean the guy from the clan with all those problems I answered to.

I have now also found out that DayZ is currently crashing for one of our guys - or he just wants to take a break and uses it as an excuse ;). We don't dupe. I would be careful about making such a connection, it sounds really far fetched, at least for me. What I would like to see is all processor, motherboard and graphics card combinations of those with constant crashes, but getting that is an illusion. Everyone here always posts how performance went up or down but no one posts hardware specs when doing that... .

Edited by bautschi

I've never had a problem that I couldn't work around until now.

Crashing to desktop reliably every 5-15 minutes.

I tried experimental branch and rolling back my graphics driver to no avail.

*sigh*

I've been able to deal with every issue that's been thrown at me, including the zombies. No big deal. The LMB bug is a killer, though. I can't believe it hasn't gotten me killed yet. It used to be once in a while but the frequency seems to be ramping up  :o

Edited by Tatanko

Been like that since last patch.

I really don't see the point in the CR, why can't they just have magazines for things spawn in non military areas?

There are UAZ/Jeeps, mags of all kinds spawn there. Just not the 75rnd drum mags and m4a1 mags. And they can be found all over.

I've never had a problem that I couldn't work around until now.

Crashing to desktop reliably every 5-15 minutes.

I tried experimental branch and rolling back my graphics driver to no avail.

*sigh*

Yep same for me, game is unplayable atm

The issue isn't the bugs or anything like that.

The issue is that they put it to "stable" like that, if it's broken as shit, keep it in experimental until it's playable it doesn't have to be perfect but riddle out the game breaking stuff as best as possible.

I mean it makes no sense people moan and moan for them to push things to stable and they don't bother for months but then sometimes they rapidly do and it's broken, I'd rather they wait months until game breaking stuff is out or just push out broken ones all the time, currently you never know which it's going to be. On either side some consistency would be nice.

As for the part I quoted, a certain game would like a word with you.

I too enjoy that but when you've put like 200 hours in to one guy and you die because of some stupid thing, how can people not expect you to be annoyed at all that effort being wasted. Out of the people who say it's stupid to complain, I'm willing to bet none of them have been killed in a BS manner at 200 hours or more without raging.

Keep in mind that most games would not even be open to the public to play at this stage. The fact that you can play dayz standalone early access alpha at all is a plus. You get to be part of the dev process, experience features as they evolve and see first hand what is being added to make up the game.

Personally I've died many times to game breaking bugs, invis zombies, silent zombies, zombies attacking through walls, fall bug, loss of character through no action at all, been killed by bambis when not looking. practically everything and I couldn't give a damn.

its alpha, they warn even when you boot up stable, that you will experience game breaking bugs. and you click 'I accept' every time you play.

its alpha, they warn even when you boot up stable, that you will experience game breaking bugs. and you click 'I accept' every time you play.

Yeah but don't call it "stable" when it's still got major game breaking stuff in it at least. Stable suggests totally playable, maybe buggy but your session won't be ruined but then it is.

As for the CR mags it's still a civilian gun mags for it should spawn in houses, why do the military even have mags for it when they'd no doubt have better guns? Seems kind of silly.

The Mosin is easier to find and can always hold 5 rounds and is plenty powerful, there's no real need to even pick up a CR unless you have buckets of ammo for it already and are sure you won't find a Mosin.

But even then if you find an SKS, CR goes in the trash can unless you just like it.

For me,there is no problems to kill zombies.I have firefighter's axe and in most times its one hit to kill them (just trie to hit  'em from sides or from behind, I think its imposible to make hit when they are facing you). Only thing that makes me angry is when one zombies hit from my pristine Gorka military jacket make ruined Gorka military jacket,and half of items inside are ruined.In past 2-3 days I changed 5-6 military jackets,shirts,vests...It's easy in fields or forests where you can see running zombie from miles,but If I am in town, in 90 % cases I don't hear zombie until it hits me (they are just not making any sounds). And they are still walking through walls...So in my opinion, right now they are more annoying and buged than dangerous...

Edited by Disko ninja

Besides just a bit of lag, I really have no issues. I've had the thing where I cant shoot or attack once, lost some equipment when I logged on but other then that, nothing but a crash here and there but that was usually when exiting a server. 

I like that the zombies are getting harder and tougher. It makes just being able to loot more dangerous. Shooting a weapon has them coming for you, like it should be. It kinda makes me giggle when I hear guys whining like lil bitches about getting nailed by a zed yet they dont hunker down and move quiet or do anything to scout out there surroundings. To alot of people, zeds are just in their way to loot and PKing. To me they are an equalizer.

BTW, my system: Core 2 Quad Extreme CPU, 8GB ram, ASUS Nvidia 570 DCii Video card, Asus Maximus Formula II Mobo and an SSD main drive. Its older but is a workhorse. I first built it in 2009 and upgraded some components a year and a half ago. 

Yeah but don't call it "stable" when it's still got major game breaking stuff in it at least. Stable suggests totally playable, maybe buggy but your session won't be ruined but then it is.

pretty sure they call it stable because its slightly less buggy than experimental - now I am pretty sure we are all aware of what alpha release games are and I am pretty sure the "don't buy this game" disclaimer goes out to everyone that plays it and I am also pretty sure that in the contents of that disclaimer is the abject warning that the alpha version may not be playable considering that it may contain game breaking bugs. having said all that... I do not recall any information from any official sources that make the claim that stable is a playable version, in fact the reverse seems to be the actual case.