SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

However on stable  I tested this by finding a chicken coop that is most certainly on it's own grid.

Testing or Exploiting ?

Meh. I was hoping to update today at work before I play this evening, but oh well. Back to running around in 0.47!

Anybody have any idea what we should be expecting in an initial 0.48 build? I very much doubt that there will be map changes at all since Senchi has been on vacation, but I'm wondering if there will be any other new content. I would be perfectly content with them doing a round of fixes for all of the things that were broken in 0.47 (and re-adding persistence), but then that would just be an improved 0.47... not really a 0.48.

Meh. I was hoping to update today at work before I play this evening, but oh well. Back to running around in 0.47!

Anybody have any idea what we should be expecting in an initial 0.48 build? I very much doubt that there will be map changes at all since Senchi has been on vacation, but I'm wondering if there will be any other new content. I would be perfectly content with them doing a round of fixes for all of the things that were broken in 0.47 (and re-adding persistence), but then that would just be an improved 0.47... not really a 0.48.

Well I posted about what we should possibly be expected in .48 but the admin decided to hide my post for some reason. DayZTV is not just some run-of-the-mill speculation/conspiracy site so I'm not sure what the issue was with my post. All of the items listed in the link were items that have been in the game files or posted by the devs themselves so its not rumor mill content. I guess it's like fightClub where the first rule is....the is no fightclub :D

Edited by haknslash

Okay - mad props to the guy who just Rick-Rolled me, Green Mountain tower.  Paper in an obvious place - checked for snipers, then read note.

Well PLAYED, sir!  :D

Funny visit, though - quick run through the trash, and except for a couple of cans of kvass, there wasn't anything there I wanted.  .45 still doesn't seem to be spawning, except for in magazines.  Worth going to see, but you could see it just as well on yewtewb.  If you were a new-spawn, yeah, you could get geared-up pretty quickly; but if you have most of your basic gear, a pistol, a rifle, there really isn't much reason to go there.

Unless you WANT to get Rick-Rolled.  :P

Z

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...

Well I posted about what we should possibly be expected in .48 but the admin decided to hide my post for some reason. DayZTV is not just some run-of-the-mill speculation/conspiracy site so I'm not sure what the issue was with my post. All of the items listed in the link were items that have been in the game files or posted by the devs themselves so its not rumor mill content. I guess it's like fightClub where the first rule is....the is no fightclub :D

DayzTV contains a lot of speculations. Plus that one user who accidentally confuses everyone by uploading pictures of his own models ingame

tents growing up on trees ;)

Dayz DE 01 EXP - coordinates 086 065.  found 3 tents and still spawning ;)

NKtqNP.jpg

Sorry your words were thrown out! :( I considered looking at items like that (unimplemented items with files in the game), but sometimes they stay in limbo like that for a while and/or never show up at all.

As somebody who enjoys playing as a medic, I hope the medical system is fleshed out more in the near future. I'm ready for all of the medical items to actually have a purpose and for there to be a wider range of health issues to treat. Bandages, morphine, epinephrine, and saline are about all that's truly useful so far and they are so common most of the time that it's not really a challenge. All four of those things also have alternatives like rags, splints, defibrillator, and blood bags. Give me a reason to go through the trouble of doing a blood transfusion instead of using one of the million saline bags I find laying around. Make me sterilize rags before I use them. Make epinephrine rare so I don't have 5 on me at all times for when somebody goes unconscious. You know what I mean?

Every other medical supply only has minor use right now: alcohol tinctures only superficially improve the condition of rags, disinfectant only has malicious uses, water purification tablets aren't needed, painkillers/antibiotics/vitamins have no function, etc.

tents growing up on trees  ;)

Dayz DE 01 EXP - coordinates 086 065.  found 3 tents and still spawning  ;)

Wait, you're just finding rolled-up tents at random in the woods??

Edited by Tatanko

DayzTV contains a lot of speculations. Plus that one user who accidentally confuses everyone by uploading pictures of his own models ingame

Well I don't know any back history story about DayZTV but the info I've seen from there so far over the months has came to fruition in-game.

The items outlined as possible things to expect are all pretty much already known if you follow reddit and read the devs twitter feeds. So most of it shouldn't of been a surprise and we all know they are working on tweaking the loot respawn and persistent objects so that's pretty much what they said we could possibly expect. That's not really "far out" speculation IMHO since most of it is common knowledge of things they've been working on. The monument and vehicle wreck were something I hadn't seen before though.

Wait, you're just finding rolled-up tents at random in the woods??

Not random, a few meters form wooden shack, but yes these tents were on the tree, and one was spawning front of us in Veresnik military base. 

Edited by Grzech

Not random, a few meters form wooden shack, but yes these tents were on the tree, and one was spawning front of us in Veresnik military base. 

Interesting. Now I might actually follow the location map that was posted. Previously when I looked at it, it just seemed like random locations had been marked. Thanks for the info!

Are there any US Exp. servers active at all right now?  They all seem to be stuck.  I expanded my filter to pick up European servers, and they seem to be working - but none in the US.  What's up with that?

Z

Heh - while I was off writing that, some came on line - and got filled to capacity immediately.

HAH!

Z

Heh - while I was off writing that, some came on line - and got filled to capacity immediately.

HAH!

Z

I don't know why those experimental servers are so full, since the stable build is exactly the same right now....  We have all the servers to play with. (There's the possibility that they don't want to use their stable build characters, but anyway it's pretty weird...)

Stable isn't the same yet, persistent loot and other features are not enabled yet. Check the change log for stable ;-)

...since the stable build is exactly the same right now....

• Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch

• Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch

They are disabled too on the experimental branch. They'll wipe experimental servers again next experimental patch, so there's really no need to try and "keep" our stuff on experimental anyway.

Experimental seems to be disabled at the moment since when i try to switch to exp day z doesn't update so i guess they took it down to get it ready for 0.48?

Experimental seems to be disabled at the moment since when i try to switch to exp day z doesn't update so i guess they took it down to get it ready for 0.48?

That's what I thought earlier today but if you go into the server browser an set your ping to 99,999 you'll see and be able to join the experimentals.. Unless while I was at work they really did take them down lol ..

I think they are up. Played 1h ago. If u switch from stable to experimental, u have nothing to download, its the same version. Only restart steam and in the library it show DayZ (experimental). Now u should be able to join exp. servers...

Anyone know when the next update is coming out >?

should be today. Mid day, said Hicks.

Found two tents near the military base at Vybor...very nice :)

ednoe6kd.jpg

and so much loot inside. 1x hunting backpack=full, 2 vests, and other stuff^^

But this day I had the LMB bug and some hits were not registered (yesterday on stable same issues), maybe the update today will fix it?!

However, great work team - keep going :thumbsup: :)

• Like 1

Anyone know when the next update is coming out >?

Hicks said it is on track for a release mid day tomorrow (Friday).

YEOOOOOOOO NORN IRON

Well I use the NVidia experience thingy to optimise your settings for Dayz will help too!

I had to uninstall Gerforce Experience because it was conflicting with Cubase and making it crash. It doesn't seem to matter what settings I use though, the performance is pretty much the same...Crap. lol

The next version could be coming that soon? Holy Cow on a surfboard, it seems they're avalanching us lately with all these updates. I think they finally have gotten into a smooth workflow. Even though it may just be bug fixing and no "huge" updates, it's looking great IMO.

Thanks, Devs, it's appreciated :-)