SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Didn't find any tents yet, but I stumble upon this... Someone been there, took off some of his items, and switched some, left a green painted sks, and when the server restarted the loot respawn mechanic applied itself to the items the player dropped, and items started spawning like crazy.

Same thing in the house next to the pile.

29lxz5j.jpg

97l1uf.jpg

2meaj36.jpg

Loot respawn is either still broken, or it's to stress test the permanence of items. Will keep an eye out for a tent.

Edit: Thanks WhiteZero!! Tents confirmed.

Edited by Odin Lowe

Left mouse bug, stuttering, freezing, rubberbanding. Not so good atm out there. No stable patch coming any time soon would be my quess.

sorry, i can not help to bring data you need while playing this branch, the random sound bug is absolut annoying, i've tried to play longer as 30 minutes, but it seemed that the bug in this branch is even worser and this do not let me concentrate on the importants things to test.

i give later another try, but at the moment i am too annoyed.

10 less frames for me on same settings as on stable, stuttering, lmb bug... :)

Don't click repeatedly. Your attack speed doesn't magically increase when you click like crazy. Holding the mouse button produces the same speed of attack and I've never gotten the bug doing so. I've also found that if I am attacking multiple zombies, circling and waiting for the entire animation to play before clicking again stops the bug from occurring. It nereds to be fixed but its not hard to prevent.

I am holding the mouse button down, I am not clicking like a madman.  It just quits working.  Even when holding down the mouse button I stop swinging the axe after a given amount of time.

Edited by Barnabus

Cant freaking wait to get home tonight and play some experimental tofind a tent ... Had A very nice time last night , met up with 3 friendlies one after the next and we all became a group (and we all had Balliatic helmets and bandanna masks on im surprised none of us shot each other on sight ) ...

We survivived all night until dawn game time when we all disbanded after having experienced fileting and cooking fish for the first time, it was very real feeling as we all almost starved but i came to the rescue with my identification of ashwood trees and my magical shovel that produces worms :) . Novo tower is where we all met and this is what the game should have been like all along .

To long dont read version : experimental is so much fun right now , it truly feels like a real survivor apocalypse , now we just gotta work oh the zombies and the light through walls thing (and maybe some barricades)and everyone willbe playing this non stop :).

Cant join any server, stay block at "wait for host", any solution? 

I've got the same issue right now and all of my pings are +50% to double what it was pre-patch.

I feel really sorry to hate, but i wanted to play after I think 2 months no playing, and i have to say played for about 200 hours at this time..

i was excited about the new experimental but it wasn't playable for me..freeze every 3-5 secs for about 2-3 secs..clearly not playable..it's so sad, I love this game so much..and I don't think it's only my dual core..

So Vybor base appears to be loot respawn heaven...I have a theory that something is broken there or in other areas of the map at random...

There is loot respawning so fast at the Vybor base that is just pushing out the walls of the barracks.

No way this is a trap as I watched new items appear from thin air there.

I struggled to find any decent gear from Balota to Vybor base then bam..

I found the following worth noting:

7x hunting backpacks in pristine shape

5x high cap vests in pristine/worn shape

Plus all the clothes and other gear u could dream of....

Only things I did not find were AKMs and related attatchments.

• Like 1

Where are the locations of these wooden castles or whatever?

http://imgur.com/a/Xuvpe )

All over the map. It's one of the 2 "feeding shacks/stall". There's about 100+ of them...

i found one emptied  and dropped it. that gun without lrs is useless

I have a LRS too and it won't attach to the CR527.

Okay, guys, I know many folks said that zombies don't walk through walls anymore. But they DO walk through closed doors now. And they can hit you from outside a building and through a wall.

I finally had found enough to eat to survive barely to Balota, and thought I would be safe in one of the little wooden sheds. Ha! Dream on, one Hopper and one regular Zed just walked through the closed door and killed me like nobody's business.

Same happening with other houses, I'm trying to bandage and wham! Zed's through doors, you are dead.

Very frustratetd.

Yeah, and they can hit you from a floor below you. Magical zombies.

• Like 1

Fell victim to LMB bug again...

I was at Balota airfield. I had been stalking a player who killed someone at the ATC, and waited patiently outside the barracks for him to enter. He headed towards the tenets, so I flanked him, and found him on the road. I was unseen, and decided now was the time to take him out. He stops at the edge of the fence, and goes crouched. I aim, and click the mouse. Nothing.

I ran to the coast and logged. This needs to be addressed, and soon.

I'm moving in on Balota tents on a full server...wish me luck. I'm gonna need it  :(

I did that on a full server as well and ran through the airfield all over the place and saw no one. Even Berezino is deserted.

Its that time of the update again:

New

• Physics: Added Ragdolls
  • Loot: Added Persistent loot
  • Loot: Added Item re spawning
  • Gear: Added Tents

Fixed

• Event: Fixed Helicopter Crashes
  • Zombies: Added Navmesh to improve pathfinding

Undocumented

New:

• Animation: Added 3 new gestures; F8-Face Palm, F9-Cut your throat, and F10-Hush
  • Animation: Added new can drinking animation
  • Animal: New Deer and Cow Model (Red Deer, Brown with White Cow)
  • Effect: Gas stations explode faster when shot
  • Files: Added Config files for the Flare Gun
  • Files: Added PBO files for weapon wraps and 2 vehicles
  • Gear: Added Chemlights
  • Gear: Added Pilotka 1
  • Gear: Added Paramedic Jacket and Pants
  • Gear: Added Tracksuit Jacket
  • Gear: Added Tanker Helmet
  • Gear: Added Polka Dot variation of the Bandana
  • Gear: Fishing Hooks can be attached to Boonie Hats
  • Gear: Added space for Combat Knives to the Military Boots
  • Gear: Bandana's can now be worn as masks (Old ones don't have this function)
  • Player: Added 7 New player skins: 3 for males (Medium, Dean, and Matt) and 4 for females (Medium, Henriet, JanaZ, and Kamila)
  • Weapons: Added AK101 and its attachments
  • Weapons: Added and Configurated the PM73 RAK
  • Weapons: Added and Configurated the Makarov IJ70
  • Weapons: Added and Configurated the CR527 Carbine
  • Zombies: Added new type of Zombie (Nicknamed Hoppers, Crawlers, or Monkeys)

Fixed:

• Action: Two handed Items can now be thrown.
  • Animation: Added new crawling Animation
  • Animation: You can now walk while holding your hands up
  • Animation: Changed the animation for filing bottles at water pumps. It now uses the same animation as catching water in the rain.
  • Crafting: Fireplace Kits can now be crafted with Books
  • Gear: Books received a new skin.
  • Gear: Spite" Renamed to "Spite Lemon Lime"
  • Gear: Fixed a consumables duplication exploit
  • Gear: Added a description to the Crossbow and the AKM
  • Gear: Flipped the model of the Matchbox upwards
  • Gear: Sickles can now open cans
  • Lighting: Added new flash effects for hitting metal
  • Loot: Deer Stands now spawn loot
  • Movement: Fixed a glitch related to walking up hills
  • Weapons: Flipped the Hacksaw upwards
  • Weapons: MP5-K can now be chambered without a mag
  • Weapons: Reduced the spread on the Blaze 95

1: wrongly mentioned in the Changelog of 0.46.124490

Edited by basinox
  • Like 5

Yeah, and they can hit you from a floor below you. Magical zombies.

I also think that they did something with zombies count, or respawning, i am at chapaevsk on hc and i had to take a break i had killed probably 30+ zombies and they still coming, trough walls, doors, whatever, navamash or whatever is name of that new thing implemented is not working!

Oh my goodness, them tents are big suckers! It's gonna be hard to hide those. But over 60 spaces just might be worth it. Thank you very much for the link!

Happyness Level: Slinky on a rollercoaster :D :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness, them tents are big suckers! It's gonna be hard to hide those. But over 60 spaces just might be worth it. Thank you very much for the link!

Happyness Level: Slinky on a rollercoaster :D :thumbsup:

No problemo ;)