SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Awesome! Stable deployment tomorrow pl0x.

How this can go stable when respawning loot is broken (it respawns too much).

:(

From wht I have seen 90% of the map barely respawns at all and the other 10% does so rapidly

• Like 4

@trev186: What places are spawning loot rapidly? I want to assume it's Military Bases/Airfields; (i haven't played in 3 weeks, 'been too busy.)

• Like 1

@trev186: What places are spawning loot rapidly? I want to assume it's Military Bases/Airfields; (i haven't played in 3 weeks, 'been too busy.)

For me on the server I was on was just Vybor base...every military building had at least 100 items inside and around it...

• Like 1

umm how did i get this create game and voting time thing after a server restarted?

Vybor, Green Mountain etc. Respawn is Gridbased if anything in that grid is taken away it respawns somewhere in that grid. so if you have only one building in this grid it will respawn instantly in the same building if you take sth away

• Like 1

umm how did i get this create game and voting time thing after a server restarted?

Is it a 64 player sever (private) ?

Vybor, Green Mountain etc. Respawn is Gridbased if anything in that grid is taken away it respawns somewhere in that grid. so if you have only one building in this grid it will respawn instantly in the same building if you take sth away

In theory yes but in practice no...

the rate crap was spawning in Vybor at those barracks there is no way i was not taking anything....i mean hundreds of items.

also i went from balota to zelengorsk and saw like 90% of the best buildings were empty

• Like 1

Is it a 64 player sever (private) ?

no idea when i spawned i was bambi so i left and got my character back on a different one 

I did notice it gave me a choice of different maps 

Huh? Any pics to show ? Sounds like some admin thing...

no idea when i spawned i was bambi so i left and got my character back on a different one 

I did notice it gave me a choice of different maps 

Does it look like this?

asttO1J.jpg

So this is weird, the LMB only seems to get me if I use a splitting axe.  I am armed with a farmers hoe after a bleed out and have been wacking zeds left and right with no LMB problems.

For me on the server I was on was just Vybor base...every military building had at least 100 items inside and around it...

The east was really empty for me (before the hotfix) and now I found a big mountain of (probably largely dropped) stuff in front of the prison on Green Mountain. I would really like to know how that respawning happens...does a location you drop something on (in front of the prison) start to spawn stuff, too? There were many goodies there, also funny stuff like pristine boots and things. Somehow I don't believe ppl carry shoes out of the prison to drop them there... .

Concerning persistance, I thought containers now should keep their stuff. Did not work with a fireplace, a restart ate it, it came back, but the carp filets and the firewood were gone. I also could not ignite the fire, at the time I did not think to put it into my inventory, relog and then place it again, maybe it was somehow bugged, like weapons or something...btw, the firewood and filets were not simply not shown, I filled the thing back up again with wood and filets. That fishing...

Edited by bautschi

Does it look like this?

asttO1J.jpg

Sorta but I could choose other maps...

The two barns just west of the NEAF were spawning ridiculous loot before this most recent patch.  I've been there since the patch and haven't see anything.  Since nobody is 100% sure on the loot mechanics, it's hard to determine if it's working properly.  

The east was really empty for me (before the hotfix) and now I found a big mountain of (probably largely dropped) stuff in front of the prison on Green Mountain. I would really like to know how that respawning happens...does a location you drop something on (in front of the prison) start to spawn stuff, too? There were many goodies there, also funny stuff like pristine boots and things. Somehow I don't believe ppl carry shoes out of the prison to drop them there... .

Concerning persistance, I thought containers now should keep their stuff. Did not work with a fireplace, a restart ate it, it came back, but the carp filets and the firewood were gone. I also could not ignite the fire, at the time I did not think to put it into my inventory, relog and then place it again, maybe it was somehow bugged, like weapons or something...btw, the firewood and filets were not simply not shown, I filled the thing back up again with wood and filets. That fishing...

Someone on reddit got a theory about how the loot respwan system work.  

http://imgur.com/a/IIvBB

Maybe this is why the Military base (Vybor) and Green Mountain is an ideal place to "speed up" / "trigger" loot respwan.

• Like 5

Sorta but I could choose other maps...

This is right after I choose the map. (If i remember correctly there are 3 maps to chose from)

This happen to me 2 days ago I found a 64 player sever.

I think I am the first person to log in after a restart so I have these option.  

• Like 1

Welp, after another day of playing, I died twice from Zombies hitting me through walls and ignoring closed doors etc. combined with the LMB bug. The third time I died indirectly because everything was looted empty and I could not find food for the life of me, no pun intended.

I say indirectly because it happened (again) because of the LMB bug, my pitchfork was no match for three Zeds at once and I succumbed to my wounds after the screen went grey. Happened within 6 -8 Minutes after spawning of running around with no food. So respawning needs to be looked at for sure.

As a fresh spawn, it seems to have increased the difficulty quite a bit. Which wouldn't be so bad if everything worked properly.

Has anyone heard if they plan on fixing some of this anytime soon? I don't wanna sound like an impatient whiner, I just wanna play and know that I can rely on the game mechanics to test. Dying I don't care much about, but if I keep dying at this rate, I won't be able to test much :-/

Edited by Demonica

Do tents only spawn in those wooden shacks with a staircase going up or is it different now?

I join one of the experimental servers and I lose all of my gear why?

I join one of the experimental servers and I lose all of my gear why?

You angered the bean king!

Its because the server you joined did not connect to the hive correctly to gather your player info OR your character got reset!

It's so funny to see fresh spawns react to dead bodies! 

I was in Chernaya, and met two guys with almost no clothes. One had a broken leg and the other was talking to him. I chopped some wooden sticks, fixed his leg and all. 

Somebody with an SKS suddenly appeared behind us, aiming at us but didn't shoot. I turned around, shot him in the chest and the two fresh spawns just instantly ran to the body to loot it LOL!

It was like somebody had thrown a load of hundred dollar bills on the street

• Like 2