SmashT

Two million units sold

Hey devs disregard the negative posters in this thread.  They generally have nothing better to do. 

2 million is a milestone you probably didn't even think you'd achieve going into the making of this game.  Have a beer or two tonight.  You've earned it.

Anyone remember 500,000 copies ago, people were exclaiming: "Dean's leaving, DayZ is dying!"

DayZ is constantly missing it's window and just about to go down the shitter as the next DayZ killer steps up. And yet...here we all are....still :D

48794094.jpg

:beans:

LAMBOS ! 

I haven't played for a month now, does it mean I'm dissatisfied with the progress? Not at all I love the game but I have something called patience and understand it takes time to create a game, I got a little bored after 300h and did I come stamping my feet to the forums moaning? Nope, I looked at what they had planned and decided to do something else until it develops more. Its exactly what I do with the many other early access games I'm playing. I UNDERSTAND THIS ISNT A FEATURE COMPLETE GAME, AND DONT PLAY IT LIKE ONE.

I'm just very concerned about the future of DayZ. Do I expect them to be in beta after 4 months? No! But I expected a lot more than they have delivered so far. It just feels like the game is going nowhere and it will never become what it should be (I hope I'm wrong). For example: I bought prison architect when it was in alpha 8 or something but I stopped playing for some time because some features (gangs) I want are still missing, yet I'm still following the progress and I love what they deliver each month - the game is getting better and better each month and I have huge faith because things just work for the most part.. I just can't see that when it comes to DayZ because the core is so badly broken which is revealed everytime a new feature is implemented.

• Like 3

Congratulations are in order.

I am however also a bit conflicted. It is my theory that the more DayZ SA sells, the less money will be invested in its production.

Sounds backwards to you? Well, it is actually a simple theory.

Why invest the profits you already have in the bank, on a product that has already saturated its market for possibly all risk and small reward?

People seem to believe that more sales will equal more investment into the game. But this is not a kickstarter. Call me a cynic.

I'm just very concerned about the future of DayZ. Do I expect them to be in beta after 4 months? No! But I expected a lot more than they have delivered so far. It just feels like the game is going nowhere and it will never become what it should be (I hope I'm wrong). For example: I bought prison architect when it was in alpha 8 or something but I stopped playing for some time because some features (gangs) I want are still missing, yet I'm still following the progress and I love what they deliver each month - the game is getting better and better each month and I have huge faith because things just work for the most part.. I just can't see that when it comes to DayZ because the core is so badly broken which is revealed everytime a new feature is implemented.

Features will come more frequently when the big issues are solved. The more efford you put into basic technology the easier it gets afterwards.

Two million units sold !

and the Runny Babbits still don't hop...

• Like 1

Ever wonder what percentage of the 2 million are psychopathic KoSers?

Normally its children between the age of 10 and so on.

Normally its children between the age of 10 and so on.

How can one be between the age of 10?

Did i somehow skip some of my childhood at that moment? :P

And ofc congratulations hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

How can one be between the age of 10?

Did i somehow skip some of my childhood at that moment? :P

And ofc congratulations hehe.

Yes, yes you did.

H1Z1

looks better and have not a focus on fucking shit noone needs!

fuck your medical system DEAN

• Like 1

DAyZ SA has only been out for 4 months??

H1Z1

looks better and have not a focus on fucking shit noone needs!

fuck your medical system DEAN

You have been warned regarding this before. A little bit more and you shall get another one quickly.

• Like 2

Does it make SA even bigger scam than WarZ?

Don't be an idiot.

WarZ was so obvious, that even thought it was the top seller on the Steam holiday sale, Steam was forced to take them down for the outright lies on their sales page. They lied so consistently they were forced to edit their sales page three times in the first 24 hours and because they simply couldn't stop lying , they were kicked off Steam, before the holiday sale really got started.

The main difference is that DayZ warned people on their sales page, while WarZ lied.

Be honest now, you bought into WarZ didn't you?

Edited by Dallas

I'm a huge prick/cynic and even I can find it within the confines of my rotten heart to congratulate them on this milestone. C'mon guys. :3

Never in my life have I congradulated someone for simply selling a product they offer. It is there job, they chose it voluntarily.

Now if someone drafts them to make dayz I will raise flags in their name if they succeed.

I am happy though that they have a pile of money to keep moving forward with.

I would only ask that maybe in the next two months since they have apparently hit a high point for their dreams release a real time line of development. Not even one with dates just the order they have planned on working and releasing various contents. A plan of action that is detailed and vetted by the actual people making the game not some PR rep. They can stay in testing as long as they feel like and I demand nothing. Just asking for a bit more transparancy so we feel more closely attached to the process we paid to help them with.

Congratulations on the sales! I've been having lots of fun playing Dayz even in it's current state, your succes is well deserved.

It's a pitty we got so many immature complainers, flamers and haters here. The developement progress might not be flawless, but that's no reason to start angry rants, or spew childish insults.

We're discussing the units-sold situation. It is on-topic.  If someone started a thread to discuss this it'd probably be locked and yarded, so people discuss where they can.

How dare we take an interest in whether we re actually being conned or not,

how on earth are you being conned?

you paid £20 (or whatever equivalent currency you use). for a game that you were TOLD was unfinished, you were also told that when it is finished, the game will cost a lot more than what you have currently paid.  At no point were you told it was a finished game.  You paid the money KNOWING that the game was unfinished.  You aren't expected to pay any more money, so there is no 'conning' going on at all.

Impressive. Not only are people beeing rude and childish.

No they also are fanatic homophobes.

Just because this is a forum where noone knows your name or is connected to you in the real world it does not mean you can act in such disgraceful and malicious ways. I highly suggest you grow up or spend your time on something more meaningful.

Edited by Buffaloe

Impressive. Not only are people beeing rude and childish.

No they also are fanatic homophobes.

Just because this is a forum where noone knows your name or is connected to you in the real world it does not mean you can act in such disgraceful and malicious ways. I highly suggest you grow up or spend your time on something more meaningful.

yes i can...

Just another child showing us how big their epeen is.

Meh, I think it just shows how little of the grey matter they actually have. Unimpressed, really.

I thoroughly enjoyed the personal note of a threat towards my wellbeing in German ontop of the usual, unbalanced homophobic stuff. That was lovely.

Member warned and suspended, topic cleaned. Carry on.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3