SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Found a P1 and a clip not long before. AKM is not up. Stormed an unmolested NWAF and no AKM.

My 1st trip to NWAF I got a 'Session Lost' and upon relogging got wiped.

• Like 1

I did. I feel like the SA will be outstanding in the end, but it'll be years and years from now.

You're on the right track then :)

Plenty to do in both the mods and ArmaIII if people don't like the current state.

Personally I just make sure to limit my game time so I don't burn out.

It's close to playable. But arma 3 with BP and Battle royale look like it'll give a bit more gameplay until the SA progresses. 

PB sucks balls right now.  There are some things about it that is nice, but there are many broken systems.  The hostage system for example is retarded.   People can just run past you can somehow wrapped your hands in duct tape.  Theres no animation time for it.  There are literally a bunch of hunters that stalk people and then run around them like fucking idiots spamming the hostage key, without even taking out their weapon, and then they hatchet you to death.  The game has less problems with server and engine etc, but some of the systems they use are retarded.  Its also really weird getting all your loot from boxes, like everyone had a chance to pack up their stuff when the apocalypse happened.

• Like 1

PB sucks balls right now.  There are some things about it that is nice, but there are many broken systems.  The hostage system for example is retarded.   People can just run past you can somehow wrapped your hands in duct tape.  Theres no animation time for it.  There are literally a bunch of hunters that stalk people and then run around them like fucking idiots spamming the hostage key, without even taking out their weapon, and then they hatchet you to death.  The game has less problems with server and engine etc, but some of the systems they use are retarded.  Its also really weird getting all your loot from boxes, like everyone had a chance to pack up their stuff when the apocalypse happened.

AS if the SA isn't broken as is lol

• Like 1

AS if the SA isn't broken as is lol

lol, thats true.  I seem to get more annoyed by the deaths on PB.  Dying to desync or a ladder or whatever sucks, but dying to someone who sprinted past you and magically slapped duct tape around your hands then hatchet'd you is probably the most frustrating and unrealistic way to die.  Sorry, little venting there.

Z's/melee have been tweaked.

Expect rubber banding.

How do you mean tweaked...are they more powerful again or weaker?

What I'd like to be next is the ability to limp when you have a broken leg, if you have no morphine or no ridiculously rare sticks if one of your legs breaks you might as well respawn you can't do anything.

Forum medics sure but they need to add an in game solution soon.

How do you mean tweaked...are they more powerful again or weaker?

They die like they did before. Juggernauts are a thing of the past. Tested via one hit with pick-axe to non-head area.

Down again. But I still managed to have some fun today before it went offline again. Some buildings like the new wooden log pubs in Chernaya Polana didn't spawn any loot, but other than that it was pretty stable for me. Though I doubt it'll stay like that when the experimental branch come back only. Expect a patch and different version thatn this one. Maybe with the new items and such... ;)   (Camp fires!!!! :thumbsup:  B)  :D  )

Does the loot respawn already? I'm waiting impatiently to return to this game. :)

Does the loot respawn already? I'm waiting impatiently to return to this game. :)

I *think* loot respawning is still activated in the experimental (and is what's causing the rubber banding).

They die like they did before. Juggernauts are a thing of the past. Tested via one hit with pick-axe to non-head area.

Aw man I can not wait for this to hit stable...

How long does it usually take, like a week? I was thinking of quitting the game for a bit so might just wait until then to play and check out what's new.

I *think* loot respawning is still activated in the experimental (and is what's causing the rubber banding).

Yes, it almost seemed an error the uptime of the exp servers today, the version was just the same as before.

Hoping for something new soon!

How long does it usually take, like a week? I was thinking of quitting the game for a bit so might just wait until then to play and check out what's new.

Rocket stated that the next stable update should be at the end of may, if nothing urgent comes out and if there aren't unpredicted changes.

Depends on how Experimental goes. Could be a week, could be more depending on how it goes.

In the meantime, I have a solution for you...

Machetes kills zombies very easily on Stable. I know it sounds weird, but try it out and let me know how it works out. Should be a two hitter. I tried it in Experimental and machete is its normal shit status.

solodude23, on 06 May 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes, it almost seemed an error the uptime of the exp servers today, the version was just the same as before.

Hoping for something new soon!

Rubberbanding was much better for me than right before the last shut down of experimental branch. So they probably tested a change on server site to solve this. I had the impression graphics were sharper and loading faster even too fast for the light engine. Could it have been a first test of 64 bit servers?

Rubberbanding was much better for me than right before the last shut down of experimental branch. So they probably tested a change on server site to solve this. I had the impression graphics were sharper and loading faster even too fast for the light engine. Could it have been a first test of 64 bit servers?

64 bit server binaries don't mean shit honestly. It allows the servers to use more memory... meaning hold more information. This will not fix rubberbanding, in fact if they add more players to use said memory on the server there will be even more rubberbanding due to horrible netcode. It will not make anything load faster or make graphics 'sharper'. The only thing you can do with more memory is store more information.

The dev team are at such a desperate state they are trying to make you think they are making more progress than they really are.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 1

Yeah give them more money, that will show em :)

But seriously, people that aren't happy with the progress should actually take some months off.

Ya, after all we should handicap ourselves after spending 30 dollars on a game that shows no sign of picking up the pace....ya how dare we have standards.

If they knew the game would take well over a year to even finish, the responsible thing to do would to have been to hold off on early access until AT LEAST 6 months from full release. Not a year and a half.

To me it just feels like BI, is trying to make as much a profit as possible, considering DayZ is literally their savior financially. So instead of pouring profits back into the game, they are taking safe/greeding route and just sitting on as much profit as they can soak up before DayZ fades into obscurity.

I say this because of the sheer amount of copy cats coming out of the wood work, and yet there isn't much word on BI trying to keep up the pace and stay ahead development wise.

So ya to me it feels half assed, there should be news about doubling or tripling the size of their current teams. Yes, I know they got an animal team or something like that, but that is just a single step when to me it seems like they could step it up a few more than that. The speed and quality of updates feels IDENTICAL to the mod, when they were just some indie mod, but jesus they are something big now in the PC gaming scene. And yet...still, just, chipping away....at the same pace.

TL:DNR

They need to step it up, and get an influx of speed/personnel going development wise, since the SA feels identical in fact maybe even a little slower than the original mods development.

P.S Let us not forget how they have been working on this a whole year prior (or close to it), with near the same engine they were accustomed to...so nothing too crazy really changed when transferring from mod to SA. It isn't like they went from arma 2 engine to cry or frostbite. If they did I could understand the sheer slowness in development...

But when they worked on it a year prior, THEN saw great financial success and no noticeable boost in development happened...ya I feel like this is a long con. I mean the game isn't worth 30 bucks as it is now (considering we have a finished version of its predecessor back in the mod),  with the speed at which it is continuing on, and that SHOULD, and does piss people off.

Edited by Slyguy65
  • Like 1

/\ Let's not turn this into another shit show. This is for the discussion regarding the experimental branch.

• Like 5

/\ Let's not turn this into another shit show. This is for the discussion regarding the experimental branch.

I second that. I'm getting pretty sick of reading complaint after complaint.

• Like 1

Ya, after all we should handicap ourselves after spending 30 dollars on a game that shows no sign of picking up the pace....ya how dare we have standards.

If they knew the game would take well over a year to even finish, the responsible thing to do would to have been to hold off on early access until AT LEAST 6 months from full release. Not a year and a half.

To me it just feels like BI, is trying to make as much a profit as possible, considering DayZ is literally their savior financially. So instead of pouring profits back into the game, they are taking safe/greeding route and just sitting on as much profit as they can soak up before DayZ fades into obscurity.

I say this because of the sheer amount of copy cats coming out of the wood work, and yet there isn't much word on BI trying to keep up the pace and stay ahead development wise.

So ya to me it feels half assed, there should be news about doubling or tripling the size of their current teams. Yes, I know they got an animal team or something like that, but that is just a single step when to me it seems like they could step it up a few more than that. The speed and quality of updates feels IDENTICAL to the mod, when they were just some indie mod, but jesus they are something big now in the PC gaming scene. And yet...still, just, chipping away....at the same pace.

TL:DNR

They need to step it up, and get an influx of speed/personnel going development wise, since the SA feels identical in fact maybe even a little slower than the original mods development.

P.S Let us not forget how they have been working on this a whole year prior (or close to it), with near the same engine they were accustomed to...so nothing too crazy really changed when transferring from mod to SA. It isn't like they went from arma 2 engine to cry or frostbite. If they did I could understand the sheer slowness in development...

But when they worked on it a year prior, THEN saw great financial success and no noticeable boost in development happened...ya I feel like this is a long con. I mean the game isn't worth 30 bucks as it is now (considering we have a finished version of its predecessor back in the mod),  with the speed at which it is continuing on, and that SHOULD, and does piss people off.

Don't know how you can have over 1000 posts on the forums can say so many things that aren't factual and be so critical when you clearly haven't been keeping up with any information.

Hicks said via twitter that there should not be anything new on experimental tomorrow, but soon.. and it did sound like an actual soon. Maybe Friday, or next week we'll have that update.

• Like 2

Depends on how Experimental goes. Could be a week, could be more depending on how it goes.

In the meantime, I have a solution for you...

Machetes kills zombies very easily on Stable. I know it sounds weird, but try it out and let me know how it works out. Should be a two hitter. I tried it in Experimental and machete is its normal shit status.

I actually was a lot last time I played most zombies were taking like 10 body shots or at least 3 head shots to go down >.> axes seem to be fine getting a headshot in first person does it anyway.

So how does experimental work does it just play like stable or is it really prone to lag, FPS drops and other problems? I feel like checking it out but don't want to get murdered constantly by random issues.

So how does experimental work does it just play like stable or is it really prone to lag, FPS drops and other problems? I feel like checking it out but don't want to get murdered constantly by random issues.

At the moment I don't believe there are any servers up; they were taken down earlier today. When they were up there was a decent amount of rubber banding but nothing too bad. Something to do with the loot spawning.

Edited by solodude23