SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

It does...weird right.

It does in the game? I've wandered around for at least half an hour in the dark and that never happened to me, not as much as in real life either.

Unless because I usually have aviators on that actually makes a difference...

Static camp fires that you maybe add one log too would be better I think, even riskier but still easier to use.

I think they said you would be able to use the fireplaces in houses eventually.

• Like 1

It does in the game? I've wandered around for at least half an hour in the dark and that never happened to me, not as much as in real life either.

When the moon finally comes up it is quite bright and easy to see and to move around under.  That may be what he was referring to. 

From what I saw, there are 3 types of fires. Though, I could be wrong. An indoor fire, a cooking fire and a plain old fire. I wonder if all variations will be in with the update all at once.

• Like 1

Yep on nights where it was bright enough because of the full moon you can play without using the exploit/glitch/tool of raising gamma. For me the world started off a bit darker then over a short time the scene got brighter it seemed. Now that could have been happening because of the moon cycle just moving along getting brighter or just my eyes getting used to the screen and adjusting something like that. It could have even been the lighting effect that happens were the brightness/contrast gets adjusted based on where you are looking and how you are looking and where are you relative to the light source. I think it might have just been that but at night using the moon light but it seemed to me that my eyes adjusted over time.

• Like 1

I love playing during the night personally.  Especially when you find someone to mess with.. Stalking someone in the dark can be quite the trill, that's for sure.  But yeah, I do find it somewhat easy to get around without a 'torch' of some sort just by using the moon light.  Some areas of the map and indoors do require the map or torch to be brought out here and there, just to quickly find whatever loot you are looking for, then quickly put it out again and move along.  

I often do find myself, waiting around Berezino, in an undisclosed area, waiting for someone to turn their lamp/torch on.  Then the game is on.

• Like 1

Yep on nights where it was bright enough because of the full moon you can play without using the exploit/glitch/tool of raising gamma. For me the world started off a bit darker then over a short time the scene got brighter it seemed. Now that could have been happening because of the moon cycle just moving along getting brighter or just my eyes getting used to the screen and adjusting something like that. It could have even been the lighting effect that happens were the brightness/contrast gets adjusted based on where you are looking and how you are looking and where are you relative to the light source. I think it might have just been that but at night using the moon light but it seemed to me that my eyes adjusted over time.

I've never seen the moon even come out and sometimes I join matches at like 2AM by accident and it's just pitch black.

It still should be lighter though guess I'll ramp my brightness up and get a headache when its daytime...

EDIT earlier on I played for like an hour in the dark with gamma and brightness up, it was still barely playable.

Set it to the default settings and you'll see just how ridiculously dark the game is at night.

Edited by UltimateGentleman

I've never seen the moon even come out and sometimes I join matches at like 2AM by accident and it's just pitch black.

It still should be lighter though guess I'll ramp my brightness up and get a headache when its daytime...

EDIT earlier on I played for like an hour in the dark with gamma and brightness up, it was still barely playable.

Set it to the default settings and you'll see just how ridiculously dark the game is at night.

change your cloud settings or shadow settings when its dark like that sometimes it fixes it but other times its just dark as all hell.

Experimental servers have shown back up. But passwords...

Maybe this is a sign they will be opened back up soon.

Make sure HDR is set to "Low" rather than "Very Low". Makes night more visible with or without the gamma glitch. As of yet I haven't ran into a night in which the gamma glitch doesn't at least help some when HDR is on Low.

In my testing I haven't seen shadow or cloud settings have any effect on night time visibility other than the way the sky looks.

Edited by solodude23

Are experimental up yet? Any new items? Campfires?

Why don't you check yourself and let us know?

Why don't you check yourself and let us know?

mr fancy.. if i could i would.. ?

mr fancy.. if i could i would.. ?

Ah, so your real question is: how can I play experimental?

Open steam:

Go to library - find DAYZ, right mouse click - properties.

Go to tab BETAS

select EXPERIMENTAL-preview test versions

The game will run an update

Start DAYZ - go to CHANGE SERVER - use filter and type experimental

You either see or not see experimental servers - let us know if they are up.

• Like 1

He might have meant that he wasn't in the condition to play atm (maybe he/she was at work, or whatever?), there is no need to be rude.

Btw, before switching to experimental I would check if the servers are up: it is not necessary to to switch in order to find them in the server list ;)

He might have meant that he wasn't in the condition to play atm (maybe he/she was at work, or whatever?), there is no need to be rude.

Btw, before switching to experimental I would check if the servers are up: it is not necessary to to switch in order to find them in the server list ;)

When was I rude?

Good tip: never thought of that - pretty stupid of me.

Ah, so your real question is: how can I play experimental?

Open steam:

Go to library - find DAYZ, right mouse click - properties.

Go to tab BETAS

select EXPERIMENTAL-preview test versions

The game will run an update

Start DAYZ - go to CHANGE SERVER - use filter and type experimental

You either see or not see experimental servers - let us know if they are up.

You actually don't need to update your game to experimental zo see the exp servers. Just arrange your server list after "public" and "private" hices because the experimentals are always private. The will show up in the list although you don't have the right version.

And they're up! :D

testing servers are online but locked. the steam repositories also saw an update on experimental and public preparation. so there might be an update comming soon...hopefully :)

last time the devs released the experimental on tuesday evening and public on wednesday morning...we will see what's going to happen tonight...

I have been playing on several 45.123906 servers for the past hour or so :)

ALtbaQ6.jpg

Edited by akpe
  • Like 1

I have been playing on several 45.123906 servers for the past hour or so :)

can you see any zombies?

I played like 45 minutes this morning, but i fucked up broke my legs and crawled around for ages, so im not sure if there are any

nice, didn't see these when i tested it.

maybe another windows update? :D

can you see any zombies?

I played like 45 minutes this morning, but i fucked up broke my legs and crawled around for ages, so im not sure if there are any

Yep, met a few along the way. I also noticed every time you log out, even when you reconnect on the same server, your char is wiped and you start at the beach.