SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Was testing it a few minutes ago, and came across a new bug. Now whenever I collect rainfall with a water bottle, I get  an animation with it, which is ok, but it also make you "drink" some each time without lowering the content of the bottle. I learned about this bug the hard, without noticing it at first and my stomach got too full and I threw up... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I can't believe I just noticed that stable and experimental discussions have their own threads now.

Nice improvement!

Assuming .45 builds up on .44, I noticed Zs can be chopped to death with one fireaxe hit again on experimental. And I think I noticed respawning loot yesterday. I fresh spawned near solnichy on a 30/30 exp. server an there was still food in the buildings although the doors were opened. Could 've been luck, though.

Was testing it a few minutes ago, and came across a new bug. Now whenever I collect rainfall with a water bottle, I get  an animation with it, which is ok, but it also make you "drink" some each time without lowering the content of the bottle. I learned about this bug the hard, without noticing it at first and my stomach got too full and I threw up... :rolleyes:

Check to see if something along those lines has been reported, if not please submit a Bug Report.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/83-bug-reports/

Help the community help you.

Thanks.

I don't get a chance to play much but I test when I can and I try to go through the forums.  I noticed that there isn't much info for .45 so I thought I would share the goodies I found, 2 new pistols so far, the P1 that was shown in screen shots before and an amazing 1911 Engraved.  I will try to look for some magazines and test out the 1911 as soon as some localized swelling goes down... 2014-04-24_00005_zps6f5ce516.jpg

Edited by Ajax_SA
  • Like 1

Check to see if something along those lines has been reported, if not please submit a Bug Report.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/83-bug-reports/

Help the community help you.

Thanks.

Reported it last night... http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10966

For those who don't know what to test, in this version is simple, loot spawns, check out the buildings and how items spawn on them, report any issue you find, there is already some buildings that need confirmation about loot not spawning there and ignore the rubberbanding, I could play for 10 hours on 0.45, so it's not unplayable, it is only if you try to actually play normally, but experimental servers aint there for playing, if you want to play go to stable.

Happened something funny to me, I spawned near Solnichniy and the zombies literally made me run away of the coast, at some point I had 10 z's chasing me, this is the first time that this happens to me, before 0.45, they usually chased you in groups of 4 max, when a 5th spotted you, one of the four that was following missed your track so you could only have 4 of them on you, this time they didn't loose my track, got all of them chasing me as soon as they spotted me, had to go inland, where they are no signs of them at any town, it seems that they were all at the coast at that moment... interesting.

Edited by JonEllisDee
  • Like 1

Did someone found a bioncular on experimental ? Can'T find it :/

Edited by Rancor
  • Like 1

Did someone found a bioncular on experimental ? Can'T find it :/

Yep, I've found them in barns, garages and random houses.

• Like 1

Yep, I've found them in barns, garages and random houses.

Ahh okay thank you ^^ :) 

Any news on respawning loot?, any idea how it works and when the next respawning loot patch will be?

I tried to empty a building of loot, waited for a  while but no loot respawned, I'll make another experiment later today, it seems you need to wait longer maybe, idk.

Any news on respawning loot?, any idea how it works and when the next respawning loot patch will be?

I tried to empty a building of loot, waited for a  while but no loot respawned, I'll make another experiment later today, it seems you need to wait longer maybe, idk.

They always talked about "quadrants", not buildings.

I don't think that emptying a building is sufficient or necessary.

• Like 1

Yep, but I don't think quadrants are implemented yet, I think they implemented a basic respawning loot, not sure how it works though.

Edited by Wili

Experimental servers are down, patch maybe? :)

• Like 1

There are down for the time being. It might be for a hot fix or another incoming patch. There's was some issues like the fire axe returning to 1 hit kills and filling up water bottles with rainfall making you drink every time. I hope they come back soon though.

Instead of the torch, can I have a can opener. they're harder to find than a one ring...

Yep, but I don't think quadrants are implemented yet, I think they implemented a basic respawning loot, not sure how it works though.

it's more guessin then knowledge, but probably loot just respawn atm after timer x hits reset - regardless if someone is near the lootspawnposition.

example: few buddies and me was lurkin around cherno polanski and looted all "important" buildings - after 30-40 minutes chillin in chernopol we decided move towards to krastnovta when i was lookin in the last pianobuilding found new loot.

Edited by Guest