SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Where are the zombies, if i just wanted to do shoot outs with bandits i'd play call of duty.  When the do bring them back, please adjust the number of zombies in an area.  I'm thinking a 5 building= 1 zombie ratio.  That way large cities are more of a threat, and smaller cities, or towns will be easier for restarting char to  stock up.  even though i think dayz is the better game, H1Z1 has a similar zombie ratio and its a lot of fun.

• Like 1

For now its day in one or two updates ittl be dayz again the zombies are still in there just extremely rare. There optimizing them a little it is a bit boring with ought them so as soon as .59 hits exp I'm downloading it and playing for about 6 hours.

I did find cows.  And they mooed at me.  It scared me a little.  I even tried to get them to chase me but no love.

For now its day in one or two updates ittl be dayz again the zombies are still in there just extremely rare. There optimizing them a little it is a bit boring with ought them so as soon as .59 hits exp I'm downloading it and playing for about 6 hours.

I bloody well hope they hotfix zombies back in sooner than 0.59, game isn't worth ''testing'' at this point.

I saw one zombie in 0.58. I preferred the OP-zombies of the past patch. They were scary.

Yeh, me too. I know a lot of people complained about them, but I thought they were great and really added to the game. You had to be super careful around them.

What I'd like to see in DayZ regarding zombies, is to make them a really serious threat to player survival. There have to be lots of them, of course, but also I'd make it so a there's a 50/50 chance of the player being infected if one lands a blow. Infection doesn't necessarily have to mean death though. It can simply use the mechanics that are already present in the current build when your wounds get infected, but I'd up the ante. The infected should be a true danger and one that the players shouldn't take lightly. That'll up the stakes considerably when dealing with them and it'll also eliminate much of the PVP sniper bullshit that goes on in the game.

The zombies in DayZ should be a threat worth reckoning with, not the empty gesture they are (or non-existent as of .58). Players should have to think twice before going into a town with a group of them hanging out. It's also make co-op more rewarding. One or two zombies should be ok to handle in a malee, but six to ten or more, no way. You should either have to run away or resort to the gun, which should then attract more of them you your location, making gun use a final option.

They also shouldn't announce their presence either. One of the great things about the silent zombies of a few patches ago was that they could pop up anywhere and the player really had to be on the lookout for them. A number of times I was suprised by a zed in .56 (I think it was .56) and to be honest, it was bloody great to have that level of tension. I remember crawling through a town at night, looking for an item, trying to avoid the zombies that were there and it was absolutely exhilarating.

• Like 1

I bloody well hope they hotfix zombies back in sooner than 0.59, game isn't worth ''testing'' at this point.

yea all I've been doing is making camps I really miss zeds now I think I'll play some counter strike or hoard more crap for now. Once exp .59 comes out in one to two weeks I'll be on forever.

Yeh, me too. I know a lot of people complained about them, but I thought they were great and really added to the game. You had to be super careful around them.

What I'd like to see in DayZ regarding zombies, is to make them a really serious threat to player survival. There have to be lots of them, of course, but also I'd make it so a there's a 50/50 chance of the player being infected if one lands a blow. Infection doesn't necessarily have to mean death though. It can simply use the mechanics that are already present in the current build when your wounds get infected, but I'd up the ante. The infected should be a true danger and one that the players shouldn't take lightly. That'll up the stakes considerably when dealing with them and it'll also eliminate much of the PVP sniper bullshit that goes on in the game.

The zombies in DayZ should be a threat worth reckoning with, not the empty gesture they are (or non-existent as of .58). Players should have to think twice before going into a town with a group of them hanging out. It's also make co-op more rewarding. One or two zombies should be ok to handle in a malee, but six to ten or more, no way. You should either have to run away or resort to the gun, which should then attract more of them you your location, making gun use a final option.

They also shouldn't announce their presence either. One of the great things about the silent zombies of a few patches ago was that they could pop up anywhere and the player really had to be on the lookout for them. A number of times I was suprised by a zed in .56 (I think it was .56) and to be honest, it was bloody great to have that level of tension. I remember crawling through a town at night, looking for an item, trying to avoid the zombies that were there and it was absolutely exhilarating.

I was under the impression that survivors were immune to zombie virus.

Where are all the zombies? have played for hours and hours with my friend but havent seen a single zombie? :S

Read the patch notes and stickies, all the answers are there.

Cant find anything about it?

They're a work in progress.  Their load on the servers is too great, so their numbers have been greatly reduced for performance reasons until they sort it out. 

Alpher.

I havent fallowed the forums for a few months, why is there no zombies and is there a eta for getting them back?

I havent fallowed the forums for a few months, why is there no zombies and is there a eta for getting them back?

Cause dey werkin on em, an when dey ready

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

there are zombies in .58 but only in a small number. i found 6-7 so far.

they found out zombies bugs are causing a lot of server performance issues, so the lowered their number and i guess no respawn till performance is ideal. that been said, they most likely come back in .60 (not .59) but that is just a goal that they may or may not reach :)

• Like 1

Cause dey werkin on em, an when dey ready

• Like 1

What the hell is going on? No zeds?

After all this time i was expecting a whole new experience. Only to be let down worse than when rocket was doing the deed.

Im going to read why this promising game has become a money maker with less in that the mod.

You know me but wth is happening over at Bohemia? Did they hire Sergey Titov? Or is apache25 back? Come to think about it wheres Fraggle?

After all this time i was expecting a whole new experience. Only to be let down worse than when rocket was doing the deed.

Im going to read why this promising game has become a money maker with less in that the mod.

You know me but wth is happening over at Bohemia? Did they hire Sergey Titov? Or is apache25 back? Come to think about it wheres Fraggle?

The game is in Alpha, in case you hadn't noticed.

I noticed when i bought it. I knew it when they started developing it, while playing on the mod and they asked for ideas for the SA.

I expected work to be carried out but imagine the shock i discovered when I walked around Cherno and there were no zombies (kinda the draw of the whole idea) I m reading the dev notes to figure out the set back.

• Like 3

Nope sorry. No idea who you were. Sounds like you are one of those people who still play the mod and hate that there's a standalone at all. Maybe you were someone in the mod's days but things move on.

sa is shit without zombies but they are missing for a reason. How about you read all the stuff you are talking about reading BEFORE you make the shitpost.

You decided for one reason or another to have nothing to do with development for the last year so coming back and complaining that things aren't going the way YOU want them to go is hysterical. Give yourself a slap.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

Oh dear, I see the game still attracts opinionated people. I forgive your lack of knowledge.

Yes I've been gone a while now im back. Real life can get complex as im sure you know. I am reading the dev notes so dont worry about me. I'll figure it out.

Oh I have a lot more to contribute also, judging makes you look a bit silly. I'm not in the habit of shit posts but questions.

Cleared that up for you?

• Like 1

I miss them. I thought they were a good element to the game. I played 3 hours today and didn't come across a single player.

I was tooled up within minutes having a look around at new areas that were under development. Nice job. I have faith in the dev team (as always) I was just surprised at the lack of challenge at the moment.

• Like 1

Welcome back.

We are on the verge of new EVERYTHING.

Please read the status reports.

SO much stuff is coming in the next few updates I can't even begin to list it all.

Most important is the new renderer, new animation systems, and new infected.

No offense, but you should reread your OP, man.

It's like reading a new players first thread, except they have 5k posts....

• Like 4

I miss them. I thought they were a good element to the game. I played 3 hours today and didn't come across a single player.

I was tooled up within minutes having a look around at new areas that were under development. Nice job. I have faith in the dev team (as always) I was just surprised at the lack of challenge at the moment.

Sorry brother, you'll notice that in your absence the forums is largely a place for fan-boys to froth at the mouth towards anyone disappointed with development. Its a bit of a positive input echo chamber where terms like "alpha" and "i understand" resonate through it's long gray halls. So that being said i assume this thread will be locked like all the others. And for what its worth if you want to keep your sanity and stay interested in the project at the same time you just need to accept thats not where we thought it would be. Which for whatever reason is our reality. But they are working hard on it and new cool shit is coming. Thats all i can say. 

Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. – Plato

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 5

Everyone above me except for the OP said everything I need to say.

Kudos B@ker, Bio and freethink.

• Like 1