Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I hate zombies. I hated them before, and now I hate them more.

And you choose to play a Zombie survival game?

• Like 3

I hate zombies = I don't like zombies in this game.

I hate them more = I don't like the new patch.

If I want to play a real zombie survival game I can play State of Decay.

I played the new patch last night, about shit my pants, lol.  These are the 28days later zombies for sure.  runnin down the road screamin like a little girl as a fresh spawn with a horde behind ya...This is great.   What I don't like is that no matter where you go you can't hide from them.  They track right to you, and the ghosting through walls freaks me out every time.  I love this Game, and I can't wait til the ghosting and tracking is fixed...but other than that great addition, love that the zombies can be a real threat.

• Like 1

Thought that's what you meant ;)

The only issue I've got with them is the clipping through walls, but that's something for the final game and I'm happy to live with it until then.

Hey guys- Love that you are increasing the zombie counts and making them more of a challenge, but damn I think you should fix some wall issues first. It's nearly impossible to lose them anywhere, and at least if you could get in a house you could prepare yourself, or try and lose them. As I said, more zombies = YAYY!! Wall clipping = :((((

Lol, last night, my boy shot his gun near Berezino... 20 seconds later we had at least 7 zombies after us in all directions.  The 3 of us were scrambling and yelling on Team Speak.  

...this was the most fun I had in DayZ in a while.  At the end of the day, the zombie should be the REAL threat.

• Like 4

At the end of the day, the zombie should be the REAL threat.

Well i was scouting an NWA couple of days ago and saw 3 dudes moving in tactical fashion. Suddenly 3 zeds spawn close to their spotter nearly killing him before he could react. that headless chicken run to escape was fun to watch.

• Like 2

What is this I'm hearing? Are there zeds in dayz nowadays? Must try this game again then. I've missed zeds for sooo long.

Edited by Ironhuge

I was playing with a friend yesterday and he became sick. So then, we got some antibiotics, saline and anything else we could find, and nothing made him better. He died. What we're we doing wrong that he couldn't be healed?

I was playing with a friend yesterday and he became sick. So then, we got some antibiotics, saline and anything else we could find, and nothing made him better. He died. What we're we doing wrong that he couldn't be healed?

I saw in beginners guide that there is an 1% change to get some kind of brain disease which cant be healed, only slowed with something. May have been it?

Holy shit

There is a a lot of zeds in game now. Killed one with SKS in krasno and instantly regretted that, in next 5 minutes I had to kill nothing short of 30 zeds and one stupid asshole who wanted to jump the chance and kill me while I dealt with zeds.

Edited by General Zod

Stable or experimental?

Experimental. I play stable, but I follow the Experimental branch to see what's coming up :)

Experimental pushed out, Loot Spawns fixed. Just tested in a Log House!

• Like 2

Please ffs, PLEASE fix this anoying Zombies. See me miiiiiiles away hiding in a bush. Then, I killed one... seconds later, 2498276945769823 more Zombies running in my direction. 

Again seconds later - "you are dead". And why? I was too busy with all the zombies and got killed by another player.

Great, FUCKING great... I'm so pissed! 

Experimental Push and i went into a house there is in every corner loot ....

Please ffs, PLEASE fix this anoying Zombies. See me miiiiiiles away hiding in a bush. Then, I killed one... seconds later, 2498276945769823 more Zombies running in my direction. 

Again seconds later - "you are dead". And why? I was too busy with all the zombies and got killed by another player.

Great, FUCKING great... I'm so pissed! 

Stop flame. You should aready noticed that they got eagle eyes and superman speed atm. so don't complain if you try pvp now. And btw. i love it. So much more realistic as thos Zombies before, don't you see them also? Why shouldn't they see you! ;)

Lol, last night, my boy shot his gun near Berezino... 20 seconds later we had at least 7 zombies after us in all directions.  The 3 of us were scrambling and yelling on Team Speak.  

...this was the most fun I had in DayZ in a while.  At the end of the day, the zombie should be the REAL threat.

jap....my new char was chased around for over an hour in Eleketro last evening while desperately trying to find some food and stuff....even drinking from a well was hard to manage. Beside that , all other players seemed to have have melee weapons only like me....nobody was starting a fight since everybody had to deal with the zeds,,, best DayZ run since the mod ...very immersive !!

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

jap....my new char was chased around for over an hour in Eleketro last evening while desperately trying to find some food and stuff....even drinking from a well was hard to manage. Beside that , all other players had melee weapons only like me and nobody was starting a fight since everybody had to deal with the zeds,,, best DayZ run since the mod ...very immersive !!

Amen! This game has now been turned up to eleven.

• Like 1

It's getting closer now.  They almost have enough elements in place that there is more incentive to work together than kill each other.

There is still some terrible network performance issues with zombies and players desyncing a lot, but you can almost see the vision coming together.

My play group has burned up more ammo last weekend than we have since from late last year to now.

The 357 with speed loaders is suddenly HIGHLY useful because the gun can kill a zombie in 1 and the ammo is plentiful.  You keep your scoped rifle for human encounters or covering zombies from distance.  It's darn near impossible to feel like you have "too much" 5.56 ammo now.

I would really like it if melee worked a little better with less lag and jumpiness.  Once they get server stability and performance working just a little better they will be clear to turn the zombie threat up even higher... at which point it's going to be "game on!" finally.

Can't wait.

• Like 1

Yay! Cars and both militarytents with wooden floor also spawn loot. (experimental)

FAKZ9EJ.jpg

WTYQ4RM.jpg

Edited by Guest

Just decided to test experimental. Got several rubberband problems, session lost and finally I don't find any servers now. Guess I'll just wait.

Several residential buildings are now spawning loot that were not doing so before. Then there was the guy I called out to, talked about the new loot fixes. And after giving him a can opener I was about to offer food when he took his mighty fireaxe from his back and told me to "please sit down, I am a bandit". Well, taking my baseball bat out -> he moves back a little bit -> running for it right into zombie central solved the problem. Resulted in heavy bandage useage and blood loss though. He didn't chase after me.

Never played the mod where there was a strict difference between hero and bandit (I at least think there was), but isn't that system gone for good in SA? Or will it come back? I almost feel sorry that I didn't let him rob me. Maybe he decided not to kill me after I was nice to him. Who knows. There he was, standing all manly with his fireaxe and I just don't play along...

Edited by bautschi

very cool, h0nkx! So I just something about dean saying that they will be looking at item respawning very soon, too. Exciting times!!

Yay! Cars and both militarytents with wooden floor also spawn loot. (experimental)

FAKZ9EJ.jpg

WTYQ4RM.jpg

nooooooooooo, you should have kept it a secret man lol

I can't seem to play on experimental currently. I set the option for experimental in Steam and nothing happens. I log in, set Battleye to "No" and only one Test Server shows up. If I set Battleye to default all non-experimental servers show up and I can join them normally.

I can't seem to play on experimental currently. I set the option for experimental in Steam and nothing happens. I log in, set Battleye to "No" and only one Test Server shows up. If I set Battleye to default all non-experimental servers show up and I can join them normally.

experimental is currently down

• Like 1