Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Suuuuch bad ISPs*

If you want to correct someone, at least use proper English yourself, and don't be a jerk about it... There are probably more non-English players here, than there are native English speaking players.

Also, your other remark, about getting a better ISP, is just rude and uncalled for. Just because YOU don't have issues, doesn't mean everyone else has a shitty ISP... Get your head out your arse, and come out into the real world, you might like it...

Edited by Angr
  • Like 3

So, uh, anyone find anything new with the mini patch? Aside from rubberbanding.

Maybe the city to the far north west is completed now.

Edited by solodude23

Can't wait to see the new features , whatever they might be on the new experimental :0 !!

I have NO RB and awesome frames/sync in California on German servers so I dunno why everyone is bitching about RB. Get a better ISP. 

Anyway, yah checked a lot of the "no loot spawn" buildings hoping that was the update but nothing. ONLY thing I THINK i notice is the sun sprite isnt coming through cloudy weather now?? Not sure though. 

EDIT:: Nope nevermind -___- there it is again, that incredibly ugly and unrealistic bright sun behind thick clouds. Although because I didnt see it before and the weather changed somewhat maybe dynamic weather has been added. As in, weather changes from sunny to rainy during the life of the server. 

Guys like this are the reason why the rest of the world thinks all 'muricans are dumb.

• Like 1

Don't know what the download was, but it broke the game. Yesterday I played for 5 hours on stable with no problems. today I keep rubberbanding back and am now stuck ..  rooted in one place unable to perform any actions.

edit: also, eating causes several different actions to occur ..  such as prone, kneel, running ...  even had water sound once like I was walking in water but no water around.

On experimental:

I can confirm rubberbanding, did not get stuck though. Once rubberbanded back to the same spot 5 or 6 times.

Same trouble with eating.

Taking weapons into hands also resulted in runnung forward during the animation time a few times, but not always. I was used to that happening when I was already moving in the past. Now it also occured when I was standing while equipping the weapon.

EDIT: Ok, now I'm stuck too. Logged out, wait a few minutes, see if that helps.

Edited by bautschi

I have NO RB and awesome frames/sync in California on German servers so I dunno why everyone is bitching about RB. Get a better ISP. 

Troll answer. From the distance you can't be talking about the ping, so you must mean bandwidth. If my bandwidth is the problem then the game will have a problem. A server with two gigabit nics certainly would not be enough to host 40 players. Let's call all the big server distributers and tell them we need at least 10GBit/s for DayZ and they better provide at reasonable prices OR...

Ok, news from experimental:

I get rubberbanded back into the first floor above a corner pub in Svetlojarsk. First floot right halway, just in (don't know if that is important). All char changes like changed weaponst stay. The interesting thing though is WHEN I get teleported back...

I can run around, already attracted a zed that I was not able to find again after rubberbanding back. It's there or at least should be on the floor level of the pub from it's yelling. Can't find it though.

Time is not the trigger for the teleportation. Across the street is a piano house. When i go to the door I get teleported back just after the interaction option for door opening is shown. Sometimes I don't even see the option but it would have appeared any millisecond.

I always thought that server and client periodically exchange data and when client and server data differ, the client is reset to the server's status. I never really watched things like changing the items in hands and what happens with them when rubberbanding. Even the (invisible and inactive, maybe only my client existing, as it does not attack me) zombie downstairs remains. Only the location seems to be reset and only when the open door option is shown or about to be shown.

Rubberbanded back - about 15 times before I decided to log out.

Edited by bautschi

Oh, I forgot, new sounds were added for the female chars. When hit by zombies a woman cries now. I first thought it was a new zombie sound. That freaked me out quite a bit.

• Like 2

concerning experimental:

Ok, I'll put a limb out there and make a bold statement. I think the rubberbanding problem is caused by some desync or path finding problem with aggroed zeds trying to get you. After logging back on I was rubberbanding back like described above. But i found the zed on the ground floor. I was able to move on AFTER killing it. I had several instances of rubberbanding since, always with zed sounds but the zeds somehow not getting to me. When I was able to find them or they got finally free, attacked me and I killed them, I was able to move on.

Happened exactly that way about five times now.

Also dropped items don't always spawn in the vicinity. I cannot say if that is connected to the rubberbanding problem, because I only figgured out the connection between aggroed zeds and rubberbanding after loosing my ammunition box.

By the mount of occurences of having (at least by sound) aggroed zeds after me and the rubberbanding at the same time with only being able to go on after killing the zeds, I'm pretty sure the connection is there. The question is probably just why the zeds don't reach me. One was like gnawling on my ear in a red brick bar and then was gone. Took probably minutes until he all of a sudden came out and I was able to move on after killing it.

That might be bautschi, but it was happening to me with no zeds around that I could hear or see.

so

Oh, I forgot, new sounds were added for the female chars. When hit by zombies a woman cries now. I first thought it was a new zombie sound. That freaked me out quite a bit.

cant wait to test these :)

and yes everyone i'm back

hallelujah

• Like 1

so

hallelujah

It will be hard to test when every time you need to bandage, you get on the floor and handcuff yourself hahaha.

come on guys, what the HELL is going on? EVERYTHING was just perfectly finde. All of a sudden a random ninja patch appeared last night and the rubberbanding begins. Right now i'm stuck in a building as a freshspawn, because thanks to rubberbanding i lost all my gear through death by Z's hitting me from 30m away. please fix this asap! it's unplayable right now. :(

so

hallelujah

about time you got back.. was getting boring around here

come on guys, what the HELL is going on? EVERYTHING was just perfectly finde. All of a sudden a random ninja patch appeared last night and the rubberbanding begins. Right now i'm stuck in a building as a freshspawn, because thanks to rubberbanding i lost all my gear through death by Z's hitting me from 30m away. please fix this asap! it's unplayable right now. :(

Stable (0.43) is working fine.

Stable (0.43) is working fine.

just no. thats not right. Since yesterday it's a huge mess. Just take a look at the Bugreport Section. I use to play with 5+ Friends and all of them got the same Problem.

It is just unplayable on stable right now. Right now i'm uploading a Video. No desync, nothing running in background. Just Rubberbanding into the same spot.

Nothing is working "fine". Sadly

just no. thats not right. Since yesterday it's a huge mess. Just take a look at the Bugreport Section. I use to play with 5+ Friends and all of them got the same Problem.

It is just unplayable on stable right now. Right now i'm uploading a Video. No desync, nothing running in background. Just Rubberbanding into the same spot.

so stable got the same update as experimental then?

That's sad... :( I have played stable 12 hours ago and was good. From twitter I understand that it was pushed an update to experimental, something about database.

That's sad... :( I have played stable 12 hours ago and was good. From twitter I understand that it was pushed an update to experimental, something about database.

The sad thing is you havent played dayZ in 12 hours.. for shame

so stable got the same update as experimental then?

it looks like. I'm playing on stable and yesterday night - aprox. 9PM EST - Steam started to download a small patch of < 200mb. Since then i've got the rubberbanding and right now its such a huge problem, that i can't play anymore. One of my friends is playing too, he got the same problem. All the people i met ingame got the same problem.

Youtube Link follows.

here it is, sorry for the bad quality - wanted to upload it asap:

As said above, ~12 hours ago everything was fine. Since that weird patch it's a mess. It doesn't matter if i switch between stable and exp.

Edited by Owltalktoyou
  • Like 3

So, I patch up to the new experimental build, and start my game. I'm up near the NEAF, so I just figured I'd go check it out and maybe get some more goodies. Well, after finally making it there (5 min run took about 15 with the rubberbanding going on) I head on into the first outpost on the east end. Pretty cleared out already.. check out the rest of the airfield, but it's already pretty looted up. Anywho, I decide to play tag with one of the Zeds, which I quickly dispatch with a shotgun to the face.. Then the fun begins. I start getting hit by something invisible. I quickly scan around, nothing in sight. Not even the phantom zed sounds around.. but something is hitting me.

I figure I may have been lagging/desynced pretty hard. So, I just sprint to safety.. or so I would have thought. While I was sprinting, I was STILL being hit. lol.. was a nice little 'WTF' moment. I'm now in Krasnostav, SW of the NEAF in the school. Since I am bleeding, I apply a bandage. Then the fun begins again. As the bandage animation ends, the being handcuffed animation starts. Another WTF moment. So, now I am handcuffed, by phantom handcuffs. I was not carrying any handcuffs on me at the time. I could not get out of them for the life of me, and it would not let me wiggle out of them.. and now I have agro'd another Zed onto me. </sigh> As I could not bring out any of my weapons, nor being able to run away, I decide to take my chances and log out from the server.

Goodtimes! Before all this happened, I also drank a Pipsi and did some funky dance. Kinda wish I had recorded this.

Anywho, back to the game.

• Like 1

As said above, ~12 hours ago everything was fine. Since that weird patch it's a mess. It doesn't matter if i switch between stable and exp.

Thank's for the info and let's hope they will fix this soon (on stable at least).

Goodtimes! Before all this happened, I also drank a Pipsi and did some funky dance. Kinda wish I had recorded this.

Anywho, back to the game.

:D
  • Like 1