Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Think about the actual gameplay though.

Judging by what you are saying all the guns and ammo should be used on other players and we should tip toe around the Z's. This shouldn't be a deathmatch type game.

The whole thing that makes DayZ stand out against other zombie games is the ability to strategise around the masses and bump into other players without knowing what may happen.

Instead of having zombies running they should be walking in different group numbers, collecting in areas where people are or maybe where thee used to be livestock.

Zombies randomly spawning in fields and running at you from any direction means as a solo player it's almost impossible to clear an area effectively.

For example, just this afternoon.

I approach a town from the east, I scope out the field in the north and there is nothing there.

I then walk along the north side of the town looking in to see what there is and I get knocked out by a zombie which has just spawned behind me and sprinted at me, making no noise till after its first swings at me.

I always move tactically, always checking over my shoulders periodically. But I shouldn't have to keep looking behind me when I have verified there is nothing there and that I really need to focus forward.

I have played over 200 hours of the standalone but will be putting it down now till this is changed.

Zombie respawn is a placeholder at the moment. It will be changing. If you want to set the game aside to wait for the actual respawn mechanic to be implemented, that's fair. Me, I'd learn to adapt and turn a disadvantage to an advantage. If you shoot a zed, the other zeds and the respawning zeds will head to the location of the shot. I see an opportunity in that.

He name of the game in a survival horror game is adaptation and thinking outside the box. The game works with many types of gameplay, but not all, and some forms of gameplay are riskier than others. It's all about figuring out how to approach the game rather than asking the game to change to match your style of gameplay.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

Hey guy's & devs. One little request here (again)... love this patch so far, but please spread the spawn far more. I know for SURE this is not much of code and won't cause any gamebreaking bugs etc. (cause i was fooling around in the mod a bit) and i guess it will make the game with current zeds "edit: and no respawning loot" much more playable/fun. Why? "edit:" I just respawned seven times in the same spot with no loot nearby and starved! With current zeds and the oldschool "spawn on the beach" its not much fun (imo) because zed -> maybe bleed -> using t-shirt -> wont find any loot -> die -> rinse and repeat. 

Why not insert much more spawnpoints around the map (far from "hotspots" like airfields and stuff).No loss, only win imho (gamewise) cause you'll never know if you spawn near your corpse (what pretty much player aim for) and spawning/looting would be much more fun. ;)

Edit:  some stuff i missed

Edited by HardstylerSL

Hey guy's & devs. One little request here (again)... love this patch so far, but please spread the spawn far more. I know for SURE this is not much of code and won't cause any gamebreaking bugs etc. (cause i was fooling around in the mod a bit) and i guess it will make the game with current zeds "edit: and no respawning loot" much more playable/fun. Why? "edit:" I just respawned seven times in the same spot with no loot nearby and starved! With current zeds and the oldschool "spawn on the beach" its not much fun (imo) because zed -> maybe bleed -> using t-shirt -> wont find any loot -> die -> rinse and repeat. 

Why not insert much more spawnpoints around the map (far from "hotspots" like airfields and stuff).No loss, only win imho (gamewise) cause you'll never know if you spawn near your corpse (what pretty much player aim for) and spawning/looting would be much more fun. ;)

Edit:  some stuff i missed

I noticed they spawning issue too, spawning near your old self is something the do not want at all, as this defeats the purpose of permadeath.

are you heading inland of staying on the coast for the food?

I spend many hours in dayz and near coast + i guess -1,5km near north loot is extremly rare (cause most stuff allready looted)... i am speaking of packed servers of course. I don't like empty/near empty servers. ;)

... I'd report the memory leak on the feedback page.

The next time I'll make a screenshot so I know the exact message. Otherwise it's probably not very useful for the devs.

I spend many hours in dayz and near coast + i guess -1,5km near north loot is extremly rare (cause most stuff allready looted)... i am speaking of packed servers of course. I don't like empty/near empty servers. ;)

if you head inland there is plenty of loot. plus if you are desperate you can always pick berries

For example, just this afternoon.

I approach a town from the east, I scope out the field in the north and there is nothing there.

I then walk along the north side of the town looking in to see what there is and I get knocked out by a zombie which has just spawned behind me and sprinted at me, making no noise till after its first swings at me.

Yep, I thought it's just me. Had exectly the same problem that Zombies often don't make a noise and I just get hit and know "oh there he/she is".

• Like 1

• New zombie animations in testing (they are considerably faster). We will be engaging with the community to decide if these new animations result in the zombies being too fast.

This new thing actualy made me feel kind of scared of the zombies, at the same time got me more into the StandAlone as a Zombie Survival game, im excited to go experiment with zombies.

Aaaaand. Stil no thread on the latest experimental.

Rubber banding is back in a big way.

there is still an issue with rubber banding when carrying a 2 handed weapon. they are looking at this Today when the get into work.

I've noticed a little rubberbanding in my play time earlier this evening. Nothing huge but it happened a few times with a max of maybe 35 meters run. the other couple of times it was just a few feet. I'd say a massive improvement over the last build, personally.

Again, about the zeds. This is a zombie apocalypse game, not a team deathmatch or solo deathmatch game. While I love pvp, it should encompass survival in a bottmed-out world from zombies AND players alike. Though it's only a placeholder, I think it's a great step in the right direction to make the zeds assholes. This game was never intended to be a walk in the park with a dora the explorer learning curve. You're going to die trying quite a bit, no matter what your playstyle is.

• Like 2

Also notice that, when running with a two-handed weapon, you only hear half of the footfalls (sort of like you're hopping on one leg). Switch to a gun or no item and it's back to the ol' two feet hittin' the pavement sound. 

What the hell with the zombies????

Playing DayZ finally on this new patch and then suddently, when I shot the first bullet, every zombie followed me, spotted me from far as 300-400 meters distant.

The speed! They are like running 50% faster or something.... Also, they seem to run so fast, that when they bump into me, they drop dead.................

I couldnt shoot them properly due to the speed they are moving at... I mean, what the hell, decrease the speed a little..........

Edited by iraqiboy90
  • Like 1

What the hell with the zombies????

Playing DayZ finally on this new patch and then suddently, when I shot the first bullet, every zombie followed me, spotted me from far as 300-400 meters distant.

The speed! They are like running 50% faster or something.... Also, they seem to run so fast, that when they bump into me, they drop dead.................

I couldnt shoot them properly due to the speed they are moving at... I mean, what the hell, decrease the speed a little..........

and always ruined your gear,2 hit and gun,mag,ammo ruined

yesterday play 3hours and ruined magnum,5xspeedloader,mk2,3x fnx mag,3xhodie,7.62 ammo,3xbandage,morphine,vest

need more spawn for pistol magazines,have four guns and no mags,if you one found immediately ruined by zombies

raincoat=got wet :-)

thats no fun

Desync and rubberbanding is still an issue.

A little advice: don't drop anything important on the ground unless you drop something first to test if you are for want of a better word, lagged. You can have a fine ping, no desync, and yet shit does not appear on the ground where you drop it...what happens is it appears on the ground at some point in your past...so it's like the rubberbanding issue (maybe related?) except your dropped loot gets rubberbanded to a previous position and you don't.

Pretty fucked up. I know it was just a hotfix to let us play this weekend, so it's understandable...but I sure as hell hope they can fix this shit this week some time.

And the whole "getting wet", "soaked" mechanic is pretty broken. You will suddenly get soaked in the middle of a sunny day for no reason at all. Try it on ship wreck in north coast...climb a ladder or two there in the sun = soaking wet. It's happened to me running in the forest as well, sunny day, dry forest = soaking wet.

Infected feedback in appropriate thread. tl;dr, Set it back to the old infected placeholder code until you fix the building clipping, super hearing/sight, and for teh love of god, fix melee as it is the absolute worst in any modern game.

I start to wonder if anyone checks their god damn code any more...bloody hell.

• Like 2

The zombie speed combined with another problems make a horrible user experience.

Because:

There is not a balance between M4A1 magazines (easy to find) and any pistol magazine (rare). So, if you have a pistol without a magazine and try to kill zombies it is almost imposible. If you want to run faster than zombies you have to keep your hands free. If you want to run while you chamber one bulltet at a time, the zombies will hit you while you are running.

Ok, if you want to run far enough the turn arond and kill them with SKS, you will not be able to fix the target from distance because you alredy sprinted too much and you have to wait to come closer.

So, killing zombies with any gun makes a horrible user experience. I don't like to fire SKS when the zombie is 1 m away from me. At that distance I can use fireaxe. My problem is that I don't get satisfaction anymore using a gun against the zombies.

• Like 1

With build 0.43 i have experienced short distance teleportation for me and for zombies too. It was a little desync. But again, this minor problem combined with zombie respawn near you make a horrible user experience. It looks like a bug and not a feature.

Ehm...just played 10min atm. Zombies move slow again? -.-

//edit forget it. Still the same! puh..

Edited by BaseLine^

Zombie respawn is a placeholder at the moment. It will be changing. If you want to set the game aside to wait for the actual respawn mechanic to be implemented, that's fair. Me, I'd learn to adapt and turn a disadvantage to an advantage. If you shoot a zed, the other zeds and the respawning zeds will head to the location of the shot. I see an opportunity in that.

He name of the game in a survival horror game is adaptation and thinking outside the box. The game works with many types of gameplay, but not all, and some forms of gameplay are riskier than others. It's all about figuring out how to approach the game rather than asking the game to change to match your style of gameplay.

This temporary respawn feature is a bad decision. It should have never been included on stable. When you fire a gun in city you will notice that many zombies are coming from all directions through walls and buildins around you. This feature only makes things worst at this stage.

• Like 4

I don't understand why you are all complaining about zombies being to fast, or to many, or to ...
This is a Zombie Survival game. We need to survive zombies, hunger, infections, and then think about PVP.
There is sill no infection from zombies or from getting wet. What will you say then?
From my point of view we need the zombies to reach the level from the "infection" patch from the mod.
Zombies need to have much more impact in the game. When you enter a town, first you should worry about zombies and not other players.

I've played yesterday with a group of 4 friends.

Indeed some zombies spawned behind us, but we didn't had any problems in killing all of them.

The only time i got hit by a zombie, was when i stood in a tree trying to snipe someone.

• Like 3

I don't understand why you are all complaining about zombies being to fast, or to many, or to ...

This is a Zombie Survival game. We need to survive zombies, hunger, infections, and then think about PVP.

There is sill no infection from zombies or from getting wet. What will you say then?

From my point of view we need the zombies to reach the level from the "infection" patch from the mod.

Zombies need to have much more impact in the game. When you enter a town, first you should worry about zombies and not other players.

I've played yesterday with a group of 4 friends.

Indeed some zombies spawned behind us, but we didn't had any problems in killing all of them.

The only time i got hit by a zombie, was when i stood in a tree trying to snipe someone.

agreed