Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Do broken limbs have indicators now? I'm especially asking about arms.

Apparently yesterday a few hits from zombies managed to break my arm. The funny thing is that I didn't notice it until I found a LRS.

I aimed down the scope and noticed that my crosshair is shaking way to much. I used morphine, got a message that I used morphine without any feedback that I actually fixed any limbs, and the shaking was gone - my arm was indeed broken.

What's up with that?

Edited by retro19

I don't know how the devs deal with some of these babies.  All I read is whine whine whine.  Whine they want stronger/more zombies, whine that there to strong.  The devs already stated that the zombie is just a place holder and yet people still whine whine whine.  Drives me NUTS. 

Can't believe I'm saying it... I hate this phrase... but its f*&^ing ALPHA. 

All you read it's feedback.

Ok, maybe 60% of the post are whine based feedback, but it is still feedback.

As far as I see it, we have the following:

1. The veteran type of players:

- has played dayz mode from the beginning

- want a really hard gameplay implemented, but knows that this process takes time,.

2. The normal type of players:

- played a little of dayz mode.

- want a easy gameplay implemented.

3. The bambies

- new to the game

- want new hats and more colored boots

4. The trolls

- "when do we have helicopters and ufos?"

As far as i know you'll see a message in red saying that your arm is in pain, or something...

Edited by RaduV

Welcome to the DayZ Mod Zombie Whining: Standalone edition. It's primarily a zombie game. The current zombie respawn mechanic was added as a placeholder because the community bitched that the zombies didn't respawn. Now they are too hard because of the respawn. Look people, Rocket basically TOLD people not to buy the game at this stage. You have to be prepared to not have a good gaming experience at this stage because it is a work in progress. Yes, they glitch through walls... temporary solution? Don't go into a building and then be stupid and run around making a lot of noise or pop your head up in front of windows, or run around straight up on the roof. Duh! They cannot see through walls when they aren't aggro'd. If you aggro a zed while in-doors, get the hell out and deal with them outside. Duh! And if you don't like the fact that zombies hear your gunfire, go play some other game, because that's been a part of DayZ from the get go and it ain't goin' nowhere.

So, to sum up: Grow a pair. Play the game that's there, realize it's a work in progress and adapt. That's what survival is all about. All this complaint about zeds gave me an idea. I actually suicided my Stable character and started fresh - the aim: to survive along the coast with no weapons. Result so far? A couple hours of intense gameplay and I'm energized, hydrated and stuffed with a backpack containing cans of beans I can't open yet. I almost starved, but didn't. And this was on as full a server as I could get in Hardcore that wasn't already full - 28/40. I saw one player and heard some others firing m4's. None of them saw me. I had 5 zeds on me at one point in the town of Solni. Scary as hell and a lot of fun! Man up, people... man up.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 4

Welcome to the DayZ Mod Zombie Whining: Standalone edition. It's primarily a zombie game. The current zombie respawn mechanic was added as a placeholder because the community bitched that the zombies didn't respawn. Now they are too hard because of the respawn. Look people, Rocket basically TOLD people not to buy the game at this stage. You have to be prepared to not have a good gaming experience at this stage because it is a work in progress. Yes, they glitch through walls... temporary solution? Don't go into a building and then be stupid and run around making a lot of noise or pop your head up in front of windows, or run around straight up on the roof. Duh! They cannot see through walls when they aren't aggro'd. If you aggro a zed while in-doors, get the hell out and deal with them outside. Duh! And if you don't like the fact that zombies hear your gunfire, go play some other game, because that's been a part of DayZ from the get go and it ain't goin' nowhere.

So, to sum up: Grow a pair. Play the game that's there, realize it's a work in progress and adapt. That's what survival is all about. All this complaint about zeds gave me an idea. I actually suicided my Stable character and started fresh - the aim: to survive along the coast with no weapons. Result so far? A couple hours of intense gameplay and I'm energized, hydrated and stuffed with a backpack containing cans of beans I can't open yet. I almost starved, but didn't. And this was on as full a server as I could get in Hardcore that wasn't already full - 28/40. I saw one player and heard some others firing m4's. None of them saw me. I had 5 zeds on me at one point in the town of Solni. Scary as hell and a lot of fun! Man up, people... man up.

Ontopic:Totally agree

Offtopic: I've just realized that "you have my beans!" button is just ironic. Because you give a person you beans, but how the fluck would he open the can? So saying that: "you can have my can opener"

Edited by RaduV

I like to shoot Zombies from a distance with a LRS on a Mosin,it's my favorite thing to do ;)

When Pop is down low on a server,I also like going in all Clint Eastwood like...into a small town blasting everything in site lol

lots of fun now with so many Zeds and the way there spawning in now!

We all have our own personal kicks but I have to agree. Target practice is fun.

DayZ Alpha

Yeah, alpha. That means work in progress. Not beta, or preview trial which will both be *closer* to a completed game.

For an alpha this is one hell of a good game. The devs are listening to the community, they know they can't implement every single thing otherwise we'd end up with a completely confused game. The patches and updates are coming frequently, the fixes for game breaking issues (the lag/desync) are quick to be implemented.

I'm not going to say 'stop whining' as everyone is entitled to their own point of view, what I will suggest is that if you have something negative to say try to do so in a constructive manner.

• Like 1

Apparently yesterday a few hits from zombies managed to break my arm. The funny thing is that I didn't notice it until I found a LRS.

I aimed down the scope and noticed that my crosshair is shaking way to much. I used morphine, got a message that I used morphine without any feedback that I actually fixed any limbs, and the shaking was gone - my arm was indeed broken.

What's up with that?

As far as i know you'll see a message in red saying that your arm is in pain, or something...

Asked the same question yesterday. I currently have pain in my leg, but i can run. The answer yesterday was that you should be able to cure the problem with painkillers and that is not implemented yet.

If your arm was broken, my leg is broken. So why can I run? A month or so ago I was moving around via toddler express before I was able to get a splint. Or was it morphine? Don't remember.

Oh and while I'm here, has anyone else tried to fill their canteen when it's raining yet? Was doing this over the weekend and it's 1% at a time, so definitely a last resort!

Oh and while I'm here, has anyone else tried to fill their canteen when it's raining yet? Was doing this over the weekend and it's 1% at a time, so definitely a last resort!

Yeah, tryed it. 1% isnt much, but atleast you can spam it :)

Yup, as I say it's definitely a last resort option. There's plenty of water sources around at the moment so you can just fill there, but it's a good idea to have added this in too.

Asked the same question yesterday. I currently have pain in my leg, but i can run. The answer yesterday was that you should be able to cure the problem with painkillers and that is not implemented yet.

If your arm was broken, my leg is broken. So why can I run? A month or so ago I was moving around via toddler express before I was able to get a splint. Or was it morphine? Don't remember.

It was either, as both of these fix your "broken leg".  

Also, the notification is there.  My character suffered a broken arm and when you look at your character paperdoll, it says "fractured".  

to fix a broken leg / arm you must use morphine or splints.

Also, the notification is there.  My character suffered a broken arm and when you look at your character paperdoll, it says "fractured".  

The problem was I had no indicator at all - just couldn't aim straight until I used morphine. Suggests that those indicators are somewhat broken.

The problem was I had no indicator at all - just couldn't aim straight until I used morphine. Suggests that those indicators are somewhat broken.

Hm.  I thought I remember seeing a post in the changelog stating that the indicators were somewhat fixed.  My character last night (stable version) has so many indicators at the moment.  I'm Soaked, Fractured, Healthy, Energized, and Healing.  The Soaked changes so I know it's not broken and goes away after a while.  The Healing was just displayed last night, so I know that's working.  Fractured is also working, because I literally got hit with an axe and boom, broken arm.  

However, I can't confirm if the Energized/Healthy is working because I don't let myself ever get a "you're hungry" or "you're thirsty" notification.  I drink from wells or ponds any chance I get and I'm always eating food as I pick it up.  

Edited by twinturbonet

I just checked that. If "fractured" is supposed to be just another status indicator like hydrated or stuffed? There was none yesterday and is none now. I tried clicking on body parts, never done that before. Just thought that maybe there are submenues i had overlooked the last 60 hours...found nothing. I should mention that I did only stay on the server to check this, in that time no message concerning my leg was displayed. But it did not magically disapear when I had to log out yesterday, so I hazard a guess that it's still there.

Maybe it's a little wonky like the healthy indicator that is also not always displayed.

I am not convinced it is a broken leg because I can run just fine. If you can run with a broken leg, then what was broken when I could only crawl twice? My pelvis?

Edit: Tested my aiming, it's fine, don't know if a broken leg should indicate there like a broken arm. Maybe running with a broken leg is just some regression. Also possible.

Edited by bautschi

I just checked that. If "fractured" is supposed to be just another status indicator like hydrated or stuffed? There was none yesterday and is none now. I tried clicking on body parts, never done that before. Just thought that maybe there are submenues i had overlooked the last 60 hours...found nothing. I should mention that I did only stay on the server to check this, in that time no message concerning my leg was displayed. But it did not magically disapear when I had to log out yesterday, so I hazard a guess that it's still there.

Maybe it's a little wonky like the healthy indicator that is also not always displayed.

I am not convinced it is a broken leg because I can run just fine. If you can run with a broken leg, then what was broken when I could only crawl twice? My pelvis?

Edit: Tested my aiming, it's fine, don't know if a broken leg should indicate there like a broken arm. Maybe running with a broken leg is just some regression. Also possible.

I've only seen the indicator "fractured" for a broken arm.

Any changes this morning, or were the servers just down for regular maintenance of some sort?

Any changes this morning, or were the servers just down for regular maintenance of some sort?

Stable or experimental?

Edited by leviaxxan

whats up with the zombies? do they have some sort of NOS tank up their ass? they are so fast...

Edited by raynor009

Someone has been feeding them too many beans and too much tactical bacon.

Yep, you actually have to consider whether to fight or run.

I hate zombies. I hated them before, and now I hate them more. They run faster than me, they can ruin my stuff in one hit or make me blood. I can't shoot them otherwise more zombies spawn. I'm tired of hearing them moo. What should I do? Stop playing until next patch, that's it.

I was with a friend at NW airport looting stuff. They managed to ruin his vest and pants, and my pants too. I think I will just keep looting beans in farms.

You are the perfect example why there should be ignore function on this forum. Stop trolling.

• Like 4