Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I don't understand why you are all complaining about zombies being to fast, or to many, or to ...

This is a Zombie Survival game. We need to survive zombies, hunger, infections, and then think about PVP.

There is sill no infection from zombies or from getting wet. What will you say then?

From my point of view we need the zombies to reach the level from the "infection" patch from the mod.

Zombies need to have much more impact in the game. When you enter a town, first you should worry about zombies and not other players.

I've played yesterday with a group of 4 friends.

Indeed some zombies spawned behind us, but we didn't had any problems in killing all of them.

The only time i got hit by a zombie, was when i stood in a tree trying to snipe someone.

Still a difference if you have a good game with many, intelligent and frightening zombies, or if they are just dangerous because of poor design choices, spawning next to you, running through everything etc.... I want a hard game that is good, not a game that is hard because it is broken and bad...

• Like 6

I agree, we just want a good game and user experience. Try using a gun in the midle of a city, running and relaoding a gun while a zombie is running next to you. My point is that you have no statisfaction using a gun against zombies. Of course you could use fireaxe, but I was just saying about guns.

I like that zombies are more of a threat, but the spawn system definitely still needs work, and I hope they realize this.  It's really weird, it's almost like killing a zombie makes the situation worse for you.  You kill one and the next thing you know there's like 8 running through walls, they're spawning like 10 feet in front of you or wherever else.  It doesn't really matter where, for like 5 minutes you just have a constant stream of zombies coming after you.  Even when you take the zombies out quietly, it like you just aggroed the whole city and it doesn't feel right.  I was out in the woods, there was one zombie, i killed it real fast, and the next thing I knew there where zombies coming at me from every direction even though there was just one before.... felt really weird.  It sucks when you're stalking someone, or trying to set an ambush for someone who is stalking you and you take out one zombie that ran at you and the next thing you know you have a problem for 5 minutes.

• Like 1

I logged out at the upper floor of a house in the new town north of NEAF. after relogging i spawned under the room. happend to me before, was not much of a problem since u always could vault out at a corner or smthn. but now every other action besides crouch and walking is not available. i cant vault nor go prone. anybody knows, if that is a "new feature" to prevent glitching maybe? and above all; has anyone a clue what i can do to get out of there? :(

edit: managed to escape by running against the wall while switching weapons...phew!

Edited by Stonejackit

Still a difference if you have a good game with many, intelligent and frightening zombies, or if they are just dangerous because of poor design choices, spawning next to you, running through everything etc.... I want a hard game that is good, not a game that is hard because it is broken and bad...

The problem with zombies running through everything was from the beginning. Indeed this is a problem, but not a huge problem.

I see in this thread that many complain about beeing attacked by zombies, and not being able to kill any of them. This is like playing dodgeball and complaining of being hit with a ball.

Indeed there is a problem with the zombies and the re-spawn, but it is nothing that we cannot live with and adapt to it.

I like that zombies are more of a threat, but the spawn system definitely still needs work, and I hope they realize this.  It's really weird, it's almost like killing a zombie makes the situation worse for you.  You kill one and the next thing you know there's like 8 running through walls, they're spawning like 10 feet in front of you or wherever else.  It doesn't really matter where, for like 5 minutes you just have a constant stream of zombies coming after you.  Even when you take the zombies out quietly, it like you just aggroed the whole city and it doesn't feel right.  I was out in the woods, there was one zombie, i killed it real fast, and the next thing I knew there where zombies coming at me from every direction even though there was just one before.... felt really weird.  It sucks when you're stalking someone, or trying to set an ambush for someone who is stalking you and you take out one zombie that ran at you and the next thing you know you have a problem for 5 minutes.

Devs already told us that currnet zombie respawn mechanic is temporary, anyway I don't understand why did they hurry with this temporary feature that only makes the game look more bugy. And you cannot run from a zombie with a gun in your hand, this is not challenging nor realistic. What should I supposed to do? Just run?

Devs already told us that currnet zombie respawn mechanic is temporary, anyway I don't understand why did they hurry with this temporary feature that only makes the game look more bugy. And you cannot run from a zombie with a gun in your hand, this is not challenging nor realistic. What should I supposed to do? Just run?

The put in the temp respawn cause everyone was crying about no Zeds. and turn around, put up your fists and hope for the best.

And you cannot run from a zombie with a gun in your hand, this is not challenging nor realistic.

Indeed it's not realistic, but not as you think it.

Let's see the facts:

Normal person with a huge backpack and 2 handed weapon in hands trying to outrun a zombie. Well the odds should not be in your favor. Also take in consideration that there is no fatigue factor implemented.

For the Challenging part well:

- if you are a bambi, it's challenging to loot a town when you know zombies are always there.

- if you are a sniper it's challenging to snipe someone. First shot will get you zombies, so you need to leave the position. But if you leave the position then you might be seen...

Indeed it's not realistic, but not as you think it.

Let's see the facts:

Normal person with a huge backpack and 2 handed weapon in hands trying to outrun a zombie. Well the odds should not be in your favor. Also take in consideration that there is no fatigue factor implemented.

For the Challenging part well:

- if you are a bambi, it's challenging to loot a town when you know zombies are always there.

- if you are a sniper it's challenging to snipe someone. First shot will get you zombies, so you need to leave the position. But if you leave the position then you might be seen...

I partially agree what you are saying. I like challenge too. Perhaps I am so annoyed about this because multiple problems are accumulating. In the middle of Zelenogorsk I want to fire a gun just for fun. I shoot the first zomebie, then more are coming. I shot another and so on until they are spawning around me, they are clipping from houses, I start to run, but I cannot chamber another bullet in my pistol because I have to sprint without gun. Also pistol magazine very hard to find. I just wanted to have som fun and didn't care about possible players. Just spend my amunition on zombies. Although I have survived I did not get my satisfaction: In the end using my SKS as a "meele" wapon shooting from 1 m away.

...In the middle of Zelenogorsk I want to fire a gun just for fun.

Well you should pay a price for doing something like that. Let's be honest: In real-life you would not do something like that, EVER.

The idea of this game was to be closer to reality and because of that when you encounter a "so called problem, bug": ask your self one question: Would i be able to do that in real life?

Well, you came at me guns balzing on my first post, and why you dont seem to grasp the fact that when you buy the game, you get a big sign saying its in alpha dev. When you start the game you have to click an accept button that says its an alpha with many bugs etc etc. Why on earth do you start of right at the bat thinking Im a morron not knowing this? You have your oppinions, I have mine. You seem to think that for me calling them a zombie and not infected is wrong somehow? Why? Cant they be both? "Wheres that damn zombiedictionary when you need it". I counter you on everything because your not really helpful in your answeres, you are more condescending. Therefor I kinda don´t really care what you think do or say. But let´s end it here shall we. You got your ideas, I got mine, none of us are right or wrong in anything. Its a game, its a story, it can be whatever we want it to be. And I don´t want it to be fastrunning zombies!

I make my suggestions in the "Suggestions" subforum, for starters. I'm hardly a fanboy to the mod for understanding the restricitons that are present in the engine and the AI. Why you can't grasp that thought is beyond me. I can tell you that *they're not zombies but infected, cause I stated that you are a survivor who didn't get infected. And yes, devs want our opinion, and you're entitled to yours. But I've told you why there are still major problems. If you still fail to see why that is, I can't help you further. In a nutshell, the infected will be bugged for quite some time, and I really think the devs don't actually need about a thousand posts telling them that they are clipping through the walls and that it's a bug, cause they probably know that they are clipping through the walls and that it is indeed a bug. Same goes for their vision, hearing and superpowers. It needs to get fixed, it will get fixed, but it doesn't need to be pointed out that much cause doing that won't speed up the process. Sorry.

For the scientific term of a zombie, I could try and tell you why I think the infected should actually be better/stronger/faster than us, and why it would actually be a plausible scenario and somewhat realistic state of infected people, but I see that you've decided to counter me on everything, and honestly, you're starting to annoy me a bit and I honestly like the most of this community, so I'm gonna keep it that way.

So I pretty much caught up on this thread (Alot of pages to look over) and out of everything (Not relighting that fight), there was the argument over if the NPC's/AI are zombies or infected. Then that really got my my mind going. Are zombies and infected completely different entity's/creatures etc etc.? Why cant they be both as fevero mentioned? Maybe One is a subcategory of another? Now to the reason for the post. 

I personally thought infected were a sub-category of the Zombie mythos/idea. The general Idea that Zombies are a being stripped of it’s will, humanity, and normal behavior by outside forces either supernatural and mundane***. I went around to see if my Idea was even supported. 

The fine gentleman hoffa posted the definition from Webster Dictionary re-enforcing what he thought the definition is. hoffa if your still around was that a hard copy definition? If so is your copy updated? That seems to be the short version of the definition. Here is a link to the website for their full definition just a scroll down notch away with hoffas posted definition above : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zombie. 

This caught my eye. "b :  a person markedly strange in appearance or behavior"

Wouldn't this describe infected? I mean undead are not people/person anymore, are they? But infected are. Just sick people that are "markedly" strange in appearance or behavior.

How about this wikipedia entry? (HAHAH i know we can't trust everything on there but food for thought)

"The turn of the millennium coincided with a decade of box office successes in which the zombie sub-genre experienced a resurgence: the Resident Evil movies (2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012); the Dawn of the Dead remake (2004),[1] the British films 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later (2002, 2007)[16][17] and the comedy/homage Shaun of the Dead (2004). The new interest allowed Romero to create the fourth entry in his zombie series: Land of the Dead, released in the summer of 2005. Romero returned to the series with the films Diary of the Dead (2008) and Survival of the Dead(2010).[1]

Generally the zombies in these situations are the slow, lumbering and unintelligent kind first made popular in Night of the Living Dead.[18] Motion pictures created within the 2000s, however, like the Dawn of the Dead remake, and House of the Dead,[19] have featured zombies that are more agile, vicious, intelligent, and stronger than the traditional zombie.[20] Some are not cannibals craving "brains", but instead behave as "vectors" in spreading the infection to the non-infected, (as in Helix and World War Z). In many cases, these fast-moving zombies are depicted as living humans infected with a genetic-mutating and/or mind-altering pathogen (as in 28 Days LaterZombieland and Left 4 Dead) as a result of an epidemic or biological agent, instead of being supernatural "undead" or "re-animated" corpses."

There are little shreds of this all over the internet, books and other references but the one source I read sums up how I feel about zombies/infected and is attempting to define what a zombie is and what causes them. Also points out that George Romero did not create the idea of zombies, he brought them into popular culture. Essentially they don't have to be slow and eat flesh to be a zombie. Heres that site - http://www.thezombienation.com/zombies-defined/

I am just being open minded about all this and hope that this might help people do a little digging of themselves and decide for themselves.

TL,DR Ask your self are zombies and infected completely different entity's/creatures etc etc.? Why cant they be both the same thing? Maybe One is a subcategory of another? My opinion is zombies are beings stripped of it’s will, humanity, and normal behavior by outside forces either supernatural and mundane***

Quick reference links for what I have here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zombie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_(fictional)

http://www.thezombienation.com/zombies-defined/

***Quoted from http://www.thezombienation.com/zombies-defined/. I couldn't think clearly at the time to describe the whole point of this being its 630AM and I am half awake..

PS. I can't wait till Zombies are able to not go through walls. Besides that, love what you guys did with the patch, keep up the great work. 

Edited by Karatii
  • Like 1

Well you should pay a price for doing something like that. Let's be honest: In real-life you would not do something like that, EVER.

The idea of this game was to be closer to reality and because of that when you encounter a "so called problem, bug": ask your self one question: Would i be able to do that in real life?

Ok, let's say that this type of fun is excluded. I am ready to accept this. Would you use guns just to hunt animals? No. Ofcourse we will hunt players too. So not being able to get your satisfaction from killing zombies with a gun, everybody will start killing people only. Anyway, I know this is temporary. Everything will be much better when zombies will not spawn next to you and no wall clipping.

• Like 1

Ok, let's say that this type of fun is excluded. I am ready to accept this. Would you use guns just to hunt animals? No. Ofcourse we will hunt players too. So not being able to get your satisfaction from killing zombies with a gun, everybody will start killing people only. Anyway, I know this is temporary. Everything will be much better when zombies will not spawn next to you and no wall clipping.

No, you got all of this wrong.

The beauty of this game is that: Everything is possible.

- If you want to go gun blazing in a town, you can do that. You'll have to worry about zombies, other players, but that is your choice.

- You can also go berry hunting :). Soon doing this you'll have to worry about some wild animals that may kill you.

- You can go in your underpants and have a teeeeea party,

No, you got all of this wrong.

The beauty of this game is that: Everything is possible.

- If you want to go gun blazing in a town, you can do that. You'll have to worry about zombies, other players, but that is your choice.

- You can also go berry hunting :). Soon doing this you'll have to worry about some wild animals that may kill you.

- You can go in your underpants and have a teeeeea party,

When I get my horse and pet dog I will be riding around saving people from zeds. then once it is all clear I will ride away into the sunset

Well I played for 20 minutes on stable, its 8:08 am my time. I had to quit the game as I was thrust back into the Zelenogorsk Police Station no matter which direction I chose to leave. Each time it took me 10-15 secs to get out of the police station. I tried this about a dozen times before logging off.

Well I played for 20 minutes on stable, its 8:08 am my time. I had to quit the game as I was thrust back into the Zelenogorsk Police Station no matter which direction I chose to leave. Each time it took me 10-15 secs to get out of the police station. I tried this about a dozen times before logging off.

its because I tied a rubber band to your leg

Funny, More KOS?

Zombies don't care what you're shooting at.

Funny, More KOS?

Zombies don't care what you're shooting at.

My post have meaning in the context I was refering to: having fun with guns vs zombies in the middle of a city (hardcore). When you hunt player, you would use your fireaxe to silently kill a zombies.

Anyway I start to wonder if I am the only one who ever use guns against zombies.

I like to shoot Zombies from a distance with a LRS on a Mosin,it's my favorite thing to do ;)

When Pop is down low on a server,I also like going in all Clint Eastwood like...into a small town blasting everything in site lol

lots of fun now with so many Zeds and the way there spawning in now!

Edited by Scott61
  • Like 1

I wonder how what's in store for the next exp patch. These updates have me waiting like it's christmas morning every week!

Edit: sweet. BEAN KING STATUS!! Rawr!

Edited by Gekkonidae

I don't know how the devs deal with some of these babies.  All I read is whine whine whine.  Whine they want stronger/more zombies, whine that there to strong.  The devs already stated that the zombie is just a place holder and yet people still whine whine whine.  Drives me NUTS. 

Can't believe I'm saying it... I hate this phrase... but its f*&^ing ALPHA. 

Edited by ramsfan00
  • Like 1

I think they should spawn just a little more tbh.