Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Night seemed to last forever the last time I played.

The day cycle felt shorter for me as well comprared to the night. Then again that could be that I rarely play night and it seemed to take forever due to the hectic nature of it (i don't use gama exploits) :). I do like the advanced time I just hope they slow it down a little bit.

Edited by haknslash

Ahh i see the titles been changed, good job. As for experimenting i have done none, as i have rubberbanding issues and get shot from point blank range from someone who appeared in front of me. 

The new night is shit, just makes it even less fun to play now and looks so unrealistic. 

They need to give moon lighting and make it brighter, there is a reason people wanted to always turn up gamma, because it isn't fucking fun playing when it is pitch black, especially when the graphics are so borked, it doesn't even look how night does. I've been in places where there is very little light pollution and the stars are enough to brighten everything up to a point you can see. 

Edited by Miffy
  • Like 1

When is that fucking zombie audio glitch going to be fixed? I mean any bug that should have been fixed straight away, it is that one.

When is that fucking zombie audio glitch going to be fixed? I mean any bug that should have been fixed straight away, it is that one.

Actually that doesn't bather me that much any more. It's not like every stray zed will kill you absolute certainty. The soda can opening sound has me way more nervous. Is there someone drinking, or not? I'm shitting my pants! AHHH!

Actually that doesn't bather me that much any more. It's not like every stray zed will kill you absolute certainty. The soda can opening sound has me way more nervous. Is there someone drinking, or not? I'm shitting my pants! AHHH!

That is another one that does my head in.

Yeah I kind of agree. It was somewhat annoying to hear these noises randomly. Half the time they are half clips of the audio. I've noticed that they are getting really bad on experimental lately though. I'm hearing eating/drinking, people reloading and sorting ammo, zeds all the time, etc. The reloading really freaks me out. I'm hoping they address this one soon as well.

Yeah I kind of agree. It was somewhat annoying to hear these noises randomly. Half the time they are half clips of the audio. I've noticed that they are getting really bad on experimental lately though. I'm hearing eating/drinking, people reloading and sorting ammo, zeds all the time, etc. The reloading really freaks me out. I'm hoping they address this one soon as well.

I'm hearing stuff all the time, a couple of sounds every second. I think it's the birds and grashoppers which are "singing" at nights but they sound like zombies and ammo sorting ^^ Sometimes I hear myself reloading like 3 minutes after joining a server. Sometimes I jump once but my char jumps a minute later, two or even three times in a row. All that is annoying and it gives me a feeling this game is written realy bad

• Like 1

I'm hearing stuff all the time, a couple of sounds every second. I think it's the birds and grashoppers which are "singing" at nights but they sound like zombies and ammo sorting ^^ Sometimes I hear myself reloading like 3 minutes after joining a server. Sometimes I jump once but my char jumps a minute later, two or even three times in a row. All that is annoying and it gives me a feeling this game is written realy bad

Same here.

For me its interrupted sounds from zombies getting the whiff from me and the splitting rounds/combine bandages.

Happens like every 5 seconds.

What is up with everything being black at low light? At a time when there should be some light, the sky is still bright and yet everything is black.

Just isn't fun to play through night time, especially since the torch in this game sucks.

turn the moon on ffs.

Are military posts only place to find hunter backpacks?   I mean they are "Hunter" packs, not "Military". I'm a hunter, and rarely ever go to a city, let alone a military post.

Edited by just4me

DayZ mod > Standalone 

DayZ mod = modification for a game that was already built, using that game's engine and resources

Dayz StandAlone  = completely new game being built from the ground up using its own engine and resources

It's amazing how many people try to compare a full game (that's still in development) to a modification (that had a much shorter development time frame). Of course a mod that was essentially completed over a year ago is going to have more content than a full game that was started later, because it takes MUCH more to build a game from the ground up than it does to modify a game that is already finished. I can almost guarantee that most of the people that are complaining about the SA will be overexcited when it's finished; I already think the SA looks and plays better than the mod, even though it isn't close to being finished. While the mod is fun to play, it's still restricted essentially by the bounds of the game it's laid over, while the SA can break many of those restrictions because it doesn't have to follow the boundaries set by another game; it can set its own boundaries. That's part of what takes so long, since everything is built from scratch essentially and the devs are trying to find different ways of pushing (and even breaking) the boundaries set by the mod. I would much rather have devs take the time to put out a quality product than try to rush something out to appease the masses, and end up having a shit product. Developers get pushed into that all the time by big publishers, because the publishers just want to make money, and don't necessarily care about the quality of the product. People just need to learn to be patient (which, granted, IS hard in a generation full of ADD- and ADHD-riddled kids who can't focus on one thing for longer than 3 seconds). Think of it this way: you paid about $25-30 for access to a game that, when it's finished, will probably end up costing more than that, so you essentially got a discount. Not only that, but you get to play around with it WHILE it's being developed, not only witnessing and getting to play around with changes that are made during development that buyers of the end product won't get to, but you get to contribute and help shape the game through feedback and suggestions, something else that buyers of the end product won't get the chance to do. On top of all that, when it finally is released in a final version, you'll be WAY ahead of those who didn't touch it until they buy the final release, because you'll have spent so much time playing around on it during the development stage, so you'll know where to find loot, what areas to avoid, how things work, what gear is best, etc., while a new player on the final version most likely won't know most (if any) of that. So sit back, pop a few Ritalin, chill the fuck out and just enjoy the fact that you get to be a part of a game that is still taking shape (and, though progress is moving slowly, IS actually progressing, and in a very cool way).

Edited by Mancomb
  • Like 1

I don't think it's going to move fast enough to not get destroyed by competing games who do it better much faster.

I don't think it's going to move fast enough to not get destroyed by competing games who do it better much faster.

You could be right, but since I've already spent the money on it, and I'm a patient person by nature, I'll give it a chance.

Even though I think night should appear completely realistic, I'm not happy with it either, it just looks a bit weird, the colour bit-depth looks bizarre, the sky looks weirdly bright, but provides no light, and it should just been slightly lighter in general, to account for ambient light, and moonlight. 

I think it is moving just fine for what they are trying to do .. you say much better and faster ... i disagree on being better ... maybe faster ... and thats just cause they will be building it on a prebuilt engine not building it from the ground up ... if you want shit just slapped in go play the mod thats what its for ... if you want a game built correctly it will take time 

Wow, was just sitting in the dark of a forest reading my book "Ivanhoe", when all of the sudden, air raid sirens started going off in game ...  scared the crap out of me. I didn't see the local voice chat icon, but I don't adjust gamma and brightness, so maybe it was hidden.  So I don't know if someone was playing it near me, or game did it, but it happened a short time before reset. definitely felt post apocalyptic.  :)

Edited by just4me

turn the moon on ffs.

Classic !

The moon is a balloon.

Cheer up ffs.

• Like 1

I aint played in 2 months with over 196hrs of play. However.....

the game will be good once tents, vehicles and lots of other stuff is added.

Lots of development left yet.

... if you want shit just slapped in go play the mod thats what its for ... if you want a game built correctly it will take time 

THATS FUNNY

considering the mod is 100x better then what this sad excuse for a "game" currently is.    I don't know about you, but a game that is "built correctly" starts off with the Core Essentials (Graphics, Sound, Interactivity) , and last i checked, this "Running Simulator" isnt even close to being correct. I bet your all so happy that they put in crossbows and new weapons, except you still have to mash whatever # key you have it bound to 5 or 6 times before it even pulls that fancy new weapon out, and by then you've already been desync-MURDERED so it doesn't even matter.

I swear this game is being developed by a bunch of politicians and elected officials with the amount of unnecessary garbage thats being added and worked on currently. I understand that its an alpha, calling it that is even a stretch. But it doesn't matter if your developing games in North America or some hole in the floor 3rd world country, the fundamentals don't change. The fact you can't even move around properly in an empty world is a sad sad SAD fact considering how much money has been dumped into this project.

Thats funny cause i dont have to many issues ... maybe you should learn how to play ... and when you can make a game that is better or even make a game at all you can come judge how they are doing at making the game .. and as i said if the mod is so great then go play it 

• Like 4

THATS FUNNY

considering the mod is 100x better then what this sad excuse for a "game" currently is. I don't know about you, but a game that is "built correctly" starts off with the Core Essentials (Graphics, Sound, Interactivity) , and last i checked, this "Running Simulator" isnt even close to being correct. I bet your all so happy that they put in crossbows and new weapons, except you still have to mash whatever # key you have it bound to 5 or 6 times before it even pulls that fancy new weapon out, and by then you've already been desync-MURDERED so it doesn't even matter.

I swear this game is being developed by a bunch of politicians and elected officials with the amount of unnecessary garbage thats being added and worked on currently. I understand that its an alpha, calling it that is even a stretch. But it doesn't matter if your developing games in North America or some hole in the floor 3rd world country, the fundamentals don't change. The fact you can't even move around properly in an empty world is a sad sad SAD fact considering how much money has been dumped into this project.

You are just a sore sport huh haha ... But anyways night should defly be fixed a bit but to answer people's confusion , there are time accelerated servers (the one with "x" next to the time of the server) an the regular ones (without X's). I played on the accelerated one and hated it , but then joined another accelerated one and it seemed to be running at the perfect speed ..

The ones that aren't accelerated , it takes like 1-2 hrs to switch to day from night and night from day .. I really like the night when I have my gas lamp but they are very hard to find , I can't wait til fires come in fully hopefully then the devs will remove the option to change gamma and brightness so everyone has to play fair.

Also I would love to see a military (industrial?) flashlight added, one with a much bigger radius , cuz lets be honest survivalists wouldn't take the dinky little flashlight we have in this game haha but besides bad flashlights I'm loving the new stuff , can't wait for release to stable .

I am not at all disappointed in the progress made since I play (about 2.5 months). I thought about getting Arma2 and the DLCs in the Steam Sale just days ago and after watching quite a lot of youtube vids about the mod and decided against it.

It makes no sense to complain about not working "Core Essentials" being a problem while other things ("unnecessary garbage") are added. They are not related at all. Things that don't depend on each other are worked on simultaneously. That's how you use bigger numbers of developers, give them different problems. Not at all how you think it should be done "correctly" as far as I am concerned. The very thought of the wasted overhead should all devs concentrate on one problem at a time and then doing the next is ludicrous. There is such a thing as too many people working on a problem, especially in software development, where you have to spend tremendous amounts of time to understand the problem and its context in the existing code before you actually change something.

All in all, I disagree with your assessment of the current situation. That does not mean the product will be wonderful at the end, there is a long way to go, but your reasoning is just not sound as far as I am concerned.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 6

Yeah, I'd like variations of the torches myself. Would be cool to find one of those huge ass Flood Lights, or different colored lights. They are working on flares at the moment, so those should be in sometime pretty soon. I also hope they bring back chem lights. I found them pretty useful in the mod.

• Like 1