Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Die in hell Rocket.

Dude , relax , before I come to your house and wrestle you ... And I will win ... But on a better note I can't wait to play and experience the beginning of greatness :0

I gave up on the experimental. Fire ax still one shots zombies, but other times takes multilple hits and I mean over 8. 

could you PLEASE release patchnotes in this OFFICIAL forum?

I mean, even if you just copy paste this https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/456369909828567040 people will be satisfied. thanks.

because experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency, we are not able to produce patch notes. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice. Experimental updates are development snapshots, so to publish an accurate changelog we would have to manually prepare and check everything which is quite time consuming.

because experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency, we are not able to produce patch notes. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice. Experimental updates are development snapshots, so to publish an accurate changelog we would have to manually prepare and check everything which is quite time consuming.

sorry but thats bullsh**. even linus torvalds is able to give a proper changelog for the kernel rc's. git and some sed magic and you're done. the changelog doesn't have to be proper formated or sorted by type. also the pure git log output will be enough.

for stable your argument is valid in my opinion but for any experimental update a short, non formated log will do it.

anyway, i don't understand why people are so obsessed with changelogs. i think proper and fast updates are more useful than an exact changelog.

sorry but thats bullsh**. even linus torvalds is able to give a proper changelog for the kernel rc's. git and some sed magic and you're done. the changelog doesn't have to be proper formated or sorted by type. also the pure git log output will be enough.

for stable your argument is valid in my opinion but for any experimental update a short, non formated log will do it.

anyway, i don't understand why people are so obsessed with changelogs. i think proper and fast updates are more useful than an exact changelog.

Could you rephrase that first paragraph, i have no clue what your saying, and the lists of additions we have already released are the main features we want the community to test, so we know about performance and server load and things like that, to release a full changelog would take hours, of prep and even then we could change something or even remove something, 0.44 is for us to test the msg system, accel time and the throwing if items, and to see if the serverside performance boost will make 100 player servers possible. Then we will decide what makes it into stable which is when a changelog will be released.

and the lists of additions we have already released are the main features we want the community to test

are you on the dev team?

I've had improvements with in game performance and what feels like a reduction CPU power usage. There is less lag than what I'm normally used to. The new msg system thing seems to be alot better and feels more natural when you pick stuff up and drop it in and out of your inventory. I am desynching alot though, and I get the no msg recieved for blah blah seconds quite a bit, which is odd because for the most part it doesn't lag at all but then I suddenly desync more now in terms of being forced out of the map to server screen. Physics look a little odd, like frames are missing or something in animations which is wierd. Btw, what is the use of throwing something again? Seems like stones and books can't be thrown. 

Hard to decide. I think it's better then before. There are what appears to be some major performance gains then I desync. I'm from NZ if that makes any difference.

Being playing since the update. Havn't lost a character yet, wandering if thats because of the EXP servers being official servers though.

And holy hell the Time Accelerate thing I think is way too fast.

Still need more guns on the East side of the map :).

Is fire out yet?

And well done, thanks devs for all your hard work. 

Edited by JasonB

Just played on the 100 person server they had set up:

New mouse controls are awesome. Doesn't even feel like the same game. Makes the game feel like it's running smoother.

Frames seem about the same as before. Wasn't really around other players or cities so couldn't really test all that well.

Throwing things is a bit slow, but works.

Don't know if this is a bug or on purpose, but zombies do not die from one hit from a fire axe anymore. I had to hit them in the head like the machete.

Day/Night cycle is pretty cool, but the 40x they have set on the 100 person server is a bit too fast IMO.

Not sure what benefit the "guaranteed updates" are giving but I had minimal inventory lag and no desync and the server was full with 100 people or near it.

I'm soooo jealous! i want to try this update!!!!!!! ARGH

Ive had improvements with in game performance and what feels like a reduction CPU power usage. There is less lag than what I'm normally used to. The new msg system thing seems to be alot better and feels more natural when you pick stuff up and drop it in and out of your inventory. I am desynching alot though, and I get the no msg recieved for blah blah seconds quite a bit, which is odd because for the most part it doesn't lag at all but I desync more in terms of being forced out of the map to server screen. Physics look a little odd, like frames are missing or something in animations which is wierd. Btw, what is the use of throwing something again? Seems like stones and books can't be thrown. 

Is fire out yet?

you can throw rocks at zombies to knock them out. throw your axe at a friend.. good times

Edited by ministelis

Just played on the 100 person server they had set up:

New mouse controls are awesome. Doesn't even feel like the same game. Makes the game feel like it's running smoother.

Frames seem about the same as before. Wasn't really around other players or cities so couldn't really test all that well.

Throwing things is a bit slow, but works.

Don't know if this is a bug or on purpose, but zombies do not die from one hit from a fire axe anymore. I had to hit them in the head like the machete.

Day/Night cycle is pretty cool, but the 40x they have set on the 100 person server is a bit too fast IMO.

Not sure what benefit the "guaranteed updates" are giving but I had minimal inventory lag and no desync and the server was full with 100 people or near it.

For Throwing there `s an animation with one-hand. So you can`t throw two-handed melee weapons. I tried with a pipe wrench and a fire extinguisher. Doesn`t work. Or it is another key than "G"?

Fighting Zombies with a splitting axe or a pitchfork is hard work now. I used to kill one zombie with bare fists without giving him a chance to hit me. It seems to me knocking them down on their faces with an axe is now more difficult than it was with your bare fists.

Was on a server with 80 players in Chapaevsk. Had some desyncs while fighting Zombies. No delays by picking up loot.

Playing on the one and only 100 Slot Server right now. Havent seen a single Person so far (started in Electro - lol)

Accelerated Time is weird somehow, because all of a sudden everything turned black real fast. I thought i am getting unconcious for some reason, but no, its only night time. There is no lag at the moment, although the server is full. Great job so far.

Throwing, as far as i tested, seems pretty useless. I cant throw my Axe. And when i throw Glasbottles or Stones at anyone, nothing happened.

edit: seems like one can drink much more than on stable again.

Edited by Owltalktoyou

Btw, what is the use of throwing something again? Seems like stones and books can't be thrown. 

sooo you got a little separated from your buddy when you come upon a mid sized squad so you take up positions behind two buildings separated by a gap thru which you are spotting the squad when you get spotted back. now gunfire erupts as you and your buddy attempt to secure a safe escape but suddenly things have gone quiet on your buddy's side and you glance over to discover he is out of ammo... your options are: attempt to cross the gap to provide ammo for your buddy or just toss the mag to him from your current position. good luck and have fun :)

• Like 1

Exp version 0.44.123800 @ What happend to graphics settings?! Look how it is with Postprocess quality on very low and low settings:

jSmcHQSQ.jpg

And that's how it looks at normal, high and very high settings:

XgBldtJp.jpg

jOGHZQqy.jpg

WTF?? I can't see anything 15 metres ahead..

Edited by wickedwicked

Hey, you with all the screenies, please use spoilers...

Anyhow you are all talking Experimental when this is the Stable Branch Topic,,,oh well, never mind.

Anyhow, I just went upstairs to have a little loot around and this happened to follow me in.

UpstairsZombie_zpsbbe1e6d1.png

• Like 1

Where did you find it?

Isn't a bow supposed to be craftable?

WTF?? I can't see anything 15 metres ahead..

Could be exclusive to main menu, didn't you check in-game yet?

What is new?

Sorry if there's already a topic about this, which it probably is.

I just wanna know if it's worth playing or not. Have they added fireplaces and new weapons, or tents? Because that's what I care about.

they made xx million dollars with tis game but they dont want to pay for enough exp servers

I removed your last troll post, now it's your turn.

Bye.

• Like 1