Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain

Well, ... what can I say? I got stupid. (Oh, and drunk, but mostly stupid) last night. I decided to give it one more try. I wanted to prove to myself that there's nothing scarier than me out there.

To make it short, I basically reached the foot of the mountain and bailed. Guys, I am not kidding, every time I get close, I just turn right around and GTFO of there. I get this really creepy feeling in my stomach and just go "Nope!".

It wasn't even dark, more like twilight in the late afternoon, but I'm done with that damn hill all the same. Some will go "Oh look, she's just all psyched herself out, how stupid!" while others may understand the hesitation and eventual cancellation of my visit there.

The newest video is just a part of it. Some of it may be explained with what they call desync, lag, etc.

Others feel that greenmountainserialkillers' soul has haunted this place for a long time and the evil in him merged with the thing in the tower.

I will say no more but good luck to all the fellow explorers. We need brave (or insane) folks like you to bring us footage we cannot retrieve. Proof for those who don't believe everything.

March on Soldiers, march on! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Go THERE.. make a video proving that nothing happens

This is your mission if you choose to accept it.

The burden of proof is on the one making the claim. lol.  

Go there, kill a Zed in the doorway of the tower.. Hopefully you can take a pic of your adventure.

Ill have video up before too long here of some things going down there.. creepy stuff

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

It's from BreakingPoint mod for the DayZ Mod. There were locations on the map that if you were in the area there was a chance for a Bloodsucker to spawn. That thing would then chase you until you killed it. We actually spawned one at Rog once and hopped on a motorcycle to get away. We then had an accident with a zombie running out infront of us and ruining the front wheel of the motorcycle. While my buddy and I were trying to hunt up a new tire from the industrial spawns in Shakovka when that damn thing came along and smacked me, it had tracked us all that way.

Uhm...no, originally, it is from STALKER: Shadow Of CHernobyl - Google: Linky link

It was just "taken" from the STALKER games and used in Dayz, because...they can^^

Edited by Odrakis

Uhm...no, originally, it is from STALKER: Shadow Of CHernobyl - Google: Linky link

It was just "taken" from the STALKER games and used in Dayz, because...they can^^

Yes, I know... that video clip was specifically from Breaking Point gameplay, which is what I was saying. Breaking Point devs were never shy about "utilizing" others IP. 

I've never even remotely seen/heard/experienced anything weird at Green Mountain. It's actually one of my favorite places.

I've never even remotely seen/heard/experienced anything weird at Green Mountain. It's actually one of my favorite places.

He...He's one of them.

• Like 4

Another victim of the brain scorcher of Green Mountain...

• Like 4

Come visit me. I'll be in the tower...

Suicidal if u climb that thing...

• Like 1

you see the big shed/outbuilding in the corner of the compound, that you can't open the door ?

you heard the noises coming out of there ?

Yes, I know... that video clip was specifically from Breaking Point gameplay, which is what I was saying. Breaking Point devs were never shy about "utilizing" others IP. 

Actually, my video with the bloodsucker is from me messing around in ArmA2 Editor with the Namalsk Crisis mod.

I visited Green Mountain the other day..

dayz-dead.jpg

• Like 4

Shit son, I heard a full auto Winchester up there back in the Mod and I already made the wise move to circle around the treeline but after that I backed away a little more. Also constantly heard aggroing zombie noises but none ever attacked me..

He...He's one of them.

juact0.jpg

Edited by pilgrim

i have been giving this some thought.  I now believe that there is a bioweapons lab facility in Chenarus but not that it was at Green Mountain.  That is a red herring, the lab, most likely, is hidden in plain sight, maybe at one of the hospitals or under one of the Blue Clinic buildings. 

I am now coming to believe that Green Mountain was actually the home of a Soviet era late 1950's early 1960's facility dedicated to the study and implementation of psychic phenomenon such as, mind control, telekenisis, remote viewing, etc.  The Soviet version of "The Men Who Stare at Goats" if you will.  Possibly it was the preeminent site for the Soviet mind control experiments that prompted the CIA's MK-Ultra program.

I have heard rumor that the first assignment of a young, freshly minted KGB Leiutenant named Vladimir Putin in 1976 was to eliminate..... er I mean close this Facility and to dispose of...   err I mean reassign the personnel stationed there..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

oooh thats what it was called, once went there when I was a noob and left because i thought there was a bandit camping on top of the tower waiting to shoot me on the ladder upwards.

LADDERS=DEATH 

STAIRS=LOOT

I read this post a couple of nights ago and decided to have a look, not been far from green mountain i set off in the pitch dark creeping my way, I got half way up with the tower in view all of a sudden over comms comes a voice "Hi, sorry to bother you I've come back for my gear" I literally sharted Myself hit the deck to scared to reply, the voice continued " I was killed and need my stuff back" after what seemed an age I carefully looked around but could not see any body, the voice continued talking , then I realised he wasn't talking to me but I couldn't hear the other side of the conversation.

I dont know where the nearest town is with a fire/police station but he was taking his friends into lighting a fire on top of it!

Bug or normal for the Green mountain?

• Like 1

Shit son, I heard a full auto Winchester up there back in the Mod and I already made the wise move to circle around the treeline but after that I backed away a little more. Also constantly heard aggroing zombie noises but none ever attacked me..

The noises are a known bug, zombies growling and gates opening can be heard all over chernaurus, especially in woods where there are no zombies or gates

TAXvlVs.png

After searching for days after days, weeks after weeks, and after months of survival, hopelessness and desolation, I have finally compiled a few documents that might help to prove my so called "superstition" of Green Mountain being cursed. There has been quite the discussion involving this horrible place, and I am happy to see it. I believe the more information that gets out there, the better. But be warned... This place has a far greater influence on Chernarus than previously believed.

yLMxyQU.png

First Piece of Evidence:

YufTelO.png

I've taken a look at the Helicopter Crash Site map, just to get a general idea where they are, and if it might possibly relate to Green Mountain. Here's what I saw:

WGhk16a.jpg

The Yellow marked areas are places where Aircraft are expected to crash in a time of wide-spread panic. Airfields. You would expect to see multiple wrecks of aircraft at a post-apocalyptic airfield. Everything in the yellow is excluded from this investigation.

Orange. These places I was a little iffy about. Obviously, we don't know what caused the crashes, but my best bet is maybe a zombie got on board or they started up a chopper that was low on gas without thinking. The reason it's orange is because there's a slim possibility that they're in Green Mountain's "Sphere of Influence" as I like to call it.

Green. The Green areas are the dead zone. Everything downed in this area, especially in the light green circle, are what I believe to be Green Mountain's doing.

Almost half of the downed helicopters in the map are within Green Mountain's area of effect.

"The Sphere of Influence"

Anywhere within a kilomitre or more of Green Mountain, I believe, is cursed. Some places more than others. I've heard stories of the abandoned towns near the base of the mountain to be crawling with spirits and other paranormal things. Zelenegorsk is rumored to be the epicenter of the infection in Chernarus. This area could possibly be effected by an electromagnetic jammer of sorts, that radiates from Green Mountain. I think it may be the most plausible guess as to why perfectly fine American Blackhawk helicopters are crashing in the middle of nowhere.

Second Piece of Evidence:

A Strange Sign.

zubwQGv.png

During my travels I had stumbled upon what looked like an over-sized sewer manhole.

6rqyCJC.jpg

Upon closer inspection, I could see the writing on the sign:

0Tkg24N.jpg

Unfortunately I just took a screenshot and continued running without bothering to note my location. It is only now that I take a look at all my screenshots that I saw it and decided to try and decode the sign.

From a very rough Russian translation via Google Translate, I've managed to get a very crude translation. Now, obviously I don't know how to speak Russian fluently, and Google translate isn't the best at all, so the translation might be a little rough and may need revising by some of the Russian speaking survivors here.

Here's what the sign says [subject to editing]

"Until 04/23/2014 on it. Cesme located land bases -

"spire"

Sencha"

Spire... hmm. Dictionary.com says a spire is "a long tapering object."

Could this sign be talking about Green Mountain?

What does the symbol mean? Could it be a map sign for "Mountain" or something?

Who are Cesme and Sencha?

EDIT: Apparently this location is where the former "grass pyramid" was. Hence the triangle indicating a pyramid shape. The Sign says:

Up until 23.04.2014, on this place stood a terrain glitch - Pyramid. - Sench

Thank you for reading this update! I hope it sheds more light on the mystery of Green Mountain and the paranormal anomalies that surround it.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 3

The noises are a known bug, zombies growling and gates opening can be heard all over chernaurus, especially in woods where there are no zombies or gates

I'm talking about the Mod. Rapid Winchester gunshots.

I know about the crossbow sound bug in the SA.