Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain

I am really interested in investigation on it.

Anyway, does someone have any infos about haunted hotel in cherno?

I read this somewhere here in forum... people talked about it... - Is there already a CCSD about it?

Edited by TiMEDANCE

So I ve started a fire at GM....fuck, full nope and goodbye

http://imgur.com/a/7Wq1X

The laws of physics do not seem to apply within Green Mtn.  :huh:

So... do I see this right or is the fireplace actually levitating? oO

This, however, is easily debunked. I had glitchy fireplaces too in several houses. Today I set up my fireplace, it completely vanished from vicinity and all, and then I found it outside of the house on the ground.

But to be honest, it doesn't take me wonder, that GM has that glitch. Cause it's not a glitch.

That's what the mountain wants us to think.

I can't really make out much more from the pictures, but please give us a report about what happened from the time you got there until the time you left.

I find this highly intriguing and hope that more brave souls will do this in the name of Science! Did you go there when it was night in Real Life too? What was the atmosphere like?

Please tell us more! And thanks for the pictures :-)

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

Im so intrigued that I think Im logging in now and heading straight there.. gotta find a night server first tho ;)

Did you go there when it was night in Real Life too? What was the atmosphere like?

I played during the night, IRL night.

Well the whole trip was quite bizarre.

I ll start up from the beginning.

I logged in the GM because the last time I played the server restarted right there, I was planning to log off in the Zeleno. So I checked the place and nothing unusual was happening so I left the place. Down the hill to the Zeleno I noticed few odd things. There are trees missing in a wast area close to top of the hill from the back side of the Military building , I also noticed many medium sized rocks all over the hill and some knocked down trees... made me think if it wasnt because of a collision of some kind...well never mind. I made my way to the Zeleno and the things got weird... The sky was covered with heavy strom clouds but they turned into a  pitch black sky but you could see like if it was a normal day. So I looted a town, met a few zombies but no survivors although the town was already looted. 

http://imgur.com/BEtSdqa

So I left the town but the sunlight was getting weak and the night started to fall. I had just a flashlight and stuff to make the fireplace kit. I didnt even want to go to the GM because it was getting really dark and the atmosphere was really getting tense. I could feel it in the air. I didnt have a walkie talkie, that was the main reason I didnt want to go to the GM. I still hoping I ll someday hear the GM transmission. I wandered to the woods with intention of avoiding the place... In the forest is usually darker than in the fields...In the dark forest my fantasy started to work and my spaghetti in my pockets were ready to jump out. 

Then I suddenly saw that I didnt want...the antenna. I by mistake wandered directly to it... mfw 

aKzNmOO_460s.jpg

So I chopped down a tree and decided to make a camp in there and try to survive the night. By that time I could still see the surroundings. Since it was raining I set a fireplace inside of the tower. 

When I lighted the fire at first it blinded me and then I saw it levitating..ff.f.f.f..ff.f.f.f.f.f.fuck, "it has begun" I thought, Then I ran outside though the fire and saw darkness, everything that was not touched by the light of the fireplace was consumed by darkness. I flipped shit... took those few pictures, didnt even put out the fire and ran off to the woods, with feeling that something is starring at me from the dark, I was paranoid as fuck, the atmosphere was insane. When I came to the fields I stared to see the surroundings pretty clearly, honestly I was expecting it gonna be much darker...then I logged off.

• Like 3

Did you go there when it was night in Real Life too? What was the atmosphere like?

I played during the night, IRL night.

Well the whole trip was quite bizarre.

I ll start up from the beginning.

I logged in the GM because the last time I played the server restarted right there, I was planning to log off in the Zeleno. So I checked the place and nothing unusual was happening so I left the place. Down the hill to the Zeleno I noticed few odd things. There are trees missing in a wast area close to top of the hill from the back side of the Military building , I also noticed many medium sized rocks all over the hill and some knocked down trees... made me think if it wasnt because of a collision of some kind...well never mind. I made my way to the Zeleno and the things got weird... The sky was covered with heavy strom clouds but they turned into a  pitch black sky but you could see like if it was a normal day. So I looted a town, met a few zombies but no survivors although the town was already looted. 

http://imgur.com/BEtSdqa

So I left the town but the sunlight was getting weak and the night started to fall. I had just a flashlight and stuff to make the fireplace kit. I didnt even want to go to the GM because it was getting really dark and the atmosphere was really getting tense. I could feel it in the air. I didnt have a walkie talkie, that was the main reason I didnt want to go to the GM. I still hoping I ll someday hear the GM transmission. I wandered to the woods with intention of avoiding the place... In the forest is usually darker than in the fields...In the dark forest my fantasy started to work and my spaghetti in my pockets were ready to jump out. 

Then I suddenly saw that I didnt want...the antenna. I by mistake wandered directly to it... mfw 

aKzNmOO_460s.jpg

So I chopped down a tree and decided to make a camp in there and try to survive the night. By that time I could still see the surroundings. Since it was raining I set a fireplace inside of the tower. 

When I lighted the fire at first it blinded me and then I saw it levitating..ff.f.f.f..ff.f.f.f.f.f.fuck, "it has begun" I thought, Then I ran outside though the fire and saw darkness, everything that was not touched by the light of the fireplace was consumed by darkness. I flipped shit... took those few pictures, didnt even put out the fire and ran off to the woods, with feeling that something is starring at me from the dark, I was paranoid as fuck, the atmosphere was insane. When I came to the fields I stared to see the surroundings pretty clearly, honestly I was expecting it gonna be much darker...then I logged off.

nice experience man! B)

So - lets face your facts all together. Have you seen any type of creepy essence?

Day 28

A lot has happened since the infection started. I wasn't able to write this down until now, the memories were still too vivid, too painful, to unsettling. But I've got to write this down, maybe it will help me move past them, and help me finally get a decent night's sleep. And after what happened today, I know I have to tell this story.

--

My home was destroyed by these...things. I don't know what they were, or where they came from, but they decimated my little village of Myshkino. My wife and I were upstairs reading while our daughter was downstairs practicing piano. In all her 6 years there wasn't anything she liked as much as playing the piano. We heard her screams, my wife rushed down to help, but it was too late, my baby was torn to shreds by these monsters. My wife tried to fight them off but they tore her to pieces too.

I ran. I didn't try to help. I was a coward. I ran. I ran for hours, for what seemed like an age, until I didn't know where I was anymore. I'd never been more afraid, more ashamed in my life. I collapsed beneath an ash tree and sobbed until I couldn't stay awake anymore.

When I finally made it back home, there was nothing left of my girls except a lock of my daughter's hair, and one of my wife's earrings. They're the only thing I have left of them, and I keep them with me at all times, nothing is more sacred, more painful, to me than those little reminders of them, and what happened that day, the day everything I knew and cared about was killed, and I ran away like a coward. Those monsters didn't even leave me with bodies to bury properly - I don't want to think about what happened to my girls. Whatever they were, they must have come from the very pits of Hell itself, there's no other explanation.

I didn't know what to do after that, so I made for Chernogorsk, where my brother and his family lived, to make sure he was ok. I took a bicycle because I figured the roads would be completely clogged with people trying to get either in or out. My route took me up and over Green Mountain, where the large radio tower is. I've always hated this hill. My grandfather told me stories about it being the burial mound of an ancient civilization, who had to pile their dead after an invader swept through and destroyed everything. I never believed him, but now I think there may have been something to that story. Where else could these half-dead things come from? Anyway, as I was pedaling up, I saw a military roadblock, which I was glad to see. What happened next though made me go cold. The soldiers had a family get out of their sedan, and had them sit in the courtyard with about 20 other civilians. They shot them. They shot every one of them. Man, woman, child, infant, dogs. The slaughtered them all like cattle. I ran again, but this time I was seen, two soldiers chased me down the hill, and followed me into the woods. I was hiding behind a bush when it happened.

Anyone who finds this, I'm not crazy. I know what you're going to read sounds like it, but it happened, and I have no reason why, or explanation. I don't know what it was, but I know that what I'm about to tell you is the God's Honest Truth. A dark image of a man, dressed in leather walked next to me and toward the soldiers. I was frozen with fear, I couldn't move, I could barely breathe. And it was cold all of a sudden, so very cold, I could see my breath, what little of it escaped my lips. The shadowy figure walked up to the soldiers, then danced between them, fast as a wolf chasing down a deer. In the confusion the soldiers fired at each other, and they both dropped dead. The figure then turned to me, and looked me in the eye. His eyes were red as fire, and I could feel the heat come from them, the only sensation of warmth I'd had since I saw the figure. He stared at me for what felt like hours, but was probably no more than a few seconds. Then, he disappeared, the air grew warm again, and I could feel myself regaining control of my muscles. I shot up and started sprinting down the hill, towards Sosnovka. I was at the base when I heard an eruption of Gunfire from the tower. There was shouting, and gun fire. So much gunfire. I ran. I kept running until I found a garage in Sosnovka and hid until it was dark.

--

It's been almost a month since that's happened, but I still remember it clear as day. I've avoided that God Forsaken tower ever since, except today. I don't know what brought me back to it, but something did. I approached the gate slowly, heard it creak in the wind and decided that was close enough. As I headed back down the hill, toward my makeshift camp outside my old village, my foot hit something. When I bent down to pick it up, it appeared to be some sort of gem in a crude, ancient necklace. As I was looking at it, the figure appeared again, staring at me. I put the necklace back where I had found it, and the figure, so slowly as to almost be imperceptible, began to fade away, until the only thing I could see of him was the red glow of his eyes.

I don't know what I saw, or what was there, but I've started to think the stories my granddad told me about that place may have been true.

Edited by sloasdaylight
  • Like 4

So that's his name! "Leatherman". Wow.

Awesome, awesome lore, thank you for that!

So... GM is haunted by the Leatherman, but he seems to protect the place as well as the people as long as they don't try to steal any remnants from that terrible day's tragedy.

Grave robbers beware of the Legend of the Leatherman...

So yep confirmed.. the tower does not seem to obey the laws of gravity.

Day_Z_2014_07_04_21_55_58_744.jpg

Day_Z_2014_07_04_21_56_07_541.jpg

Im not gonna lie.. I got the hell out of there after that. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Had my first visit to Green mountain today....

I have been alive on this character for almost 225 hours so I have avoided the cursed place to not kill my streak...but decided I should venture in...

I did not loot anything cause I needed nothing and felt I should not take from the mountain. 

Instead....I camped out hiding in the cover of a pine tree...There was a deer walking around near by. He was a good distance away from me I watched him for about 5 mins during which he moved even further away from me as he grazed. Then suddenly he darted off as if startled by something....but nothing was there and he did not see me....

After that I left the cover of the tree & I found that the deer had vanished I could not find it anywhere...and even stranger there were no zombies in the area....

something else scared the deer off and it seemingly vanished.. 

• Like 2

Now that flare.... That's freaky... Irish, I thought you would have known better, ya old daredevil you!

At least you got out alive. I'm glad. Don't ever go back there. At least not alone. And not at night. Please?

• Like 1

You know with that forcefield doorway there.. you could hold off quite an impressive force inside there with enough ammo. If anyone tried to throw a grenade in there it would just float in the doorway, you could be behind the corner inside and BOOM it would probably kill your enemies outside more than it would hurt you..

Problem is if you die there you go straight to dayz limbo. Forever. o.O 

Mwaaaahahahahaha! Awesome. I always thought if you're on the top, and people are trying to climb up, you could just shoot straight down, but with that levitation force, the bullets would go matrix on you and just stop in mid air saying "Fuck this."

:-P

Green moutain is indeed really spooky place :D (the force field caught the flares even there where you see them)

6BfvZBD.jpg

And new gesture in 0.47 experimental 

imb7NuW.jpg

• Like 1

oO Levitating Flares Galore... Thanks for that, awesome graphics :)

What else levitates up there? Any funny sounds? Weapons or Compasses not working?

I appreciate all the infos and reports coming in, this is great!

• Like 1

oO Levitating Flares Galore... Thanks for that, awesome graphics :)

What else levitates up there? Any funny sounds? Weapons or Compasses not working?

I appreciate all the infos and reports coming in, this is great!

Most likely everything that is thrown at it will stuck in the air, as you can see the bandana in a second picture is also floating in the air. I fired a few shots but not directly from the tower, gonna try that next time. With a friend I felt much much better in that place, we gonna return there in the name of science and test some more. As far as I know the place was quiet like a grave yard. Funny thing tho, we were playing like 3 hours straight and when we finally arrived  to GM it got dark  :beans:

I'm planning a camping trip to Green Mountain in the future. Now that they've added fires and road flares, it'll be a little more interesting.

Well... here it is. My doomed camping trip.

• Like 1

Well... here it is. My doomed camping trip.

Never climb ladders!!!!

Never climb ladders!!!!

I've never died climbing a ladder before. The fact it happened here is not coincidental IT MEANS SOMETHING I SWEAR

Edited by mullraugh

I've never died climbing a ladder before. The fact it happened here is not coincidental IT MEANS SOMETHING I SWEAR

It does...if there were ever a place to get hurt on a ladder it is there

Dont tempt them dont climb ladders...dont go upstairs either 

So bullets stop there too.. I tried, and well it ended quite well for me.. not the other guy who Im sure is yelling hacker somewhere.. 

SORRY BUDDY! ..I wanted to test it out, it was an impulsive thought that I had little time to consider.. you came up to quickly. 

But now I know.. bullets stop right there at that doorway. Its magical. I'd bet they are sitting in mid air, matrix style too.. but it was dark, and I just now thought to look. Failed on the video too.. but go see for yourself.

Spooky place Green Mtn. Sppppp-pp-ppooooky place indeed.

ok so im hearing all over the internet (well in some parts) about something like DONT GO TO GREEN MOUNTAIN and stories and crap but i never got the whole myth down. can someone fill me on the backstory/myth of green mountain?