Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain

I stumbled upon this place with a friend after hours of trekking through Chernarus. We didn't know what it was, just some kind of abandoned communications tower, long forsaken in the apocalyptic wilderness. It felt desolate, remote, and quiet, too quiet. We ventured toward the tower, our efforts fueled with intrigue and interest, for what reason, we cannot say. Something drew us there, that's for sure.

Nothing more to be said.

Love how it says "unknown" when he first aims at that thing. It's from Namalsk, isn't it?

all RP and joking aside something is seriously up with green mountain. every time ive ever been there I feel as tho im being followed. even long before I get to the compound.

Every time I have going into the little compound up there I either die there or shortly after leaving (long before reaching another settlement). Place just wierds me out- Yet every time I see it up there in the distance im drawn to go see whats up there....

all RP and joking aside something is seriously up with green mountain. every time ive ever been there I feel as tho im being followed. even long before I get to the compound.

Every time I have going into the little compound up there I either die there or shortly after leaving (long before reaching another settlement). Place just wierds me out- Yet every time I see it up there in the distance im drawn to go see whats up there....

I find the view on a clearer day with max draw distance to be beautiful.

The place isn't too creepy to me, at least no more so than anywhere else. The only weird thing I've ever seen there was some guy screaming "Viva La'Revolucion" into his mic while firing his FNX-45 into the air, and then jumping off after running out of ammunition.

I find the view on a clearer day with max draw distance to be beautiful.

The place isn't too creepy to me, at least no more so than anywhere else. The only weird thing I've ever seen there was some guy screaming "Viva La'Revolucion" into his mic while firing his FNX-45 into the air, and then jumping off after running out of ammunition.

The mountain got him. It takes over your mind. They say the soul of Che Guevara roams GM and makes everyone commit suicide after celebrating the Cuban Revolution

The mountain got him. It takes over your mind. They say the soul of Che Guevara roams GM and makes everyone commit suicide after celebrating the Cuban Revolution

They need to add graffiti of Che to the inside of the broadcast tower. Now. Have everyone drop everything and work on it.

• Like 1

is it implied that green mountain actually is a numbers station?

is there anything actually in game that supports this?

or just fan creations?

this is interesting:

i want this to be a part of the SA Lore.

is it implied that green mountain actually is a numbers station?

is there anything actually in game that supports this?

I believe so.. cannot remember exactly though. Too old now.. head going bad ;)

• Like 1

It would be actually really awesome if Dean and dev's would put some "scary shit" or weird stuff in that mountain. I mean, this has been the biggest player-based-legend ever in Mod or SA.

-Make that tower broadcast that singal so you could hear it in radio, which work already!

-Weird encounters, unusually acting zombies etc.

-Disappearing guy in ghillie (THE BIGFOOT OF GREEN MOUNTAIN)

-Not anything game ruining shit like; Boof, you're dead.

• Like 2

I believe so.. cannot remember exactly though. Too old now.. head going bad ;)

i never heard the "radio broadcasts" people say happened in the mod days. without recording/video of these audio files from the mod it's just bs to me.

the solider mass grave and the wooded isolation was uniquely creepy.

I do not think that green mountain is cursed in DayZ-SA... - there were strange things in mod, but in standalone I don´t think so..

Green Mountain was overrun by Zeds and the last Record was playing on for ever! Then all went POSTAL and start shooting eatch other....bad story!

Edited by Krawallkurt

i never heard the "radio broadcasts" people say happened in the mod days. without recording/video of these audio files from the mod it's just bs to me.

the solider mass grave and the wooded isolation was uniquely creepy.

But there IS recorded evidence:

*shiver* I'm scared now. Seriously, I shouldn't even have listened to this, it's really freaking me out right now.

Who's gonna be the one to write a truly awesome creepy pasta about this? There's some pretty good stories to be had out of this whole "cursed" thing.

It just cements my resolution to never go back there anymore. Way creeped out now.

was looting at green mountain, ran into the tower, was on the ladder and just tied. no gun shot, no footsteps, 3 other people on the server...

I watched that video after debating for a few minutes if I should or not. The background music is too much for me already... what kind of beast is that? Looks like it's definitely NOT from DayZ but a cool made Video Edit...

Also I just realized that it looks like the Mod, not the SA...

Anyone know more about this?

Yes, I do. If you wish to let yourself get spoilered, continue reading :D

*******Spoiler********

It is a Blood Sucker from the STALKER Games, it was somehow brought in to DayZ Namalsk to. It is the same blood thirsty monster.

Edited by Odrakis

..//..

Stories of a WW2 Nazi Scientist who had escaped capture and hid out in a secret underground lab, continuing his tests on poor souls that got too close and disappeared forever. These stories were of course just local legend, but a few wise souls knew that some truth lay behind them. A secret lab did in fact exist at Green Mtn.. One that people did seem to disappear around. The townsfolk of Zelenogorsk had many tales they told their children to keep them away, but every generation a few people would vanish into thin air.. their last known location somewhere near Grn. Mtn. 

..//..

JB2f1317_KUZ2eb456_IMG_7685.jpg

No no nein no

.. you mean that old Zepplin Tether up on the "Nordhausen" grüne Berg ?

do not fall for the cover story

I've spoken to Wernher

the "lizard men" were only helping the Nazis

they were "sometimes relatively friendly quite often" he said "when we let them feed"

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Pretty sure i have heard children crying in the woods around green mountain.

You simply dont go there. Especially at night. Never go at night.

• Like 2

after this im not going in green mountain or black mountain.unless i have least 5 armed guys there. green mountain at night nope. I fear no man but that place.....it scares me...

I have no fear of green mountain. I have nothing but success when I go there. I have not once had a single issue.

However, I have caused many people visiting green mountain to fear it. Every time I have found a person or persons there, I have killed them without them EVER seeing me. I once annihilated an entire group of 5 people. Two were in the barracks, two on top of the tower, and one at the base of the tower. Thus far, my luck has not worn out when visiting GM.

So you see, its not green mountain you should fear, but rather you should fear weather or not I am there....

re green mountain

(posted earlier)

the pilgrim dude said he'd post this for me cause I have to keep moving.. they are unfreezing those other guys from

- the "Nordhausen" thing.. the old Zepplin Mast and the ..//

- [?] Freundlich Fleisch-Esser ..//

cant give you more than this

15558he.jpg

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

re green mountain

(posted earlier)

the pilgrim dude said he'd post this for me cause I have to keep moving.. they are going to unfreeze those other guys from

- the "Nordhausen" thing.. the old Zepplin Mast and the ..//

cant give you more than this

It is somewhat unbelievable, but there is beginning to be evidence that this whole thing is a cover up.. Chernarus may be ground Zero for the Alien Invasion, and the Zombie infection is just a clever way of clearing the area first to create a "Green Zone" for them to land at. Its looking like the Russians and the Nazis were both secretly working with Alien leadership at one point..

Close-Encounters-of-the-Thi.jpg

..no one knows what happened, because the last thing the did happen was a meeting held at Green Mtn. among all of the top leaders. No one came back, and the next day patient Zero was already infecting Zelenogorsk. 

Untitled-1_2810945b.jpg

Wow. I still cannot believe it. I am never going near Green Mtn. again. Ever. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

was looting at green mountain, ran into the tower, was on the ladder and just tied. no gun shot, no footsteps, 3 other people on the server...

That was climbing a ladder. Green Mountain had nothing to do with it.

But there IS recorded evidence:

How about real evidence? You know, something thats not just audio recorded over a screenshot from the game.