Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain

Wow !

A really bad thing about Green Mountain I just found out is:

if you climb the damn ladder all the way to the top there's a dude with an axe waiting for you.

• Like 1

oh I love Green Mountain.... the view is amazing from the platform. just don't go after dark, just sayin.

• Like 1

Why is every one so paranoid about green mountain somebody please answer this

If you go to find out, bring a bible.

• Like 1

they should implement some of this:

or any number station broadcasting from Green Mountain, just to freak people out even more!

In the DayZ mod it was only place that actually had horde of the zombies walking around. It was pretty scarry to actually see horde of the zombies in the game when you went to GM in the DayZ mod.

Edited by Frosti

actually there is nothing special there but the military office. Everything else is just wild imagination from players who play not enough and therefore spend their times otherwise....with spinning stories.

Dont go to green mountain....you will never come back...

Anyone saying otherwise are just agents of the mountain trying to lure you in like the sweet aroma given off by a Venus Flytrap given of by a fly

• Like 1

Don't go there.

DONT read this thread.

(edit: after merge - now I mean really don't read it ... because you're reading it already)

Edited by pilgrim

actually there is nothing special there but the military office. Everything else is just wild imagination from players who play not enough and therefore spend their times otherwise....with spinning stories.

this is true : when I went to Green Mountain I died very quickly and did not have time to notice anything unusual at all

(because of the axeman) I only noticed that from the top of the inside ladder it takes a long time to fall

.. it's ..FAR

Edited by pilgrim

Just today I was attacked by a vicious little hopper up there.  He got me bleeding and wacked me a few more times, I tried hitting with my axe a few times and kept missing, then I get the LMB bug, so I drew my pistol and could not shoot since the LMB bug prevents that too, I had no choice, I ran to the ladder and went up the tower to bandage.  He had done no damage at all to any of my gear, none, just made me bleed.

I have not been afflicted with this bug since I uninstalled and reinstalled the game on Friday last week.  So you tell me.

Topics are often merged because of the Green Mountain Curse !

In the DayZ mod it was only place that actually had horde of the zombies walking around. It was pretty scarry to actually see horde of the zombies in the game when you went to GM in the DayZ mod.

With that as well, the horde would spawn usually outside of the compound AFTER you already were inside. And there was only one way out.

• Like 1

With that as well, the horde would spawn usually outside of the compound AFTER you already were inside. And there was only one way out.

no. no .. don't remind me..  dont !

after all these years of therapy..

and now..

you .. you reminded me... !

The development team should inspire from  DICE  and what they did in BF4.

how awesome would be looking for small little gems/pieces of information all across the map and putting theo together. We already found the big onces..

So I went to Green Mountain again

( this is a bad, horrible tale, so if you are a young person I advise you to turn off your PC right now !, don't read this )

OK last time I went to Green Mountain I climed up the ladder in the mast - and this is a LONG ladder so you can't hesitate otherwise you are DOOMED and you fall, ya know ?

AND at the top there was a guy with an AXE I didn't see him at all and he hit me one time as I got to the top, and I fell, and it's a really LONG way to fall.

So this time I was afraid to go up there again due to the bad experience last time.

So I thought I'd get over it, and I went up again, and I made sure to look carefully near the top and not to fall while I was doing that

and I got up ok.

THEN I was at the top of the tower, there was nothing there.

BUT the admin (I know his name and he is a cursed admin, and bad carma will follow him forever, and his graphics cards will melt)

He restarted the server without warning while I was up there

AND when I logged back in I was in a REALLY BAD PLACE

you don't want to know about it

it was a NO WAY OUT place, and you could TELL many players had DIED in it, swearing and shouting and starving, you could TELL

So I ran around and I shouted (I said bad stuff) and I threw myself against the walls

and I tried to LEAN out, and I logged in and out about FIVE times

and I started to STARVE and DEHYDRATE, but the worst was I had a lot of food and drink so I knew it would be long and atrocious before I DIED

And I jumped and rolled and crawled and rolled and threw myself against the walls round and round without stopping and dropped my gun and stuff and mashed the keyboard and rolled and rolled and crawled and jumped at all the corners and sideways and face on and at angles and backwards, and banged my head on the walls and I could SEE out but I couldn't ESCAPE

AND I understood how BAD EVIL ADMINS could trap players in the horrible place at the Green Mountain Tower, and those players would never return

And while I was rolling and crawling at random down to my last canteen of water and no food left, suddenly I was outside

in the middle of the compound

and I stood up and RAN, I swear, I ran away from there

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

aaa

Edited by Mullraugh
  • Like 6

Tͧh̟͚̰̺̖̦̳ͬͭͩ͐͛ï͔̙̝̱̐͠ṡ̭͉̬̬̺͚͍ ͓̘͊̈ͭͮͤ̏͠i͎̤̰̙̘̊̂ͩͨs̖̬̳͔̒ͦ̓̀ ̞͂no͕͇̞͂ͯ͒̅t̠̤̹̠ ő̝̮̮́͞v͊̈́͂͋̊̚҉ẽ̹̻͕̼̙͌̉̊r͒̓̓̈ ͔̗̜̈́͑̉͌ỹ̤̖̗͍͈̤̮e̝͚̩̼̞̹̮͑t̸̒̐ͥ͛̅ͭ̓

tumblr_n4c2i4G5DF1t49cm4o1_500.gif

You lazy bums didn't want to do the challenge I gave you (at the top of the page), and now that I'm on Christmas Leave until January 4th, I've decided to give you a story of one of my very old experiences at Green Mountain.

It was a calm and sunny day. The endless fields that pepper Chernarus' rolling hills mimic ocean waves as the cool breeze of autumn gently blows the grass around. Along with the light-hearted ambience of the Fall season is the lonely, droning noise of a Ural, making it's way along the small roads of Chernarus. The Driver, formally a simple carpenter who worked in the industrial areas of the developing city of Elektrozavodsk, now a rugged, alcoholic remnant of a world now passed, eyes the horizon line in search of "The Towered Mountain". At least, that's what he could make out of the last words of a dying Russian man who saved him back in Balota. The scene played over and over in his head like a broken record. The man lay there, his abdomen a bleeding mess from the 7.62x39 round that tore through his body. He didn't know the man, the man didn't know him, and for some reason the man had saved him from the sniper. His last words, in very broken English echoed through The Driver's head. "Beware the Towered Mountain". Naturally, when told to avoid something, humans tend to go straight towards it. The Driver was no different. His mind kept telling him to do it, as if a warning from a dying man meant nothing, as if he was somehow controlled by an external force.

Several minutes passed before it came into sight. The jagged white silhouette of a radio tower pierced the horizon. The Driver knew this was the place. The Ural moaned and puttered it's way up the road that lead it's victims to the horrible mountain. The Driver kept his eyes peeled for any source of danger - after all, he was warned against visiting this place. The truck came to a slow halt and the driver side door swung open, letting a pair combat boot clad feet hit the ground. The Driver trained his AKM straight ahead as he made his way around the front of the Ural and to the gates of the long abandoned Soviet Numbers Station. A few spooks guarded the entrance but were swiftly taken out by The Driver's sidearm, a trusty Makarov PM, their rotting bodies hitting the ground with a hollow thud. A little bit of "lockpicking" (hitting the lock repeatedly with an axe) later and the gates opened. As The Driver entered the zone, an unearthly vibe shook his being. The smell of rot, not unlike that of the spooks, lingered in the thick air. Rounding the base of the tower, The Driver could make out the sound of flies. Not just a few, but millions of flies. The sound grew unbearably loud as he stepped closer to the far corner of the compound. Clouds of black flies swarmed above large mounds of dirt on the ground. The Driver's stomach dropped. He's seen this before in blurred news videos. He stepped closer, the smell destroying his senses. Piles of bodies burned images in his mind he knew he would never forget. Hollow eye sockets, chest cavities bursting with writhing maggots, and the putrid, disgusting smell of death took over. Fear struck him harder than it had ever struck him before. Fear of the world he was now so clearly living in, fear of the dark in which many do not return from, fear of the open fields in which many have been sniped, and most of all, fear of becoming just another lost soul in a desolate Soviet country.

Looking down at the Makarov on his belt, he thought of his adventures. His life after life ended, after civilization ceased to exist. The trials he's been through and the obstacles he's passed seemed to reinforce his mind. The Driver turned around after waving a salute to the dead, walking away back to his Ural. He would not become just another lost soul. He would be the best he can possibly be, then be better. His life would be meaningful to others, as the Russian man's life was meaningful to him. The Driver mounted his vehicle, turning the engine on and getting ready to leave. Heaving forward, the Ural began to move until *thud!* it stopped. The front tires must have bumped into an obstruction on the path. The Driver stepped out of his vehicle again, leaving the engine on. He wheeled around to the front of the truck, bending down to see what he ran into. Nothing! The Driver stood up again and looked at the front of his beloved Ural. Just then, the engine puttered and the Ural drove forward without an operator, hitting The Driver and killing him.

The End.

I am The Driver.

This story was based on my first journey to Green Mountain back in the mod. It was one of my first times really being away from the spawn areas. I had got a really good understanding of how the game worked and how people interacted, so I made my way down to Balota where I met a guy with a thick Russian accent. The man knew what he was doing and helped me get enough supplies to defend myself. After a few minutes of looting Balota, the Russian guy spotted a sniper and right as he tells me he found him, he got shot. Now- obviously he couldn't cough up any last words regarding Green Mountain, BUT he had a map on him, and I really needed it. I took the map and on it was a map marker - right above Green Mountain. I had heard the stories of the place before, and even traveled there in the ArmA 2 game, but never in DayZ. I didn't go there at first, but after a few days of living the same life and gearing up and finding a Ural, I decided that I would risk going there. Basically what happened is I took a look around, got a little scared from the massive pile of rotting bodies, ran back to the Ural, started going but it got stuck, hopped out and ran in front of it, then the Ural started driving without anyone in it and it ran me over and killed me.

This story and a few others that I have are the reason I'm 100% convinced that Green Mountain is cursed. Nothing you can say, nothing you can show me, and nothing that proves the Curse not real will ever make me stop believing.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

Today my group and I go there on the mod...other than us 4 there was 1 other guy on the server...now this is vanilla mod not any of the others like Epoch, Breaking Point, or Overpoch which made Green Mountain even spookier believe it or not. But 2 of us are in a white off roader which is only a 2 seater even though people should be able to sit in the back of the truck(that needs to be fixed really badly its just stupid and really unrealistic). Anyway I'm driving and we have one of our guys running beside the truck and my friend in the truck and I get our gear and equipment ready while the other guy goes up toward the tower to make sure the coast is clear. Our last friend was just then making it to the base of the hill and he reaches the treeline. Out of nowhere this helicopter flies over and shoots flares out of the sides and theres another guy on this server other than us and I type on side chat, "Hey man are you flying a heli over Green Mountain shooting flares out of the side?" He replies with, "No dude I'm at the NWAF looting why what does it look like?" I just reply with, "It looks like a Blackhawk but they don't have flares you can shoot out...and I don't even think they are flyable." He replies, "I think you can fly Blackhawks...but maybe it was an AI?" My friend who is really scared at this point says, "No AIs can't fly on this server he disabled it." So we continue on to the mountain after getting our gear still discussing the heli we just saw when out of nowhere the guy going to scout the entrance died. We were like, "Dude what happened how did you die?" And all he replies with is, "Damn AI killed me with an AK." Well we didn't hear any shots so we go and clear the entrance and go in...eventually we killed all the AIs there we didn't even know spawned there and go into the tower and wait for the rest of our friends to get here. Suddenly someone climbs the ladder and gets to us and we look at them horrified...they have a zombie face, and we open fire on them...we waste several mags on him and he runs past us and jumps off the tower after a minute or two of us practically shaking in our sests scared out of our minds we hear the heli come back and next thing we know there are explosions everywhere and we die. For us when it shows the "You Are Dead" screen we hear a voice plainly say "Thousands of us died here, and now your one of them." This experiance scared the absolute fuck out of us...and it will be an experiance we will never forget. As for the last guy on our team when we both died from the explosions he bolted...he saw the heli bomb us and decided to run for Cherno instead...he was a smart man and he alone survived that encounter. To this day Green Mountain will forever remain a cursed and haunted hellhole in which we will never step foot in again.

Edited by Survivor05

UPDATE_2015-03-23.

Vistied Green Mountain again.

Found a teddybear in the base of the tower.

In defiance, I threw the teddybear at the tower.

The mountain responded kindly. Instead of killing me, It waited until I had built my tent and parked my V3S nice and cozy inside the jail building's garage. Then the mountain crashed the server. I lost a truck and a military tent.

Thank you, Green Mountain.

Video Proof:

CamcorderFile_20150323:Event_01

I have a speculation as to why Green Mountain is cursed. Backstory, history, lore, whatever you want to call it. However, I will investigate further before posting more evidence.

MORE UPDATES TO COME. I AM NOT FINISHED. GREEN MOUNTAIN IS CURSED.

~Mullraugh.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1