Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain

How about real evidence? You know, something thats not just audio recorded over a screenshot from the game.

You must be really fun at parties. :/

I think there is another entrance

Die HAUPT U-STRUKTUR      (I dont know what that means)

on the first map where it it says " В подземных сооружениях Центральной лаборатории "

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

You must be really fun at parties. :/

Just thought someone would put a little more effort in than that. How hard would it have been to record that over actual gameplay footage instead of a screenshot? A little extra effort = bigger impact.

Though since im not doing it myself, I guess i'll shut it now.

Just thought someone would put a little more effort in than that. How hard would it have been to record that over actual gameplay footage instead of a screenshot? A little extra effort = bigger impact.

Though since im not doing it myself, I guess i'll shut it now.

I guess you mean you never heard of the 'original transmissions'

these are The Original Green Mountain Transmissions : seriously, they are well documented - well known. I just checked again because I thought they would be here already in this thread.

I can't say if  the <CQCQCQDEC1.GOTO083120.UTS5.12:00PMCST> message has started again. I haven't been up there in a while for obvious reasons, and wouldn't mention if I did. I was just 'saying' it had started again, earlier (because of a map reference to an entrance)

But yeah there IS the message

check out: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/197675-secrets-of-dayz-in-the-last-4-months/#entry1988718

they talk about the message(s) and some theories [i'm not convinced by the theory]

Green mountain comes out of the game, it started IN the game

this is not something made up by players because Green Mountain was soooooo.. sooooo.. too boring

(omg)

and for sure if some dev or some glitch or some mad hacker or some 'intelligence' had started something in there

they wouldnt tell anyone, right ?

See the evidence - go there yourself and maybe spend some time in the dark.

I know that UTS indicated a standard map reference

I know that CQ CQ CQ is standard operator code for "general call", "call to anyone listening"

xx

Edited by pilgrim

I think there is another entrance

Die HAUPT U-STRUKTUR      (I dont know what that means)

on the first map where it it says " В подземных сооружениях Центральной лаборатории "

@Pilgrim: "Die Haupt U-Struktur" is German for "the main U-Structure". That still doesn't make any sense to me though... Anyone?

• Like 1

i hope the devs develop some paranormal entity that haunts green mountain for real. Thinking of the ghosts in the lab in STALKER. I remember being so creeped out in that game as crap levitated at me and was thrown & how I could hear something mucking around in the distance but could not see it.

Add some better loot up there to make people risk it. 

• Like 1

No single piece of loot could ever make me risk it... just saying.

Big Foot? Hmmm.. something like it for sure. But no fluffy fur on that one, nuh-uh... Scales, I tell ya!

I love the Rocket Mountain though, Hetstaine, pretty awesome!

• Like 2

The tower houses a Nuclear device capable of taking out all of Chernarus. This is their "fail safe" in case everything goes wrong. 

If you played the mod you've probably experienced the "end game" at some unfortunate point..

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

I wanted to record the radio transmission, so for the first time I just sat there during the day for 2 hours, from restart to restart of the server and nothing happened...I was just starting to go crazy over all those glitched Zed sounds, hearing screams every 10 seconds ist very pleasant. So then I went to find a lamp, I wanted to try the same thing but at night...so I searched the GM and Zeleno but weird thing happened, when I logged in I was missing my pants backpack and loot from my jacket, so I had to start looting again,this happened several times with different loot missing, then I could not take it anymore so I just get the fuck out of there and never went back...the moutain dont want me there... but now I have the stuff, now we have the fire... I must make my final quest to GM.

Good luck with that one. Wouldn't take me wonder if fires don't work up there. It's on a hill, and fire is supposedly not working very well there because of the wind. But yeah, I don't know if you have the Cahones of a Gorilla or if the mountain just hasn't given you enough warnings...

We will be awaiting your report.

If you ever make it back, that is.

• Like 1

I'm planning a camping trip to Green Mountain in the future. Now that they've added fires and road flares, it'll be a little more interesting.

• Like 2

i hope the devs develop some paranormal entity that haunts green mountain for real. Thinking of the ghosts in the lab in STALKER. I remember being so creeped out in that game as crap levitated at me and was thrown & how I could hear something mucking around in the distance but could not see it.

Add some better loot up there to make people risk it. 

10/10 i give you all my fucking beans!

I decided to head up there for the first time with a friend today. Nothing eventful really happened while we were there other than a few zombies pretty much spawning on top of us. However it did start raining shortly after we got there and stopped very soon after we left. There is something just eerie about it though, not some place I want to stay for any length of time.

nqBFawg.jpg

3CHSVzS.jpg

624XQ18.jpg

Edited by Sirwarriant12
  • Like 1

The question is, is the green mountain in standalone also hauted like in the mod... ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The question is, is the green mountain in standalone also hauted like in the mod... ? :rolleyes:

There are some videos of someone picking up a transmission in the middle of the night in GM, but if its really cursed? dunno, its more like about psychology of the players, if you heard about a place that is probably cursed your mind will make up some spooky shit and even the most common bug in GM will be considered as a sign of a course. You go to that place with expectation that something odd will happen.

But god damn I wish there was something more in dayz....some alien intervention or some occult dark magic, I mean you have all those Easter eggs, they must mean something, I refuse to believe they are just random landmarks.  I think in one interview  Dean said the players will have to figure out the back story of the infection by themselves. 

The military base in Pavlovo is also cursed.. A line can be drawn between Devils Castle, Green Mtn. and the Pavlovo Mil Base and I do not think that is just a mere coincidence..

Be careful my friends. Things are out there watching us that we cannot see.. 

• Like 1

I wish they would implement this suggestion :lol:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/271br2/i_hope_that_make_it_so_you_are_able_to_climb_up/

There are ladders reaching 94 meters up, although pointless, that would be pretty damn cool.

I played modded Arma 2 map where you could actually open the red hatch and climb all the way up there.

yo hello guys :)

I thought I will camp a few nights in the woods of GM to make some investigations.

I will choose a "hardcore server" for that mission.

Who will go with me? PM please.

We make a nice campfire... cook some food and have fun(or maybe not, lets see whats happens/ or not)

what we need:

- batteries(as much as we can have)

- walkie talkie

- food/ drinks

- weapons(for save)

- empty hardcore-server at night(to avoid the chance of a hacker)

• Like 2

Never really noticed anything interesting around GM in the mod.

SA on the other hand...

I've discovered one weird thing. I like luring people to various places in the night. Usually all you need is turned on flashlight or gas lamp that you drop on the ground. People will come to check it.

One time I decided to try it at the top of GM tower. I could see the light perfectly fine when I was inside but it would be completly dark for anyone outside of the tower.

Nothing worked: flashlights, headlamps, gas lamps, even flares and a fireplace. 

Weird. On the other hand I can drop a flare inside the tower (bottom corridor) and it's perfectly visible from outside. Just the top of the tower seems glitched. Or is it an intended feature? 

I've also heard that if you bring a light source in the middle of the night and walk around the compound you might notice some creepy shadows, but I haven't seen anything so far.

• Like 2