Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain

I went to green mountain yesterday. I found an SKS, a UK tactical vest and a clip for my FNX. What curse?

• Like 1

The Lizard Man of Green Mtn..

lizardman-e1351694442919.jpg

Tales of the Lizard Man of Green Mtn. started long before the fall of humanity in Chernarus.

Looks like there's good reason why I'm hanging out in the area then....so far it's just me....not seen the first family member yet.

• Like 2

Today I was messing around in ArmA II because I want to film a documentary or a cinematic on Green Mountain. I'm sure everyone has wondered if people have tried to destroy it. The answer is yes. Hundreds have tried and failed. From satchel charges to helicopters to tanks, even grenades. Nobody has successfully destroyed Green Mountain. Here's a video of my attempt at destroying that damned cursed mountain. A nuke.

The sound in the background is the Russian UVB-76 Numbers Station. This particular recording, we can hear a pretty rare chance of someone talking.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 5

for those of you who don't know:

green mountain is a map location in chernarus and chernarus plus.

it is a high elevation area, with a large radio tower, a guardhouse and a police station, surrounded by a broken concrete wall structure.

there is a large mass grave texture there, one that has dead solider models instead of civilian ones.

elevation, the position of the buildings, (especially the radio tower) caused many zombie spawn glitches, sound bugs and strange texture clipping in the mod.

due to it's relative isolation and unique atmosphere it has become an in-game urban legend of sorts, and continues to generate interest into the standalone, as players describe their various experiences there, both real and exaggerated.

this concludes the green mountain portion of our tour, please look to your up and to left and you will see the dazzling city of Zelenogorsk!

• Like 2

I love Green Mountain. I visit there a lot in the Standalone. It's a great loot dropper and has a great view. But back in the mod I stayed clear the fuck away from it. It definitely was cursed back in the Mod. But in the SA it's yet to creep me out.

Off topic, Number Stations are the shit, Mullraugh. That's something I have trouble listening to in the dark.

• Like 1

i've gone to the mountain before.

once alone

now it is with me

tumblr_mq6q9py5us1s7f49vo1_250.gif

it's time i go again...

• Like 5

I was wondering around and found a huge tower that looks like this, and took some screenshots. Is this Green Mountain?

2014_03_24_00002.jpg

2014_03_24_00003.jpg

2014_03_24_00004.jpg

Sure is! That's Green Mountain. the Tower is the broadcasting station. Back in the mod, that place was fucking creepy. Used to play shit over the Radio if I'm correct. Now it's not as bad and spawns some great loot.

• Like 1

I heard it wasn't a lizardman, but a headless sniper. Cursed to haunt the unreachable top level of the tower.

221100_screenshots_2014-01-28_00002_zps3

• Like 3

When I went to Green Mountain it became all foggy. When the fog lifted I found myself in Vybor and most my ammunition was gone, my axe was missing and my gear was ruined...

I'm not sure what happened there.

• Like 1

Alright! Here's the cinematic I've mentioned before in the post about me nuking Green Mountain.

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

Honest to god, I think they need to move Green Mountain to somewhere in the extreme north. I've never thought it was all that scary/mysterious due to how close it is to everything.

Edited by Katana67

Oh green mountain is creepy and weird stuff happens there. Like how a bunch of infected spawned right next to me and chased me through the trees or the time the gate broke my legs.

Its cool up there and I go often but still creepy.

I get that, some odd stuff has happened to me there as well. I'm just saying it doesn't feel all that isolated when it's right next to Zeleno and a short walk from Cherno.

When I went to Green Mountain it became all foggy. When the fog lifted I found myself in Vybor and most my ammunition was gone, my axe was missing and my gear was ruined...

I'm not sure what happened there.

The curse is strong there... please for your sake do not return alone.

The curse is strong there... please for your sake do not return alone.

I wish he wasn't kidding around, man. They could easily slap some crazy shit into the game. Like how the Book of Job takes your backpack and pants.

• Like 4

Seriously, I have been there once. Alone. I had never heard of the curse before, so I'm like "Sweet, cool view up there I bet." As I approached, and I'm not kidding here, the entire atmosphere changed. It was "Devil's Castle" creepy, just worse. But, being new to the game, I chalked it up to my intense paranoia it has always instilled in me. I went up the tower. I took a look around.

And then, for some weird f*ing reason, I went into full panic mode.

I didn't care about the view anymore, just for some unknown reason I wanted to get the hell away from that thing. At that point, I did know about birds making Zed Noises, and normally, pfff, no biggie, but while I was running like a bunny on steroids, the noises started.

The completely irrational fear combined with sweaty, shaking hands and a boiling pit in my stomach made this one visit so memorable that I will never, NOT EVER, go back there again. Not alone, not with one person or with ten.

Childish, but true.

Same thing goes for the ruins of the hotel in Cherno. It's what I call... The NOPE Zone.

• Like 3

The NOPE Zone.

:) I like that.. and great share.

My first visit there ended in my untimely death. So good call running for your life.

Thank you, kind Sir :-) I'm trying to find the "haunted Piano House" thread again, that's one I'd love to actually have confirmed b a trustworthy source. You know, mad piano music starting to play and that happy crap.

I read that thread and since then have steered clear of those buildings too. Maybe I should just mute my volume when I go in, just in case...

I wonder if the devs actually mess with us on purpose (aside from ladder glitches on GMTower)

Thank you, kind Sir :-) I'm trying to find the "haunted Piano House" thread again, that's one I'd love to actually have confirmed b a trustworthy source. You know, mad piano music starting to play and that happy crap.

I read that thread and since then have steered clear of those buildings too. Maybe I should just mute my volume when I go in, just in case...

I wonder if the devs actually mess with us on purpose (aside from ladder glitches on GMTower)

This all makes me wish someone out there, someone twisted.. would take Dayz and mod it into something a little more terrifying

I miss the days of feeling genuinely paranoid while playing Dayz. Would be nice to get scared a little more often.. maybe not so much for my health but my craving for excitement would sure love it :) Like the other day when I was looting the Pavlova Mil base, a zed ran around the corner out of nowhere and made its roar right in my ear at full volume. I swear I jumped about 2 feet off of my couch. It was hilarious! 

Edited by lrish

heh green mountain is my stomping grounds love that place heh

I visited Green Mountain on a trek to the NWAF, from Zelenogorsk.

Nothing happened when I was there, but I did notice that I had aimed to come out of Zeleno from the North, and I could see GM to the North East. So I thought great, I'm going in the right direction.

Next thing I notice, GM is on my left, due west. I have a compass. I notice that I am actually on the road EAST.

I am 100% sure that I left Zeleno from the North. I even stopped at the North water pump before leaving.

Anyway, I went up the mountain, using the road on the way up, and as soon as I hit the tree line, it started bucketing it down and lightning strikes all over the place.

nothing happened whilst I was there other than doors being open after I had closed them even in the same building, and I had been watching the compound gate which never opened so I chalked it up to a bug.

I usually go hang out there at night....try it some time, it doubles the freak out.  Lightning storms are the best there at night.  ;-) 

I took a detour down to Electro for a few things...I'm currently on my way back home to GM...after being stuck off of Dayz for the last 2 weeks with BattlEye and pbo file issues after the last update.  Finally got that fixed so I could stay in the game for more than 5 minutes, so I should be back to GM next time I log on at night.

• Like 1

Nothing more to be said.

• Like 3

I watched that video after debating for a few minutes if I should or not. The background music is too much for me already... what kind of beast is that? Looks like it's definitely NOT from DayZ but a cool made Video Edit...

Also I just realized that it looks like the Mod, not the SA...

Anyone know more about this?

Edited by Demonica