rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks

I hope you can still wear a gas mask and a ballistic helmet, because you'd be able to in reality. As for other masks or helmet variations, I can obviously see where that would be getting hard to impossible.

I love the new animations with the melee weapons, but having to hit the space bar to "enable" it (like raising fists) doesn't feel very fluid. I much preferred equipping the weapon and it being ready to swing away. As for FPS, I seemed to lose about 10-15 FPS, which isn't too terrible (I was getting 30-40 in towns/cities, 50 woods, and 70 in open fields/coast). I also had a few issues with my inventory (not being able to add things without removing something from a half-full backpack). I'm guessing a lot of this is just breaking in the respawn system of the zombies, though, so I don't think a bug report is needed. 

Was on north-west airfield, so many zombies there and they keep respawn, fired about 80-90 m4 rounds to cross airfield. THAT WAS AWESOME!

how many is so many?

EDIT: and how soon do they re-spawn?

Edited by ministelis

"Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks"

Wait, so does that mean that we can't wear a ballistic helmet and gas mask at the same time anymore? :( 

I've got video evidence of the invisible player bug now.  I've also concluded that it has nothing to do with the axe stance since my friend was a new spawn.  It seems that a player gets stuck in a position somewhere (not sure why) and their character continues invisible while their "avatar" does all their actions just in one spot.  You can damage the player's avatar and it will affect them.  

Another interesting note is that when my friend ran back to his avatar, it "reset" and I was able to see him move around like normal.  Also, my other friend was seeing the invisible player avatar in one position and I was seeing it in a completely different spot.

I'm trying to upload the videos as we speak and hopefully I'll bring up a bug report that wouldn't be tagged with "Needs more info" since I haven't exactly found out how to replicate it.

• Like 2

I've got video evidence of the invisible player bug now.  I've also concluded that it has nothing to do with the axe stance since my friend was a new spawn.  It seems that a player gets stuck in a position somewhere (not sure why) and their character continues invisible while their "avatar" does all their actions just in one spot.  You can damage the player's avatar and it will affect them.  

Another interesting note is that when my friend ran back to his avatar, it "reset" and I was able to see him move around like normal.  Also, my other friend was seeing the invisible player avatar in one position and I was seeing it in a completely different spot.

I'm trying to upload the videos as we speak and hopefully I'll bring up a bug report that wouldn't be tagged with "Needs more info" since I haven't exactly found out how to replicate it.

That actually might fit in with the invisible Zombies / Teleported Hits bug from the sound of it.

@ K20017

Keep investigating, I'm sure devs will appreciate your feedback :thumbsup:

Edited by JiJi

Here we go.  Sorry, I thought I was recording my teamspeak audio so you could hear them but it isn't too pertinent to get the point across.

My friend's avatar is stuck in this position and mimics everything that he is doing on his screen.  He was running around in the field by the firehouse in Elektro.  As you can see, he picked up a white hard hat from somewhere and it appeared on his avatar.  I also had another friend playing who was seeing this avatar in a completely different spot.

I then ran outside and told him to punch the bus stop wall.  He is directly in front of me punching it and you can clearly see and hear it but his avatar is still in the building to the left of the screen.

I ran back up to check his body and it moved into that corner.

I punched him to see if it would wound him on his screen and sure enough it did.

Then his avatar made its way out of the building and stopped in the street.  He was punching the zombie near the firehouse in the next video.  

The invisible man punching the zombie yet his body that I can see is just outside the building.

• Like 9

Please put a Simple Respawn Mechanic for the loot pls pls pls thats all we need by the way AMAZING (: ty for the zombies and lot of fixes adds more immersion to the game because without zombies its just PVP massacre 

• Like 1

So when would an update be pushed to stable? Also, I've been getting 10 or so fps since the critical patch. Fps has been dropping steadily since I bought this game. Hopefully there would be an update and fix for stable today.

• Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map

Tested on experimental server. Sorry if this has been reported before, didn't read everything in this post.

If you jump off the roof of the police station (the building with the circular stairs) and land ON the police car in front of it, your toon does not take any damage from falling.

Maybe this works also with other buildings and obstacles like trash containers or other vehicles.

Tried 6 or 7 jumps, never took any damage.

With jump, I don't mean pressing the 'V-Button' but just running off the roof.

This game is going to rock one its finished its fun now!!!!   Sorry for all the people waiting for when it is released  they are missing the tension of waiting for new equipment and loot like we are wonderful game people keep up the great work!!!  Dayz Rulz

• Like 1

I've got video evidence of the invisible player bug now. I've also concluded that it has nothing to do with the axe stance since my friend was a new spawn. It seems that a player gets stuck in a position somewhere (not sure why) and their character continues invisible while their "avatar" does all their actions just in one spot. You can damage the player's avatar and it will affect them.

Another interesting note is that when my friend ran back to his avatar, it "reset" and I was able to see him move around like normal. Also, my other friend was seeing the invisible player avatar in one position and I was seeing it in a completely different spot.

Nice job, good sir!

Anyone know where i can get my hands on a Pristine Hoe - i most definitely don't want a Worn one.....

• Like 3

Anyone know where i can get my hands on a Pristine Hoe - i most definitely don't want a Worn one.....

Worn hoe's = better plowing.

• Like 5

So played the experimental branch last night with a few friends, first thing I notice is a small increase in FPS which is always good for me as I range between 20 and 25 (when not recording).

The other thing I notice is it doesn't rain indoors now, which again is a really good for me, I can't run shadows on normal (my poor pc drops to 6 fps when they are on) and feared I may have to drop out of the game if it kept raining inside.

Love the new stance with the fire axe (I'm sure it's the same for other melee weapons, however only had an fire axe at this time). looks cool and gives the impression of a more full force swing.

Wasn't able to pick berries successfully as of yet, not sure if there's some sort of percentage set for the chances of finding any.

Love the new Police stations, not had the chance to check the medical buildings yet. Not to mention playing on a 60 man server at almost full pop I didn't have the chance to loot anything from said Police stations.

I'm so happy the "eat all" option was added, was just discussing this with my clan a few days/weeks ago. Makes eating a lot easier.

There's a few other things but can't remember them off the top of my head, but I'd give this up date a 8/10

The reason for that is invisible players, I join on 2 friends, meet up but can only see one of them, the I couldn't see could see me but couldn't see the other guy where as I could. Not that big of an issue as we're teaming up. However later on in that play session, I was hit and killed a guy I couldn't see despite seeing him a few minutes before. He just disappears I start running from his last known location but was still struck several times before dying.

• Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered

ahhh I cant wait to try this out. Target at 400 meter or more are very hard to take down even when they are not moving. Hope this fixed it! thank you Dean.

I'm gonna put all the hoes in a barn, and have a hoe down.

When I see all those hoes you put in the barn, I'm gonna have a heart attack!

I'm a bit worried bout the "Player could vault with broken legs" -fix.

Last week i got stuck in one of the flats in Cherno with broken legs.

I could make it all the way down the stairs to reacht street level, without vaulting with broken legs.

Guyz how can i update my current 35 version to 37 using steam ? 

Yes.

Simply right click on DayZ in your Steam library and go to properties -> Beta -> and set it to experimental build.

Apply/OK and the experimental update will be downloaded automatically.

/edit

Oh and btw:

any1 else noticed that the game is more laggy and "rusty" again?

.36 build was fine for me but the .37 makes a few things more laggy again.

Also, I've got a bigger FPS drop again - especially in big cities. Seems like the HDR isn't working properly.

Edited by qliqQLAQ

This update is amazing. I see 10 fps improvement compared to build 35 on my Intel HD Graphics 4400. Textures Normal, filtering Normal, memory Auto, Quality everything Very Low and Shadows Disabled, Rendering everything Disabled and HDR Very Low.

Great game, great work guys!!!

So... My DayZ doesn't seem to be working :/ ? I'm missing item files.

Black Ushanka, M4 suppressor.

Can get into menu with missing hat, but not into any server.

Missing files on Normal version servers, and bad version on Experimental servers.

Anybody else get this problem.