rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Wasn't able to pick berries successfully as of yet, not sure if there's some sort of percentage set for the chances of finding any.

Just keep trying! Sometimes it takes quite a few tries from the same bush until you get some. If it was too easy, you wouldn't need to look for food elsewhere ;)

Anybody else getting massive lag problems (rubber banding)?? I can't even tell where my character is because I'll just jump 200m from where I was previously running. It's insane. It seems to be related to being near other people.

Anybody else getting massive lag problems (rubber banding)?? I can't even tell where my character is because I'll just jump 200m from where I was previously running. It's insane. It seems to be related to being near other people.

Nope. Have slight lag when some player ( maybe with deficient connections ) tries to log into server, that's all.

Entered high population area ( UK hardcore, think it was 0-3 ) and had the slight delay while I received the extra packages, but nothing game breaking. And the server was always full all the time. ( Elektro was on fire literally with 3 different groups fighting for control and bambis pouring in ).

Absolutely loving the respawning zombies, very impressive so far and shame I didn't record two deaths on our group due to it happening. 1 in Elektro another in Novy.

The new lighting layer works perfect and to be honest only a blanket to prevent gamma "cheat" is missing.

Didn't find a single hoe, the new melee animations make way more sense and it is noticeable how some previously expendable items, like the fire extinguisher now are quite nice to use.

All in all an improvement for the best.

You should make players killed by zombies evolve into lootable zombies. It will be frustrating for the player but could be rewarding to other players to come across these zombies, it would give it more realism in a zombie apocalypse

• Like 7

Yes.

Simply right click on DayZ in your Steam library and go to properties -> Beta -> and set it to experimental build.

Apply/OK and the experimental update will be downloaded automatically.

/edit

Oh and btw:

any1 else noticed that the game is more laggy and "rusty" again?

.36 build was fine for me but the .37 makes a few things more laggy again.

Also, I've got a bigger FPS drop again - especially in big cities. Seems like the HDR isn't working properly.

Huge thanks 

You should make players killed by zombies evolve into lootable zombies. It will be frustrating for the player but could be rewarding to other players to come across these zombies, it would give it more realism in a zombie apocalypse

That is a neat idea, though not an easy one to pull of me thinks.

Edited by Stonejackit

how many is so many?

EDIT: and how soon do they re-spawn?

20-30 zombies on the N-E airfield. Looks like they respawn instantly after killing at several distance(not in vision) and run to the gun shots.

That is a neat idea, though not an easy on to pull of me thinks.

it's easy to pull off.. could do it one handed :P

20-30 zombies on the N-E airfield. Looks like they respawn instantly after killing at several distance(not in vision) and run to the gun shots.

sweet

Anyone know where i can get my hands on a Pristine Hoe - i most definitely don't want a Worn one.....

ROFL, pristine ones are much better than worn ones. Warning: do not use a badly damaged one,, you wont have fun with it....

The new patch is a huge improvement as far as the FPS go, first i didnt see any changes but then upped shadows, textures, etc and im still sitting at 60fps. Prior to this patch i used to drop to about 45 or so with the same settings so whatever you guys did worked mint.

Zombie respawn is great, I was going to force-drink someone and test if my canteen dissapears but couldnt, will try again tomorrow.

One thing i found was that although it no longer rains inside some buildings where it used to - it still seems to rain in some of those big metal sheds, specifically there were two that sit together at the docks at Svetlo,

Okay, considering it's on experimental now (I think): Guys, go look and post if you can wear a ballistic helmet AND a gas mask (not any other mask, although you should also be able to wear the white masks, those respirators or so).

one nice surprise: mosin in the back, sks in hands, log out, logged back in, sks is in the inventory, under the backpack, dragged 'in hands', no problem. sweet. also, found a nice boonie hat but could take it :( edit: found another one, real interested how to attach vegetation as camo as intended 65zs7q.jpg

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 1

Testing the experimental build my friend and I found two bugs, my friend logged out while on night because he has having bad performance, when he logged back he wasn't at night anymore while I still was, I relogged also for test it out and completely pitch back night turned into daylight.

The other bug happened to both of us too, it was not being able to swing an axe, or any melee weapon, I needed to relog in order to being able to attack with the weapon again.

We started at Electro and the fps where lower than before.

Edited by Wili

New patch kinda feels smoother at times prolly due to some optimisations.

Loving the new zombie respawn - first time I saw 7 zombies coming at me at every turn. Loving it!

Catch rain with canteen cool!

Hating new axe pose. Feels unnatural to need to raise your axe before youre able to click. Please bring back old mechanic where you can still swing from the ready pose.

• Like 4

dean, you should always do videos like these:

also nice update.

• Like 4

Network: Dropped items appeared only after a delay (now instant)

Finally! We know faster now if the Ammo Box glitches away when put on the floor.

- can not crawl any longer through holes in the concrete fence

- the camo net outpost in nwaf doesn t have sandbags walls any longer, although items are spawning in mid-air, where the walls used to be

- the new melee mechanic is a real pain in the ass (can someone also please confirm that sprinting with axe in hands is faster?)

The new patch is a huge improvement as far as the FPS go, first i didnt see any changes but then upped shadows, textures, etc and im still sitting at 60fps. Prior to this patch i used to drop to about 45 or so with the same settings so whatever you guys did worked mint.

Zombie respawn is great, I was going to force-drink someone and test if my canteen dissapears but couldnt, will try again tomorrow.

One thing i found was that although it no longer rains inside some buildings where it used to - it still seems to rain in some of those big metal sheds, specifically there were two that sit together at the docks at Svetlo,

i was in elektro last night my fps in recent patches when on busy server normally 30 min after latest patch on last night i dropped to 20 fps for periods. so my performance was down not up.

Yes, that devblog was sweet sweet nectar

cant wait to try this new update.

it seems since the PR hiccup dean is really pushing updates and info. Strange but good.

Dean just confirmed (via Twitter) they are looking into that "negative mouse acceleration bug". sweet.

Not there yet for me tho! enjoy guys :P but it was ok patch tho

Yes, that devblog was sweet sweet nectar

cant wait to try this new update.

it seems since the PR hiccup dean is really pushing updates and info. Strange but good.

lol its becuse evryone i know ,knows that he took the cash and bailed! XD

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/24/5441782/dean-hall-to-step-down-as-head-of-dayz-leaving-bohemia-interactive