rocket

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.33.114926

I have noticed after the update my GPU clock (ATI 5770 1GB) goes to a steady 99-100% usage while playing DayZ.

Rocket pls don't burn my GPU man.

higher GPU usage is GREAT. that means your CPU is no longer bottle necking your GPU, you are maxing on GPU usage because you are A) not limiting your FPS, or B ) have your graphic options set too high. in a perfect world (ie mantle ect working) all gpus will be strained 100% unless fps is capped.

Here is a example for you.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8065

Look at the two images i submitted. you can see that on one i have 93% usage and other is 97-99%, that is because i use 1/2 adaptive vsync (i play with 120hz on dayz, asus 278he display), basically a fps cap of 60.

Edited by Death
  • Like 2

Sooo, he mentioned stone, paper matches etc can we actually make fire yet let alone cook ? (I'm guessing not) 

He also mentioned a "radio" but I'm guessing it still needs to be programmed into the game before we can use?

the transmitters are usable in-game if thats what you mean by "radio"

as for fire, what you need is firewood, matches, and stone. havent gotten all three togeather yet, so i cant tell you on that.

the transmitters are usable in-game if thats what you mean by "radio"

as for fire, what you need is firewood, matches, and stone. havent gotten all three togeather yet, so i cant tell you on that.

No one has ever answered my transmissions, even on populated servers in the middle of electrodeathmatchtime. :(

Like the new patch, very hard to find loot even in the big town. If there is a loot, chances are the item status is either badly damaged to worn. Pristine is scarce. However, I still cant find berries and haven't got any slightest idea how the berries look like.

[...]
- Gear: Book, radio, pot, pan, gas canisters, matchbox, paper, firewood and stone can be placed in hands

[...]

do you mean gas canisters for fuel or for portable gas stoves?

can we get an idea how far we are from drivable/flyable vehicles and how far we are from underground bases/loot storage?

cheers and thank you for the good work! keep it up Rocket.

Irenicus, you've been really nice throughout the thread (for the most part)... But I'm sensing a bit of hostility...  Be nice!!  :P

No hostility. Just saying, I think they should have waited and patched the current issues such as the hunger/thirst/stuffed bugs before releasing it to stable. After all isn't that what experimental is for? It at least gives us the choice between a buggy version and a really buggy version :D. Let's hope they fix it quickly.

higher GPU usage is GREAT. that means your CPU is no longer bottle necking your GPU, you are maxing on GPU usage because you are A) not limiting your FPS, or B ) have your graphic options set too high. in a perfect world (ie mantle ect working) all gpus will be strained 100% unless fps is capped.

Here is a example for you.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8065

Look at the two images i submitted. you can see that on one i have 93% usage and other is 97-99%, that is because i use 1/2 adaptive vsync (i play with 120hz on dayz, asus 278he display), basically a fps cap of 60.

I have everything on normal and clouds disabled. Now usage has dropped to ~80%.

Nice feedback. :thumbsup:

balota tents still don't spawn anything, i was sure that i read they re-introduced the loot in said tents.

Watch out when you eat berries, i got the poisonous ones and got heavily sick. Unless really starving i won't try them again.

Edited by Fabrix

balota tents still don't spawn anything, i was sure that i read they re-introduced the loot in said tents.

Watch out when you eat berries, i got the poisonous ones and got heavily sick. Unless really starving i won't try them again.

yeap the military tents still have no loots in it. How do you find the berries? does it stand out if you sees one?

Alternatively, you could just not log off near zombies. ;)

So just charter a flight out of Chernarus and then log off when I get to Antarctica? Check. Maybe next patch. ;)

Broken fall damage saved me from "Ghosting" 3 times tonight.  Yay! /sarcasm off

Honestly, big thanks to all the devs and whoever else is busting their ass working on this game. Great update!

• Like 1

While i love the 30s timer i can t puke more on the shitantihopper/ghoster temp fix, IT SUX, i hope u r gonna remove it or reduce it to a fixed 1 max 2 minutes only if you hope more then 2 server in a row once loot respawn is up.

I don t give a shit if to make a homelet u need to break some eggs viktor, could i remember you WE are the eggs, and you know what happens later......

Just look rust sale and avg player playing, i guess you can do a simple 1+1, or u too much drunk all the times like your steam avar show ?

1 of my many constructive post, feel free to ignoreit and listen the lil crybaby comunity of bambis who like to run for 30m to find an axe/die.

We all have limited time to play and we have payd earlyer to help develop, but looks like only a few loot added, more bugs, and a couple of unuseful feature addef since launch.

Loot doesnt respawn per say its not warz loot spawns when the servers restart if your not finding loot chances are someone been there already thats why people are dumb when they all rush to the same exact areas all the time elekro and cherno and the airfields being number ones.

guys I cant update the game on steam. says disk write error. tried fixing it with steam advise but nothing works. any ideas?

While i love the 30s timer i can t puke more on the shitantihopper/ghoster temp fix, IT SUX, i hope u r gonna remove it or reduce it to a fixed 1 max 2 minutes only if you hope more then 2 server in a row once loot respawn is up.

I don t give a shit if to make a homelet u need to break some eggs viktor, could i remember you WE are the eggs, and you know what happens later......

Just look rust sale and avg player playing, i guess you can do a simple 1+1, or u too much drunk all the times like your steam avar show ?

1 of my many constructive post, feel free to ignoreit and listen the lil crybaby comunity of bambis who like to run for 30m to find an axe/die.

We all have limited time to play and we have payd earlyer to help develop, but looks like only a few loot added, more bugs, and a couple of unuseful feature addef since launch.

Nice spelling i tell you come proper prestigious england school.

• Like 1

Go on, Rocket! This patch rocks! Very nice alpha testing.
P.s. please make Python sound more brutal :)

You don't gone spell to good then know how 

HAR HAR

Anyone else experiencing massive game crashes? Sometimes 5 minutes after login, sometimes when trying to change the server.

Completely agree whit that and main bugs/glitches/exploits aren't touched 2 months already... This "fancy pansy" patches whit additional weapons/pants/hats buys most of community trust but who aren't blind sees different way. Wall glitch is out there still if i wont get any respond soon about fixing this major treat i will start creating tutorials about it.

In such speed of developing game this alpha gonna take 2 years or more cause every patch they hit they bring more bugs/exploit to game... 

Dunno if any other had expierenced this but couple days ago than i joined to server i got message im dead i clicked ESC>configure>video raised gamma brigh to see wtf and i saw... I becamed a Bird and i could control it only then menu is up WSAD could fly w/e i can.

• Like 1

well, it s not bad.

- tried the infamous wall glitch, didn t work, maybe works only on really shitty computers, as I read somewhere.

It works... If u want to experience this more just join in some 40/40 RU servers those using alot... run in elektro and try to survive in any house which has additional room whit no interaction in it. Like school or whatever that building called

• Like 1

- Effects: gunshot sound of Magnum reverted to original one

this is quite bullshit snice my friend had the magnum yesterday and it sounded exactly like it did before like the FNX it kinda sucks hope they fix it next patch

And also the fall damage bug which is quite annoying when people can just jump from everywhere without dying and that makes ladders useless.