rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

I have had no problems whatsoever finding food in the experimental.

You just cant take any common paths.

Cherno is always empty, and the west in general always has something.

I have not had one issue regarding starving to death.

This new update was the best so far. I really enjoyed the lack of food and material. Created real tensions. I had to fight to feed myself. Whatever I found was for survival, I didn't found enough to be able to not be hungry until later. I think this is nice, since it create a real urge not to die.

^This!

Man, some of you guys are real shitty at this game huh?

lol! j/k!

I love it now that there is less loot!

Can't wait for improvised weapons!

Once they arrive military loot will be extremely rare!

• Like 1

Irenicus, a new update was released today.

They are referring to that...stop being arrogant, it leads you to stop reading and you get wrong.

Not everybody does not read...make sure you don't stop doing it because of those who don't.

Irenicus was a troll in our Ausarma forums untill we got rid of him. He seems to have gotten worse though, just click the report button on his name when you see him post this crap and the mods will take care of him.

p.s. Even though he might have mental health problems doesn't mean he can act like that here.

storage plz game is so boring without......... im running circles since 4 weeks cause there is nothing what i can do expect killing people which i cant loot -.-

Please explain to me how storage can make a game....not boring? please... 

"Yay, I can now put my lewts in a tent..... ok my tents filled up, games boreing again!"

Grow up. 

• Like 1

I would rather they fix the problems with the existing game(play) rather than taking a huge leap like adding vehicles. Vehicles are for private hives and people who have a lot of time to get and maintain (hoarde) said vehicles.

Because everyone gives a shit about what i think here is a small list of very broad issues that i think need to be addresed.

1. sound "issues"

2. better / more / respawing zombies. (I like the fact they all spawn when the server restarts though)

3. loot "issues"....im not even sure where they are going with this, are they going to keep it so loot only spawns on server restart or are they going to a respawing loot system?

4. fix issues with broken attachments ie. silencer, compensator, bipod, handguards, stocks.  (just a few balance issues to sort out here)

5. hunting and cooking

6. improved sickness / health / fatigue system

6. add stupid amout of different gunz / attachments (Im talking like at least 4 different gus that are going to be similar to the m4, cos variety is the spice of life)

7. more hats

8. weather effects, night time fixes (torches not going thorugh buildings)

8. general networking performance (what ever that means, less lag and connection issues i guess)

then when it starts to get really serious you bring out the big gunz...

9. Private hives, *mind explosion* will fix server hoping/combat log (i can wait)

10. Tents / stashes / undergound lair

11. Vehicles

• Like 3

I would rather they fix the problems with the existing game(play) rather than taking a huge leap like adding vehicles. Vehicles are for private hives and people who have a lot of time to get and maintain (hoarde) said vehicles.

Because everyone gives a shit about what i think here is a small list of very broad issues that i think need to be addresed.

1. sound "issues"

2. better / more / respawing zombies. (I like the fact they all spawn when the server restarts though)

3. loot "issues"....im not even sure where they are going with this, are they going to keep it so loot only spawns on server restart or are they going to a respawing loot system?

4. fix issues with broken attachments ie. silencer, compensator, bipod, handguards, stocks.  (just a few balance issues to sort out here)

5. hunting and cooking

6. improved sickness / health / fatigue system

6. add stupid amout of different gunz / attachments (Im talking like at least 4 different gus that are going to be similar to the m4, cos variety is the spice of life)

7. more hats

8. weather effects, night time fixes (torches not going thorugh buildings)

8. general networking performance (what ever that means, less lag and connection issues i guess)

then when it starts to get really serious you bring out the big gunz...

9. Private hives, *mind explosion* will fix server hoping/combat log (i can wait)

10. Tents / stashes / undergound lair

11. Vehicles

I'd rather the professionals develop their game in the way they best see fit.

• Like 1

Software development consists of various specialties, so many of the things you suggest aren't going to happen serially; they happen in parallel. You'll have a team working on optimization, performance, possibly, you'll have another team creating the models, and a team responsible for coding their interaction with the engine, in-game physics, etc. etc. These things take place simultaneously, and with a nested tree of dependencies that have to be carefully managed. If people see shorts being added and wonder why time is being wasted with those kinds of things rather than vehicles, or some bug fixes, it's just not that simple.

Edit: And I personally think that the devs are doing a great job of releasing content as well as engine/server performance tweaks as they are becoming available, despite the fact that an obnoxious vocal minority of alpha testers behave as though they're owed a finished game NAOW! Not you, quoted poster, just using this response as a mini-platform as it were.

Edited by Zhrike
  • Like 4

1. is the new patch somehow doing this? is there more Damage being dealt than Good from patching?

2. Ive had Enough! How can rocket not Recruit like 1000 people to Fight for fixing this game rather than swiming in our money and doing Squat to fix the game, At least make it PLAYABLE !!!

3. MAKE  THE  GAME  PLAYABLE!! i dont care about Content, i just want to be able to fkn PLAY!

4. Its Not much to ask to be able to play a game wich i paid $30

Just Let us Play the Damn game!

1. Yes, patches do often bring in new bugs.

2. He recruited more than 1,000 players... he's recruited about 1.3 million to help develop the game and you're one of them.

3. Make the game playable? There IS NO GAME. This is a testing environment for doing testing. There is no game environment.

4. You didn't pay $30 for a game... you payed for the privilege of having your character screw up and then report it in order to help with the development. If you don't feel like working any more stay away till the testing is finished and come back when there is a "game" to play.

• Like 6

Software development consists of various specialties, so many of the things you suggest aren't going to happen serially; they happen in parallel. You'll have a team working on optimization, performance, possibly, you'll have another team creating the models, and a team responsible for coding their interaction with the engine, in-game physics, etc. etc. These things take place simultaneously, and with a nested tree of dependencies that have to be carefully managed. If people see shorts being added and wonder why time is being wasted with those kinds of things rather than vehicles, or some bug fixes, it's just not that simple.

Edit: And I personally think that the devs are doing a great job of releasing content as well as engine/server performance tweaks as they are becoming available, despite the fact that an obnoxious vocal minority of alpha testers behave as though they're owed a finished game NAOW! Not you, quoted poster, just using this response as a mini-platform as it were.

This post should be looked at more. 

• Like 1

Anybody else digging the kiddy backpacks? There's variants in red, blue, and green. 

What's with all the whining? Holy hell...

This is one of the most enjoyable games I've played in 20 years, the only problem I have with it is that I don't have as much time to play as I'd like.

People today... Don't appreciate shit.

Keep up the great work fellas, I would have paid twice the amount for this 'alpha' which is already better than cod ghosts for instance, that I spent (literally) 9 minutes playing.

• Like 12

I'd rather the professionals develop their game in the way they best see fit.

How convenient of you to contribute so little feedback to the developers.

1. Yes, patches do often bring in new bugs.

2. He recruited more than 1,000 players... he's recruited about 1.3 million to help develop the game and you're one of them.

3. Make the game playable? There IS NO GAME. This is a testing environment for doing testing. There is no game environment.

4. You didn't pay $30 for a game... you payed for the privilege of having your character screw up and then report it in order to help with the development. If you don't feel like working any more stay away till the testing is finished and come back when there is a "game" to play.

You sound so ignorant.  Dean hasn't recruited anyone to PURCHASE the game, he RECRUITED people to TEST INTERNALLY when they had a beta test, you know the testing phase that happens before a game is.. wait for it, available for purchase.  Which brings us to your next point, I don't know what you think you're doing, but you can't just warp around the map, spawn zombies, and set up situations to recreate, other than ones specifically caused by a player's interacting with the environment or server; what we all paid $30 for is DayZ.  I don't know about whatever you seem to have going on in your head, but I won't be spending a penny more to have the "privilege" of playing DayZ whenever Bohemia decides to say it's "done", and then continues to update the game for months and or years after that very day.

Which brings us to your last point, we all paid for the game.  You can keep spewing your delusional testing BS all you want, but 1.3 million people have purchased DayZ and are playing it on over 150 servers.  So please stop acting and posting so ignorantly.

Edited by McG2
  • Like 3

Well I have to agree that adding new attachments is kind of pointless when most of the old ones do not work just like the new ones, it's like giving a kid candies and telling them they can't eat them.  

Hello Rocket!

I had a question about the melee weapons. Currently it seems that the only weapons worth picking up are the axes. Is there a chance that the bat or the shovel or even the crowbar damage will be increased? Fighting off zombies right now with a bat takes like 10 hits, and the player is certain to take damage. I would think that if someone was hit with a bat, they would drop pretty quick! Another reason I bring this up is, for all the spawns that have to deal with kitted out players who sit and wait. Think about it, wouldn't it be nice for one of them to be able get a good hit on the bandits who are just there to kill the new comers? Anyway keep up the great work! :)

People complain that once they have a backpack filled with canned foods and drink that game loses something.Well then don't give them this feeling by keeping the reduced loot that experimental has right now but drastically increase time to death from starving.People wanna survive for Dayz ;)  and if a system was entered where you slowly starve to death I believe it would enhance gameplay.You could have players start out at a set amount of bodyweight thats listed in the UI screen and if you go below a certain threshold you are dead.

Add in rare of hard to hunt animals to the mix just makes survival that much sweeter.Good fatty steaks should add a good amount of bodyweight back but I do think rabbits should be very lean as they are in real life and be more a snack type food.maybe add in gallon containers of cooking oil as a great but rare find?

You sound so ignorant.  Dean hasn't recruited anyone to PURCHASE the game, he RECRUITED people to TEST INTERNALLY when they had a beta test, you know the testing phase that happens before a game is.. wait for it, available for purchase.  Which brings us to your next point, I don't know what you think you're doing, but you can't just warp around the map, spawn zombies, and set up situations to recreate, other than ones specifically caused by a player's interacting with the environment or server; what we all paid $30 for is DayZ.  I don't know about whatever you seem to have going on in your head, but I won't be spending a penny more to have the "privilege" of playing DayZ whenever Bohemia decides to say it's "done", and then continues to update the game for months and or years after that very day.

Which brings us to your last point, we all paid for the game.  You can keep spewing your delusional testing BS all you want, but 1.3 million people have purchased DayZ and are playing it on over 150 servers.  So please stop acting and posting so ignorantly.

What does this mean? "PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME" That means purchase if you want to test the game("Actively Support") and offer money to further development and show support. So, yes, you are paying early so you can test the game.

Edited by Gangrene
  • Like 7

People complain that once they have a backpack filled with canned foods and drink that game loses something.Well then don't give them this feeling by keeping the reduced loot that experimental has right now but drastically increase time to death from starving.People wanna survive for Dayz ;)  and if a system was entered where you slowly starve to death I believe it would enhance gameplay.You could have players start out at a set amount of bodyweight thats listed in the UI screen and if you go below a certain threshold you are dead.

Add in rare of hard to hunt animals to the mix just makes survival that much sweeter.Good fatty steaks should add a good amount of bodyweight back but I do think rabbits should be very lean as they are in real life and be more a snack type food.maybe add in gallon containers of cooking oil as a great but rare find?

The whole thing is absolutely basic right now and will be improved over time. Players will suffer from wounds, starvation, dehydration, diseases, infections,poisoning and hyperthermia. Item degradation will keep us busy all the time while hords of zeds will make it hopefully very dangerous to get the needed supplies especially in the bigger cities.

This is just the beginning  :)

They fell unconcious from a machete? would of thought that should only happen if taking blunt force trauma like from a bat, not a sharp weapon like a machete, very odd.

what was the condition of your machete? badly damaged I would assume...

This is for all the guys complaining about how they can't find any food and starve to death (on experimental servers)

POKoSST.jpg

Edited by dofazi
  • Like 1

Its just couple of them there a alot of this crap video whit tutorials how to glitch/exploit w/e..

What i want to say 2 days ago me and friends there wiped by this in normal building, rage quited for day. Yesterday whit 2 friends went to school building and got shot by this stuff again...

This glitch is spreading like disease and in couple weeks major people gonna suffer this. 

You can find this lazy glitch bitches now in every high populated servers for sure!

Just FYI, they are replacing the physics engine pretty soon, so I'm not sure it makes sense to fix those glitches yet. It's possible they will dissapear on their own once the new engine is deployed.