rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

If they fix the loot then your all set, no need to hop and if you did hop then you only need to get one fresh server. If a player jumps from fresh server to fresh server and again fresh server then I feel really sad for them as they dont get it, non skill loot seems to be interest over playing. Not saying thats you or anything just my thoughts on it, totally understand while new stuff is being added and the loot is broken but once its fixed it cant be an excuse and needs policed.

I wish Dean and the team every backing in cutting cheating, hacks, exploits of any kind and stream sniping.

I would hope people finding these in experimental would help out and report them.

hahhahahahahah..... You want the devs to do something about stream sniping...hahahha I needed that thanks.

Edited by badbishh

looking forward to the bug fixes most but also the dtronger zombies and the X+1 M4 and FNX45. thanks Dean for lissening.

this is a pretty good patch, fixed most of the details that were annoying me like hell lol keep up the good work :D thanks Dean

I like the patch, just there are some major bugs in it. You throw up from being stuffed and when you do it still says "stuffed" and thirsty. Stuffed means full of water but the thirsty once you thrown up is wrong your actually hungry. 

• Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
  • Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

When server restarts or I get kicked within 30 minutes I get the penalty :c also when I join the wrong server and change it to play with a friend, not fair at all, not even League of Legends has a penalty that big

I don't like this, I know it prevents server hopping, but sometimes I'm playing and my family needs me so I gotta stop playing right away and I can't take the time to look for somewhere safe and waiting 30 seconds will get me killed for sure

hmmm after hitting respawn i have to wait 30 seconds...for the last 5 minutes it says "Please wait ..."

Have you not played SA before? Respawn has never worked

imo, there should be an abundance of vehicles.

Get over yourself. Vehicles will be added when they are ready and not before. There is a shit tonne of stuff to add and fix before that will happen. Oh and in case you hadn't noticed there are vehicles, they're simply all trashed.

If you want to talk about realism, it's a couple of years after the zombie apocalypse, so no, there would not be an abundance of vehicles.

4.83. actually

Guessing you pulled that number out of your arse? 4km/h average. I think you're merely talking about average men not including old/young people :)

Played the experimental branch all night. Awesome changes. Why do the servers restart so often? One of them was restarting every five minutes.

I'm sure it's to test restarts and spawn points or something I was just curious.

This is in reply to the server timed penalty for a quick log off and for the 30 second sin down "you're in time a out"

First let me say I respect the opinions of some of the griefing with the server hopping a quick disconnect loggers. I know you get some one and they run and log off and that sucks.

Now let me say "shit happens" some of that being life. Kids do stuff, wife calls, accidentally spill your beer in your cheese cake while you were chasing after Joe just like Rocket does.

We shouldn't have to think about life events and how they may impact the game especially for a persistent character.  It's not like a re-spawn or a round based game. When you have to log out to take care of a life event I would like the game and my character to be there waiting just as I left it.  Heavens forbid you're in a pickle when life happens and those of us who are faced with making a poor life choice to get our character to a safe place before dealing with some thing that really should be dealt with now. Games should not impact our game play when we need to shut it off to take care of life and we should not be penalized with a time limit for making a better life choice.

I understand those griefers hate to have their game interfered with someone exploiting an opportunity.  It sucks when you think you got someone dead to rights and they log out.  For you I offer some consolation and words of wisdom.  People behave this way for a reason, they are motivated by their desires and your actions against them.  My best advice, stop being pricks and KOS. Stop harassing new spawns and not even giving them the first chance that you server hopped to get.  It's a game of survival and yes this is part of the game, but it is still just a game.  There should not be a need to impact the majority to restrict and appease the actions and thoughts of the few.

IMO this will annoy and turn people away when something negative happens because of it.  "My child fell and is crying, Oh he's fine just a scare", log back in... "your server is full now", new server "please wait 5 minutes" and then when you do log in "your player is unconscious and bleeding" because your were eaten by zombies during your "time out"  "fuck this game I'm done" and Mr family man goes and plays something else instead.

Played the experimental branch all night. Awesome changes. Why do the servers restart so often? One of them was restarting every five minutes.

I'm sure it's to test restarts and spawn points or something I was just curious.

Part of the problem is a known crash, that we've already fixed but that we have not pushed to experimental yet.

It's 11pm here so we will push it to experimental sometime tomorrow. The server crashes when someone tries to craft an object in hands that there is no space for.

• Like 1

It reads that maximum of 5 minutes...
So its more like this.
Login to server, change server within 30 mins and wait 30 sec logout, join new and wait 30 second penalty. Do it again and the penalty will be 1 minute next time. After you hop it to 5 minutes its the highest it will go. Trying to join full server wont count as login attempt, obviously.
Also logging in to a wrong server is bad excuse as you can join through steam or friends list.

Logout timer should be tested for best result, people forget again that this is alpha and these features are to be tested and tweaked?
No need to go "omg not going to work my his hers him bla bla no no!" for everything...

I can't for the life of me find the sks. I went through on a 10 man server (german server so nobody on) from Electro to barenzino and only found a m44 compensator (no guns at all) and a box of sks ammo. Also I keep throwing up even though I'm healthy and have not been hit by zombies which has never happened in my 60+ hours of gameplay.

lol.. You may have "stuffed" yourself full of water, hydrating yourself.  But you still need to eat.   :)

That 'stuffed' notifier would appear to be bugged out just like 'healthy' is in all the other builds, it just doesn't go away on it's own. I have verified this stuffing myself, running for 10 minutes or so, and then eating a bunch more. After having a pack of dried milk and a couple cans of food, the bottom left of the screen came up with the white text 'you are full' warning again. If I was truly stuffed before doing that, then I'd have vomited and that warning would have come up in red.

Rocket, could you please read my reply on page 6 of this post? It got 17 cans of beans. ;-) I'm sure you missed it, but it'd make my year if you would comment on that idea.

Edited by Gangrene

Rocket, could you please read my reply on page 6 of this post? It got 9 cans of beans. ;-) I'm sure you missed it, but it'd make my year if you would comment on that idea.

Oh dude your idea is awesome ^^ dunno if it can be with the engine but just imagine it :D

For God Sake make a suggestion threat so they may take a look at it.

I want to say that the character eats a lot and quickly die of hunger and thirst, it is bad for the game and balance. How many need to drink or eat to not fill a full stomach?

Edited by B.a.r.r.e.t
  • Like 2

I want to say that the character eats a lot and quickly die of hunger and thirst, it is bad for the game and balance. How many need to drink or eat to not fill a full stomach?

Also I would like to see food and water take up more inventory space, and longer periods between thirst and hunger.

Inventory having weight which effects stamina and stealth would be cool.

Edited by Gorvi

I got excited thinking this patch had finnaly introduced dynamic lighting/shadows. Can someone shed some light on what the dynamic light thing is?

Also, is it just me or is zombie pathfinding and zombie/player hit detection takeing a shit this patch? 

The sun sprite also clips through buildings and what not. 

Noticed they brought back the heavy eye brightness adaptation (actually in the previous patch), often making bright scenery look way too dark and dark scenery look far too light. I was so happy when it was gone in SA, or at least i thought it was. One of the things i disliked most about Arma 2.

• Like 2

Performance seemed better in southern big cities. Or maybe it was just that because servers restarted every 10-20mins. Zombies are better. More agressive? Some nice new loot. Love the new warm looking jacket. Belly stuffed full of water and you die of starvation. That doesn't make sense.