rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

I agree with you...but...not everybody is a pro-supa-dedicated-gamer. What if your children starts to cry and you have to go immediately? You can't go in the woods, just a few seconds to logout. Imagine also that when that happens there are no firefights, no players around. A zed knocks you out while you are sitting there and you lose a week character (talking about finished product of course).

Children... That's your problem man. This game is aimed at the players who want to play a hardcore game, not at the casuals. Casuals are of course welcome, but you just have to deal with that you probably are going to die, if you suddenly have to shut down your game.

Make sure you have time to play, make sure you clear the area of zeds, or hide from players before you log out. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Hullo!

Couple of issues i've been seeing thus far:

- Can run through fences ( if running directly at a 90 decree towards the fence)

- Climbing down ladders sometimes teleports you back to the top and you fall down (death)

Don't know if these bugs have already been reported or even if i should post them here. New user... :P

• Like 1

Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)

This is the easy solution for now, but further down the line couldn't  random spawning be introduced as a penalty.

And just make sure your spawn distance from the current location increases everytime you jump in and out of servers.

But I guess this will create too much work:

-Adding hundreds of spawns

-and more load on the server to calculate respawn logic.

Edited by Brok21k

Now the game is not risky, I hope it will be a constant death risk when it's finished, and I am talking in perspective...I still hope that zeds will be kind of a threat in the end. Anyway, I am not casual and I have no children, yet.

But as I stated in the edit, I think that all points of view should be taken in consideration and that was I was doing, because even if this will be an hardcore game it will need casual players to expand. And yes, I played the mod, but an hard fan base is not enough for the future: some (few) user friendly features have to be considered if they don't disrupt the spirit of the game, and finding an alternative sistem might be possible.

I repeat, I'm extremely happy that combat logging is beeing addressed this way, I just think that they should look for an improvement more user friendly (and I think that they will look at it in the future).

Hullo!

Couple of issues i've been seeing thus far:

- Can run through fences ( if running directly at a 90 decree towards the fence)

- Climbing down ladders sometimes teleports you back to the top and you fall down (death)

Don't know if these bugs have already been reported or even if i should post them here. New user... :P

Hi :)

These and related are old and known issues since the beginning of alpha :)

Not related with this experimental patch.

Edited by Gugolas

Updated with new changes coming to experimental today

• Like 7

Children... That's your problem man. This game is aimed at the players who want to play a hardcore game, not at the casuals. Casuals are of course welcome, but you just have to deal with that you probably are going to die, if you suddenly have to shut down your game.

Make sure you have time to play, make sure you clear the area of zeds, or hide from players before you log out. Problem solved.

I agree,

Play a different game, simply as. I have a baby, but accept the risks of the game.

Please keep making this game as hard as possible. I love it.

Its the only game on the market, that feels that simply staying alive is an achievement .

We all get upset after being killed "vowing never to play again". Then login the next day to go through it all again :)

• Like 1

Well, I've been on the experimental branch for about six hours and have come up with an SKS at last!

This is a going to be a great weapon in game!

Gear: ZSh-3 Pilot helmet fixed and updated

Was this added in? I have yet to see one anywhere

I would like to see system messages displayed when someone logs off or logs on. I'm always nervous when someone logs on as even though I may have cleared out a building to be safe they can still spawn behind you. The login timers won't stop this if it's the 1st time the guy has logged on for ages.

I would go a step further and not allow players to log out when inside any building.

Updated with new changes coming to experimental today

Can you tell us something about the berries ? Its a little bit confusing...

Edited by Rancor

Was this added in? I have yet to see one anywhere

Found one yesterday in a firestation :)

• Like 1

Can you tell us something about the berries ? Its a little bit confusing...

No!. Let the community figure it out.

• Like 1

• Login: Respawn button now works correctly

Give this man beans, make him the bean king!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Damn Rocket! You zee man.

I played the experimental branch all night and I love it. At one point my character looked so unique. In other words, I know I will never have that combination of clothes and items on again as long as I play this game, so much variety already. And it is still Alpha!

Rocket you and your team are so awesome xD Very nice work, especially the fast fix of the starvation bug.... Great work man, really !!!

• Login: When players logout, their avatar sits on ground for 30 seconds. Players must make sure they logout somewhere safe

So does that mean when one carefully choose one's logoff point but someone stumbles upon or stalks one - he is fucked??

Or do you have to wait in menue with option to abort and maybe even look around?