RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

You cannot.. and I stress cannot be banned for using a hacked weapon/magazine/can of beans/pair of shoes. The only way you will ever be banned is if you actively use some sort of a hack or if you tamper with your .pbo files. And yes, that is true.

• Like 3

You cannot.. and I stress cannot be banned for using a hacked weapon/magazine/can of beans/pair of shoes. The only way you will ever be banned is if you actively use some sort of a hack or if you tamper with your .pbo files. And yes, that is true.

Why don't we just disable all the anti cheat than, why only ban some ? Lets allow everything. 

36tfEyf.jpg

A potential for a future patch? :D

wait...did you just say that hackers with hacked mags and weapons CAN NOT be banned. Did I hear that right????

Yep. You aren't banned for using them, but for cheating them into the game.

So if you pick up some tainted gear by accident, you won't be banned.

so how do they determine who is hacking them into the game and who is picking them up off of dead hackerz? Sounds to me that the devs cant differentiate this so they arent banning people

so how do they determine who is hacking them into the game and who is picking them up off of dead hackerz? Sounds to me that the devs cant differentiate this so they arent banning people

People are being banned regularly, we have the whiny forum threads to prove it.

As for how they determine who is doing the hacking, I assume that 'picking up something' doesn't look the same as 'spawning something' to an anti-cheat service. At least that seems to make sense, no?

BattlEye would detect them writing to that memory address and modifying it or by detecting the hack itself with signature scans I assume.

Devs job is to remove the possibility of it even happening by moving local magazine calculation server-side and then removing all the existing hacked ones, which is what they are doing but if you continue to find them then you should report it on the feedback tracker so the devs can determine why it was missed.

Just to clear some missconceptions.

1. We did fix the creation of the hacked magazines and stacks that was in the game a long time ago. It is no longer possible to create them that way.
  2. There is a server side check now to the amount of ammo.
  3. We did clear all of the magazines from database. It does not matter if they are in protector cases or any other place in inventory. They are all treated same when it comes to parsing the JSON they are stored in.
  4. The query did pinpoint all stacks and magazines that had abnormal amounts of ammo. Because of the time constraints it has been done in two parts.
  5. The amount of magazines and stacks removed has been around 16000 +-.

If you are still encountering any at all, report them just so I can find out why they were not parsed in the first place.

Thanks!

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29lvof/i_thought_unlimited_ammo_was_fixed/cimgdxv?context=3

• Like 1

In all respect, if I'd be you i would have simply shut my mouth on this. Thanks to this clarification, its now a free ticket for every idiot finding a hacked mag and the idiot can be sure its safe to use ( abuse ) it. I hope the devs have a hotfix for this problem in the pipeline so my argument is void. If not, then i think it wasn't a smart move.

In all respect, if I'd be you i would have simply shut my mouth on this. Thanks to this clarification, its now a free ticket for every idiot finding a hacked mag and the idiot can be sure its safe to use ( abuse ) it. I hope the devs have a hotfix for this problem in the pipeline so my argument is void. If not, then i think it wasn't a smart move.

It wasn't like this was unknown information, BattlEye has stated the same thing on their website for a couple of years now and really it should be common sense that you won't be banned because you happened upon an item that a cheater had previously modified.

It wasn't like this was unknown information, BattlEye has stated the same thing on their website for a couple of years now and really it should be common sense that you won't be banned because you happened upon an item that a cheater had previously modified.

Hey youre a Moderator, you know how much the "possible customers" are aware of the BE Forums by the threads they make here about their bans. Don't get me wrong, I'm just not a fan of spreading such information whenever its not totally necesarry.

In the end it was my point of view, and my experiences in games tell me that the idiots that use it barely look at anticheat-forums, dev-blogs or anything comparable. They just come to the games forums and play the unguilty.

BTW: "it should be common sense that you won't be banned because you happened upon an item that a cheater had previously modified."

No. Some anti-cheat engines i played with counted the use of a cheated item as evidence for cheating. So its not about common sense but rather about knowledge about BattleEye.

Wow...so now everyone is going to be running around with unlimited ammunition without a worry of being banned? This is very concerning, my clan will not be happy.

Glorious be the day. For I have killed a hacker with a M4A1 with infinite mag hack. 74e+1 on the mag

Day_Z_18_07_2014_00_37_36_453.png

so, you killed a guy and pick up his m4, it has 60 round stanag inside it but not unlimited ammo because the hacker tried to play "as regular as possible". but the hacker hacked this weapon inside the game.

so tell me, how do you know that this weapon was hacked?

just an example that sometimes you cannot seperate the weapons.

the problem is, at this point of the game we only see the obvious hackers but i assume there is much more hackers in this game than we expect.

Glorious be the day. For I have killed a hacker with a M4A1 with infinite mag hack. 74e+1 on the mag

Day_Z_18_07_2014_00_37_36_453.png

I shit you not, that guy you killed is wearing the exact same gear as my previous post. Even down to the boots (which I stole off him to replace my own!). Must be a new script kid program

BTW: "it should be common sense that you won't be banned because you happened upon an item that a cheater had previously modified."

No. Some anti-cheat engines i played with counted the use of a cheated item as evidence for cheating. So its not about common sense but rather about knowledge about BattleEye.

Don't know how you mean that exactly (transported to dayz)?

I see you shooting a guy, taking his pipsi, drinking it, wondering, why it's still there and then getting banned...yes, pure justice. (Don't know if pipsis can be hacked).

Even for hacked mags, look at the following scenario: You kill an M4 guy, you take the m4, it's bugged and you don't see anything on it. You re-log and the first thing you see is some guy with a fireaxe sprinting in your direction. You spray, banned. With all those ppl playing, such things happen quite often.

Can such a policy hold should someone decide to sue? And think globally here, not just US.

Why would you take the hacked m4? You can just hide the body...

• Like 2

Why would you take the hacked m4? You can just hide the body...

Some people have cookie dough for brain. 

• Like 1

Some people have cookie dough for brain. 

i dont think you understand the point that not every hacked m4 has the unlimited magazine. The hacker can just spawn a m4 into his gear with a normal 60 round stanag. so imagine you killed this guy, took his m4 and got banned for using it. its not always that obvious.

Edited by newguyzombie

i dont think you understand the point that not every hacked m4 has the unlimited magazine. The hacker can just spawn a m4 into his gear with a normal 60 round stanag. so imagine you killed this guy, took his m4 and got banned for using it. its not always that obvious.

See ? You won't get banned for using spawned M4 but I would assume running with an M4 that has hacked infinite mag even if you just found it is pushing your luck. 

a DEV has just stated that hackers with hacked weapons or mags will not be banned.

It doesn't take a lot to realise that anything 60 or below is normal and anything 61 and above is wrong. Hell, I don't have a problem with people picking up the M4 and putting a regular magazine into, just not a hacked mag that will never run out of ammo.

a DEV has just stated that hackers with hacked weapons or mags will not be banned.

Sigh.. no. That is not what I said at all. You took what I said and interpreted it your way.

Picking up a hacked weapon, will not get you banned.

Spawning a hacked weapon should obviously get you banned.

Are we clear now?  ;)

• Like 3

It must be possible to clean the hive, to get rid of 'infinite ammo' mags ?

(maybe this would be a large undertaking ?)

Or a login check for those mags ?

Or a check when a character is saved to the hive at logout ?

• Like 1

We are all adults here or atleast i think we are, the safe thing to do when encountering such items (hacked ones unless u r too dumb to differentiate them) is to ignore or hide the body or bury it. If u r banned from using them, u r just too damn stupid. 

Example : While drinking in a bar and u saw some1 left a sack of white substance and you took it because its 'free', u came out and a police team caught u with them and u were sentenced to death for 'trafficking drugs'. Too bad, it will take you a few years in court to learn things the hard way given somebody actually believed you, hahahaha.

The 'i dunno' BS does not work, at least on BE. Play safe or you will be 'filtered' from all BE servers.