RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Note that BE cannot actually fix such hacks, only the engine can. Anyway, the devs are aware of this problem, so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

yeah i thought they fixed it with .46, because that was the announcement on the forum for .46 :)

Oke, we just got killed by a teleporting sniper wallhacker near Berezino. The amount of hackers makes the game unplayable right now for me and my group.

We will be quitting untill the next anti-hack update. I wish the developers good luck trying to prevent this hacking situation. Alpha or not, the hackers should be banned.

Edited by Wexoch
  • Like 1

yeah i thought they fixed it with .46, because that was the announcement on the forum for .46 :)

Hmm well I had some of my gear stolen off me while running in Novo but I think it was on .47 experimental hardcore so maybe it's back or all of .46 security is not in .47 exp? In 120 hours or so this was my first experience with one. I also had loot (Blaze rifle ammo) disappear from right in front of me while some aggro zombies were just conveniently chilling out at the bottom of a two-story house. Makes me wonder if a hacker was there gathering loot from not just a players inventory but near them as well. Not even sure if that's possible but it the hacking seems endless in this game right now.

Also we had a hacker kill several people during a livestream with M1NDR and SepticFalcon yesterday. He also was bringing down any server we would go to. Frustrating to say the least. I believe they know who it was and contact both Hicks and BI. Hope karma catches up to these hackers one day and they get banned for good.

Edited by haknslash

My buddies has their gear stripped. 

I WARNED YOU ABOUT THAT HOTFIX, BRO.

Edited by hotcakes

I had an interesting event happen that made me look like a hacker. I was ontop of a building watching two people almost directly below me. Suddenly a third comes in and they engage in a firefight. The third person is killed as well as one of the original two. Considering they all were pretty loaded out, I wanted their gear for myself. So I figured I'd kill the one remaining person and have all the loot to myself. I try to creep to the edge of the building to shoot down at him but -whoops! I go to far and fall "well, that failed" I think as I am falling. However, I land just find behind the guy and suffer no damage. He turns around and I shoot him.

I know from his perspective it looks like I hacked somehow. To him, it looks like I just TPd directly behind him. I apologized over voice chat to him and insisted I was not a hacker. Not sure if he heard me.

Edit: For what it's worth, I stole all his gear and hid the bodies because, you know, DayZ in Berizino

Edited by snipper_cr
  • Like 3

So many hackers in that game. Got 2 days ago 2 guys who killed me and my friend. It was like falling from somewhere just broke our legs and died. We were 5 people, then the other 3 could be shot from them easily. And today on a hardcore server, i was full equipt since 3 mounth playing m4 agoc mosin long range.... I was walking in the woods near berenzino. There was a fuel station, i just thought, dont walk through maybe it will blow up. So i kept distance, and then booom it really blew up. I was walking a while after that, not thinking anything. And then shots, from ak. He hit me many times i couldnt beliieve because i was just running away.  And then i looked back and he was fast and glitching around like teleporting from one place to other, couldnt get away from him. At the end i decide to hide and logout, but i was dead anyway.

I've had my character pulled up from the ground and slammed down (early days). I've also been killed by a server.... just... log in - immediate death.

Side note: Playing from the start again was fun and I managed to explore a ton of new stuff. I even took the opportunity with my first fresh bambie toon, to run into Berenzino, grabbed an ax and split open a bandit head snipe-camping on the roof.  :lol:

Playing on regular obviously...btw, the hacker infestation is worse there,

Yeah one do the reasons I've given up playing, too many cheaters and glitchers

Battleye bans them, they just buy a new copy, you can't stop them with the current system

There are plenty of hackers with money to waste, and when they buy a new copy everyone except the legit player is happy

The hackers are still as much of a problem as they were 2 years ago in the mod, there has been little if any improvement in stopping them

I've seen everything to being teleported to a group of guys and gunned down, super fast people, I watched a group of 6 get wiped out by a guy teleporting behind them one at a time, I logged out as quick as I could but was dead upon joining another server

Seen people flying, walking through and shooting through walls

Guys who are invincible who take out a whole group and just stand there soaking up bullets

Had my weapon put away straight after engaging someone

Aimbots, people tracking me every move when they can't see me behind a wall and kill me from 100m away with a pistol headshot firing 1 shot

My favourite is still the time a joined a server that was empty after a restart, 1 guy joins and I'm killed by a infinate full auto sawn off shotgun, seeing as I'm 1000m away from any city in the far north exploring it's highly unlikely he spawned in there right where I was, he also left the server straight away

Yay for battleye, good job!

2 years on and the hackers are still outwitting you

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 3

Yeah one do the reasons I've given up playing, too many cheaters and glitchers

Battleye bans them, they just buy a new copy, you can't stop them with the current system

There are plenty of hackers with money to waste, and when they buy a new copy everyone except the legit player is happy

The hackers are still as much of a problem as they were 2 years ago in the mod, there has been little if any improvement in stopping them

I've seen everything to being teleported to a group of guys and gunned down, super fast people, I watched a group of 6 get wiped out by a guy teleporting behind them one at a time, I logged out as quick as I could but was dead upon joining another server

Seen people flying, walking through and shooting through walls

Guys who are invincible who take out a whole group and just stand there soaking up bullets

Had my weapon put away straight after engaging someone

Aimbots, people tracking me every move when they can't see me behind a wall and kill me from 100m away with a pistol headshot firing 1 shot

My favourite is still the time a joined a server that was empty after a restart, 1 guy joins and I'm killed by a infinate full auto sawn off shotgun, seeing as I'm 1000m away from any city in the far north exploring it's highly unlikely he spawned in there right where I was, he also left the server straight away

Yay for battleye, good job!

2 years on and the hackers are still outwitting you

Cheaters punish themselves, and are blind to the concept.  I feel sad for them actually.  They don't play with "the fear" and it is "the fear" that makes this game savory.  Really, I pity them.

• Like 1

Teleporthack, Aimbot, Speedhack = 3/5 dead; two could log out before they got killed in our group. I only have the names of the players that where on the server in a screenshot. I'm assumig that won't help at all? It would be a nice feature if you could see the ip adress from the server you are playing on and the time when you open the playerlist so you can narrow it down when looking for hackers. A unique steam or player ID would be usefull as well! Steam became a pretty powerful platform over the years that could help to ban cheaters more faster and reliable.

Edited by TyrDaishi
  • Like 1

We need valve anti cheat, so only Ring0 hacks will work :/.

• Like 1

We need valve anti cheat, so only Ring0 hacks will work

Hmm well I had some of my gear stolen off me while running in Novo but I think it was on .47 experimental hardcore so maybe it's back or all of .46 security is not in .47 exp? In 120 hours or so this was my first experience with one. I also had loot (Blaze rifle ammo) disappear from right in front of me while some aggro zombies were just conveniently chilling out at the bottom of a two-story house. Makes me wonder if a hacker was there gathering loot from not just a players inventory but near them as well. Not even sure if that's possible but it the hacking seems endless in this game right now.

Also we had a hacker kill several people during a livestream with M1NDR and SepticFalcon yesterday. He also was bringing down any server we would go to. Frustrating to say the least. I believe they know who it was and contact both Hicks and BI. Hope karma catches up to these hackers one day and they get banned for good.

Unfortunatly with childs that get an allowance like 120 € and more they could buy 4 accounts a month if they feel like cheating ;) As long as the bans are getting issued this slow noone will lose the will to cheat if he has that kind of mindset to begin with.

Edited by TyrDaishi
  • Like 1

We need valve anti cheat, so only Ring0 hacks will work :/.

We already have that

• Like 1

Judging by the steam forum it seems like quite a few scum got banned.

SON-OF-A-BIATCH!

Just had my M4 disappear right out of my hands! Damn hackers!

• Like 1

SON-OF-A-BIATCH!

Just had my M4 disappear right out of my hands! Damn hackers!

i guess you avatar just describes your face when you realized this happened to you :)

• Like 2

Over the last week my squad and I have run into more and more bandits that have hackmags and M4's. Literally every time we see an M4, we KNOW that person has a hackmag. Since crash sites havent been working, there is NO source for M4 ammo and the only people able to use it are those who have the hacked magazines.

Yesterday alone we killed 7 well-geared people in Svetlo over about 4 hours in game. 3 out of those 7 people we killed had hacked magazines.

Edited by blaeZ
  • Like 1

Interesting story, but I can't help but think the purpose of this thread is telling us about how your cool squad killed some bandits.

Obviously they're working on fixing the hackmags

• Like 3

Hacked in m4  and magazines are not result of hacks but exploit of game engine/server thus can't be dealt with by BattEye. We gotta dean with it till devs fix it.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can still make them. Every patch I check to see if I can still get into certain walls, under certain buildings, duplicate food/ammo, wall peek, check the gamma glitch, and see if I can still make infinite mags.

So far, NONE of the above issues have been properly fixed.

• Like 2

Hacked in m4  and magazines are not result of hacks but exploit of game engine/server thus can't be dealt with by BattEye. We gotta dean with it till devs fix it.

Well, only partially. It is possible that people are also using a hacking tool to create the hacked mags.

Edited by scriptfactory

Hacked mags aka "Unlimited Ammo" OR Duped mags?

Duping is alive and well, I met a player who was inside prison wall at the NEAF Base, before the last update, why he didn't kill me I'll never know, maybe he was lonely lol....he showed me how to get inside the wall, then he showed me how to dupe his gear.

I thought , how sad is this? I really do hope they fix it soon, that , and the use item exploits.

but think the purpose of this thread is telling us about how your cool squad killed some bandits.

Thats why you shouldnt think.  A 3-man squad killing 7 people over 4 hours is nothing to brag about. If you thought I was bragging you should work on your perception.

Hacked mags aka "Unlimited Ammo" OR Duped mags?

Definitely hacked, unlimited ammo magazines.

Edited by blaeZ